1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Attention!
    Have some bad ideas? This is your chance!
    Send them to Xiammes! Maybe a winner will receive something. I don't know. Don't quote me on that.

The Supernovas are the gift that keeps on giving

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Dragon D. Luffy, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Dragon D. Luffy You can only cry when it's all over.

Law stuck around for 2 arcs and was one of the most badass characters to ever appear in this manga, giving us moments like his victory over Smoker, the one over Vergo, and a pretty good flashback.

Now he left and we get Capone, which looked like a sell-out at first, but now is a crazy troll who wants to kill yonkou for fun, makes crazy plans that might as well work somehow, forces pirates to wear suits when talking to him, and is also the best daddy in the world.

Urouge hasn't appeared in-panel much but his legendary feats, real or meme, are known to all of us.

The others are yet to do anything major. Because they haven't been given the chance yet. Does anybody doubt that, when the time comes, Kidd, Drake, Killer, Hawkins, Apoo and Bonnie will deliver? I don't.

Thanks, Oda.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Vengarl Maniac fan club

There's more Urouge to come, just wait. Bonney has a huge secret behind her and the rest have a big part to play against Kaido or even Blackbeard.

3. White Hawk Charismatic Awesome

Oda wins yet again.He's the only mangaka in history to create so many awesome group of characters.So much win for him and the loyal fans like us,it's getting tiresome.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

As soon as Oda had Urouge named as the Supernova who did best against Big Mom, plus having him as this casual witness to Kaido jumping, we knew meme magic was real once again. Urouge will be GOAT for real.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. ElementalShinobi Is Having a Raging Clue

Like I always say. Sabaody was the best arc in the manga's history because it CHANGED THE TRAJECTORY OF THE ENTIRE MANGA. Introducing the SN's made the One Piece world even bigger and grander and opened up so many other storylines.

6. TheOmega Real Nigga

7. Brook Well-Known Member

The supernovas have really proven to be relevant and great characters indeed. Watch even Bonney be cool in the future. :datass

8. Luke &#32

I think the SNs are some of the absolute best characters Oda has come up with. It's really cool he's not making any of them irrelevant, makes the story a lot more interesting.

I can't wait to see Drake and Urouge in action. I've always said those two are among the strongest of the group.

9. Go D. Usopp Go D. Usopp > Gol D. Roger

meanwhile Marco gets overwhelming defeats :hestonpls

Also w8 till you see the godnova Usopp and the supernova Zoro

10. TheOmega Real Nigga

Bonney been cool. She can change age and she blitzed Zoro

11. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

yeah that's the beauty of having a good editor.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. TheOmega Real Nigga

Editors? Fuck you mean? I'm the one who told Oda to do that shit *_*

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. White Wolf Butcher of Blaviken

I still say the WB pirates were just plot food to progress Luffy, a lot more so than other characters. Ace - sacrifices, WB -- sacrificed, Marco --- gonna be sacrificed, Allied pirates ---- big time sacrifice to Weevil of all people.

Supernovas tho are more relevant, Kidd came in strong at SA but after his face stomp from Kaido he's dropped a bit, but I figure he'll get his revenge with Luffy during Wano arc.

14. Gyro Go! Go! Zeppeli Moderator

Yes and no

I love most of the Supernovae so I'm glad he's going this route but it feels like the Strawhats get shafted in the process. At least they did in Punk Hazard and Dressrosa

15. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

I like law urouge and bonney. The rest of them i was sure they would be rivals. They seem more like allies which i dont care for. Overall i like them but they seem like they're stagnant.

I know drake has a plan and Kidd should be a decent rival. Thiugh my guess is they will both be saved by luffy. My hope is Law and Bonney join the crew. Kidd escapes and kills an admiral. Urouge gets Enel and becomes a true rival to Luffy. Fanfic galore.

16. xmysticgohanx Zoro > Law; Future Trunks > SSJ god Goku

17. Vongola King The King

it's kind of amazing when you think about it. if that one editor didn't tell oda to fill the otherwise too empty SA arc then everything would be drastically different now.

18. Pocalypse Return of the God

Bonney interests me the most out of all of them because she's a complete mystery right now and her DF is the most essential one.

Kidd and Drake are next in line.

Likes of Basil, Hawkins and Apoo don't do anything for me, at all really but then again Capone was in the same band as these guys so I'm keeping my expectations low for them 3 and hope to be surprised.

19. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

the fact that her escaping made akainu's heart skip a beat is something else.

20. mayday123 My username sucks

Doubt it. I think Oda always meant to introduce them, but the editor's push made him do it earlier. They were probably meant to be introduced post-skip as the super rookies that started to fuck shit up after WB's death. They have way too much thematic and story relevance to be something that Oda came up with on the spur of the moment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  21. Freechoice Freechoice

22. Admiral Kizaru One Piece Expert

Yeah I think this is pretty much the case. It's a zero sum game as there's only so much time Oda can devote to developing characters; arcs are already getting longer and more bloated than they've been at any point in the series.

I don't necessarily mind it when the SH's get shafted at the expense of the SN's as they're cool & interesting characters with major plot relevance however it's intolerable when they get shafted for less important side characters, e.g. Rebecca, Sai etc etc ......... it's one of the things that made the second half of DR so appalling.

It's the truth tbh tbf. :lbj

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM