1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR, PSOTW MIRROR
  3. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

The Sannin vs. Hanzo

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by On and On, Jan 29, 2009.

1. On and On &#32

Was this story ever developed past the flashback sequence?

It'd be a great gaiden tale.

2. SharinganSasori Prodigy Student Of Itachi.

no it wasn't and to be honest I'd love to see this fight played out. I doubt kishi will ever do it tho

3. Infinite Xero I/O

There could have been multiple good Gaiden's for Kishi to do, but I doubt he will do them. He could the Kyuubi Vs. Minato, Sannin Vs. Hanzo, Pain Vs. Hanzo, Shodai Vs. Madara, and etc.

4. Saint Jimmy Follow cats, they party hard!!

*thinking of those epic battle...falls on ground seizuring*

5. Summoner サマーナル

The Sannin would most likely take Hanzou in a battle if they were to fight, however Hanzou could still defeat any one of the sannin individually.

6. blackshikamaru I'm retarded, ignore me.

Hanzou was only there to show how strong pain was. I wouldn't want to see an arc about that battle.

7. Whip Whirlwind Active Member

Shodai vs. madara would be great to see. as well as kyuubi vs. minato.

8. Daxcheese Active Member

Well duh, the most hyped character after Pain in this manga, versus the three shinobi that are the standard to be compared against at super kage level. Sure they wouldnt have the same powers they had more currently in the manga, but just to see them fight together and the character development (remember they were all different back then) would be better than most stuff the manga can bring out at present.

Sannin vs Hanzou I feel would surpass the craziness of Yondaime vs Kyuubi or Madara vs Shodai, if only cuz there are 4 characters showing their moves (hence more variety) and also cuz it could carry symbolism for Team 7 (neo-sannin). But I really doubt Kishi would do that .....

9. MDave Jack of all trades. Master of all.

I wonder if Naruto could take Hanzo on in a fight.

10. Ephemere bored

Kishi has a lot of Gaidens on his should be done list :pek

11. Federer Active Member

Why not? I think that even Jiraiya in Hermit Mode who took on Pain can defeat Hanzo.

12. TheGreen1 Weilds Dongle of Death

Well, if it's now the Sannin in their latest forms before dying, Hanzo has little chance of victory in my opinion. I concur with Sabakukyu, Jiraiya with Sage Mode would be able to take on Hanzo himself.

13. Ninja Shadow Warrior URA Donkey Punch

Why? We have no idea of who to compare him to. Not as Strong as Pein, but stronger than the sannin years ago.

If Jiraiya could take him now, doesn't that mean he is stronger than all 3 sannin combined?? (when they were young) He might be, but we just have nothing to compare the young Jiraiya and the Late Jiraiya.

All we know about Hanzo is he is a strong mofo that even the Elder Jiraiya thought to be unbeatable by any one man.

14. Daxcheese Active Member

I dont think Jiraiya could, and I dont think Naruto could. If you become an instant legend for surviving against the dude, I think this guy was on another level.

15. Dante on duty

Hanzo can defeat the sannin individually but not the 3 together they become much more stronger

16. Dante on duty

and yea i really wanna see this battle also madara vs the first hokage and minato vs the fox

17. Creator ♥Tsunade's Husband♥

Sadly not. Althought it would make a better read then the Uchiha Arc.

18. Final Giku Tenshou Done with Naruto

Yes, because that flashback certainly didn't suggest Hanzou could have killed all three of them at the same time if he wanted to, even though that's what he implied by saying he would let them live.

On the premise of the thread though, no, it wasn't developed beyond the flashback, but it would have been a fun fight to see.

19. Nois eternal otter-kun

Actually I think some people might be dissapointed with the fight as the sannin were not that much of the people we got to know in the current manga. For instance I doubt Orochimaru had his white snake powers back then, stil would be nice to know what he got back in his 20s - 30s.

As for the rest of the trio I'm not sure, but they surely were not at the level we know them.

And more over, from the picture we were shown by Kishi in the flashback it seemed that they were practically fighting for their lifes and Hanzou was pwning and owning them around and then he recognised their skill to stay alive.

Hm, wait... Hell yeah I'd like to see how those 3 were fighting for their life while some madman in a scubadiver suit riding an amphibian didn't break a sweat trying to take it:yell