1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Why Madara chose Obito

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Deshi Basara, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Deshi Basara OUT FOR A FEW WEEKS, SEE YA

He needed some easy to manipulate Uchiha which nobody was gonna go look for and ask questions.Someone who was gonna continue his work after his demise.

Pretty simple.

2. Sybilah On the Road to Know Where

Ok but... Why on earth would nice (willing to give Kakashi his eye) Obito agree with following Madara's evil plan? Was Obito manipulated?

And btw, imo just "Obey me and I'll save your life Kiddo" is not enough for nice Obito that seemed to want to be Hokage.

So... in resume.... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!

sorry, just can't wait for the explanation, it better be good :)

3. boohead Active Member

His life just got rape-stomped because of a pointless war. Madara indoctrinating him with plans of world-peace wouldn't be too hard.

Taliban do it every day in Afghanistan, heck there is a documentary about some expert recruiter that takes 30minutes to turn a normal/nice kid into a suicide bomber.

4. Last Rose of Summer Active Member

Madara (?)/Zetsu (?) got Obito by luck and chance: you usually don't have dead Uchihas lying around under rocks. And Obito may have been the only one in convenient situation i.e. regarded as dead, with his dead status confirmed by no other than Fourth Hokage (candidate).

5. Sybilah On the Road to Know Where

I agree. I'm much more inclined to think that "Tobi" is made of pieces of Obito's dead body, his eye, Zetsu goo and the metal parts. So... who is he really? who is inside that rebuilt body?

Anyway, as I have never been a Tobito fan, I may just be in denial :urahaha
    And... This "dark Obito" would want to shove his power and identity into Kakashi's face, but he didn't want his mask removed.

BUT... he said those bitter comments about "Kakashi being the hero", and that's definitely something "dark Obito" would do. Unless.. he's just trying to get into Kakashi's mind to undermine his superb performance on battle so far. The Copy Nin (teaming with awesome Naruto and impressive Gai) is indeed dangerous

Imo it's not comparable.

• Obito was 100% loyal to Konoha, he wasn't even like the "average" Uchiha so to speak.
    • He gave his eye "HAPPILY" to Kakashi so he could have something from him to be remembered and to be a better shinobi with it (a better Konoha shinobi).
    • And that panel with him grinning and the Hokage Wall behind him says to me that he wanted his face carved there too someday.

Damn... Too many questions :nuts

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  6. DoflaMihawk Blind Bandit

We shouldn't force the timeline to make sense anymore. Too late for that.

7. Blazing CobaltX Yuri Trainer on Fire

So Obito is the bad guy and therefore Madara is the true mastermind? I like that. I like that a lot. :gar

8. Lelouch71 Zero

Obito was at the right place, at the right time for Madara. Zetsu probably saved Obito and Madara brainwashed him. Thus Tobi was born.

9. Sybilah On the Road to Know Where

I really love the idea of Madara mastermind behind it all, and I really hope that even if that body has parts of Obito is not really Obito inside. (What's with his "I'm nobody" statements?)

If indeed is 100% Obito outside and inside, he better be brainwashed with a power as strong as kotoamatsukami.

10. Axl Low GB's Guilty Gear

FUCK!
    I just read that like the Powerpuff Girls intro. :arg