1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Why isn't and when WILL Naruto become a chuunin?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Kurugari_Shadou, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Kurugari_Shadou Pervert King

why the hell isn't naruto a chuunin yet?

is he just gonna stay a genin forever? what the hell!

like, discuss, i guess. Got any good reasons?

:huh

2. Topher Renegade

because he wasnt in konoha for 2.5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dam some people in this forum................................:notrust

3. Spiral &#803

he isnt a chuunin because he left konoha to train for 2.5 years. upon return everyone else besides, sasuke and naruto of course, were at least chuunin level. and then he had no time considering he needed to find sasuke and deal with akatsuki

mind you... you can go from genin to hokage. so it is possible to move up once they deem his worthy.

4. dyrinn45 Member

he hasnt taken the chuunin exam...i would expect a short time skip again after this arc(6 months-1 year) and then he is a jounin...he has learned a lot in 3 years, especially tactically. so he is jounin level.

5. Hobbes Member

Rank is so meaningless in Naruto.

6. Tachikoma Kikyo's King

End of thread.

7. Ryuuken + BANKAI! pwnage

who really cares if he becomes a chuunin right now he is already well above chuunin level and so are some the other chuunin in the naruto story

8. Kuroro Skill Hunter

Naruto hasn't become a chuunin for the simple fact he hasn't had a chance to retake the exams. The next time he retakes the test, if he ever does that is, his odds of becoming one are quite decent. By the time the three-year deadline approaches, which should only be about another three-four months at best, the Chuunin Exams and possibly Naruto's chance to retake them will become availible.

9. Sphyer ~

There are 2 ways to classify rank

Rank classification numero uno: The rank a shinobi village gives you depending on you abilities/intelegence/leadership skills. These are mearly titles that dont really show the power of an individual some times. For example by village standereds Sasuke is still a genin however he is really jounin level right now. In the end offical ranks in villages are earned for certain qulities and not really so much about being godly strong.

Rank Classification numero dos: Basicly the way to judge powerlevels in Naruto such as saying Naruto is jounin level or that Jiraiya is Kage level. In other words its another way of saying "Its over 9000!!!!!:nuts"

Naruto is strong but he doesnt seem to be so smart and calm to be a good leader in a group and it takes more than being the strongest to become a Hokage let alone chuunin. Naruto's fighting skills are jounin level but in terms of his leading skills I dont think there really chuunin level so much.

10. Wrath Mourning

Naruto will never be a Chuunin. If he were given the title now, it would be like saying "Oh yeah, you're only a Chuunin".

And the window for him becoming a Jounin may well have gone by now for much the same reason. When you're stronger than your village's strongest Jounin, do you really need the rank?

11. angel333 Member

Like a few people mentioned before, rank means nothing hell you have genin who can take out chunin and even Jounin. Though it would be nice to see him be given a higher rank then he is, we will have to see if it happens.

12. Kurugari_Shadou Pervert King

even though rank means nothing apparently, it would still be nice for naruto to become a chuunin. when other people below him start to surpass him he'll look pretty lame. kishi should definately make naruto chuunin+ soon.

13. Solid Snake Friendship is Solid

2 Reasons:
    1.) He'll jump from Genin to Hokage.
    2.) He'll stay a Genin until he dies.

14. Homura Puella Magi

Yeah that's true, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Naruto. If he ever wants to be Hokage, then he has no choice but to ascend up the ranks. You could tell at some points that Naruto was jealous at his friends (especially Gaara) who gone up a rank or two. It rank may not mean much as it's just merely a title, but for Naruto it's a mark to which proves to everyone that he can be one of the strongest shinobis ever as well as the potential to be the greatest Hokage ever.

15. Fruits Basket Fan Active Member

Sasuke is not a chuunin either because he left Konoha....

Both Naruto and Sasuke have matters to be involved with and their abilities are clearly above chuunin level...

16. Cam RocknRolla

I personally would like him to stay a gennin it would be cool if he was the first gennin to be promoted to Hokage.

17. Sarun ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ loodɹǝʌıl

Kishi needs another chuunin arc if he promotes Naruto unless there was a time-skip in which he becomes a chuunin!
    Kishi wouldn't put another chuunin arc unless he has a new type in my opinion!
    Another time skip is the most probable choice!

18. <insertnamehere> Active Member

considering the situation konoha is in right now, i don't think naruto has the time to be participating in a chuunin exam.

19. Sub-Zero GB's Lin Kuei Master

1. Time he was away from Konoha training with Jiraiya.

2. He will most likely but forgo the rank of Chunin and go straight to Jonin.

20. Sphyer ~

With Akatsuki after Naruto he doesnt have time to take Chuunin exams :pek.

21. Roy Mustang Banned

when he gets some free time, thats when

22. Nuzents The Magnus

Tsunade already recommended him for Hokage after he mutures. Given that he only needs to mature, I think that says how powerful he is and where he would be right now if he wasn't so hotheaded...

i say from genin to hokage unless there is a part 3, then he might have a genin team before he becomes hokage

rank is pointless, but i would like it if he had a higher rank.

23. Kurugari_Shadou Pervert King

karin i agree with you so much. Naruto definately wants to be a higher rank.

He doesn't care if he is considered to be above gennin level by people non-existant in his story (i.e. us, the people reading naruto), he just wants people to know that he rocks and he can prove it with his talent AND his rank

24. King Scoop Active Member

Chuunin rank at this point is an insult. He might go from Genin to Hokage, but more than likely Tsunade will give him a field promotion to Jounin.

25. ownageprince Immortal

Its funny how the two strongest from the Rookie 9 are still Genins..but are like Elite Jounin level..

26. Mikaveli Head is the answer

I think thats the irony in the manga. He will be seen as the strongest yet weakest (in rank) . He will become hokage one day and never get past the genin rank. I think it will be like that just to piss alot of people off. And who is gonna argue, he'll go 4-tails and pwn there asses lol.:laugh

27. Klue 輪廻

You say this although he hasn't mentioned it since returning from his two year journey. Nor is it even important to the story. The rank is meaningless as it stands right now. Naruto is already stronger than Konoha's top Jounin. What the hell does he need a Chuunin rank for? LoL

28. Mikaveli Head is the answer

I agree, this ended the thread

29. ayoz Next Phenomenon

Since when does ranking meant anything in the Naruto world? Nagato (a little kid) owned a Chuunin for god sakes. I don't care what kind of bloodline he has. That is crazy. A kid that knows no jutsus at all.

30. Gentle Fist B-Rock's Homeboy

31. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

That reminds in the first episode where Naruto defeated Mizuki, who was a chuunin and Naruto was hardly an genin. And remember what Naruto said in the first chuunin exams? Even though Naruto will stay a genin, he will become Hokage no matter what. Just because he is still a genin doesn't mean he is below his friends.

32. Homura Puella Magi

We're all well aware that ranks are nothing but titles that doesn't measure your strength, but to Naruto it's something different. To Naruto it's like a mark of achievement which puts him one step close to becoming Hokage. Even though it's kind of obvious Naruto will eventually become Hokage, but I'm still skeptical that the village elders will automatically promote him from Genin to Hokage.

33. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

why dont people get it? naruto is a genin to prove that losers can be heroes obviously

34. Austalc Member

For everyone that asks why we should care if Naruto becomes chuunin or not there is a simple answer. It would just be nice see Naruto get some respect and rank before the Manga ends. If Naruto is always gonna be a looser and 2nd rate until maybe the last arc than I would just like to know now so I can stop wasting my time.

35. Hunted by sister d(ಠ_ರೃ)b

Naruto lacks barins.
    No brains = no higher rank than Genin

//HbS

36. cloudsymph I am MELON-LORRRRD!!!!!

he was gone for 2.5 years.

and i don't want to see him jump to hokage. >_> also at best he is a chuunin nothing more

37. Kira U. Masaki Crown Prince of Jurai, ABH

i dont like the idea of him being a genin till he becomes hokage, he should move to jounin now, and then from there go to hokage
    staying genin proves nothing

38. Rinnegan Ore wa omaera no kami dayo

You don't need to take the chuunin exam to become a chuunin. It can also be appointed. I wouldn't really see the point of a jounin-level shinobi like Naruto taking the chuunin exam. As I said elsewhere, he could just create a couple of kage bunshins, kill all of the Konohamarus taking the exam while the real Naruto treated Sakura to ramen.

He could be appointed chuunin or even jounin. It would be nice to see Naruto wearing a Konoha vest

39. WarthOfEmbers Demon Cat Collector

As much as I agree with all the " rank is pointless" notes, I think there is a clear reason why Naruto isn't above a Gennin.

That simple fact is because Sasuke isn't. When Naruto and Sasuke have their final confrontation ( even if it's not a battle), they will have to be on equal ground. Kishi made them rivals, and as such, rivals can only keep being rivals if there is no clear defining line between them.

40. Rinnegan Ore wa omaera no kami dayo

As far as I know, Sasuke's rank isn't even genin. He's a nukenin, even if at the end he's accepted back in the village

41. DethStryque *Murderous Intent*

who cares....he is stronger than most jounin's so it doesnt really matter he can become one at any time.....

42. uzum4k1 n4rut0 Get some jolts into ya

Genin beats hokage

Ohh my gosh

Lol

43. kalyug Member

Naruto's never going to formally rise above Genin rank. Kishi put it in as a self-prophecy during part 1 of the Chunin exam, when Naruto declares that he would become Hokage even if he was Genin all his life. The formal rank in Naruto is pretty meaningless cause he's above almost all the other Konoha 11 chunins right now anyway. The class is more important, as in D-class, A-class, S-class, etc.

44. Mawashi Geri Insensitive

If every generation surpasses the last, wouldn't Naruto be pwned in the next Chunnin exams? :rofl not to be taken serious...

45. shahrooz Member

hes way above that level already it would be some whack filler if they made him go through the exams again

46. Jinchuriki-san Jinchuuriki

Does it really matter?
    Hes on par with Kakashi's ass now. Power >>> Rank

47. sannin1993 sannin 195

o actually think naruto has grown so much that he does have enogh tactition to be on the chunnin level

48. Naruto PORTUGAL CARALHO Super Moderator

49. C-Moon It has its own gravity

Rank=shit now.

50. Rod Doesn't want a Custom Title

Gawd...holy rezz huh :argh

/thread

He'll go direct to Hokage, only because his story will sound more badass like that U_u

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008