1. Miss Akihabara 2017: Preliminary Round: Nominations & Qualifications (inc. Naruto and one piece). Is currently being held in the Akihabara district, visit the thread here to find out more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juvia. Meow.

Just telling your team to go into character and expecting them to solo is not that much of a strategy, if Erza was not a good match up for my team i don't think anyone would be able to see your victory, just a little note for you if you make it past me, but that's not looking so good for you right now either.

2-0 to me.

2. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

It was almost 1-1, and there are two voters leaning toward me. :quite

3. Juvia. Meow.

That was before, people change their minds all the time. :maybe

4. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Gratz Zeref! Hopefully I'll battle you next so I can take my well deserved revenge!

5. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

The battle is not over, AF, there are still more than two and a half days to pass.

Zeref is far from winning, as I'm still leaning towards the Pirate. Vote coming after sleep.

6. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Oh yea, I forgot. BUT HE SHALL PREVAIL!!!!!!!

7. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

The scans of fukuro using it on Natsu actually make it seem like its a remote controlled magic rather than an item. Strange, but thats what I'm seeing.

Anyways, might drop a vote in this one tomorrow. Depends how if I can internet long enough .

8. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Spoiler:
    X

I would like to point out how large and vacant this town is, and how obvious it would be to spot any holes.

On Holes:

Their depth, and width and ability to traverse.

Spoiler:
    X

As we can see from the above scan, Virgo's holes are very narrow. Don't read that the wrong way. They're one person wide. Zeref assures this.

Now Virgo herself might be able to move freely in them, but can Lyon, or the other members? They have to shimmy and crawl. Even with a speed boost from Wendy Woo, they're mages, and not mole rats. Ice Guy might pull a Grey and be a naked non-mole rat, but he still not going to be popping freely between holes like Zeref wants him to. This makes them really easy targets.

If she's dragging him, the she herself has to exit the hole to pull him up, locate Erza (because they can't see through ground) and that's bad.

Depth:

Spoiler:
    X

As we can see from this scan, Virgo does not really make deep holes.

I would like voters to consider deep the holes and tunnels are supposed to be, and if cobblestone would really offer adequate protection from someone on Fairy Tail's #1 Team for Property Damage.

Now, if she does make them deep, they're going to be long straight lines. Tubes.

X

Any attack going into it will follow the straight line, and Icey will have to clear all the way down until he gets to a bend to escape the attack. And the attack is sharp and stabby. Stabby chasey tunnel escape mini-games will ensue.

9. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

I only read Pirate on wheels strategy and im already considering giving him the vote just becuase its hilarious and erza has a jet pack. But ill probably get voided so in half a year ill eventually read Zeref's strategy and make a proper vote.

10. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Your vote would be valid because Erza with a jetpack legitimately soloes.

11. Juvia. Meow.

Both strats start of good, i get underground he gets in the air.

As my strat is a ground assault strat my team will try to get Erza on the ground before the assault begins, for this Virgo will create holes all over the battlefield preparing for an air assault with Lyon and Erza tries to kill her.

As the area is so large and Virgo is popping up from hole to hole where she only pops her head up for not even half a second Erza who is zooming around on a jetpack thx to assistance from Fukurou watching the area all at once hoping her reflexes are enough to notice Virgo in a split second and hit her with an attack from maybe even 300 feet away at times while Virgo has a speed boost on her already impressive digging speed.

She will never hit from this blind assault obviously, Erza is not that good to notice someone in the 0.5 seconds Virgo as a mere small head popping out of the ground and then launch an attack and hit before Virgo goes back under.

Tell me people which do you honestly believe will happen.

Virgo popping up her head out of a total randome place looks up to find Erza, once spotted she goes back under.
    OR
    Erza who is watching an entire area while flying around on a zooming jetpack controlled by Fukurou noticing Virgo before Virgo can spot Erza and not only that but then firing and hitting that same Virgo who has a speed boost before Virgo can get back underground?

Do i really even need to ask that sort of question? REALLY!!!

For me that is obvious.

As Lyon see's his air assault is not touching Erza who just keeps chopping up his birds the first part of the ground assault begins.

My decoy will pop up and Erza enraged from not being able to hit Virgo all that time charges will full assault as Fukurou watches on guiding Erza to the location.

Lyon then pops up behind him and seals him in his diamond cage.

After that the jetpack is useless and Erza falls to the ground landing on her feet like the cat she is.

My second part of the assault then begins to take place.

Duke pops up with two new ice clones as another decoy and gets trashed but as Erza is doing this both of my other team members attack and badly damage Erza, after that they continue to attack till Erza is down for good.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  12. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

You realize she's a master swordswoman and has a magic armour completely based on pin-point flying swords, right? How can her accuracy not be that great?

13. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Yea but I doubt that she can see EVERY hole from the distance she is, and Virgo is digging like crazy.

14. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Virgo is allowed to make holes how you want them to be.

15. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

He didn't order her to make them defensively. If Erza won't wear armor to armor herself from attacks because I didn't explicitly order her to, why does Virgo get the charity rule?

Double standards111!!11!!11111111one

She controls sword with her brain.

Show me where on the location scan you can put a hole that Erza can't see. Because every spot is shown from a bird's eye view. Where Erza is.

My team even has a bird on it.

He's an owl.

He gives a hoot.

Hoot beam blasts.

From his fist.

16. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

And you never stated in your strategy that Erza will search for any holes, she will be distracted by the giant ice dome, you can shoot your swords at random but they probably ain't hitting anything.

17. Juvia. Meow.

Lol my team is making a network of tunnels do you really think they can do that if there not deep? i didn't really think it needed saying.

Also about the other members using holes, they are using them but they are not moving around in them by them selves, that's the whole reason i had Virgo make the holes before hand so that she did not have to pop out after making it so that Lyon could get a clear shot, she will instead be showing him to the exit and then he pops out shooting the eagles, on the last part Duke takes them to the exists, Lyon then creates two ice clones and Duke takes them with him to be a decoy for Erza.

I though this was all pretty obvious as you know i said Lyon gets next to a hole and then creates two ice clones for duke to take with him.

18. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

So do you guys wonder twin rebuttal in every match you have, or is Erza's jetpack too much for one mind to handle?

19. Melodie ̣

Vote: PoW.

20. Juvia. Meow.

:facepalm Another joke vote, can you please make a real vote or you know not vote at all...

Voided.

21. Melodie ̣

22. Juvia. Meow.

If i make it past this match and get to you i'll enjoy our rematch. :villa, this time though you wont have Kagura to protect you muhahahaha, i all most won that match anyways lol, 3-2 it needed and the last vote was a hard one.

23. Melodie ̣

Ok. But..what does this have to do with with Jetpack Erza not being cool?

24. Juvia. Meow.

:twitch... well emm... nothing... really... i guess...

Just pointing it out, anyways voting because it's cool is not allowed and even if it was it would make a mockery of all the hard work i put into mine :cry.

25. Melodie ̣

Isn't this all about who creates a cool strategy that make the voter buy it? I think Jetpack Erza is fabulous. No matter how much you look at it, my vote is valid. Not only this, but you have to keep in mind that the jetpack is considered from one of her team-mates, one of her nakama, even if it's not supposed to work, it will work anyway, and it will be 3x better because it's, you know, Erza.

Humanoid Owl is cool too.

You have to consider the cool factor. this is a trial tournament!

26. Juvia. Meow.

No it is not valid, also no Erza cannot control the jetpack we have already been over this.

When the bird goes bye bye the magic in the Jetpack will not work and as Erza dose not know the magic she cannot use the Jetpack, its dead weight, saying Erza can use Jetpack magic is like saying Lucy hands over a key to Natsu and he summons the spirit that resides inside.

The jetpack without the magic is nothing more than a backpack.

27. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Zeref has voided every single one of my votes.

BAN HIM

28. Juvia. Meow.

Lol this is my match i have no power over the votes, they are not real votes so they don't count, it's as simple as that :p.

29. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

But you have to admit Melodie does have a point, dat strat... :gar

30. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Technically it would be 4-1 if I had voted with my current view of Simon's Dark Moment. I voted with the belief Simon's teammates could see. I no longer go by this belief and as such, shouldn't have voted for you. Sorry. :zaru

31. Juvia. Meow.

Huh? Rufus could see in Dark moment though...

32. Juvia. Meow.

Lol sorry but nope it is not, she is merely voting for you because your strat is funny, not really because she thinks you win, in practice matches where people don't really give a shit it may fly but not on these.

33. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

Those the jetpack have cup holders? This will decided if I give my vote to PoW or Zeref.

34. Juvia. Meow.

??? Not another one, can people please take this seriously... starting to get a little annoyed now.

35. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

X

They are even adjustable to accommodate all cup sizes.

Your vote good sir. :quite

Because Erza's super jumps and mach speed combined with the extreme mobility and boost of a jetpack that can speed blitz Natsu and also be remote operated by a person at a distance surveying the battlefield with OWL VISION is not going to give the already beastly Erza a significant edge over your hobo team because cool things aren't allowed to be effective and matches aren't allowed to be fun.

36. Melodie ̣

Might as well just void all votes against me in my upcoming match. Why? Because I am not pleased with the fact that my opponent has a cooler strategy (My opponent's strategy is cool by default).

Pfft.

>Erza can't use Jetback.

What the hell? Why are you applying logic? This is the same person who blitz the person that was blitzing her somehow. Surely that makes sense... Not only this, but you think the goddess of weapons can't use a weapon that a freakin' animal can use. Not any animal too, an owl.

Owl.

It's really an Owl.

That fodderbuster defeated

It still looks cool though.

37. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Erza can use weapons with her feet.

38. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

Vote: PoW

39. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

40. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

It's still 2:0 for Zeref, maybe like a day?

41. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Start:
    05-06-2013, 08:35 AM

Now:
    05-08-2013, 12:42 AM

End:
    05-09-2013, 08:35 AM

42. Sans Bad Time

He seems like a pretty cool guy.

43. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

72 hours have passed; match is over

Votes:
    Zeref 2:0 The Pirate on Wheels

Zeref has won

44. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

I clearly see more bolded votes for Team Erza.

45. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

So do I. But I see more legitimate votes on Zeref's side.

46. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Posting in this locked thread because I can.

47. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

I'd also like to vote for Pirate on Wheels.

Erza with a jetpack should speed-blitz Zeref's entire team, and in case they go down into holes, Owl Guy can blow them up.

As the overlord of the Magnolia Stadium, I would like to hereby crown The Pirate on Wheels as the winner of the tournament. Unless this is the tournament I won, in which case, disregard that statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.