1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Toguro vs. Frieza

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Uncle Phantom, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Uncle Phantom Fuck a custom title

Who was the better villain?

2. ctype Banned

Depends on what you mean by "villain". I'd go as far as to say that the only people Toguro specifically killed were assholes. Frieza, imo, unless you feel very sympathetic towards the Spirit Fighters/30-or-so DT spectators.

3. Jane Ghost in the Mist

Certainly Toguro.

4. OS The Entity

Toguro imo. Friezas good but Toguro had something. Probably the muscles on top of muscles.

5. ChaosTheory123 Bored with This

Depends on what you're looking for in a villain I guess.

Both were pretty well done in their respective series.

Toss up for me I guess. Frieza is probably more classic though.

6. Colonel Awesome Lol

7. Engix Active Member

Eh Frieza was more my type of villian, ill pick him.

8. Siesta 410 Yonichimaru

9. Majinvergil Majin Leader

10. Lee-Sensei The Clown Prince of Crime

Frieza was a complete monster, while Toguro had a Freudian excuse and he only killed jerkasses and complete monsters. So I'll go with Frieza.

11. AceDick Truffle Shuffle

Frieza is better

12. Gomu Active Member

Toguro. I have sentiments towards him at the end of the battle with Yusuke, all he really wanted was a strong opponent and never actually killed anyone, even when he could have. Dude also showed more badass characteristics than Frieza who was really just a sadist little bitch. Don't get me wrong, he is a good villain, but I love Toguro Jr. Better.

So yeah, Toguro takes better villain status.

13. Sol_Blackguy The White Void

As much as I like Toguro (Second Favorite YYH character) he really wasn't what you would call a "villain". while Freiza was a freakin monster :amazed

Toguro kinda reminded me of Akuma. He wanted to fight stronger opponents and he will do anything to get what he wants.

14. bitethedust Transient guest

Frieza, because he killed Krillin...again, and everybody who kills Krillin is an amazing villian in my opinion.

15. Superrazien Former Wank-Nova 10

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to9p_Cz7udY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    2:00=Frieza

16. The810kid Active Member

just because Toguro had honor and some morals doesn't mean he wasn't a villain. He pretty much sold his soul for power and extended youth at the cost of humanity, love and did demon hits. He has a sad backstory but not over the top like many shonen villains today it was believable. He doesn't reform but has redeeming qualities and in the end he took his puinishment like a man. His character was complex and he isn't sterotypical badass he just is I take him over any DBZ villain.

17. Darth Nihilus Super Saiyan Black

Overall? Freeza. Real villains have no honor :maybe

18. Dandy Elegance Banned

Frieza? Stereotypical badass?

Someone show this fucker the door.

19. Gomu Active Member

That's why they die horrible ironic deaths in the end of most genre, no honor means karma fucks you over. It's that simple.

20. Sol_Blackguy The White Void

These 2 villain are much better villains than this one

Spoiler:
    X

21. Lee-Sensei The Clown Prince of Crime

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewhnrBJWcus[/YOUTUBE]

Creeps me right the f**k out.

22. Markness Lord of Obsessed

Freeza was certainly more sadistic but Toguro atleast had more introspective reasons for his actions while Freeza simply enjoyed stomping the weak.

23. The810kid Active Member

I never said Frieza was stereotypical

24. Dandy Elegance Banned

You sure made it sound like he was.

25. Lee-Sensei The Clown Prince of Crime

They should have gone a little further into Frieza's backstory. From his reactions with King Cold, it seemed like he was trying to please his dad.

26. AceDick Truffle Shuffle

Kira Yoshikage is the best villain. Poor guy, all he wants is to be left alone.

27. The810kid Active Member

I meant to steroetypuical badasses in numerous fictions. Off first glance Toguro could be viewed in that light big muscular strong guy with shades. But the guy had depth he just wasn't some meat head. He's an example of a character that pulls badassness off with out trying to be. So no i don't think Freiza was a forced badass if I would accuse any DBZ character of this it'd be Vegeta.

28. Cableguy15 Retired

I sometimes wonder if they were even trying to be funny there. Sure, it's a different take on "My Favorite Things", but that doesn't mean it's a parody. Seems like something that'd go great in a horror movie. Maybe it was unintentional on their part, but it was still brilliant.

As for who I prefer as a villain... well, I'll use the word antagonist since that fits Toguro more. It depends on the version.

I would say anime subbed Freeza is by far the best though. First, there's his Voice Actor, who just manages to provide this voice that somehow portrays Freeza's character type so perfectly. He's got that elegant stuck up rich guy feel to him, yet when the situation changes, he can also sound worked up and panicked. Then there's his menacing laugh.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv-3q2fs5PI[/YOUTUBE]

At the beginning of the above video. The anime also goes further into detail about how he's basically tortured Vegeta mentally all of his life, his overall fear of Saiyans, and just plain portrays him better. For instance, the manga's depiction of his fight with Goku at 100% is extremely short (As a 5 minute fight should be), while in the anime he puts up much more of a fight before finally losing his power. While filler is usually considered the bane of DB fans, the Freeza saga actually did good things with it and made the final battle much more intense than it originally was.

29. Crimson Dragoon King of the Seven Seas

there's a reason I wore a Freeza set for more than two months

that's all I'll say

30. The810kid Active Member

31. Uncle Phantom Fuck a custom title

it would have been epic had Frieza really sung that. It's genius lol

32. Tenchi Muyo Member

Lol, I see what you did there -_-

Both were good, but Frieza is like a All Time Great Hall of Fame villain while Toguro is just a Hall of Fame villain.

33. The810kid Active Member

off Topic but Little Kuriboh is doing a great job capturing the essence of Freeza so far in 1st and 2nd forms.

34. Lee-Sensei The Clown Prince of Crime

I'm wondering if anyone got my TFS reference that went with the video.:hmm

It was probably deliberate. It was funny to me, but maybe they were trying to compare him to the Nazis? I don't know. It was hilarious either way.

It would've been epic.:lmao

Anyways, Piccolo commited genocide and almost did it again with the Saiyans. He headed an organization that commited genocide, destroyed planets, and was all around evil.

35. The810kid Active Member

So who all thinks Freiza was best Dragonball/Z Villain. I was a bit partial to Cell myself. As for YYH Sensui was easily the best Villain for me.

36. Sol_Blackguy The White Void

For me Its a tie between Freiza and King Piccolo. Cell was alright and I didn't like Buu.

I agree about Sensui being easily the best YYH Villain

37. Lee-Sensei The Clown Prince of Crime

Personally, I like Tao Pai Pai more.

38. Dandy Elegance Banned

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. I agree.

39. God Movement Admanistrator

Toguro is one of my all time favourites. But Freeza IS my favourite. Gotta go with Freeza.

40. Basilikos Moving on with life

Toguro had more depth to his character and backstory. He's the better villain IMO.

41. Devil Kings Might Controls Everything.

[QUOTEToguro kinda reminded me of Akuma. He wanted to fight stronger opponents and he will do anything to get what he wants.[/QUOTE]

You seriously thinks Akuma's not an evil bastard. He killed his own master Goutetsu with the Shun Goku Satsu just to improved his art, then he went on to kill his own brother.

The only reason Gouken didn't die was because he used the nothingness and that renders the Shun Goku Satsu useless against him, and instead if being dead, it just put him in a coma.

42. Dandy Elegance Banned

43. cnorwood Active Member

Freiza by far, but dont take anything away from Toguro.
    -Freiza is just a sadistic fuck, who also controls hella planets and is pretty much the biggest mobster in the north galaxy. His greatness comes from his power and he pretty much changes the tone of the Freiza saga.

Before Frieza stepped in to fight, the Frieza saga looked pretty optimistic for the Z senshi. Vegeta was whoopin ass and running through all his men. then he shits his pants for the Ginyu force then he gets his shit kicked in by Recoome, mind that this is AFTER he lolstomped Friezas left and right hand man. Goku comes in and clears the Ginyu force, making you think the savior who will beat Frieza has arrived.

Then Frieza fights Nail, and he (IIRC) talks about his power level, which shows that he could lolstomp every person who has ever trown a punch in that saga at the same time.

And then starts his reign of hopelessness. Vegeta matches Frieza, Frieza Transforms and rapes everyone till Piccolo comes. Piccolo later gets raped and Frieza tansforms for the lulz. Freiza MAKES VEGETA CRY for feeling so worthless. Goku shows up and Frieza kills Vegeta without batting an eye. Goku at his strongest wasnt even a match for 50% Freiza. Then after his last hope (genki dama) fails. He murders Kuririn, tries to kill piccolo, just to show Goku how worthless he is. That turns the kind hearted Goku who never really hates anyone into the fierce Super Saiyan of legend. He gets his ass kicked and even begs for his life, just to have one more shot at Goku.

Please dont get me wrong Toguro was a good villian for Yusuke, but he didnt even kill Kuwabara. Frieza wouldve beat Yusuke near death, then chopped off Kuwabaras head just for the lulz

44. Gomu Active Member

You seriously thinks Akuma's not an evil bastard. He killed his own master Goutetsu with the Shun Goku Satsu just to improved his art, then he went on to kill his own brother.

The only reason Gouken didn't die was because he used the nothingness and that renders the Shun Goku Satsu useless against him, and instead if being dead, it just put him in a coma.[/QUOTE]

He's not a bastard. he killed his brother because he was a worthy opponent. Also, Gouki only attacks people that disturb his training since he is a "blood knight". He sinks a submarine underground, splits ayers rock and blows away trees. Meaning, just make a Akuma report like how they do the Zebra report off Toriko and you'll survive.

"We can't go there this year kids, Akuma is said to roam there, if you see anything glowing a bright purple color, you run for your fucking lives, got it..."

"Yes father."

"Good, now lets make burritos..."

And then that's how no one dies that doesn't need to.

Now Oni is a bastard. Oni fucking erupts volcanoes and survives them like no ones business. That's the true badass prick.

And again I say Toguro.

45. Basilikos Moving on with life

You like Frieza better simply because he was a much bigger prick than Toguro? :huh

46. cnorwood Active Member

considering this is about who is the better villian. Sadistic prick>Guy who really isnt a villian he was just the precursor to the main characters real power up.

47. Francesco. Icon lover

Toguro is the better villain IMHO.

48. Gomu Active Member

Then you have a fucked up way of thinking. You don't gotta be a prick to be a villain. It's just what's shown the most in media, those who are pricks aren't always evil.

49. cnorwood Active Member

all Toguro wanted to do is raise Yusuke to a level where he could finally have a good battle and not just overwhelm opponents, hes not even a villian, hes more of a rival.

50. Azrael Finalstar The Corrupted Shadow

Freeza, easily. And while i think Freeza is a better character, i actually prefer Cell. I find Cell pretty fucking scary.