1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.

You got a negative rep? Tough shit, don't come crying to us.

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by Reznor, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

It's funny how you delted all the useless posts until our faggot spamming. :)

2. Broleta Active Member

XD Your the most useless mod I've ever seen.

3. Reznor Administrator Administrator

@SaG and other guy: Spam is irrelevant to the thread.

But bitching about rep is antithetical to the thread.

4. earthshine Banned

what was the point of this thread anyways? to tell people to stop bitching about neg reps, but in essence, giving them a place to do so?

5. Broleta Active Member

I think it's very relevant to this thread, infact I think it is relevant to the whole forum.

6. Stealth Tomato It has big taste. Advisor

Tough luck, you're wrong. Try again next time! :Gaipose

7. Broleta Active Member

So if a member has a concern about how one of the moderators runs this forum it is not relevant?

8. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

I know that, I just found it amusing that Vash stopped deleting posts at the faggot spamming part.

Now, never question my authority again or I'll have you killed.

Correct! This forum is run by about thirty people who have been here for a long time or at least are regulars. They themselves do not need to heed any member, they might consider something that you say if you have a good case. Doesn't happend often though.

Now you might think that you're special with your critique of a mod/mods, but you're not. People bitch at mods all the time here, so you will most likely be ignored. Also the fact that your opinion isn't absolute. I myself as a senior member think of Vash as one of the better mods.

He's been here forever and done mostly a good job. He has had a history of some abuse, but in the end it's mostly due to his blunt sarcastic personality. Vash won't glomp or huggle you, in fact he might call you an idiot, but he'll be honest about it and I preffer that far more than the "glomp/huggle-and-then-not-give-a-shit-what-you-just-said mod".

Now I suggest that you don't start your forum career with mod bitching, because it is quite pointless. Critique coming from such a new member that is. How do you know if Vash is a good mod or not? Even if assume your right, then you have based that opinion on just one incident. You haven't really been here long enough to judge a mod who has been here since the beginning and clearly has some value as a mod, since he still is one.

I've seen Vash for a long time and he's generally rough but mostly he's very fair. So just chill and remember that even if you think Vash sucks, it will most likely not affect your forum visiting much. You can't like everyone on such a large forum.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  9. Broleta Active Member

I'm just calling it like I see it, I've been in the anime community 5 years in February, I don't like to boast, I keep myself to myself but I've played part in alot of successful websites and I know that a moderator who calls the forum population stupid is not a good moderator and their position should be reviewed no matter how long they have had power for.

10. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

Vash is a mod because he does his job. Him calling everyone stupid is his own opinion, which he is allowed to have. I personaly preffer his blunt honesty above him huggleing me, but that's just me.

You must remember that Vash disliking you, or me or anyone doesn't apply to the other mods. It's just his personal opinion, it doesn't mean that all the mods hate you.

Just because he's a mod doesn't mean that he can't have his own personal opinions.

11. Broleta Active Member

Moderators should be fair, impartial and professional.

12. Nybarius Ennui Bores Me

This post is amusing because it comes from a time when moderators were consistently tops in terms of rep power (and that's not even counting Ronin-h4x) :)

13. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

Moderators are human and develop biases like all other humans. Expecting of them to be impartial, well it's impossible.

Vash is fair in my opinion. He has been abusive at time, but those times the other mods made him back down. The fact is that Vash might be the mod I trust the most here.

Professional? I don't know mods are after all members with privlidges and jobs that need to be done. Expecting anything of them that you do not expect of yourself is wrong.

You need to remember that Vash is very sarcastic and blunt, that doesn't really affect his modding. He still keeps his sections clean and if you ask him a civil question he will answer it in a civil manner. It's just that if he thinks you did something stupid he will say so.

Oh and a suggestion. Bitching at mods in a public thread is not a good thing, it has a huge risk of ending in a flame war or spam fest. My suggestion is that if you have some real issue with Vash, then just PM him.

PMs have a higher rate of solving problems than pointing fingers in public threads.

14. Nybarius Ennui Bores Me

The term "professional" sort of implies you're getting paid. The mods, properly, are hobbyists; and, like many hobbyists, they actually devote more time to their hobby than many professionals do to theirs :)

(In my opinion, mods should be fair, impartial, and honest, so long as the result favors me. When it doesn't, let them be unfair, biased, and deceitful.)

15. Xell ヽ(#`Д?)ノ

vash is seriously an official fag! and everyone stop mod ass kissing you fags, you wont do well in life and you wont gain mod powers from doing so, so if you read this dont reply! :)

16. Nybarius Ennui Bores Me

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an iconoclast.

17. Gunners .

I feel it for the mods, because of their status people assume them to behave a certain way, at the end of the day they are still users, i think vash said something like this before
    I agree with that.

My opinion is he can be a bit rash sometimes, the destruction of threads, at the same time he makes good post, check the debate section for ramen section.

When people speak, some might, the majority dont hope to gain modship, i guess some people get sick of posts like yours.

18. Reznor Administrator Administrator

This same thread is in the Comments and Questions (but made by me). I left it opened and this one closed (though someone opened this one for some reason) as well as the footnote in the first post and the title so as to make it clear that clarifaction and inquiry about the way it works.

I think I'll reclose this one, just because we only need one and as you said, we don't want to give a place for bitching ^_^

Use this one now http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=40022

19. Stealth Tomato It has big taste. Advisor

If I spend 40+ hours a week on these forums, God save my soul.

Wow, thank you so much, I just don't know what to say, I am SO not prepared for this. Um, I would like to thank my family... my loving mom, my dad, fuck my brother because he's a little bitch... my friends... my producer, what a wonderful guy he is. Oh, and all my fans who I just LOVE, thanks for supporting me! Yeah rock on!

20. makaveli93 New Member

I can't believe people honestly care about rep, rep on the forum won't get you laid.

21. Shunsui Think. Advisor

Thinking that getting laid is the only thing that's important doesn't help much, either.

22. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

What do you all mean? I get laid all the time just by telling the ladies of my rep level on NF!

How much rep you have here is a good indication on how manly you are. Fact.

23. Procyon Loveless

24. blackdragon2187 I

so you basically neg-rep me today for stating my own opinion about the american gov't, and not answering what you were talking about? hmm it kinda makes me wonder about how complex people act in these forums :amuse

25. Feathers! Jiraiya Advisor

lolz... so he doesnt have a right to choose not to respond. control issues...
    is it wrong that i care about the rep on NF... its like the merits from elementary/primary school... but it does sometimes makes me ask why mr.16 posts is celestial...

26. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

To be honest... and this is just my opinion but, I'm sure the whole thing about neg-rep's and such could all be resolved if there was a function on the rep screen where it would be REQUIRED to type in your user name when repping someone. The amount of annoymous repping after all IS getting ridiculous because really I'm sure a lot of people would like to know who pos and neg rep's them. Also many of us don't have the abilities of the higher up's where we can look at a person's rep history.

Besides that I really don't care about rep.

27. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

uhhh, if the problem becomes greater and greater, by that i mean more and more members complain, then that function should be implemented, but in this case, it's not that bad, not a lot of people are complaining and even care for that matter, so it's fine the way it is. if you're curious about a rep and want to know who neg repped or pos. repped you, you can ask a mod to take a look for you and they will get the information needed.

28. Chi Technical knockout

I don't get it.. Why do someone need a name of person who neg repped him?
    To negrep him back?
    Really.. If negrep comment is "normal" and explains WHY was you negrepped and the reason is "normal" i don't see any need in names..
    If you think you were negrepped for no good reason and think, that it was an rep abuse - ask mod, or something..

I was negrepped 3 times, and didn't need the names to correct my mistakes..

Knowing the name, kinda doesn't change anything.. It's not like you have powers to do something about it..

29. Hitorio Envoy of Ascension

It's so u can contact the person and ask them to leave thair names next time.
    I would like to know who repped me if someone did

30. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

If the name came up automatically, then we would see if someone is abusing the system by repeatedly neg-repping the same user.

31. Kagakusha ~깝권~ Advisor

False; it would perpetuate rep wars since ~99% of the forums comprise immature twats.
    And that's why we're here. :tem

32. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

~1% of the people on the forums are mature? Isn't that a bit optimistic?

Personally, I sign my negs, since I see no reason not to. That, however, is a personal choice. I have little to lose if someone decides to neg me back, and members without a large amount of repping power, if they actually care about their rep, have good reason to fear revenge reps. Revenge repping is a common practice, even among us older and 'wiser' members. :p

Ask any mod who check rep histories--it happens all the time, since a person can always ask a mod who just negged them. :laugh

33. Chi Technical knockout

As already said, it'll just lead to rep war..

If you have confidence in your posts and see, that you started to get a lot of negreps lately, it'll make you suspicious and you will just ask mod to give you names..

Get the pos rep is easier than a neg one.. And get yourself a "stalker" is even harder..

IMO, if it was rep points and not the name, it could be better..
    You don't know WHO exactly gave you neg rep, but if you see that you was neg reped a lot with the same rep power, you can assume that it was an abuse, and ask mod for actual investigation..

34. Feathers! Jiraiya Advisor

"rep war" sounds like the name of something fun. Lets play rep war guys. Hey how come i always get picked last. Cause your rep power is weak and you cant dodge a ball for your life... ha ha goodtimes.

yea, putting the name of the repper is good and having it so someone who got neg rep from you cant rep or neg rep you for 48 hours would be good. Most wouldve calmed down and let it go by then.

35. ~Kaio-Cam~ Katon, Ryukken no Jutsu

Did they ever fix that?

37. Kusajishi ♣ Supremacy ♣

Lol Moderators and Admins don't care about neg rep you would see if you watched the topic name.. Even if I feel sorry for you to get so much neg rep, but its only natural that some guys are asses ; )! But I agree a system witch shows the neg reppers name would be great, even tho people who get neg rep will neg-rep back..

38. C?k --------

wow...thats...just....stupid how many time has she negreppd ya!! :lmao

Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  39. ~Kaio-Cam~ Katon, Ryukken no Jutsu

a lot... maybe over 15 times. I cant see the neg reps from before 12/25/05 anymore :-\

40. cloudabove87 Hero of the Day

Okay, why the hell can't I rep user HyugaHinata . . . biggest bitch on these forums but I can't rep him/her.

41. Oskar von Reuental ?ロ?

Looks like his/her rep has been disabled by the powers that be.

42. Jae StyleS カポン

43. Yakushi~Kabuto Banned

http://forums.narutofan.com/member.php?u=3517

I have no opinion about those reps but at least she commented and signed

44. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

there has been a lot of abuse of rep power lately, especailly from Transcendant members just beacause they felt like it.

Not to mention what they did to Tayuya's rep and a couple of others.

I know a lot of people that love to neg rep, and i don't see their rep perm disable.

45. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

Mostly you are allowed to neg rep all you want, as long as you're not flaming in them or constantly neg-repping the same member for no reason.

46. Shogun <marquee><font color='dark blue'>Standing Still</f

I think the evidence is there concerning hyuugahinata, unless something has been done and i missed it.

47. martryn Dick in hand

1. I always leave a reason, and I always consider it a valid one.
    2. I'm not sure if I'm at 50% neg repping or not, but its not 90%, or even 75%.
    3. Well, I never flame or curse...
    4. I have NEVER done that before.

48. Robotkiller Still alive Advisor

Yes something needs to be done about tayuya's rep...what judge dre did was just plain cruel.:rant

49. Yakushi~Kabuto Banned

I got dozens of flaming neg rep and I learn to get used to it.
    Actually since mods didn't seem to care much I started to be cruel sometimes as well. last one i remeber of is one n00b I called "lamer fucker" or something because in his post he said I needed to stop sucking Kabuto dick.... :oh
    http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=3129728&postcount=93

before that I called martryn a cockroach (ROFL)
    don't misunderstand me tho 95% of the time I'm polite

Unfortunately, Mods don't enfore "no flame" rules and it end up getting worse and worse....

How big is the... 02-15-2006 10:27 PM Your just as big an idiot as the other guy. ~martryn

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  50. Shogun <marquee><font color='dark blue'>Standing Still</f

I guess a one off flame doesn't hurt, but if it is continuous it is a bit bothersome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.