1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR, PSOTW MIRROR
  3. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

What meaning do the Akatsuki rings have?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Gaara06, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Gaara06 Asa Fanboy.

I've read the manga but I seem to forget anything mentioned about the rings? I've heard people say "well AL will want the ring back" and things like that. Is the rings only meaning showing that they are members?

2. ArtGoesBoomYeah Member

We can only speculate.

What we do know about Akatsuki and their rings-

*You may not join Akatsuki without a ring
    Proof: Orochimaru left more than 7 years ago, yet was never replaced, yet Sasori was replaced quickly. Tobi even mentions "I have his ring. Does that mean I can join"

*The rings must all be worn on different fingers
    *The rings all have different meanings. Some of which relate to the characters, other meanings have seemingly nothing to do with their barer.

Well, sometimes akatsuki makes a big deal about the ring (Deidara searches for his ring, not exactly his severed arm.) Yet other time they don't really seem to care. By this I mean, if the rings are so important, then why aren't they pursuing Orochimaru's ring?

hmm. I guess that answered nothing, just trying to lay out what I think I know. :?

3. Cuddlewuddles Foolish mortals.

BECAUSE THEY ARE PRETTY.

and....basically what ArtGoesBoomYeah said.

4. Namicho 愛は耐

Maybe the rings are special in that only the real body of an Akatsuki member can possess the ring. What I mean is that maybe, if one of the Akatsuki members made a clone, the clone wouldn't have the ring. So, all the members would be able to tell if one of the members was indeed the real one.

BUT, I'm just wishing that's what they were for, because the Kisame and Itachi clones had the rings on. :(

5. Gaara06 Asa Fanboy.

Ah, tyvm that's exactly what I was looking for.

6. SleepingDisaster I fight for what I believe in

their position on the finger of the statue, they can't excange position as they want

7. Namicho 愛は耐

The rings probably play a big role in the sealing of the bijuu.

8. Mecha Wolf Nature Meets Kick Ass

Probably for some bad ass jutsu.

9. Namicho 愛は耐

^The badass sealing the bijuu jutsu.

10. Mecha Wolf Nature Meets Kick Ass

I think it might be more than sealing. I think it might be something else entirely. Maybe some kind of giant chakra bomb or shield or something that can destroy or protect whole villages.

11. Namicho 愛は耐

LOOL, I was just reminded of something. There should be a show for Akatsuki along the lines of Captain Planet. LOl, I can just see it now..AL would be like Captain Planet, and instead of helping the environment, they'd go around destroying everything.

12. Nae'blis mellifluous lassitude

Concise, well done. They didn't specify Oro's ring, but they did say "don't worry, Oro will be killed, un". It would be pointless to include a seperate sentence just to emphasize the ring, since it imply's that Oro death will also mean the ring. But other than this, they might not even think Oro has the ring.

Since most of it can only be speculation, I might as well help myself. Since the rings don't necessarily correspond to the member wearing it, it seems to correspond with the statue. Also with whatever the extraction jutsu being used. Because Oro isn't wearing his ring but still keeps it, it must either mean that it will have an adverse effect if worn on the wrong finger. Or that wearing the ring directly links that member to AL/Akatsuki in terms of the telepathy jutsu used, of the chakra which is used for the extraction, or whatever other special function the rings have. Oro could have easily destroyed his ring at mount doom/used any of his sick jutsu to destroy it, but he keeps it. The rings may also serve as a means for the AL to control the members.

The biggest laugh will be if the rings mean nothing and the purple nail polish do nothing but fulfill AL's perverted fetish for cross-dressing and seeing fanboi's looking sexy in asexual garb.

13. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a Retired Smod

I always did think it was strange that despite it all Orochimaru kept the ring on his severed hand. I mean, he certainly doesn't strike me as the sentimental type, so there must be some deeper reason as to why he kept it.

14. Captain Gir Spiral Warrior

it probably has something to do wit the statue too

15. breakbeat oratory bamboleo.

Captain BlowYouTheFuckUp

16. Marke Tobi is a player

2 Words, *Bling Bling*

17. Uzumaki Clintwood

:oh I'll Second That :p +rep

18. Mike Hunt Spittin dat real talk fuck yal

Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooo Hilarious post.

19. KamiKazi Inactive Member Super Moderator

they are all green lanterns. oh wait then the rings would be green...they are all red lanterns, the equivilent of a green lantern in the narutoverse

20. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

The rings might simply have to do with the affiliation to the group is all. Though i speculate it has something to do with the sealing jutsu

21. nuge004 GOT MILK?!

i don't think it is b/c they can seal fine even without oro's ring so i'm guessing its not for that

22. blackshikamaru I'm retarded, ignore me.

It probably has something to do with the sealings. I remember someone saying its one biju per person...or I could have just made that up. Probably the latter.

But I think when all of them are sealed, they will get sent to the rings and the Akatsuki will release them Captain Planet style. And when the usefullness is done they'll go back into the ring. PokeBalls?....Im sorry Im a little buzzed right now

23. nuge004 GOT MILK?!

that's not a bad thought.... about the rings, not the pokeballs, that was stupid

24. MasamuneX7 Akatsuki Overlord

AL has the Rei ring, which means 'zero' or 'overflow'.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.