1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Attention!
    Have some bad ideas? This is your chance!
    Send them to Xiammes! Maybe a winner will receive something. I don't know. Don't quote me on that.

Whitebeard vs Garp

Discussion in 'One Piece Battledome' started by Muah, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

Old WB vs Garp

Prime WB vs Prime Garp

2. Monstar6 Well-Known Member

3. GucciBandana Kumogakure black girl

Wb is portrayed to be stronger than garp by a fair margin during mf, however top tier fights usually end up being extreme diff anyways like akainu vs aokiji.

4. Gyro Go! Go! Zeppeli Moderator

What Monstar said

Unless Whitebeard has a heart attack mid fight, in which case Garp might win

5. Luke &#32

Very high/borderline extreme difficulty win for Whitebeard in both.

I think Garp was the second strongest at Marineford, and in his prime should've been able to push Whitebeard more than anyone except for Roger.

6. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

I think prime Garp was stronger. Idk how his fight with prime roger went but regardless he almost killed him more than once. Just speculation but I think Garp got weaker over the years than WB did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Juvia. Meow.

We have no idea when Garp and Roger fought. However it is stated in manga that WB was the only man who could match PIRATE KING Roger. Aka, during one of their duels Roger was already the Pirate King and still WB fought evenly with him. :zaru

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

Bullshit. It never stated they fought when he was PK. He died shortly after being PK and his only interaction was a freindly drink. They never said he fought Roger at all.

9. Juvia. Meow.

If it was just when Roger was just well... Roger... It would not have been said that WB was the ONLY man to have matched him. Considering Garp apparently did it many times in the past. :zaru

There is your main clue. :zaru

Aka. Garp never fought PK Roger, but WB did.

10. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

No he didnt. WB sat before the throne just like Akainu said.

11. Juvia. Meow.

What? :facepalm What the hell does that have to do with WB fighting Roger... and what would Akainu who was just a small little puppy at the time know anything about their rivalry. :facepalm

It's a well known fact that WB was a match the the PK. WHEN he was the PK. :facepalm Just as i said in the other thread. ANYONE with half a brain already knows this as fact.

But who am i kidding, you're well known as a troll poster, you likely don't believe the shit that's coming out of your own mouth.

12. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

The proof of burden is on you, just spitting shit out of your ass mouth isnt furthering the debate. WB matched roger. Never did they say he was as strong as roger, especially since he had 13 ships and thousands more crewmates.

Buggy in the same breath said WB was the closest to finding One piece. Not even knowing he already knew where it was. Im sure its even different in a better translation.

13. Gyro Go! Go! Zeppeli Moderator

Let's cool down now, shall we?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. barreltheif Well-Known Member

Buggy said that WB was the only person to fight evenly with the pirate king. This doesn't mean that Roger was the pirate king at the time they fought. Buggy also said they fought shortly after entering the grand line after all. And I highly doubt that they ever fought after Roger became the pirate king, given that they seemed to be friends, not rivals, at that point. And why would they be rivals when Roger has already reached his goal?

On the other hand, it's heavily implied that WB was Roger's equal. And there's no reason at all to place one over the other. I'm guessing that they fought when they were at their peak.

15. Juvia. Meow.

The burden of proof belongs to the first person to make a claim that is not known and is purely opinionated. That person was you, not me. :zaru Why? Because get this, you're not right until someone proves you wrong. :lmao

The proof and facts that we know is that WB was the person that was considered = to Roger, NOT Garp. In fact the entire reason WB was called the worlds strongest man to begin with was because he fought equally with Roger the Pirate King. So your claim that Garp is stronger than WB is ludicrous. :lmao And that Garp lost more strength in age than WB did when WB was literally on the medical juice even more so.

WB Gained the title of WSM when both he and Garp were in their prime. The day Roger died. So for you to make such a claim that the title is false and that Garp was actually the WSM at the time, no... the burden of proof is on you... not me.

Take this piece of education and use it wisely. It may come in handy in future debates. :zaru

16. Kyouko redrum

please enlighten these ningens on how ferocious Garp and His irresistable fist of love is

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

I already proved you wrong. Your taking a statement before Garp was introduced and taking it out of context everything else you said I proved wrong. in your last post you spit more non cannon and overuse smileys to try and make a point you cant prove. Garp fought roger on the regular after Roger died his main rival was out of the picture while Wb had to fight other Yonkou. WB = Roger but Garp has beaten Roger before. see I can take things out of context also. Shiki was also fucking up roger before the storm saved him. What makes you think the marine hero who crushed mountains with his fist couldn't compare to pk roger? People say he chased Roger over the grandline, I think they said he almost killed him dozens of time. equal hype. I can admit I don't know but you can't prove me wrong.

18. Juvia. Meow.

You proved me wrong? :lmao All i saw you do was "No it did not happen like that."

I literally can't. Just going to ignore list and move on to better things.

19. Gohara Ryutoshi

Prime Whitebeard > Old Whitebeard/Prime Garp > Old Garp in my opinion, with each match up being around high difficulty or perhaps mid to high (closer to high than mid) difficulty in the match ups that involve Old Garp. It's been implied that out of all the characters who have matched up against Roger, Prime Whitebeard is the only one to be relatively equal to him. However, it's also been implied that Prime Garp can put up a good to great match up against Roger. :p

20. Onewhosbeenaround ZZZZZ

Old Whitebeard should win over old Garp high-extreme from imo, but Pri me Garp and Whitebeard can go either way on a given day. I view Roger and the prime versions of Garp and Whitebeard as equals.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Kyouko redrum

To this day, I'm still not sure how to view Garp's standing compared to Whitebeard. Roger's outright stated they've brought each to the brink of death multiple times so, that leads me to believe Garp was a peer to Roger like Whitebeard was. However, this implied parity doesn't seem to extend to their older incarnations, where Whitebeard is clearly portrayed as stronger than Garp despite his disease weakening him even further

22. Bohemian Knight Well-Known Member

Whitebeard extreme diff back in their primes.

Whitebeard with very high diff in MF. I suspect that old age had a greater effect on Garp's physical abilities than Whitebeard's, whose DF should've compensated considerably for his declining physical capacity.

23. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Prime Whitebeard wins against Prime Garp 6/10 times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  24. Freechoice Freechoice

They aren't even worth the scum on my shoes, let alone my time.

Let them wallow in their pit of ignorance and idiocy

They do not deserve enlightenment

25. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

There's only one correct answer for this thread...

26. King Itachi ^/_\^

I'd go with Marineford Garp over Marineford Whitebeard and Prime Whitebeard over Prime Garp. Solid high-diff for both

27. Brook Well-Known Member

28. xmysticgohanx Zoro > Law; Future Trunks > SSJ god Goku

I'd say WB upper end of high diff in both scenarios.

However Garp > sick WB, as well as Akainuts > Sick WB

I'm undecided on Akainuts vs Garp but I'm leaning towards Akainuts. Obv Prime Garp wins though.

I'd love to show Oda my tier list tbh

29. whatsausername Active Member

30. Tenma McLovin' It

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  31. Luffee Hyped

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  32. GucciBandana Kumogakure black girl

Both akainu and wb were portrayed to be stronger than garp during time of mf, however that's without considering wb random heart attacks.

33. drew8324 Member

I think Prime Garp was ghe strongest in the series in certain conditions. I'd say Garp both Scenario

34. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

You know old sick dying WB two shotted Akainu right? Dont give me that Akainu got up minutes later bullshit. George forman got up right after Ali knocked him out.

35. xmysticgohanx Zoro > Law; Future Trunks > SSJ god Goku

Akainuts took half of his face off, WB did no lasting damage. Akainuts was even able to fight the commanders + crocoboy afterwards

36. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

Does it matter, wb died like 10 minutes later. Akainu did slightly more damage than squardo.