1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Uchiha Sasuke FC Essay, Theory, and Thread Contest!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by kire, Jun 5, 2008.

1. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

The contest has ended and here are the results:

(Note: Now keep in mind that voter turnout was extremely low, and in some cases instructions were not followed as specified.)

The winner for The Essay Category goes to BlueSky Rena for her second essay!

Results for essay category:
    tesk -1
    BSRE2 -2

The winner for the Thread Category is Akachô!

Results for Thread category:
    Akachô -3
    Sandaime -1
    The_Midnight_Karasu -1

For our overall winner, after a week of voting, The winner was clearly BlueSky Rena!!

Congratulations!!:party

[/SIZE]

Congratulations to all the winners!
    Everyone did an exceptional job with their essays and threads. I would like to thank each and everyone of you who entered...Thx:hug
    Please rep these people and give comments to their threads if you haven't already.

Each of these essays/threads will be added to The essay section in the Uchiha Sasuke FC. Thanks again everybody.

Finally I would like to give special thanks to Genesis, JediJaina and the other mods that helped me get this/keep this thread up. I know there was a lot of grief that came with it, and I do apologize for the grey hair it has probably caused you all.. Thx for putting up with it and me..:glomp

@mods, please unstick this thread, and let it fall to the depths of forum oblivion.

Spoiler:
    Now read carefully for voting instructions.:
    You may vote for one Essay and for one Thread.
    Also please vote for one person you like overall. (This person may be one of the same people you voted for in either the essay or thread categories or even someone else who entered.)
    So ideally you should have three names you wish to vote for.

I prefer you vote by pm, but I will accept votes done here in the thread.

Uchiha Sasuke FC Essay, Theory, and Thread Contest!

Spoiler:
    Our Summer Contest Series continues with this one. It's pretty self explanatory. We are looking for the Best Sasuke Essay, Best Sasuke Theory, and Best Sasuke Thread. You can either enter something you have done previously, or write something fresh, and with recent developments in the manga, you should have plenty of material to work with.:amuse

Categories:
    Essay
    Theory
    Thread

Rules:
    All entries must be your own and may either be pmed to me or posted in this thread.
    There is no character limit what so ever and it will not be graded with red ink or gone through with a fine tooth comb.
    Spelling and Grammar mistakes are ok, but come on..I advise you to use spell check and some common sense. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it does need to carry your point across.
    All entries must be Sasuke-centric.
    You may enter two items per category for this contest.
    Membership in the Uchiha Sasuke FC is not required.

Runtime:
    Now-Aug. 22, 2008

(Due to a miscalculation on my part I've decided to extend this contest to the end of August. I do apologize for this error, if you have any questions/complaints my pm box has plenty of room so have at it. ~Thanks)

Voting:
    Voting starts on Aug. 23 and last through 30th. Results will be posted on the 31st.
    Voting may be done either in the thread or pm.
    When voting please select your top pick per category and then select an overall winner. The overall winner will receive a bonus prize.

Prizes:
    You can count on plenty o Rep, and your prize winning entry being featured on the front page of the FC.

The winners will receive one of the following prizes:

• a sparkly username
    • a custom usertitle
    • a 150x175 avatar

Bonus Prize:
    Everyone who enters is eligible for a bonus win. The person with the most votes as an overall winner will receive the bonus prize. And what is the bonus prize you ask, well it's a surprise. It is worth real money but like I said in the other contest, don't get your hopes up, it's not worth much.:laugh

A side note:
    Bashing, flame baiting, and the like will not be tolerated in this thread.

If you have any questions you can pm me or just post them here in the thread.

~Thx and good luck to all.

Essay Entries:

By BlueSky Rena:
    First thread
    Name: The greatest potential or a shadow behind brother's might? The complete Uchiha Sasuke rundown.
    What is it about? Bringing the lowdown on Sasuke's true skills and proving he is far more than just a sharingan bloodline genius. but is it enough to overcome big brother? - includes a direct link to every claim via manga
    Type: Essay
    Link:X

Basicly since the above thread was way larger and due to Itachi's death, I have created a better and shorter essay that is a fallow up of the above, which also compares Sasuke's abilities to Itachi's:
    Name: Prodigy Childs of a warrior clan: The Uchiha brother's compression
    What is it about? Given the rundown on the Uchiha battle, covering the skills of both brothers deeply, from the Academy of the leaf years till the death of Itachi.
    Link: X

By Tesk:
    Author's note: This essay was written in 2006 for the sake of personal amusement. It can be specifically added that I was absolutely off the mark regarding some things, but I chose to leave it as it was so that everyone can point their finger and laugh if they want to. There is also some additional material that is not explicitly Sasuke-related, but helps to understand where I was coming from with some of the more outrageous ideas.
    X

By Incubus:
    Thread Title: Sasuke: The Unwitting Anti-Villain
    What is it about?: How Sasuke's actions throughout part 2 have helped Madara.
    Entry #: First Entry

By Death-kun:
    Thread Title: Uchiha Sasuke: To Hell and Back
    What is it about?: How Sasuke's pain and risks have helped him get exponentially stronger

Thread Entries:

By Sandaime:

Title: Hints about Sasuke's potential
    What it's about: Collecting of manga hints around Sasuke's potential
    Type:thread

By Akachô:
    Title: Sasuke's story, Tolkien style
    Type: Thread
    Author's note: This thread is a retelling of some major events of Sasuke's life in a rather unusual way, in Tolkien's words that is. Even if you're no Tolkien fan, you might enjoy the epical style (and some hints of irony as well ).
    Oh, and if you bear with me please make sure to read the last spoiler as well!

Theory Entries:

By The_Midnight_Karasu:
    Title: Meaningful discussion about Sasuke's new abilities
    Whats it about: In short, it is an extension of Kishi's use of mythology to frame Itachi's MS/EMS powers and speculates on how Sasuke may have developed similar powers through a similar Japanese Myth. The Japanese gods used are Izanami and Izanagi, the primal parents of the Shinto gods, and how tragedy forever separates the two through the cycle of life and death. Shinto Hell is based on the concepts of contamination and purification rather than sin, which figure prominently into Sasuke's Journey.
    Type: Theory

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. Dogma word....?

:lmao

My, what a completely original idea!

3. Nae'blis mellifluous lassitude

lol, good idea, especially since Dogma had it first. :iria

I'll be sure to wrote my bestest essay.

4. JJ Hiatus

Actually the truth is that Kire had been talking about doing this for quite a while in the FC (and in PM's from as far back as January). She decided to hold off until the summer to do the contests.

Plus this is part of a contest series.
    X

5. Proxy .

Why so serious? :LOS

Anyway, this is a good idea to make it a series. Still, wouldn't it be better if the first one is finished before another starts?

6. BlueSky Rena A Girl of the East (Asia)

A Uchiha Sasuke contest :iria well :ano I have written two essay's regarding Uchiha Sasuke in the past, So I guess I will give it a try :amuse

First thread
    Name: The greatest potential or a shadow behind brother's might? The complete Uchiha Sasuke rundown.
    What is it about? Bringing the lowdown on Sasuke's true skills and proving he is far more than just a sharingan bloodline genius. but is it enough to overcome big brother? - includes a direct link to every claim via manga :zaru

Basicly since the above thread was way larger and due to Itachi's death, I have created a better and shorter essay that is a fallow up of the above, which also compares Sasuke's abilities to Itachi's:
    Name: Prodigy Childs of a warrior clan: The Uchiha brother's compression
    What is it about? Given the rundown on the Uchiha battle, covering the skills of both brothers deeply, from the Academy of the leaf years till the death of Itachi.

Dont think it will win, and entered it cuse I was browsing the forums just to view the spoliers(the only reason I log rarely), but I enter it to share my writings to who ever wishes to read them :zaru

lofe
    X3

7. Fay

Nice contest:nod! I made a few threads a while ago..do they count kire??!

8. Kusogitsune Banned

Perhaps I shall write an essay about Sasuke. For the hell of it.

9. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

Yep its true.. And I've been doing these things for years already..I usually just have one main contest in the fanworks section and throw the essay in there, but this year I've decided to split it up..so yeah I didn't steal anyone's idea..:lmao

Besides, I don't see what the big deal is, these contests involve two different characters, and are ruled/voted on differently..
    But for those of you who wish to enter both contests, if there is a problem of time or anything else, let me know and we can work something out.

Awesome thanks! I look forward to reading them, and will add them to the entries.

sure, let me know which ones you want to enter:nod

:ninja do it!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  10. Kusogitsune Banned

How long do I have again?

11. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

Until July 5th, would that be enough time?

12. Kusogitsune Banned

Depends how lazy I feel.

13. Munak Sexton

Hmm, might make my mark on this... I'll go with my Sasukessay.

14. Fay

Poor Kire! Being attacked by Sasu haters for an idea she had for MONTHS:uwah! I think you should ask a mod to delete their posts:nod.

Will post my threads soon!

15. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

Well the mods can delete it if they want, but honestly its not even worth the trouble..:laugh

Its just so stupid, some people just can't help themselves I guess..

I look forward to it:nod

16. Kusogitsune Banned

Hey hey, I haven't attacked her yet; I've been fairly nice to her so far.

17. jirochimaru I am the vengeance of Bane

18. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

I think Sandaime was referring to the first two posts:laugh

19. Dogma word....?

Yes, we're obviously Sasu haters. Great observation!

Would you kindly look at the other stickied threads and just take a look at a couple of them.

When you find the one we're talking about I guarantee you'll enjoy it. :wink

However, this matter should be dealt with, with diplomacy so I'll apologize for acting without it. But I'm hard pressed to realize why you would begin your competition while the other one is still alive and kickng with ideally the same format as my own.

Whether on purpose or not, and whether I should be flattered or not, is not the issue. I'm just alittle vexed on the matter on why the idea that had been "thought about for months" was not acted upon beforehand, and was posted "late."

Is all.

However, I hold no ill will or grude over something so trivial. in fact, I believe that it's great that your going to do this for Sasuke fans or dissenters of all kinds and I will loo past this minor issue to wish you good luck on your competetiton.

I might even post a thread myself, should I feel the need to necro it.

Otherwise, I'll most definitately be wroting my bestest one yet.

20. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

I'll get Wrath to write an "Uchiha Sasuke: Huge Jerkface" thread.

21. Incubus away fighting dragons

Maybe I'll revise and re-post one of my old Sasuke threads. :amuse

22. Sasuke_Bateman ?

:( writing essays about Sasuke is against the rules

23. Genesis Active Member Advisor

I've already approved of this contest as its something these guys do yearly as Sasuke's birthday is in July and they're the FC dedicated to his character. They did something in the Fanworks section, and this is for our section.

Peeps, if you've got nothing valuable to add, just remain quiet. Everyone contributes, no one is forcing you here to write an essay and these guys are doing something they can have fun with and hopefully get others to help too.

As I said before, if something like this is organised, I have no problems with it. Its contributive.

If you're going to post in this thread, do it either to ask about the competition, or if you're going to participate. Don't harass or start asking questions as to why or what's the point.

I'll leave it at that.

24. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

@♠ Dogma ♠, If you really want answers to your questions send me a pm, and we can have a little chat. This thread is not the place for arguing over its existence..And this will hopefully be the last time I have to address this issue.. But one thing we have in common..we are both.."vexed."

That would be good.

~thank you

25. $@$uK3 uCh!h@ Proud to be A(n)

26. Incubus away fighting dragons

Name: Incubus
    Thread Title: Sasuke: The Unwitting Anti-Villain
    What is it about?: How Sasuke's actions throughout part 2 have helped Madara.

27. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

Thx incubus, I'll add it to the list:amuse

28. Incubus away fighting dragons

That's not the old thread that I said I might revise. That's just something I was thinking abotu a few days ago. I still might revise that other one.

29. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

That's cool, if you get it done let me know.

30. Fay

My entry:

Title: Hints about Sasuke's potential
    What it's about: Collecting of manga hints around Sasuke's potential
    Type:thread

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  31. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

Thx Sandaime, I'll get it up.:nod

32. Death-kun Active Member

I think I'm actually going to try this. On what topic of Sasuke, I don't know. But I'll try it. Maybe about Sasuke's growth or something. :lmao

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm going to write about his growth and the run-down of his life. :iria

2nd Edit: Here we go!

Name: Death-kun
    Thread Title: Uchiha Sasuke: To Hell and Back
    What is it about?: How Sasuke's pain and risks have helped him get exponentially stronger

I know, it may lack structure. But whatever. :lmao

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  33. Fay

Thank you:).
    Sounds interesting:nod. I'm going to check it out later.

34. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

@Death-kun..structure not required:p
    *adds to the list*

35. Namikaze Minato Flash Lone Wolf

July 5th's the voting date, right?

36. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

It was, but has been changed to August 23rd.

37. SAMSARA Banned

Since the Thread of the Month contest vanished, these contests can be good for keeping good threads further from rarity. That's enough of a reward for not being completely original, IMO. :\

In the Pein thing though, they got to use partners. Can you in this one, kire?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  38. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

Of course, just be sure to list the authors.:amuse

39. bloody_ninja Kage Bunshin

This seems pretty interesting despite the fact that I hate Sasuke (only at the current moment). Maybe I might attempt to enter with a theory. I have a question about voting though. How exactly does it work? Everyone is allowed to vote for anyone?

EDIT: Oh yeah, so if I make a theory and it is proven wrong within the next few chapters, does that automatically void my entry?

And following that, is it still possible to win with a false theory?

40. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

Voting for this contest is simple..anyone can vote for anyone, however you can only vote once..

As for the entry, if your theory is proven wrong, it doesn't matter..it's a theory and will/should be judged on how its presented, but then again its up to the public on how they vote..but being disproven does not void an entry and is still eligible for a win.

41. The_Midnight_Karasu Neuro-synaptic J-beast killer

Sasuke contest (Thread Entry)

Per Sandaime's recommendation I will post this humble little thread about Sasuke.

In short, it is an extension of Kishi's use of mythology to frame Itachi's MS/EMS powers and speculates on how Sasuke may have developed similar powers through a similar Japanese Myth. The Japanese gods used are Izanami and Izanagi, the primal parents of the Shinto gods, and how tragedy forever separates the two through the cycle of life and death. Shinto Hell is based on the concepts of contamination and purification rather than sin, which figure prominently into Sasuke's Journey.

If it should be theory instead of thread, I leave that to the judges to modify.

X

42. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

hymm, interesting..I'll put it up..:nod
    thx for entering!

edit: V thx guys :hug

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  43. JJ Hiatus

As an added incentive, winners will be able to have one of the following:

• a sparkly username
    • a custom usertitle
    • a 150x175 avatar

44. Incubus away fighting dragons

You tempt me to add another entry. :plot

45. Nakiro Narutimate Hero

I have to say, Sasuke makes a great villain.

We should have these types of thread for every character's b-day.

46. Garfield ​⁠​

Uchiha Sasuke - Man of rebellion (I'm thinking about making this one :hehee)

47. kire BaTShIT CrAzY

@Cx, I hope you do!

@Incubus, you know you want it...:jk

Remember not all entries have to be new, they can be something you've written ages ago.
    If I get enough (older essay) entries, I can make a sub-category for them.

48. Fay

Wow that's very nice:amazed!

49. Noble Avenger Champs Bitch

Date got pushed back? Hmm, I'll see if I can find the time to crank something out between now and then.

50. Fay

Yes, please do. Can't wait to read it!