1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Wow, Sonic really DOES rip off DBZ

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Goofy Titan, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

X

Woah, see the similarities? You have the cool-headed guys [Goku and Sonic[, the 'im a badass' guys [Shadow and Vegeta] and the ones from the future [Trunks and Silver]. And this is further supported by the 7 Chaos Emeralds/7 Dragon balls. Hell, look at their hair styles, they scream similarites as well :O

2. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

lol well the creator of sonic has said that Drgaonball , and DBZ where his favorite shows and he was inspired by them.

3. dragonbattousai The Lost Jedi

Don't forget the gold tint and aura when he goes Super Sonic =P I always wondered about that, and I guess I learned from SSJ3 Goku

4. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Said creator is not involved in the series anymore, and that is one of maybe 3 reasons why I hope this game flops horribly, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed almost all the games so far >_>

5. Blazetiger sasuke sexy no justu? HOT!

i'm a big sonic fan and all and I been knew that sonic is kinda rip off of DBZ and I've really must be behind in the series because WHO THE HELL IS SILVER? i've never heard of this character. would someone be so kind as to explain whose silver.

6. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

New character, typical Sega style; added into a new game and just left there to go with a new plot not in the other titles. Hes from TEH FUTURE, so that means he's like really good. He will probably be a shallow peice of shit character like Shadow is.

This cliche happend with Shadow, Blaze, now Silver.

7. Donkey Show Bukkage Advisor

Perhaps he has a sword too. XD

8. Personal Jesus Maurice Chavez, the asshole

First time seeing this Silver dude. Well, uh, at least he's got an interesting design.

9. Cero .

Wow i just noticed Silver, i never seen him before. but ive known this lol

Just for the record its the other way around...

Sonic came before DBZ =p

10. Donkey Show Bukkage Advisor

Wrong! The first Sonic the Hedgehog game came out 2 years after DBZ first aired in Japan (1989). Sonic came out in 1991. :amazed

X

X

11. Cero .

Well in america it was the other way around and when did this "Silver" appear? :oh

12. Personal Jesus Maurice Chavez, the asshole

His debut will apparently be in "Sonic Rivals", which is due in Q4 2006 in the US. Game looks interesting; shame that it's a PSP only release.

13. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

here's the info on Silver so far
    X

14. Cero .

thanks so much, he looks really cool o.o xD

15. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

Um seriously everyone who is a sonic fans knows that there team loved DBZ ( expcially the creator) thats why in sonic 2/3 plus the rest you allways see super sonic etc .

16. Cero .

Yeah they look very "super saiyan" i knew it from the start =p

17. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Actually, Silvers first game chronologically if you will is Sonic the Hedgehog 360/PS3, which is then followed by Sonic Rivals seeing as Sonic 360/PS3 explains why he's in Sonic's time.

18. Xell ヽ(#`Д?)ノ

>_> So? Naruto was inspired by DBZ.. The fact that Naruto wears orange and has blonde spikey hair... Sasuke wears dark blue (Like Vegeta).. Masashi Kishimoto said to himself that it was inspired by DBZ..

Same with One Piece.. Infact DBZ inspires alot of stuff.. I wouldn't say it's ripping..

19. Lord10 One Piece sucks

:nuts

u cant get any better proof then that:laugh too bad there arent anymore good sonic games:( now theyre coming up with crappy games like sonic riders

20. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

Silver Super Saiyan =
    Spoiler:
    X

21. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Well, the 2D goings were and are still strong. I can guarentee 1/3 of this new Sonic game for the 360/PS3 will blow, because they are going to use prettier elements from Shadow the Hedgehog, effortlessly the worst Sonic game of all time. The fact they replaced toe boring Knuckles/Rouge moments with a psychic moment isn't going to help either.

22. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

I've played worse. Sonic Riders/Rivals both sucked more. Shadow had shitty controls and way to short. If they work on that and make it more adventure feel = good. This one so far looks good though since you play with 3 different people i'm afriad one will suck :cry

23. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Riders was just a difficult game, F-Zero GX like hard. It was pretty fun once you mastered it, because it really did have a very interesting concept. I can not name one thing that has impressed me with this title. Hell, they fucking ruined EGGMAN for shits sake.

24. Seany Banned

Wow i'm liking the look of Silver =)
    Yeahh your right, a few ideas are similar to dbz. Hey i don't mind though :p

25. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

Eggman is shitty anyway. I can name of few things that got me wanting to play.
    Spoiler:
    X
    X
    X
    X

Of course this is my opinion but these make me want to play. :amuse

26. ZE E?E

Who doesn?t like? I?m tiered of reading people around here just criticising dragon ball this dragon ball that, just powerups, like there was something better, in Japan most of mangakas and videogame producers are inspired by dragon ball, and I don?t think they hate dragon ball as much as I see people hating here.

27. Personal Jesus Maurice Chavez, the asshole

That shot of Silver picking up the car with telekinesis reminds me of "Destroy All Humans." I loved that game.

28. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

So, you don't care if they ruined their MAIN VILLIAN, but you care that it just looks pretty? >_>

29. Dark Shadow . : S i m p l i c i t y : .

Ehh...no.

I really hate how a lot of people critisize Dragon Ball. Fact is, most of us got into anime because of Dragon Ball Z. A lot of anime and manga tribute to Dragon Ball in some way or another, and this is just one of 'em.

And just for the record, Sonic also parodied the Death Star too..

30. 2Shea Touch?

Someone enlighten me on this, why was his name changed from Dr. Robotnik to Eggman? I mean I know he looks like an Egg, but I thought eggman was just a derrogitory thing sonic came up with, not an official name for him.

Anyway yeah, no big surprise there, almost all anime and manga somewhat take ideas from DB/DBZ, and ALL Shounen manga does (give or take like 1 or 2). Plus Sonic Team has admited it many a times.

31. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

The "MAIN VILLIAN" was always gay, never liked him. Chaos on the othere hand was fucking awsome. :) It looks pretty, it seems to play like a better version of shadow the hedgehod...so yeah sorry if i'm a bit excited :amuse

32. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

It being a better version of Shadow the Hedgehog is like having a more solid peice of shit than say, watery shit.

If this game is better than Heroes, the lowest of the quality Sonic's, its a good game. If not; it is shit. :O

33. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

Hero's was garbage too. Shadow the hedgehog wasn't terrible, just bad controls and camera = bad game. Fix Bad controls and Camera = Good game. Maybe you don't understand that but shadow could of been as good as adventure if they fixed those problems. They didn't so i believe they will this game because so far, by the videos, the game looks to be much better and really fun.

34. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

This Silver guy pisses me off. The Sonic comics already created a new superfast hedgehog, Scourge. There's no reason to add a new one in.

And though DB came before Sonic, did Super Saiyan come before Super Sonic?

35. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

Yes. I don't think super sonic was in Sonic 1.

36. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

No Shadow was terrible regardless if they fixed flaw 1 of many.

-It was a first for Sega to stoop so low to fire the ENTIRE Sonic VA cast because the one who did Eggman died. I can understand replacing Eggman's VA, but there was absolutley no reason to replace everyone else. Let alone, with people who are maybe 17 times worse. The Eggman replace VA was quite talented, and the only one WITH talent in the VA department after Heroes. It almost makes me want to play the JP version over the US one, because this cast, for the most part, is like the new generation of RE-style voice acting.

-The story was shit. OMG I R TEH ALIEN WHO NOES UR PAST SHADOW, GET ME TEH EMERALDS. OKAY, MISTERIOUS GUY WHO WILL OBVIOUSLY USE THEM FOR BAD REASONS, I'LL DO IT.

- The gameplay as possibly one of the worst things out of ANY Sonic game, and every Sega game.

- The game was done as fanservice from the start. Hell, the origins of the development of this game were due to a poll, and all the kids love Shadow cause he's 'teh coolness'. I guess kids with shitty opinions get fed shitty games based on the shit they like.

There are NES games, very simple ones at that, that seem better executed, play better, and feel solid than Shadow does. And that is a slap in every case of the word; those games are well over 10+ years old.

BTW, for Masaki; I think Sayian's came first. Silver is going to be Shadow 2.0, not a hedgehog from the past, BUT THE FUTURE.

37. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

@BOLD - I think your wrong, but go on thinking what you want. Think negative thoughts, it only worsens your life not mine. I think it'll be good and hopefully it will. If it doesn't then to bad. Every game has a chance to suck in the end. Metal Gear, red steel, Splinter cell, halo 3, but i think of the postive things and you don't. If you want to keep going be my guess but i like to look for the positives of a game :wink

38. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

This is the only point I agree with you on. While I didn't mind Sonic or Shadow too much, Charmy and Amy were so horrible that in their respective levels, I constantly sent them away whenever they showed up.
    I think he was in Sonic 1, the emeralds were there. And let's not forget that it obviously would have taken quite a bit of time before Super Saiyan appeared.

39. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

I haven't played the first sonic one in so long i don't remember :laugh

40. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Well, I'm not sure. The earliest game I went Super in was Sonic 2.

41. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

I didnt refer that the gameplay was the worst for the 360/PS3 Sonic in that post, because that seems like you interpreted it that way. I was referring to Shadow on all of those points. We know almost slich on the game, but still, Sonic Teams track record make it lean 60/40 into it being bad over good.

Sonic Team for the most part, has created better spin-off titles over the years; Sonic Shuffle sucked, Sonic Riders was a pretty challanging racer, bnd their main 3D titles fell in quality; Adventure pwned, Adventure 2 was worse, Sonic Heroes was probably the least fun but still great Sonic game, and Shadow was one of the worst. If this trait continues, Sonic Rivals will be one of the best PSP titles out there and the 360/PS3 Sonic will be one of the worst next-gen games ever made. But, I hope that's not the case.

EDIT: Sonic 2 was the first game that allowed Sonic to be super. Sonic could only become super with 7 emeralds, Sonic 1 and Sonic CD have 6, hence no super.

42. Supa Swag Active Member

There were only 6 emeralds in Sonic 1. Once you get them all nothing really happens.

43. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

But you missed sonic rush *Which sucked lots of dick* so that's another bad one. I just hope this new one that looks good is good. I saw gameplay videos and looked good, i saw shadows and had second thoughts and didn't buy it. See our opinion differs thre, i thought adventure 2 was better then one though 1 had a better story. Owell i'm hoping Sonic for PS3/XBOX 360 will be good along with rivals and the one for Wii.

44. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

The Wii one is practically a guarentee of good, because the main guy on it was involved in some of the best Sonic titles and has not once been a part of the bad ones. Like how Shiggy when he is involved with something, is always a sucess.

The gameplay videos of Shadow at first looked good, as did Heroes. But when you played it, all the flaws exposed their faces, with the grins of dead kittens. I certainly hope that is not the case with the 360/PS3 one. Of course, one of the main flaws of the previous game, the rails and how if you went the wrong way, which would fuck you over at points, was fixed, which was really nice to see.

And Rush wasn't THAT bad. Sure, the story was the biggest for a handheld Sonic next to Battle, the game was awfully short and had quite a lot of design issues, such as places where one accidental screw up even slightly = death, and that certain gameplay additions were more frustrating; such as the horrid missles in level 7. Cause when your running to the right, and are still holding right to go on, you will get on the missle, aim it downwards, and possily send yourself to deathland. I wouldn't say it sucks dick, but is a lot better than some 3D Sonic games, which really isn't saying much.

Oh, and the pop music sucked so much ass it wasn't funny. That wasn't Sonic at all. Felt like a Jet Grind Radio soundtrack to me >_>

45. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

What's the point of that?

46. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Well, it was to get the 'true' ending, to stop Eggman from taking over the island Sonic lived on. Then, the game did so well, they were making 2 sequals, one truthful to Sonic 1, and another which added more gameplay mechanics based off of Sonic 1. Those games were Sonic CD and Sonic 2 >_>

47. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

:amuse
    I hated Sonic Rush and Riders so much, basicly cause i bought them and they just plain ass sucked. I only played shadow for about a hour and it was fun and my friend said he sell it for me for 5 bucks and i think ima buy it. I can play games with shitty ass controls and camera *Bullet Proof*. Shadow video's always looked Adverge - Bad for me but Riders LOOKED good :(

This one looks like it brings back adventure and that just makes me so happy :) lolol I love adventure it was one of the best sonic games to me. Adventure just pushed the story more and i liked it alot. *Except the bat girls missions*

Wii sonic looks good but not to good. I think it's being a bit overrhyped. I like that it's alot like the old sonic games but 3D but it doesn't have anything "Mind-blowing" YET but that will prob change soon enough.

Hopefully Rivals/PS3-XBOX 360/Wii versions of sonic are all good:nod

48. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

The problem with Riders was due to the developing team, the ones who made F-Zero GX; they made the game toooooo hard for newbies to the game to enjoy. They either stuck with it, or hated it. It was not for the pick up and play. It was to pick up, get mad, put it down, pick it up again, try to get better, get better, and enjoy kinda game, and I think less than 10 games of that caliber exist.

And if you buy Shadow for 5 bucks, you could have easily bought something funner; packs of gum totaling up to 5 bucks. The fact it has music from I think Deathman 2000 about death just praticly screams the opposite of what Sonic and Shadow are >_>

49. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

5 Bucks isn't much plus theres nothing to do around here cause my voice is a bit fucked up so i can't even rap. So yeah playing Shadow for a day or two can't hurt, i enjoy it for that hour :p

50. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

The way you imply 'here' is like I'm in another country, im in the same state as you >_>

And Shadow is more than a hour, there are many paths, and many endings. And as per Sonic team, once all is done, you unlock the last chapter.