1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. As of September 1st, Bleach will no longer have an entire subforum dedicated to it since the manga has come to an end. For further information, go here
  3. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR, PSOTW MIRROR
  4. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Where has the Vandenreich Been Until Now?

Discussion in 'Society Library' started by DemonDragonJ, Apr 23, 2012.

1. DemonDragonJ Boot-Wearing Fairy

The sudden appearance of the Vandenreich makes me wonder where they have been until this time. How did they remain hidden from such powerful and perceptive people as Yamamoto, Aizen, Kyoraku, Ukitake, and Unohana? Surely, someone would have noticed such a massive and powerful army amassing? What does everyone else have to say about this subject?

2. Halibel La Tres

coudl be that the leaders spiritual pressure is so large to even the captains

that masks the location of the vandenreich kinda like what ichigo did to rukia in chapter 1

3. Johnny &#32

Plotting in their Ice Palace. Just like all villainous organizations who're late for the party do, as another, weaker, organization is being destroyed.

4. Scizor Zeal

In Kubo's behind

Or at Ishida's house :maybe

5. Bluebeard Classy Gent

Building up their armies and waiting for the right moment.

6. Lmao ∃ ∧ ∨ ∩ ⊂ ⊃ ∪ ⊥

Gathering their army while simultaneously observing the enemy

7. Almesiva Moonshadow Banned

8. Dorzium Irradiated Space Crocodilian

Also they started killing all those hollows which destabilized the barrier between the worlds. Maybe it has some important role in their invasion.

9. Frostman G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time)

Repopulating their quincy army. :hurr

10. Icognito away fighting dragons

What I wanna know is where is Ishida's Dad?

11. Sci-Fi Active Member

My theory would be that they were the ones controlling things thru the portal at the end of the SS arc when Aisen escaped to HM. Remember Aisen sent out his crew to find the Vastolordes but never did. The Quincy could be the answer. They could have been just observing the events in the HM arc and seen just about everyones abilities.

12. Aizens Plan The Luciferous One

I don't think they were completely out of everyone's mind. Yamamoto and Mayuri both knew that Buckbeard was at large, and so I think it's reasonable to believe the other high ranking shinigami did as well. It's just that they (except Mayuri) didn't think he would ever be a threat again. Mayuri said that he hasn't been able to discover the VR headquarters yet, so that tells me the Buckbeard somehow stumbled upon a place he knew was shielded from Soul Society's intel, and then he started gathering his followers one by one.

13. Palpatine Heheheh

14. Louis-954 http://www.kolektakon.com/

The same place the Vizards, Fullbringers, and Espada were before Kubo ran out of ideas on how to keep the plot moving forward. His ass.

15. Halibel La Tres

these posts are so annoying to read

16. Tyler ̣

Tell me about it. It's like shut the fuck up about that shit.

Just because you don't agree with it or like it, it's trolling or an asspull......

Stop :hurr

17. Louis-954 http://www.kolektakon.com/

1. I'm not trolling.

2. I have no problem with the story.

3. These factions literally did come out of no where.

Most mangaka are guilty of ass pulling every now and again, these are just some of Kubos. That Shounen for you, deal with it. These aren't amazing works of literature we're reading here, we're reading something geared primarily towards 12-15yr old kids who can't/don't notice inconsistencies, retcons, and downright asspulls. Comics are filled with them.

If you want a more serious answer then I think they were hiding in some as of yet unnamed Pseudo-space for the past 200 or so years. Something similar to the Soul Kings dimension or Hell. A place that isn't easily accessed and not privy to a whole lot of people, it would explain how they are able to seemingly go to and from Soul Society, Hueco Mundo, and the Human World near instantaneously and undetected. It's a "Limbo" of sorts.

18. Greed You lose...Again

I actually laughed at that :lmao

But yeah, it's probably in a different dimension, or inbetween them. Like the Dangai, or the space within a Garganta.

19. Kenny Florian Active Member

20. Mist Puppet HATE NEWSPAPERS Moderator

Then that means Kubo is the goose that laid the golden egg(s).

21. PDQ Meta-Debater

Except you can't really deny the validity of Louis's point. To say captains should be able to sense them ignores the fact that the captains couldn't find the Vizard, Fullbringers, or the Ishidas(nor could Ishida, who can instantly tell who had spiritual power, failed to notice his father). Despite Soul Society magically being able to detect the moment and type of beings that appeared the second Yammy, Grimmjow, and Luppi appeared in the Living World, they were woefully ignorant about their missing Substitute Shinigami's location or the Vizard. Aizen had to go looking for Vasto Lorde and was still gathering them.

They seem to only be able to find people in areas they specifically control like Seireitei or Las Noches. Even then, they can only detect them upon entry, passing through a barrier(who the Vandenreich can bypass using the "shadow"). They have no idea where they are specifically inside the location (hence why Ichigo's group got so far).

Basically as long as they stayed out of Seireitei, there's no reason to know they exist. Soul Society knows nothing about who is in Hueco Mundo(e.g. the Espada) and very little about the Living World(e.g. Fullbringers, Vizard). It's painfully easy to hide from them.

22. Magus Vacationing

If you want to know, ask your mother.

23. Kage

waiting for hueco mundo to clear out? who knows. these guys always seemingly come out of nowhere.

24. astrallite Member

Hanging out in the warehouse next to the Vizards...

25. DemonDragonJ Boot-Wearing Fairy

Yes, I know that Kubo had not yet conceived of them until recently, but I was searching for an in-universe explanation; how could a large and powerful army such as the Vandenreich remain hidden for so long?

26. maltyy too busy to f!@#

Picking out the right outfit. :pimp

27. Dream hero and villain Administrator

Hiding like cowards from Yama until he lost an arm. :datass

28. Louis-954 http://www.kolektakon.com/

The same way the Vizards, Urahara Shop, Ishida family, and Arrancar remained hidden. In some cases over a 100+ years. It's not that hard to fool Soul Society.

29. Grand Cross Funkiest Dealer

They were likely in a different dimension.

30. Magicbullet Banned

In Ryuken's basement. I'm not kidding.

31. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

Preparing and shit.

32. Kiss SS: It's canon bitch

They were waiting for the right time to appear.