1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Why are fillers bad?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by SasukeUchiha19, Jan 2, 2007.

Do you like the fillers?

1. Hell No!

55.8%
  2. Yes!

7.0%
  3. Love some, Hate some

37.2%
  1. SasukeUchiha19 Hurricane Tracker

I have been wondering why people don't like fillers that much. I think the fillers are great. They actually show the other characters more, because in the manga, Gamatatsu has only appeared once and Gamikichi twice, while they have had more appearances in the series than Kabuto's teammates. It showed the return of Mizuki who was only showed once in the manga and it revealed some new countries and two new villages (Kemurigakure, Kagerougakure ) and showed some humorous episodes. In fact, I can't wait till I can finally can see them in America, even though that will be about another year or so before that happens.

2. L help me help myself!

becuase its not there story and they dont know what to do with it. if they do anything important then it might controdict what the writer whould write later on....well thats my point of view....its not that bad for me, its just that am waiting for somthing better.

3. Haruko in retrograde

This is a joke right? Right? Seriously?
    They're dreadful. It is made up. None of it happened in the manga, therefore it can't show any character development. The Mizuki arc was laughable to say the least. Tiger Biker Mizuki.
    This has to be a joke.

4. Marguerite Perrin Banned

Mizuki Tiger.... thats my answer :mad

5. OMGicantbelieveit >=D

I think they all SUCK. The plots are so pointless it's mind-raping.

EDIT:
    Lol, I agree with you Methwolf. That was the WORST!

6. Kyon .

The fillers are bad because they're terribly written and have shitty animation.

7. Azurite U N I C O R N

Because fillers arent the original work. They fill in so the manga can go ahead of the Anime, since the anime is really catching up to the manga.

8. Micah Banned

Some are bad, some are good. Fillers are a necessary evil. An anime episode covers 2 sometimes 3 chapters of the manga. The anime can quickly catch up and surpass the manga, and once that happens we have to wait what 3-4 weeks for an episode? 2-3 weeks for the chapters to come out, then an extra week for them to do the episode. I would honestly rather watch fillers for a period of time than wait nearly a month for every new episode.

Fillers are there for a reason, just take the bad with the good.

9. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

They are horrible because they rape the characters as well as have things that make no freaking sense. Naruto spams the rasengan and they are loaded with Naruhina moments that brainwash noobs.

These are the things that I have heard people complain about and if
    I remeber correctly there are tons of other thhings that suck about them. Thank god I have never watched them. I don't know how anyone is able to watch more than three episodes if they are so crappy.

10. OrangeCo New Member

Fillers are necessary. But these filler episodes are airing for too long, they're getting annoying >.<

Not to mention the bad plotline they have...

11. Haruko in retrograde

I would honestly rather eat gruel for 6 months and clean horse shit than watch another filler. Possibly.

12. Grumman The Critic

I'm fine with filler episodes. I am not fine with filler episodes which ignore any concept of good character design, plot or humour. I can't understand what possessed someone, upon reading about the Mizuki the Tiger concept and looking at the concept drawings, to not send them back to the team saying "This is an abomination against good TV, come up with something which doesn't suck."

Apparently in Japan there is no word for "Quality Control."

13. narutofangd Banned

IF they were 1/2 as good as other anime fillers they would be acceptable but sadly they're not, apart from the crap that has already been mentioned what i hate is half the stuff contradicts the creator for example ice jutsu who can and cannot use them.

14. Haruko in retrograde

One of my personal favorites is when Neji uses Kaiten to Protect Naruto and Tenten inside it.

15. WARpanda2007 Desert Panda

I love some and then I hate some. They are just a necessary part of the anime/manga relationship. Theres no going around it or through it. Get over it. Watch if you want to, or not. Its your preference.

16. Rori -

I don't think it's just down to the fact they're not canon. There are some series' with good fillers.

But Naruto's are just absoloutely dreadful. Each arc ends with Naruto rasengan-ing the bad guy. Not to mention the overuse of the most useless characters. (don't think I have to explain myself there, kthx)

Filler OC's, as I call em'. People like menma, don't like them, I'd rather stick with the original manga characters.

Oh, and lack of Sasuke, too. For me.

17. Fonster Mox Khe Tyūbi

No character development
    no consistent story
    no new characters to care about
    terrible art and animation quality
    cheapening and overuse of kagebunshin and rasengan
    stupid storylines
    wanting the manga story but never getting it
    lack of Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi screentime
    ruining characters
    plot holes and stupidities (Neji can't defeat flying rocks, Sasuke's grandmother rises from the dead to appear in a filler arc)

I could go on but it's 4.40am and I think I made my point.

18. Cirus Banned

I don't hate the fillers. It is how I would say:
    Have a strong dislike, with an intent to harm them.
    Other then that I have no problem with them. Sometimes they are funny, while others are like a vaccum cleaner with two speeds: Suck and Slap my self for even watching them. Over all I will still watch them because even though they do not relate to the manga story it helps give character development on some of the not so important characters that are in the show and manga.

19. Amaru has the big tits

I liked some, I hate the rest. My personal favorite was the Lolin Shino. Because really, how often are we going to get that?

If only we got something like the Bleach filler. Bleach filler was the shit and no one deny it. Bleach filler had a plot and Quincy-Lovin, what more could a fan ask for?

Oh well. A few more weeks and it will all be over, and we'll start being pissy about something else. *sighs contently* Fans are so hard to please.

20. zero0one1 New Member

I haven't watched a single filler since they started, what almost two years ago? I watched a half of the first filler and saw how bad it was, then saw how heavily panned its been by everyone so I just said I'd wait for the real anime to kick back in. After all, all you really need is the manga.

It should be nice to start downloading the anime every week again, its been such a long time.

21. Tsuuga Haunghted.

There were just too many at one time. How long has it been, over a year and a half? That's ridiculous.

Plus, most of them were of a terrible quality. Even promising arcs fizzled out and died.

22. King_Jaye Member

Seriously, dude. You must be insane to enjoy a filler.

Watch episodes 130-135, then, watch all the fillers and compair.

If you think all the fillers are even minisculy equal, I will hunt you for eternity.

23. Kyon .

King_Jaye has clearly never seen:

The Gennou arc
    Yakumo arc (fuck everyone, it was alright)
    Laughing Shino
    Survival Test ep (Really, though, only the parts WITHOUT Naruto)
    The first filler arc (can't remember)

24. Haruko in retrograde

I am disappointed that you are defending the monstrosities.

25. Kyon .

Those were the ones I could stand.

Those ones couldn't balance out the amount of shit that we were forced to sit through during fillers, seeing as the only good ones were at the beginning and towards the end, with one exception in the middle that really was only good with the NOT-Naruto parts, so I still think fillers suck.

26. Kon Limitless.

Because it is not part of the real story, therefore pointless.

27. Haruko in retrograde

I would ot mind (too much) if they were any good but...

28. TylerPie Member

who`s the nerd who picked yes?

29. pedobearr RAWR

It makes the story boring. And are you serious on this one? Fillers are just filling up the stories to make it to 400+ episode something.

30. Mojim Gin-ism

They're just piece of crap!
    Just to fill the gap between the anime and manga.I blame on the animators,they weren't serious doing it,heck...they even can't think or making a decent filler,at least!.

31. pedobearr RAWR

Your right aziM. Since fillers are just things filling up Naruto. Why don't they at least make nice ones? I was just wonderin.

32. Charlie

It's the fact that fillers are just extras that's why they really wouldn't take those seriously. And Kishi is not the one making the fillers, so obviously those would suck. But at the same time, they made me not watch Naruto at least for a while so I was able to get a life~

33. Haruko in retrograde

The new people who appear look nothing like Naruto characters. The plots make no sense.

34. Jiraya_Ero_Senjin Strawberry's

Fillers are bad because they fill up the original storyline !
    Timewinning fillers are bad................

35. Aya LOJIK.?

hahahaha XD because they suck. Except episode 101 :love

36. F.Beckenbauer Banned

simple "short" answer
    couse they are

long answer open at your own risk
    Spoiler:
    Couse the anime team is waiting for the manga to go ahead so they will have a long story couse 1 anime=5 mangas or more so they added something totally outh of the original story

joke answer
    Spoiler:
    couse the team was on drugs and drugs are bad mmm'kay

another joke answer
    Spoiler:
    Couse the fact that sasuke wanted to be gay with oro shocked the anime team so deaplly they wantet to annoy the naruto fans

37. littlegal100 Member

Fillers are really dreadfull it was like watching another anime and it sucked! I think i only could stand at least 3 filler arcs and thats it!

38. Nihonjin Shropshire Slasher!

Only suicidal people who want a slow and painfull death like these fillers....

39. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

40. Seany Banned

The villians suck.
    the arcs suck.
    the good guys are weak.
    fillers are just garbage.

41. reddik NF's Dragon Girl

The overusage of Rasengan is a dead giveaway.

42. Suikka Captain GARlock

The plot, character personalities and animation are all f*cked up.. who could love them?

There's only about 2 filler arcs I actually like, but that's it.

43. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki アルかわいい

It's because i want to see part 2 action. I don't care about this irrelevant shit. I want to see part 2. None of the filler gets us anywhere, it's like the first arc of Naruto except worse.

44. PIB-Chaotic Bringer of Infinite Justice

You make me cry hurt, now I make you cry hurt bad!

HULK SMASH!

RAWR

CURSE, CUUUUUUURSE.

Away with you. -.-

45. Haruko in retrograde

There are so many reasons this thread will go on forever

46. Nice Gai Black Kamina

Unfortunately Gai is the only thing that can save the fillers. They spammed him and Team Gai in the fillers.

47. naruto-x demon Shadowy Figure

fillers suck because they rape the storyline and waste every second of my time and my life, and beside they have no useage or perpose in the timeskip,also.....mizuki tiger, end.

this is what i would do to the person who thought of them= :abduct , then :laserbeam

48. zarien Member

Yeah it's not that they are filler that makes me dislike them (I didn't even realize the first filler arc was filler) It's that they are really really bad.

I mean I've honestly never understood why people hated filler so much in other series I've watched. In several I've thought the fillers were some of the best episodes! But these are an atrocity

49. PhantomPunk Mmhmm

love some, hate most.

50. CosmicDebris Awaken Gentle Mass Touch

I don't think the question should be "why are fillers bad?", but rather, "why are there bad fillers?"