1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Yondaime's name - Uzumaki Arashi?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Sesqoo, Dec 5, 2004.

Yondaime's true name......

Poll closed Sep 22, 2006.
  1. Surely it's Arashi!

47.4%
  2. Surely it's Kayaku! look at the scroll!

21.1%
  3. No it's another one Kishi didn't show(hide) in the manga

47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sesqoo Good Boy

who is uzumaki arashi.. his name was on the summon scroll were naruto had signed the contract with frog summons u could see 3 names jiraya, uzumaki arashi and naruto.. could it be 4th??

Edit: I make it easier for the newcomers and edit my first post and add the picture we've kinda been talking about here.

Spoiler:
    X

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  2. Zossima Replacing Log

!!! how do you know that ???

can you read japanese ???

3. Tsugakyu Till is the sex!

4. Sesqoo Good Boy

lol no i cant..but i saw it on a picture translated by anbu/aone dont got the link so i cant show it...but im sure the first name was jirayia second was uzumaki arashi and 3 naruto..

5. Tsugakyu Till is the sex!

Arashi means storm (Just FYI) :D

6. Sesqoo Good Boy

yes heard that..but its a name still.. do u think it could be 4th... if im not wrong he could summon frogs and he was student of jiraya

7. Zossima Replacing Log

intriguing at least ! , the only reason i don't think that it is the 4th is because this theme hasn't been discussed a lot, or even never. other than that... it would make perfect sense to be the 4th sig.

8. yelin Member

imagine kishi just putting in lil hints for us to discover, imagine that aye,.

9. darklide From darkness...i'll rise

Yeah sure...
    I think that i posted something like this some weeks earlier...
    If someone could read the name before naruto on the paper tha jiraiya gave naruto then it'll give the name of the 4th...
    But no one answered or at least they told me that they couldn't read the paper...

So thats cool...If thats true...then the 4th's name is uzumaki arashi...and he would be naruto's dad

But even though there'll be things that dont make sense then...
    If the 4th is naruto's dad then how come nearly everyone in konoha hates naruto...

10. Tsugakyu Till is the sex!

Maybe they dont know o_O;;

11. darklide From darkness...i'll rise

Uzumaki arashi and Uzumaki naruto...does it not ring a bell???
    But u may be right they may not know too....

But there is another alternative which is that the 4th is not naruto's dad but someone of the uzumaki clan maybe a cousin or an uncle

12. Crucifixation Endless Sacrifice

I highly doubt that. The writings on the scroll were totally illegible, and I have to stare at it for half an hour just to make out the characters for "Jiraiya".

13. Sesqoo Good Boy

maybe its his brother or something and in some way he was resbonsibe for his death... im almost sure anyway that they are atleast related..and kishi will soon probebly tell us ..maybe even in the gaiden

14. Marvin Member

nobody by that name is in Naruto, the name between Jiraiya and Naruto can't be read. cause it's too messy.

15. Crucifixation Endless Sacrifice

That's precisely my point.

16. mao Fishsticks!

Well, since that name between Jiraiya and Naruto must be Yondaime's if he knew how to summon frogs (because I doubt that he would have learned summoning jutsu before his sensei), he sure has a messy handwriting for a Hokage ;)

Then again, maybe he's just fan of Japanese calligraphy. No way in hell I can read 95% of those either.
    X

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  17. yapster Ramen Boss

i dun see why its not yondaime's. the scroll is passed down from generation to generation. jiraiya, yondaime and now we have naruto though i'm still not sure wat yondaime's real name is

18. Miso aka AzzzRAEL

Could be!
    I think that the 4th could summon the frog, too for he was a student of Jiraiya's.
    But I personally don't like the idea that the 4th was an Uchiha.
    I'd like it better when he was strong of his own and not belonging to that shitty Uchiha clan. They all fuss around it.
    I'd like hard work better.

19. PinkNHikari Medivh & Jaina

wat are the names before jiraiya's?

20. mao Fishsticks!

Can't really figure out, there's only half or so showing of the first two names and the third one is too much for my poor kanji skills.

21. Peklet Proud loser

Just look at X.I scanned it from the spanish naruto volume 11.

22. Sesqoo Good Boy

how come anbu did translate it?

23. $haringan New Member

they have good eyes.

24. tigerwoo and the late payment

it's definately the name of yondaime, however, does it really say uzumaki arashi? i read it as poledancer secret. so i think this means yondaime's name is a secret, and he comes from the poledancer clan. that naughty minx!

25. YamazakiSusumu Just call me Susumu.

That Spanish translation is unreliable because they have it written that Naruto's says "Uzumaki" when it is clear that he has written "Na-Ru-To" in Hiragana. If they can't even read Hiragana, don't trust their reading of Kanji.

The scroll only has first names, so it defintely doesn't say Uzumaki Arashi/Kaseiyo.

26. Sesqoo Good Boy

so ur saying the best(anyway i think) translaters for the anime cant translate..and u can??

27. mao Fishsticks!

Exactly. I found it a bit strange that Naruto wrote his name in hiragana (since from what I've learned, first names are usually written with either kanji or katakana), but there's definitely no space for 'Uzumaki' before his first name he's currently writing.

It's true that he spells his name "U-zu-ma-ki Na-ru-to" in the anime, but we've already seen how they sometimes screw things up there ;p

28. Peklet Proud loser

What? you saying that they are bad translators.. cause the say uzumaki instead of naruto... Yea, that's a good reason. Or not. I don't care if they wrote uzumaki or whatever. They translated Kaseiyo like they have translated the rest of the manga... But they don't translate literally like inane. That's why it doesn't matter if they write uzumaki or naruto

P.S I do trust translators of one of the best manga publishers in Spain

29. Omote Renge ...I'm just here.

Can I see a picture? I watched the ANBU sub of the episode and it didn't have anything translated on the scroll.

30. Sesqoo Good Boy

i dont have it atm.. but i try to get it from my friend if he still have it..

31. stormrunner Wants a Custom Title

If that was the name on the scroll, then we at least have proof that Naruto is not the 4ths son or the 4th. Arashi might have been a student of Jiraya alongside the 4th. That would explain why the 4th would choose Naruto as the vessel to Kyuubi

32. rx-7r4g3 Sannin

i meant tigerwoo sorry for the confusion

33. Hyuga 4 Eyes Jedi Nin Assassin

If it does say "Uzumaki Arashi" in the scroll, then how come Naruto didnt go "AHHHHHH nanda dattebayo meowza" when he saw the name Uzumaki already in there?

34. caliboy Yondaime's Legacy

i checked the anbu translated episode, the scroll translated appears in episode 57 just when naruto passed out. but the anbu people showed that naruto and jiraiya's name were next to each other. no name in between, which is confusing. so it could be arashi, but until theres real proof its only speculation

35. Chopstickx Member

i always thought that the name before naruto's was yondaime but i could never make it out o_O and werent jiraiya and naruto's names right next to each other on the anime?...kishimoto did that on purpose -_- well maybe kakashi and his team will actually say yondaimes real name in the gaiden. <insert name here>-sensei! =P

36. darklide From darkness...i'll rise

U've forgot something...Even if they mention the 4th's name in the gaiden...They will say something like <First name>-sensei and not the family name:(
    So it wont be helpful except if the names are as the shika-ino-cho trio nin...
    What i mean is that u wont guess the relation between naruto and the 4th with the 1st name except if the beginning of the name is the same for both...
    Example:
    Naruto and Naru<add something there>

37. Chopstickx Member

oh yea...-_-...well we can at least call him by his real name after that right? XD

38. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

It is quite possible i remember seeing something like that too. But its funny to hear one of my swords name ^^.

Arashi would fit his name also, I mean rasengan is a typhoon and his last jutsus (i believe he did 3 jutsus in 240, a flash speed attack, 1 tracking seal, and his shunshin no jutsu) we see of him look like thunder flash attacks.

39. Foxlove In Need of Bleach!

That theory could be true. The 4th was able to summon gama oyabin. So his name must be on the scroll. Up till now, we still don't know the 4th's real name. So Arashi Uzumaki could be his name. But refering from the image from Mao, the 4th is before jiraiya. How come? But still, if uzumaki is the 4th's name, we already know 2 things:
    - He may be naruto's uncle, dad or some family relative
    - An Uzumaki clan possibly existed.

But that's not fair! If he was naruto's dad, he gave his son an advantage by sealing the kyuubi inside him. Could he have foreseen that his son would, one day, becone one of the greatest if not THE greatest and strongest hokage?

Thanks for pointing this out Uzumaki Itachi ^[]^

40. Foxlove In Need of Bleach!

Lightning

Moreover in the gaiden, they call the 4th the "yellow flash" or something like that. Arashi = storm and in storm we get lightning which is a flash!

41. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

XX
    Note: when there is a ? it means i am guessing, since i don't know that info.
    Stat are clockwise: Nin (dragon), Tai (tiger), Gen (snake), Knowledge (monkey), Strenght (ox), Speed (hare/rabbit), Stamina (dog), Seals (rat).
    My speculation.

42. Gejimayu 休術のスペシアりスト

What part of illegible don't you people understand? Yeah, I trust the 'best manga publishers in Spain' because they're pretty damn good at just making up a name from half of a first kanji and then two illegible ones that could be anything given how screwed up they are.

Get a clue. We're not meant to know the 4th's name right now. "Uzumaki Arashi" or "Kaseiyo" are just guesses with no basis in fact and only tenuous links to possibility. Sure, it's POSSIBLE that those could be his name, but it's also possible that Naruto's father is Jiraiya after a one-night stand with Tsunade 13 years ago! Acting like there's evidence to back any of this up or suggest that this is something true and substantiated that we're supposed to notice is stupid.

43. josh_x New Member

do we know the legendary sannin's family names?

44. Hanzt Just Plain Stupid

offcorse he could use gama bunta.. he used it when he defeated Kyuubi.. and what?! Uchia?! where do you get that he's an Uchia?! stop dreaming man...

45. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Some people tend to mix the sato with the actual naruto series ~.~.
    That's probably where yondaime = uchina might come out off.
    Gejimayu this is a descussion thread, not all have to be real, we are assuming, which mean it could or could not be true. If you can't stand it then don't get in, it's not like you are forced in here.

46. Sesqoo Good Boy

here u go
    X

47. Miso aka AzzzRAEL

Oh...well...I'm sorry...I got that wrong with the Uchiha clan...
    He's of course none of the Uchiha at least that's what I hope for.

48. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

X
    Thats the original kanji for the word Arashi, but japanese writing dialect are hard to read sometimes so you be the guess.

49. Sesqoo Good Boy

the topic is starting to get more interesting.. come on post ur thoughts.. i whant know what more ppl think:D