1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

TT3 R1 M5: Zeref vs The Pirate on Wheels

Discussion in 'Magnolia Stadium' started by SinRaven, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Clearly? No. It more seems like a boosted jump. I don't see her twistin' and tumblin' like she does in Mr. Pirate's strat.

2. Yuki Meow.

She cuts him and then fly's away with her legs pretty much as high as her head, what Natsu is doing is a jump and you can see the difference.

3. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

It seems like floating over flying than me. She jumped, using her boosted jump, and then floated onwards with her wings. She can't fly like she would be able to with Fukuro's jetpack.

Anyway, the knowledge issue wouldn't change my stance much. I will revise everything after putting up my own strat.

4. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Does Zeref's team even have knowledge on those particular feats for that particular armor anyway?

5. Yuki Meow.

Erza has used that armor loads of times in front of Wendy, she should have easily picked up on it.

Fairy Tail mages seem to know everything about one another.

6. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Yea they do know everything about one another, even Lecy magically had a book on Nakagami armor.

7. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Eh, I'm leaning slightly towards POW atm. And thats no fault to Zeref's strategy.

I don't see the Lyon mole strategy being that effective against a jetpack boosted flying Erza. From what we saw in Lyon's fight against racer, his eagles probably has the speed to hit a flying fukuro. But Erza's a different story. She wouldn't have any problem slicing right through them.

At the same point, she's not going to have an easy time hitting Lyon when he can just drop down the hole.
    Though (http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail-chapter-317-page-11.html) armors (http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail-chapter-235-page-8.html) like these (http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail-chapter-205-page-5.html) might suffice.

8. Yuki Meow.

For all we know Fukurou's Jetpack is ran by his magic, in fact the chances are that it is, in a time that dose not even have TV or plains having a nonmagical Jetpack seems unlikely, there is no proof he can just give it to Erza let alone her using it as well as he can.

It's like saying Lucy gives a key over the Natsu so he can summon a spirit.

Also with out that part of his strat mine pretty much works out 100% if you don't think Erza her self can fly.

9. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

It actually is. It's called "Jet Magic".

10. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

It worked when strapped to Natsu. (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/135-7203-14/fairy-tail/chapter-88.html) And they called him....rocket man.

[YOUTUBE]DvQwXOCKNLY[/YOUTUBE]

I literally created this team to give Erza a jetpack.

Do you think I wouldn't check to make for sure she can actually use the jetpack?

Probably. However I did!

11. Yuki Meow.

Yes he put it on Natsu, he also used it as a torpedo so we know he dose not have to be attached to it to use it in that way, but once Erza gets it she zooms of uncontrollably and when it's out of charge that he gives it she will land face first in the dirt, if Natsu could have controlled it it would not have zoomed of in the first place so obviously just by having it on your back dose not give you control.

12. Azeruth TT3 Champion

I'm cutting out the strategy thing I usually post because the wall of text gave me a headache to look at so I'll go straight to my view.

--

I think both strategies start off without issue. Erza rushes forward and breaks the Ice Dome and Clones and figures out they are underground. Virgo will start making her holes and Erza will try to close them up and kill her. Virgo will inform Zeref's team of Erza being on a jetpack and she'll starting bringing up Lyon for Eagle attacks. The problem here is I see no reason for Eagle to force Erza to land or kill her. If Erza doesn't manage to hit Lyon or Virgo then I assume at some point the next phase of Zeref's strategy will take effect, where two clones come up and Lyon and Everlue freeze Fukuro, who wasn't doing much to start with. This is where trouble arises.

I'm not sure if the Jetpack can function without Fukuro. Can the Jetpack detach from Fukuro and be used on someone else? Yes, it happened to Natsu. Can the Jetpack be controlled by the new person or is it reliant on remote/magical control from Fukuro? That's my question. I don't really see how Fukuro is operating the Jetpack while he's flying with it, which means he could be controlling it with his magic. Which means Erza is reliant on Fukuro, and if Fukuro is frozen/incapacitated, then the Jetpack is lost for Erza and she's grounded.

When Fukuro launches Missile Ho-Ho-Hou at Natsu, it flies right by him. Then Fukuro is shown moving his arms (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/135-7203-13/fairy-tail/chapter-88.html) and the Jetpack reacts accordingly, catching Natsu from behind. This is the only form of control I can see.

So Erza is now grounded, and two more clones, as well as Everlue come up to surprise Erza while the real Lyon and Wendy pop up elsewhere nearby. Erza kills Everlue and breaks the clones, but Water Serpent probably gets her from behind. Erza will probably be caught in Wendy's Sky Drill. Lyon and Wendy team up with Roar/Snow Dragon and other attacks to eventually down Erza.

Vote: Zeref

My original vote was going to be for Pirate, but I hesitated and kept reading responses. And once the question on the Jetpack arose I went around and looked at as many instances of it being used as I could to figure out how it works...but there's not much there. The only thing I could find was the above Missile Ho-Ho-Hou thing I linked, and that makes it Fukuro-reliant. The other issue I had was Pirate not specifying...well...anything.

I assume when Erza is "nuking" that puts her in Morning Star Armor using Photon Slicer, since that's the only "beam" attack I can find for Erza. Heaven's Wheel is for "raining swords" and Giant's Armor is for throwing things like the Evil Crushing Spear. Flight Armor would be the only other armor I see used here since it's mentioned, though I don't know how well it would combine with the Jetpack, or if it would be of much use with Zeref's team underground for most of the fight.

For the majority of the fight I see Erza in Morning Star Armor, using Photon Slicer to blast the holes Virgo is digging, maybe changing to Flight Armor to try and intercept Virgo and Lyon. But once Everlue and the clones appear I see her still being in Morning Star, where Lyon and Wendy try to catch her from behind. Erza would probably survive regardless of what armor she's in. Then she either swaps to Flight to try and dodge or Heaven's Wheel to attack. I don't know which one. But it probably doesn't matter either since Lyon and Wendy have the speed boosts and the jump on her.

There are just too many variables in Pirate's strategy for me to feel comfortable voting for him.

13. Yuki Meow.

Well i think the proof Azeruth posted means that Erza cannot control the Jetpack just like i thought :).

Thx for clearing that up and thx for voting for the right team in the match.

14. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Fairy Tail does not have a complicated system. It's magic. True magic, and magically delicious.

His jetpack is just a magical item like the magical dune buggy car thing Erza hooked herself up to in that chapter. (you all know which one) When you put magic in it it makes rocket thrusters, just like the car makes vroom noises and goes places. The tools always convert magic.

What'sherfaces speed reading glasses can be used by anyone. You don't need a special glasses magic to read from them. The item does it for you. Harvey Birdman's real magic is pelican gobling, and the jetpack is his tool. A total TOOL.

However thank you for voting. I promise my rep message won't say TOOL.

15. Yuki Meow.

The fact remains he was the one controlling it when Natsu got on the Jetpack and not Natsu, there for it can't possibly be just a normal magical tool like you are suggesting.

16. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Natsu had motion sickness and turned into a jelly man. He's never piloting anything ever in life. He proves nothiiing.

You make rocketeering sound like rocket science. You tilt left and tilt right. Even Kirby can do it!

Erza and instantly knows how to use all the armors and weapons she gets. Just like Kirby! :O So she can tilt left and tilt right to steer.

17. Yuki Meow.

Yes Natsu was suffering from motion sickness so if Fukurou was not controlling it then it would have just went down and crashed, instead it flew around in circles and even reacted to Fukurou's hand movements making it attach onto Natsu's cloves.

18. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Good thing Erza doesn't have motion sickness then, so she doesn't need him to TILT IT SLIGHTLY TO THE LEFT to avoid crashing.

But does anyone even think Owliscious is going to die with Erza there to protect him? Anyone who goes for him is Erza bait, and she's not just going to let him stand next to all the holes the bad guys are coming from.

She can give him a lift, or he can sit of a roof. Ice birds aren't going to get him when he can shoot laser beams from his hands (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/135-7200-18/fairy-tail/chapter-85.html) to defend himself.

19. Yuki Meow.

Lol missed the rest of my post out i see :lmao.

20. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Uhm. I think that's a little critical. I didn't tell Erza to block or to defend against attacks, but I shouldn't have to tell her to defend herself from attacks.

If super high mobility is failing for some reason, because, say, she's trapped in a cyclone, the obvious thing to do change armors to something defensive

Look here. (http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail-chapter-180-page-10.html)

She gets in a situation where the opponent is too fast for her, so she immediately switches to a speedy armor.

She cycled all kinds during the fight with tree guy, and since ice is a form of water, her sea empress armor should offer great defence if she's up close with Ice Make man. (It nullified Juvia's S rank water magic)

Even if she's hit dead on, in skimpy speed armor, she won't go down from that.

Treebeard hit her in the leopard print armor (http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail-chapter-236-page-11.html) with a giant explosion (http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail-chapter-236-page-12.html), and she shrugged it off. (http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail-chapter-236-page-13.html)

That was after he hit her with attacks strong enough to wreck her fairy and purgatory armors. (which I think are banned for being OP I guess?)

21. Yuki Meow.

Just telling your team to go into character and expecting them to solo is not that much of a strategy, if Erza was not a good match up for my team i don't think anyone would be able to see your victory, just a little note for you if you make it past me, but that's not looking so good for you right now either.

2-0 to me.

22. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

It was almost 1-1, and there are two voters leaning toward me. :quite

23. Yuki Meow.

That was before, people change their minds all the time. :maybe

24. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Gratz Zeref! Hopefully I'll battle you next so I can take my well deserved revenge!

25. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

The battle is not over, AF, there are still more than two and a half days to pass.

Zeref is far from winning, as I'm still leaning towards the Pirate. Vote coming after sleep.

26. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Oh yea, I forgot. BUT HE SHALL PREVAIL!!!!!!!

27. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

The scans of fukuro using it on Natsu actually make it seem like its a remote controlled magic rather than an item. Strange, but thats what I'm seeing.

Anyways, might drop a vote in this one tomorrow. Depends how if I can internet long enough .

28. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

I would like to point out how large and vacant this town is, and how obvious it would be to spot any holes.

On Holes:

Their depth, and width and ability to traverse.

As we can see from the above scan, Virgo's holes are very narrow. Don't read that the wrong way. They're one person wide. Zeref assures this.

Now Virgo herself might be able to move freely in them, but can Lyon, or the other members? They have to shimmy and crawl. Even with a speed boost from Wendy Woo, they're mages, and not mole rats. Ice Guy might pull a Grey and be a naked non-mole rat, but he still not going to be popping freely between holes like Zeref wants him to. This makes them really easy targets.

If she's dragging him, the she herself has to exit the hole to pull him up, locate Erza (because they can't see through ground) and that's bad.

Depth:

As we can see from this scan, Virgo does not really make deep holes.

I would like voters to consider deep the holes and tunnels are supposed to be, and if cobblestone would really offer adequate protection from someone on Fairy Tail's #1 Team for Property Damage.

Now, if she does make them deep, they're going to be long straight lines. Tubes.

Any attack going into it will follow the straight line, and Icey will have to clear all the way down until he gets to a bend to escape the attack. And the attack is sharp and stabby. Stabby chasey tunnel escape mini-games will ensue.

29. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

I only read Pirate on wheels strategy and im already considering giving him the vote just becuase its hilarious and erza has a jet pack. But ill probably get voided so in half a year ill eventually read Zeref's strategy and make a proper vote.

30. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Your vote would be valid because Erza with a jetpack legitimately soloes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.