1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. We're discussing a possible merge of the Naruto and One Piece avenues into the Akihabara subforum.
    Go here for further info . Feel free to chime in and vote.
  3. Please vote in the cooking contest here!
  4. The signature rules have changed. Please, check them in this thread!
  5. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
    We're not yet aware of the means, but someone is taking over several accounts.
    Change your password as soon as possible, and use this to see how secure it is.
  6. [GAME] Join in on this fun game in the Chatterbox, click here for more info.
  7. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: here

Don't miss it.
  8. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.

Trial Tournament 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Magnolia Stadium' started by Atlantic Storm, Apr 24, 2013.

1. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Could somebody notify in the sign-up thread in 11 hours that the sign-up period has ended and that we enter the 24 period of modifying teams?

I have a Holiday, need to parteeeeh.

2. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

3. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Hmm... You guys are making me want to take a second look at my team.

4. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

So I think theres 16 teams. Should make the tournament easy to bracket.
    And all teams look legal. Though, I think Pirates team's 20 pointer will need to be randomized?

5. Juvia. Meow.

Idk, i did message him to put one down but it's to late now :(.

6. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

I'm pretty sure he did it intentionally. More or less just to let us see if Erza can solo the tournament regardless of her support.

7. Juvia. Meow.

I didn't know it was allowed.

8. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

I'll pick it for him. After all, I brought him here.

9. DookieMonster Just a fan

:) Let's just say you gave me some ideas.

10. JoJo Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting.
    Well if you don't than that's a bad idea. This whole tourny is about knowing the feats, powers, personalities, and knowledge of FT characters.

11. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

I thank Vasto for locking the sign ups and LPH for locking the editing period (and AS for locking the thread :p). Sorry, but I have been busy the past few days...

I quite like how this turned up. We could create a perfect roster with 16 people and I love how we have several new players joining the fray (including Azeruth, who I'm happy to see finally moved on to battling instead of just discussing/voting).

If anyone, non participating, would like to randomize match-ups (including locations) and send them to me, I'd be glad. Would do it myself if it was not for fairness and all.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  12. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

I really want to get this going on, so I randomized the battles myself, anyway.

Spoiler: Team List
    Atlas Flame
    Cobra [54]
    Fukurou [20]
    Warren [6]

Zeref
    Team Ice-make
    Lyon [42]
    Wendy [30]
    Duke Everlue [8]

JoJo
    Wendy [30]
    Ichiya [30]
    Fukurou [20]

Raijin Flare
    Bitch*s be playin'
    Freed [42]
    Bickslow [36]
    Ariana [2]

Space
    The Inhuman Duo
    Mirajane [60]
    Fukurou [20]

Final Giku Tenshou
    Team Dark Poison Dragon
    Cobra [54]
    Simon [24]
    Bisca [2]

LovePeaceandHope
    Stellar Destruction
    Lucy [42]
    Yukino [24]
    Kana [12]
    Lucy (Edolas) [2]

Melodie
    Hopefully I make it in time team

Sting [48]
    Yukino [24]
    Alzack [6]
    Bisca [4]

Superman
    Mirajane [60]
    Kamika [16]
    Lissanna [4]

General Mael Radec
    Team Afternoon
    Midnight [54]
    Yukino [24]
    Jet [2]

Mist Puppet
    Zancrow [54]
    Simon [24]

TheDestroyer

Team Fanservice
    Erza (Edolas) [54]
    Simon [24]
    Lucy (Edolas) [2]

The Pirate on Wheels

Team Erza
    Erza [60]
    Fukurou [20]

DookieMonster
    Oracion Dos
    Brain [48]
    Hoteye [30]
    Bisca [2]

Azeruth
    Gray [42]
    Erigor [30]
    Duke Everlue [8]

Hiruzen Sarutobi
    Ikaruga [48]
    Sherry [16]
    Kamika [16]​

ROUND ONE​

I
    5/3/2013

X
    Nirvana - Short

X
    Ruins of Brago - Short

X
    Magnolia Gildarts Edition - Long

II
    5/6/2013

X

Grimoire Heart Airship - Short

X
    Cait Shelter - Long

X
    Nirvana - Medium

III
    5/9/2013

X
    Magnolia Gildarts Edition - Short

X
    Tenrou Island Route C - Medium

__

@AS, could you edit this information in the op and could you please edit The Pirate on Wheels' 20-pointer in the team list once you selected one?

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  13. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Ohohoh, The Destroyer has a nice team, this will be interesting.

14. Azeruth TT3 Champion

You mean I have to wait until the 9th? GAAAAAAAAAAH....

15. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

16. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Sorry, Azeruth, but RNG is RNG.

I personally am most interested in... Well, my own battle of course. The fun thing about it is I will battle with JoJo, who has been looking for a rematch with me after since his defeat by my hands in the very first tournament.

17. Mist Puppet No Internet, No Problems Advisor

Hmmmm, Midnight. Looks like I have some reading to do.

18. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

I think I have an upper hand in my match.

19. Juvia. Meow.

So i'm fighting Erza at Long with full line of sight huh.

20. Azeruth TT3 Champion

I believe Atlantic will be picking the 20 pointer for your opponent, there are only 3 choices though, Yuka, Fukuro, or Bacchus and we've seen Erza/Bacchus before.

21. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

The Pirate on Wheels will be playing with Fukuro.

Also, I'm not going to be giving out any advice or answering questions for the duration of this tournament. First, it's too much effort and I'm lazy, and secondly, I don't think it's fair.

Spoiler: Team Ratings

Atlas Flame:
    I don't know how I feel about his team. You've certainly got excellent mobility in it, and some good attacking strength, but there's not really any synergy in it besides the obvious combination. Cobra is a pretty deadly opponent to fight against, and you've picked a prime time to use him in a tournament, but I don't see many options to be very creative here. The problem is, I think, that you've basically just picked a bunch of strong characters (except Warren) just because they're strong, without really putting too much thought into possible team chemistry. It's fine, depending on your play style, but it can also be a big mistake, under some circumstances.

I'm not sure what to make of your team, really. It's powerful, and has elements of brokenness in it, but it can still be defeated if it's lack of synergy is exploited and the right strategy is employed.

Attacking Power: 7
    Defensive Power: 3
    Mobility: 8
    Synergy: 3
    Creative Potential: 2
    Danger Rating: 7
    Overall Rating: 6

Zeref:
    This is a fairly well rounded team which has a lot of options as far as being creative goes. Your team isn't particularly excellent at anything, but it's good in just about everything. You've got a lot of options for attacks, and it's not like your team's offensive capability is weak or anything either, so that's good. As far as defensive spells go, Lyon provides a lot of options. Your weakest point, however, is definitely your mobility. Lyon doesn't really move around that much, and Wendy isn't that fast either... though, Duke Everlue does provide some leeway with this.

Lyon is an all round solid choice with good stats all the way round, and Wendy is pretty much the optimal support character who goes with everybody. Though, having said that, your team lacks a certain degree of 'brokenness', and I don't think it's particularly difficult to defeat either.

Defensive Power: 7
    Mobility: 4
    Synergy: 7
    Creative Potential: 10
    Danger Rating: 6
    Overall Rating: 7

JoJo:
    I'm not sure about this team either. Ichiya... is a fairly decent choice, I suppose. Very bizarre, and certainly not what I would have gone for, but then, I suppose this is a trial, and he hasn't been properly used before, so there's that.

As far as attacking power goes, you're decent. Ichiya packs the bigger punch and Fukurou is stronger than Wendy, but the fact that they are pretty much limited to close range combat leads me to believe Wendy will be much more valuable as an attacking player and a supporting player. My advice would be to not put too much pressure on her all at once, as is often the case with support types like her, and to play with your strengths. In the way of being defend yourself goes, you don't have a whole lot of options, but on the plus side, you have good 'staying' power due to Wendy and Ichiya's abilities. Your mobility, frankly speaking, is kind of terrible, bar Fukurou.

You've picked a good structure for your team, in terms of point distribution, but I can't help but feel that you've picked some weird characters.

Attacking Power: 6
    Mobility: 3
    Synergy: 6
    Creative Potential: 6
    Rating Rating: 6
    Overall Rating: 5

Raijin Flare:
    I like your team, and it might possibly be one of the most balanced around, to be honest. Offensively, it's quite strong, and while it may be lacking slightly in terms of options for defense, your superb mobility more than makes up for it. The fact that you've picked Freed and Bickslow (two very rarely used characters) makes me happy, for both the aforementioned reason, and the fact that they should definitely have some excellent teamwork and chemistry with each other.

Bickslow's dolls also leave some room for getting creative as well, assuming you want to try and take the risk. As far as being dangerous goes, you're slightly lacking, but it's still a dangerous team.

Attacking Power: 8
    Defensive Power: 5
    Mobility: 10
    Creative Potential: 7
    Overall Rating: 8

Space:
    A two character team is pretty rare, and kind of risky, but you've picked two very strong characters, so maybe it's not that bad. Mirajane is probably the most destructive character on the tier list, potentially, including even Azuma (due to his restrictions), so your attacking power is most definitely high. Though, the problem with that is, you've sacrificed a lot of defense, and you basically have no way to defend yourself whatsoever, which... kind of sucks. But, assuming you can pull out a decisive enough victory with your nuke character (which you can easily do, against some teams with lower defense ratings), that shouldn't even be relevant.

You've got excellent mobility, but your synergy is almost nonexistent and you have very little - if any - room for creative potential (or maybe you can surprise me). It's a fairly solid team and definitely not one I would like to face, but I don't particularly like it.

Attacking Power: 10
    Defensive Power: 2
    Creative Potential: 3
    Danger Rating: 10

Final Giku Tenshou:
    I would not like to face your team in a match, to be honest. Cobra and Simon is a match made in Hell, or Heaven (depending on how you see things), and I'm all too familiar with your style of having quick decisive victories (since I used a very similar team before).

Having said that, though, your team isn't particularly great with attacking power, defensive power or mobility. But given your choice of characters, I'd hardly think defensive power really all that matters to you, and Cobra's attacking power is more of a long term thing anyhow. As far as synergy goes, your team is pretty good, but there's not much creativity that can be used here.

Mobility: 5
    Synergy: 8
    Creative Potential: 1

LovePeaceandHope:
    Decent team, and the the choice of characters made here was quite sly on your part, given the recent feats of your two lead characters. Your destructive power isn't bad, but it's not excellent either; a lot of it is dependent on Lucy's Aquarius summon, meaning a location without water could be troublesome. Though, you have Cana in your team also, which could potentially fix that issue, but that's assuming she doesn't get killed. Your defensive power isn't fantastic either. A strong enough attack could probably plow through most defenses you put up, but then, stuff like 'raw' offense or defense clearly isn't the aim of your team, so much as synergy and creative potential, which you have a lot of.

You have decent enough mobility as well, thanks to the likes of Virgo.

Defensive Power: 4
    Creative Potential: 8
    Danger Rating: 4

Melodie:
    It's a fairly decent team, I guess. Sting is a Dragon Slayer, which obviously provides a lot of starting attacking strength, though your team is missing a lot of defense and mobility. There is the fact that Sting can go underground, but it's still quite obviously not going to be as good as a summon or character whose specialty is digging. You've gone for an all out offense team, like you did in the previous tournament, though you haven't gone for the super heavy hitter/support combination like a few others have, which is good, since I don't like those teams.

Sting and Yukino were former Guild team mates, and Alzack/Bisca are also team mates, so the synergy should be good to. I like what you've done there.

Defensive Power: 2
    Danger Rating: 6

Superman:
    When I look at your team, and then your match, I breathe out a big sigh of disappointment. Your team is actually very good, and pretty much has everything. Mirajane is one of the heaviest hitters on the tier list - moreso than Azuma - and while your defensive power is virtually nonexistent, you have a lot of mobility, synergy as well as creative potential, which is rare for a team which boasts a high tier. Not only that, but your danger rating is also going to be high because.. well, Mirajane, as well as Kamika, given her abilities and how little knowledge people have of her.

You could have done so well with this team, and it's a shame to see that you lost, despite this being one of my favourite teams in the tournament.

Defensive Power: 4
    Overall Rating: 9

General Mael Radec:
    Good team. Unlike a lot of the other teams, it looks like you've gone for a very defense heavy option by buying Midnight. None of your team members are particularly strong, so your attacking power is slightly low, but Midnight pretty much offers the premiere defense of the tier list due to her reflector magic, so you're in luck there. As far as mobility and creativity goes... well, you have some options, but I'm not going to say them, though there's already a hint as to what it is in this very paragraph.

Your team has some decent enough synergy, and given the element of Midnight, I'd be inclined to say that it's a fairly dangerous team. Moreso at short distance.

Attacking Power: 5
    Defensive Power: 10

I'll do the rest, and an explanation of what each thing means, later.

22. Superman Man of Steel

LovePeaceandHope huh? He is always trouble.

23. Big Mom The Sweet Tooth Yonkou

24. JoJo Well-Known Member

Was our battle randomized? Or did you do this one on purpose? Not that I'm complaining but I'll be looking forward to our rematch. And wasn't it in the exact same place and distance?
    Honestly though, I think you put the Creative Potential pretty low. Not like I'm gonna elaborate on my plans. lol

25. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

It was randomized, but I'm glad it was. Now that you're saying it, it indeed is the exact same place (don't know about distance though).

It's almost the perfect rematch :amazed

26. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

What bad luck, the first match no doubt. :cry

27. JoJo Well-Known Member

This is gonna be fun.

Not for you though. :LOS

28. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

FGT and Dookies match interests me the most.

Melodie/HS and RF/Azeureth could also be pretty good

29. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

See, JoJo, even LPH doesn't think our match is interesting because I'm obviously gonna stomp you :maybe

30. JoJo Well-Known Member

What ever helps you sleep at night. :distracted

Honestly though I have a couple bizarre strats in mind and I'm not sure how they're gonna work out. :psyduck

31. Final Giku Tenshou Done with Naruto

Oh let me just check the team of the opponent I'm facin-

>Brain
    >Hoteye
    >Distance: Short

X

32. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

First three matches have started. All participants have 48 hours to come up with their strategies.

I

X
    Nirvana - Short

X
    Ruins of Brago - Short

X

33. Melodie ̣

Oh well, I got some plans already.

34. JoJo Well-Known Member

So do I. Not sure which one to go with though.

35. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

The first batch of round one matches has ended and the second batch has started. Participants have 48 hours to post their strategies.

I

X [3-0]
    Nirvana - Short

X [0-3]
    Ruins of Brago - Short

X [4-0]

II

X

X
    Cait Shelter - Long

X
    Nirvana - Medium

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  36. Mist Puppet No Internet, No Problems Advisor

so where's the rest of those team analysis thingies AS (you honker)

37. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

38. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

I desire my team and Fairy Tail player rating.

39. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

As much I want to, I can't start matches from my phone, especially not when I am busy.

Would anyone care to start new matches around 4:30 PM GMT (in less than 3 hours)?

Otherwise the last batch of round 1 matches will start a little later.

40. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Nevermind. I'll make it.

41. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Next batch has started.

II

X[/U] [1-2]

X [2-0]
    Cait Shelter - Long

X [2-0]
    Nirvana - Medium

III

X

X
    Tenrou Island Route C - Medium[/CENTER]

42. Juvia. Meow.

So for the next matches is it random again or is there another way your putting it?

43. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Yup, in every round the matches will be randomized.

44. Juvia. Meow.

Ahh good good, i hope i don't get put up against Mira or Cobra, they are bad matches for me, but against each other lol Cobra losses.

45. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

46. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Sorry about not voting guys. My internets actually functional atm, so hopefully I'll be able to in this next batch.

47. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Cheering for Space because he has the only team that canon can rival mine. Erza>=Mirajane Manga canon.

48. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Updated my initial ratings post. Ran out of room, so here's the rest:

Spoiler:
    Mist Puppet:
    Another nuke team, going for the same formula I went for last tournament, and the one Giku is going for in this one, with a heavy hitter/Simon team. Obviously, you have Zancrow, so your attacking power is going to be very high, since I consider his attacking strength on par with the 60 point characters, and though your defense is lacking, your team is obviously one which goes for a quick, decisive victory rather than a battle of attrition or anything.

You don't really have fantastic mobility or creative potential with a two character team, but I suppose you've got some synergy given the nature of your team.

Creative Potential: 4

TheDestroyer:
    You've gone for the heavy hitter/Simon option as well, apparently. Though, unlike Mist Puppet, you haven't entirely foregone mobility or creative potential, since Edolas Erza does provide a few options. Obviously, she matched Erza, so she'll hit very hard, and while her defensive power isn't that great, these nuke teams don't seem to really care for that, so... yeah.

Creative Potential: 4

The Pirate on Wheels:
    I made this team, so it's obviously the best.

(Serious ratings)
    Defensive Power: 8
    Mobility: 8
    Overall Rating: 10

DookieMonster:
    I really like this team, and it may be one of my favourites. It's very well rounded, and bar Bisca, you have pretty good synergy with your team members. Brain offers good attacking power with his spells as well as range. Not only that, but he has Archive, so there's a lot of knowledge to be gained from him as well. Hoteye offers defensive ability as well as potentially mobility and there's a lot of options you could have here. Not only that, but your team is also one of the few with a tracker as well, which gives you bonus points from me.

It isn't very dangerous, per se, since it doesn't really boast the same 'brokeness' as the nuke and top tier teams, but it's a good solid formation of characters, and not one I'd like to face... especially at a short distance.

Mobility: 7
    Creative Potential: 8
    Danger Rating: 8

Azeruth:
    Solid team from you too, as expected. It's well rounded, though not especially good in either attack or defense (Gray is versatile, but his attacking and defensive spells aren't particularly excellent), though that can be solved if you're a bit creative about it. However, thanks to Erigor, it has excellent mobility, due to flight abilities, and given the nature of Gray's and Erigor's characters, there's a lot of chances to be creative here as well. As far as synergy goes, again, both Gray and Erigor are characters who mix well with just about any characters.

But, like Dookie's team, it lacks a danger element. It's definitely a fun team, and with a good strategist (which I believe you may be), can potentially be deadly. Though, on it's own, it's not quite as lethal or immediately broken as the others.

Synergy: 9
    Creative Potential: 10

Hiruzen Sarutobi:
    Structurally, it's a good enough team, and has good attacking power (Ikaruga), defensive options (Sherry) and mobility (Kamika). It's a good counter against most Stellar Spirit teams, due to Sherry's abilities and Ikaruga's sheer power (most spirits are quite flimsy). Though, I don't see much synergy here, nor creative potential, and while it's definitely a pretty dangerous team, that only applies when it's at short distance.

Defensive Power: 8
    Mobility: 7
    Creative Potential: 3
    Overall Rating: 5

49. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Thanks, Zeref, for closing the last matches. I'm afraid I was too busy, even too busy to ask someone else this time. Anyhow, now that the last round 1 matches have ended, let's move on to round 2!

ROUND ONE RESULTS
    Spoiler:

I

X [3-0]
    Nirvana - Short

X [0-3]
    Ruins of Brago - Short

X [4-0]

II

X [1-2]

X [2-0]
    Cait Shelter - Long

X [2-0]
    Nirvana - Medium

III

X [0-2]

X [1-0]
    Tenrou Island Route C - Medium

ROUND TWO

I
    5/14/2013

X
    Sky Labyrinth - Medium

X
    Mt. Hakobe - Long

II
    5/17/2013

X
    Magnolia Station - Medium

X
    Balsam Town - Short

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  50. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Oh I'm against LPH? Awesome! Been fun being in the tournament.