1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

2. The latest NF Newsletter is out (July), read it here
  3. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

4. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Would Tsunade be able to handle a perfect Sage Mode?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Idiopodivny, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Idiopodivny Unorthodox Queen

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. 1Person Active Member

Mastery of chakra control and giant chakra reserves, yup she should be fine with sage mode

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Idiopodivny Unorthodox Queen

Thanks! I wish she really did have one. I wish all the Sannin had one. Just to make them even more legendary

4. 1Person Active Member

Well she does have a connection to the humid bone forest which is one of the 3 sage locations. Personally I think her forehead seal is a varient of sage mode kinda like oro's white snake power

5. professor83 Dancing in the Dark

Yes if she learns it under the great katsuyu sage if she exists.

6. Jad |#[Dead Man]#|

I don't think so. The three great Summons seemed to situate themselves in areas where Sage Mode can be learnt. Katsuya would have told Tsunade about it and she may gave tried and failed.

Frog Sage mode seems easiest to transform into. Than Snake mode. And the hardest may have been Slug mode.

I'm just making it all up. She has the requirements to try Sage training.

7. Arthas Anko's Lover

Orochimaru for example certainly has the chakra but he did not have the correct body type so it's possible that Tsunade is in the same boat.

That being said, I think it's more likely that she just never bothered learning and I am ok with that. In fact I would have a problem if she was seriously portrayed as Oro's and J-man's equal because that means they suck.

I keep saying this to people who believe Tsunade should be the equal of Orochimaru and Jiraiya but the simple fact is that she spent a decade or even more in a haze of alcohol and gambling.

If Tsunade is equal to Orochimaru and Jiraiya then that means they suck because they were both active ninjas during the same period who trained and researched but could not become stronger then a person who spent the same time drinking.

8. Cosmos Relentless

The only 2 Shinobi in the manga with perfect sage mode are Ashura's reincarnations (Naruto and Hashirama) :catdude

9. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Tbh Minato also seemed to have perfect sage mode.

At least when it comes to using it without showing any frog-traits like it happened with Jiraiya.

10. Cosmos Relentless

The man himself said he sucked at Senjutsu , and that he never used it in a battle .
    I wouldn't call that a perfect SM :geg

11. Arles Celes The Psychologist

He just needed more time time to enter it and supposedly couldn't stay for long in said form.

Though Naruto in Pain arc seemingly had perfect SM by then and still needed some "not moving" time to enter it. Even during the War he needed time as it happened when Hinata and Neji were dealing with Juubi's wooden spikes while he was entering SM. Also two uses(later in the War arc 3 I think) of FRS and it was over. SM isn't easy to keep for long it seems.

So Minato's SM was perfect BUT it was not as suited for battle as Hirashin at which Minato excelled. Minato's forte was speed so a jutsu that requires him to stand still is kinda against his style.

12. Cosmos Relentless

Naruto needing time to enter SM is irrelevant to the perfection of his SM , as the time needed to gather NE can be decreased , as we saw in the movie , or Gaiden he can enter it instantly as an adult .
    A perfect SM is a sage mode with no animal traits AND can be used effectively in a battle .Only 2 people in the manga that have SM with BOTH of these traits , Naruto and Hashirama , both are Ashura's reincarnations .
    Minato's SM is so crappy he doesn't even think about using it in a fight. Please don't compare his Senjutsu to Naruto's .

13. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Naruto during the Pain arc at least had to use the clone method by keeping clones to gather NE for him and giving it to him after going *poof*. Otherwise (at that point) he felt like SM was worthless since the drawback was too big.

Minato seemingly did not come up with a similar idea.

Besides why would he bother using it in a fight when he got Hirashin that he was the best at?

Though if you mean PERFECT SM by it not only lacking any frog traits BUT also entering said mode right away then yeah, only Hashi and Naruto post BSM are perfect users.

14. Cosmos Relentless

How the hell does this makes his SM worthless ? :catblink
    SM has a time limits , all SM users does , why does Naruto needing to recharge his SM makes his SM any less than perfect ? makes no sense . Please read Fukasku's explanation about SM , the Senjutsu chakra molded in the body is limited in quantity and when used up , you need to mold more , that doesn't mean SM is not perfect , it's just one of SM properties .
    We are dicussing this , when the manga flat out told us the guy mastered his SM perfectly and surpassed Jiraiya and Minato in senjutsu ?
    I dunno , why did he bothered learning it in the 1st place then ?
    The manga disagree with you tho ......

15. Hussain .

The time that X character can stay using SM or not is irrelevant to it being perfect. Perfect SM means there are no animal traits that appears to the user as @Arles Celes explained.

Minato has a perfect SM, but he can't stay using it for long. As for entering the mode, I honestly don't understand where Kishi was going with "I need too much time to enter it" sounds rubbish to me. Minato was probably the fastest one to enter SM. :catdude

Example:
    http://www.[Blocked Domain]/naruto/665/13
    Minato used it instantly in this page (keep in mind he just threw the Kunai the panel before, so he just gathered the EC that second)

Meanwhile, Hashirama took more time to prepare for SM
    http://www.[Blocked Domain]/naruto/621/10
    http://www.[Blocked Domain]/naruto/621/11
    http://www.[Blocked Domain]/naruto/621/12

Even Naruto during the war arc against Obito
    http://www.[Blocked Domain]/naruto/642/11
    http://www.[Blocked Domain]/naruto/642/13
    http://www.[Blocked Domain]/naruto/642/14

So, don't know what Kishi was thinking with that statement. :mlpshrug

As for his statement "not using it" is a mistranslation, he said he "rarely" used it.

----

As for the topic. Tsunade according to the Databook has less chakra than Jiraiya and Naruto, so I don't think she can use Sage mode.

16. Cosmos Relentless

I wouldn't exactly call a SM that can not be used in a battle " perfect " , that's the whole point of SM , if it's useless in a battle , then it's not perfect , simple as that .
    I mean , Minato himself says he sucked in Senjutsu :zen
    And then there's the fact Fukasku explained how Naruto surpassed Jiraiya and Mianto in terms of SM , clearly implys Minato's SM wasn't perfect .

17. Hussain .

Again, the "jutsu" itself IS perfect. His usage of it however, is not.

For example, let's say we have
    1- Jiraiya (using the frogs on his shoulders)
    2- Minato (Using the frogs on his shoulders)

Are their SM the same, or different? :hm

Yes, Naruto surpassed both of them because of different reason
    Naruto is better than Jiraiya because he does not have any frogs features
    He is better than Minato because he can stay longer.

Anyway, I guess we will agree to disagree. :catwalk
    Don't really care about the subject either way, and it's not important either way either. :catdude

18. Lucaniel non serviam

tsunade couldnt handle a hot potato let alone perfect sage mode

19. Karyu Endan Smilies = Not serious

I mean, if Tsunade could enter a perfect Sage Mode, that would place her a clear tier above Jiraiya and Orochimaru, who both attempted it and failed. And portrayal treats them more or less equally.

20. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

Does Tsunade even have imperfect sage mode, though? Or did her seal count as SM? :catthinks

21. Platypus Moderator

Nah. She stores her own chakra (spiritual + physical energies).

For it to be anything like SM (perfect or not) she'd need to be able to absorb/sense natural energy (& balance those energies) as well.

22. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

Which she didn't, iirc. So... why is there a thread about perfect sage mode when she didn't even show an imperfect version? :catskully

Minato lacked the reserves to make it last. Jiraiya needed to fuse with Pa and Ma toad. And Naruto needed to be a jinchuriki to have the necessary chakra reserves. The exception would be a beast like Hashirama. I wonder why people would think that Tsunade would belong in this line. She's strong, but not that strong.

23. Seelentau The All-Knowing

There's no perfect Sage Mode, just saying.

24. Cosmos Relentless

25. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

Tsunade can do anything she dreams of like everyone else, if the plot calls for it :catflowa

26. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

I theorised years ago that Byakugou was a failed attempt at replicating Hashirama's Sage Mode, which gave Tsunade some of its most notable traits: facial markings, instant regeneration and higher chakra reserves. It also appears to be based off of the appearance of Mito's forehead marking. This suggests that Tsunade either failed at perfecting Sage Mode, or never tried to learn it, and instead made a pseudo-Sage Mode replication using her knowledge of seals and medical ninjutsu, and based it off of the abilities of her grandparents.

The only thing I can think of for as to why Tsunade could't harness Sage Mode is because her natural chakra levels weren't high enough. Its true that Byakugou pumps massive amounts of chakra into her body, but according to the databook her base Stamina is a 4/5, rather than a 5. However, she had the right body for Sage Mode, and its not like 4/5 in raw stamina is a low score either. If Slug Sage Mode did exist, then Tsunade should have been able to get at least as far with it as Jiraiya did.

27. Idiopodivny Unorthodox Queen

Maybe she just didn't take the time to learn it since she was so focused on saving chakra in her seal in case she has to heal people idk

28. Rai 노블레스

Byakugō is her "Sage Mode"

Orochimaru's Yamata is probably a imperfect SM

Jiraiya's SM is imperfect too.

They have been surpassed by their students.

She probably won't be able to handle Perfect Sage Mode.

29. Seelentau The All-Knowing

...no imperfect or perfect sage mode... ._.

30. ChosenOne1DO Banned