1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Tobi vs Konan: possible implication about Minato

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by Jinnobi, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Jinnobi Banned

Typically, when major characters fight they are placed against opponents in their "league." For example, Hebi Sasuke fought Deidara, while MS Sasuke fought Danzo. Its normal that battles are constructed so that one side doesn't get stomped.

Tobi vs Konan is -at least for now- implying that Konan can hold her own against Tobi. Well, this is the same Konan who was one-shot by Jiraiya. One. Shot. By. Oil.

Yeah.

Tobi is said to be a shell of his former self, meaning he's a weak-ass. Well, people still seem to think that Tobi is somehow "the most powerful Uchiha," or something of that sort. Which is ridiculous.

So if Konan and Tobi are in the same "tier" (at least until Tobi becomes complete) then Minato's feats against Tobi suddenly become a lot less impressive.

2. Qhorin Halfhand Strongest Man in All of China

I was expecting more from the title, alas, this thread is about bad fanboy comparisons.

3. Melas Active Member

That's a big if, but sure it would undermine Minato's feat to some extent, along with making Naruto, Sasuke and Itachi even less impressive for not being able to do anything to Madara.

4. Jinnobi Banned

...but if I was wanking Minato you'd love it.

Please explain how my line of reasoning isn't logically sound.

IF Tobi and Konan are same teir
    IF Konan was one-shot by Jiraiya
    IF Minato forced "Konan-tier" Tobi to retreat
    THEN Minato's feat loses impact

You're forgetting that Tobi can make himself intangible, and Itachi was a pacifist.

5. Bild  

LOL, no. :geg

Jiraiya one-shotted Konan because he exploited the weakness in her paper-based Jutsu. He was her sensei for 3 years, naturally he knew how to fight against his students; Nagato is the exception since he had the Rinnegan (i.e. all Jutsu), so he was a wild card to begin with. It's like saying Jiraiya is weak or his feat less impressive if he were to be one-shotted by strong Genjutsu, despite Genjutsu -- by Jiraiya's own admission -- being his weakness.

So, no. Konan getting beaten by means of her weakness does not diminish her. Whether she'll be able to put up a fight against Madara is to be seen.

P.S.: Also, for the nth time, "A > B and B > C, thus A > C" doesn't apply...

6. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

*sigh* no, there are no implications about Minato no matter what Konan does.

Konan has known Madara for years, she has plenty of foreknowledge about his skills and she even had ample preptime to choose a suitable location and think about potential strategies, she is fit and rested and she has no hostages to think of.

Minato didn't know anything about his opponent, while Madara knew quite a bit, Madara was the one who had the preptime who had thought about the strategies beforehand, he had already spent a decent amount of his chakra just to keep the seal shut during Kushina's labour and he had not just Naruto and Kushina as baggage he also had to hurry so he could deal with the Kyuubi.

Nothing Konan does will cheapen Minato's achievement in the least.

7. Deshi Basara OUT FOR A FEW WEEKS, SEE YA

So can Konan :p

8. Melas Active Member

Did he not have the ability to become intangible against Minato?

Are you implying that Itachi could defeat Madara and simply decided not to?

9. WraithX959 I hate stupid people

Sexist thread is sexist.

10. L. Messi [✔] Visca Bar?a

Good thread but Tobi isn't the strongest Uchiha. Itachi said "... now, he's only a pathetic loser and a defeated dog. He's not worthy of being considered as the strongest Uchiha ANYMORE.

Now... when Itachi said that, only Madara, Itachi himself and Sasuke was alive. So if Itachi said that Madara isn't... it meant Itachi was, no? :gar

unless you think Hebi Sasuke was stronger than Itachi at that point, lul.

11. Senjuclan Mori No Senju Ichizoku

Itachi fought Deidara, so Itachi is in the same league as Deidara
    Deidara fought Hebi Sasuke, so Deidara is in the same league as Sasuke and Itachi
    Hebi Sasuke one-shotted Sai with genjutsu, so Sai is in the same Sasuke, Deidara and Itachi
    Sakura fought Sai, so she is in the same league as Sai, Sasuke, Deidara and Itachi

Jeez, I always knew Itachi was not better than Sakura!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you see how imbecilic this is?

12. Loltoomuch Member

Sasuke fought bee, he got destroyed. facing someone doesnt mean they have to be in each others league.

13. Wez ★

Wow. Just, wow.

14. SpitFire Badassery at its Finest

Good try, Jinnobi, Good try.. Valiant effort!

15. GangWarlord Active Member

We already know that "Madara" is much weaker than his former self or whatever. From what we've seen so far, all he's got is teleportation, suction, and enhanced strength (presumably bionic). I think it's almost safe to say he is what he seems to be: A weakened old man, although still high-tier.

Anyway, why do you guys care so much about feats? You treat everything like the Battledome, when you should just be enjoying the story. Although I will admit it's pretty damn hard to enjoy at this point.

16. Arsecynic New Member

You're a fool. Madara may have displayed no offensive jutsu but who's going to land a hit on him? You have to have crazy speed (Minato, RM Naruto, Raikage level speed), or an instantaneous jutsu that requires no prep time (Ameratsu) to hurt Madara, or else it's just a game of who can last longer, or if you're stupid enough to charge at Madara, then how long will it take for him to warp you away. Plus the fact that he can replace body parts (most liekly due to Zetsu). He is "a shell of his former self" because he for some unknown reason can't use any offensive jutsus, but he has the best defense in the whole manga. He is extremely hard to land a hit on, and even so, he can tank some pretty powerful shit (still alive after getting roflpwned by Hashirama, tanking a med-large rasengan to the spine). Don't underestimate him. And without plot shield, or time wasting, Madara should dispose of Konan quickly by warping her away and keeping her in limbo, not killing her, but imprisoning her.

17. Sniffers Ninja dogs ftw!

I'm pretty sure that Minato > Konan. If Konan puts up a good fight than that only emphasises Minato's statement: "You need a special set of skills to face him [Madara]."

Minato had a good counter with Hiraishin and Konan may be difficult to warp when she scatters into paper. So to me it would just mean that Konan has the right skills if she manages to give Madara a decent fight, not put her on Minato's level.

But let's wait what happens first. For all we know she gets roflstomped. [Though I doubt that. I want mah cloakless Konan. :pek]

18. E Active Member

madara's gonna get raped fucking hard but just in time to use the uchiha art of run with the rinnegan and stuff

itachi was right, this madara is trash at this point

19. dungsi27 dung si diet muoi

Based on what she said,Im sure she already expected Madara to come and already had some preparation.

What do you think Madara's fate would have been had Minato known he was coming?

Just wait and see,Im sure Konan will amaze us all.

20. Smiley Banned

Such a pathetic attempt.