1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Wow, Sonic really DOES rip off DBZ

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Goofy Titan, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Woah, see the similarities? You have the cool-headed guys [Goku and Sonic[, the 'im a badass' guys [Shadow and Vegeta] and the ones from the future [Trunks and Silver]. And this is further supported by the 7 Chaos Emeralds/7 Dragon balls. Hell, look at their hair styles, they scream similarites as well :O

2. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

lol well the creator of sonic has said that Drgaonball , and DBZ where his favorite shows and he was inspired by them.

3. dragonbattousai The Lost Jedi

Don't forget the gold tint and aura when he goes Super Sonic =P I always wondered about that, and I guess I learned from SSJ3 Goku

4. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Said creator is not involved in the series anymore, and that is one of maybe 3 reasons why I hope this game flops horribly, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed almost all the games so far >_>

5. Blazetiger sasuke sexy no justu? HOT!

i'm a big sonic fan and all and I been knew that sonic is kinda rip off of DBZ and I've really must be behind in the series because WHO THE HELL IS SILVER? i've never heard of this character. would someone be so kind as to explain whose silver.

6. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

New character, typical Sega style; added into a new game and just left there to go with a new plot not in the other titles. Hes from TEH FUTURE, so that means he's like really good. He will probably be a shallow peice of shit character like Shadow is.

This cliche happend with Shadow, Blaze, now Silver.

7. Donkey Show Bukkage Advisor

8. Personal Jesus Maurice Chavez, the asshole

First time seeing this Silver dude. Well, uh, at least he's got an interesting design.

9. Cero .

Wow i just noticed Silver, i never seen him before. but ive known this lol

Just for the record its the other way around...

Sonic came before DBZ =p

10. Donkey Show Bukkage Advisor

Wrong! The first Sonic the Hedgehog game came out 2 years after DBZ first aired in Japan (1989). Sonic came out in 1991. :amazed

Sonic the Hedgehog release date (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(16-bit))

Dragon Ball Z anime air date (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_ball_z)

11. Cero .

Well in america it was the other way around and when did this "Silver" appear? :oh

12. Personal Jesus Maurice Chavez, the asshole

His debut will apparently be in "Sonic Rivals", which is due in Q4 2006 in the US. Game looks interesting; shame that it's a PSP only release.

13. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_the_Hedgehog

14. Cero .

thanks so much, he looks really cool o.o xD

15. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

Um seriously everyone who is a sonic fans knows that there team loved DBZ ( expcially the creator) thats why in sonic 2/3 plus the rest you allways see super sonic etc .

16. Cero .

Yeah they look very "super saiyan" i knew it from the start =p

17. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Actually, Silvers first game chronologically if you will is Sonic the Hedgehog 360/PS3, which is then followed by Sonic Rivals seeing as Sonic 360/PS3 explains why he's in Sonic's time.

18. Xell ヽ(#`Д?)ノ

>_> So? Naruto was inspired by DBZ.. The fact that Naruto wears orange and has blonde spikey hair... Sasuke wears dark blue (Like Vegeta).. Masashi Kishimoto said to himself that it was inspired by DBZ..

Same with One Piece.. Infact DBZ inspires alot of stuff.. I wouldn't say it's ripping..

19. Lord10 One Piece sucks

u cant get any better proof then that:laugh too bad there arent anymore good sonic games:( now theyre coming up with crappy games like sonic riders

20. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

21. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Well, the 2D goings were and are still strong. I can guarentee 1/3 of this new Sonic game for the 360/PS3 will blow, because they are going to use prettier elements from Shadow the Hedgehog, effortlessly the worst Sonic game of all time. The fact they replaced toe boring Knuckles/Rouge moments with a psychic moment isn't going to help either.

22. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

I've played worse. Sonic Riders/Rivals both sucked more. Shadow had shitty controls and way to short. If they work on that and make it more adventure feel = good. This one so far looks good though since you play with 3 different people i'm afriad one will suck :cry

23. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

Riders was just a difficult game, F-Zero GX like hard. It was pretty fun once you mastered it, because it really did have a very interesting concept. I can not name one thing that has impressed me with this title. Hell, they fucking ruined EGGMAN for shits sake.

24. Seany Banned

Yeahh your right, a few ideas are similar to dbz. Hey i don't mind though :p

25. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

Eggman is shitty anyway. I can name of few things that got me wanting to play.
    Spoiler:

Of course this is my opinion but these make me want to play. :amuse

26. ZE E?E

Who doesn?t like? I?m tiered of reading people around here just criticising dragon ball this dragon ball that, just powerups, like there was something better, in Japan most of mangakas and videogame producers are inspired by dragon ball, and I don?t think they hate dragon ball as much as I see people hating here.

27. Personal Jesus Maurice Chavez, the asshole

That shot of Silver picking up the car with telekinesis reminds me of "Destroy All Humans." I loved that game.

28. Goofy Titan Oh oh oh

So, you don't care if they ruined their MAIN VILLIAN, but you care that it just looks pretty? >_>

29. Dark Shadow . : S i m p l i c i t y : .

I really hate how a lot of people critisize Dragon Ball. Fact is, most of us got into anime because of Dragon Ball Z. A lot of anime and manga tribute to Dragon Ball in some way or another, and this is just one of 'em.

And just for the record, Sonic also parodied the Death Star too..

30. 2Shea Touch?

Someone enlighten me on this, why was his name changed from Dr. Robotnik to Eggman? I mean I know he looks like an Egg, but I thought eggman was just a derrogitory thing sonic came up with, not an official name for him.

Anyway yeah, no big surprise there, almost all anime and manga somewhat take ideas from DB/DBZ, and ALL Shounen manga does (give or take like 1 or 2). Plus Sonic Team has admited it many a times.