1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

2. The latest NF Newsletter is out (July), read it here
  3. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

4. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Who is Blast? [Blast Speculation Thread]

Discussion in 'One-Punch Man' started by Cordelia, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Brian           

interesting video on the matter

2. XImpossibruX the absolute madman

3. MasterBeast Out Of My Mind.

Brain... Brian* Your avi is freaking me out dude!!!!

4. Superman LvL 30

Blast is Saitama. That hair he lost came back together and regenerated into another saitama.

5. Raidoton Active Member

6. Superman LvL 30

7. Freechoice Freechoice

I'd be all for the Blast is Mob theory but ONE stated Tatsumaki > Mob iirc

8. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

Tats vs ??? Mob is unanswered

9. Freechoice Freechoice

10. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

Blast is actually that kid from Makai no Ossan :maybe

11. XImpossibruX the absolute madman

12. Brian           

serious Mob could be 70% or higher, I believe anything beyond 100% would make him stronger

13. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

Normal Mob is 100% imo, he can control his mental state with it. Serious would be ??? since the form always appears when there's a crisis like that 1 page appearance when psycho dad went 100% nuclear bomb.

14. PrazzyP HxH is life

Well if you read the webcomic, you will now know that Saitama isnt blast :maybe

15. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

Its Mirai Saitama :cat.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Yeah, the timelines would be screwy. I'm not gonna guess if Blast is a relative or a future version or just some random guy with no knowledge or Saitama, but I've got a couple of crackpot ideas on what this guy is like.

1. His training was similar to Saitama's, just as many sit-ups, marathons etc. That made him crazy strong compared to the other S-Ranks. But unlike Saitama he used the air conditioning or skipped meals sometimes so he cant' challenge Saitama, its also why training didn't destroy his hair. I think the end of Boros vs. Saitama was meant to prove that nobody would every truly challenge Saitama in power but this guy will be closer.

2. His personality is also a parallel to Saitama. Just like Boros was a reflection of Saitama's desire for a worthy opponent, Hammerhead was a parallel to Saitama's laziness when it comes to work etc. Blast will reflect Saitama too. Saitama wants to be loved as a hero but can't seem to get the respect he deserved. So maybe Blast hates the attention and hides away from others but gets credit anyway. Or maybe while Saitama is depressed because he's too strong to be hurt, Blast is depressed because he's too strong so accidentally he hurts others. He'll definitely be some kind of counterpart to Saitama like Boros.

17. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

What if when Saitama is doing a serious sprint, he runs so fast he accidentally time travels, ends up being Blast, then got back to the future after a short while. His short convo with Tats sounds like he knows what would happen in the future.

18. Tayimus Number One

Blast has hair, Saitama doesn't. Do you mean that Saitama grows hair at some point? Or maybe that the hair is a wig?

19. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

Hmm fair point, I guess he could grow hair at some point. It's not enough of a contradiction / inconsistency to completely debunk this theory imo

20. Tayimus Number One

No, definitely not enough by itself. I was pointing out something small that when added to others might lead to the theory being unraveled. Like Blast having an actual job when Saitama has long since given up on getting one, choosing instead to follow his dream.

21. Grimm

That's not the point... Why you even went with the hair?

The age pretty much makes it impossible for Blast to be Saitama. Blast in Tatsumaki's flashback looks like an adult while Tatsumaki is a kid... And Tatsumaki is older than Saitama.

Those "time-travel" theories are such horseshit... I'm astonished at how some people actually like this type of thing or want it to happen.

22. Tayimus Number One

I went with the hair cause it was a simple hole in the theory. Also, instead of saying a theory is horseshit, explain why it's horseshit. As it is, you didn't address @Kevintju's comment. While correct, you might as well not have posted for all the direction it has.

23. Tiller Member

That would be the Master Roshi/Jackie Chun route. If he's older Saitama it may prove why he rose faster, knowing the questions to the test early and all.

It doesn't have anything to do with liking it. This is a superhero story. Time travel is bound to happen eventually even if it's just a one off thing. Time travel, more then one dimension, someone coming back from the dead. I'm sure it will all happen eventually.

24. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

How does that prove these time travel theories are horseshit? Saitama could time travel when he's already a fair bit older than the current Saitama, with hair and all. Then he could travel to a time when Tats is still a kid, so why can't it work?

25. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

i watched the anime again and i cant recall this thing that i saw that made me think that we've already seen Blast before. i had to watch all the episodes again, i forgot which episode was that one. i think there was already a God level threat before Saitama became a hero and Blast conquered it.

If you look back at Mob Psycho, all that stuff looked like God level to me. What if Mob is actually Blast in this story line?? :argh

Blast is a psychic or an esper just like Mob and Tatsumaki. Blast knows about Tatsumaki's hidden power when he rescued her. That wont be possible unless he can read Tatsumaki's mind right? So Blast is indeed an esper.