1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

The Purest, First, and Greatest Love: The Junjou Romantica and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi FC

Discussion in 'Other Anime/Manga Fanclubs' started by Fighting Kitsune, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

♥ Welcome to the Junjou Romantica and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi FC ♥

X
    Banner by Kagura

Junjou Romantica
    (Lit. translates into "Pure-hearted Romantica" or "Pure Romance")

Genre: Yaoi, Comedy, Romance, Slice of Life

Synopsis: This series comprises of and veers into three storylines: Junjou Romantica (the main story), and two side stories: Junjou Egoist, and Junjou Terrorist. These accounts highlight the lives of three male couples: Takahashi Misaki and Usami Akihiko, Kamijou Hiroki and Kusama, and Takatsuki Shinobu and Yo Miyagi.

Junjou Romantica: 18-year old Takahashi Misaki is about to take his college entrance exams and dreams of attending Mitsuhashi University for the sake of his older brother: Takahiro, as Takahiro turned down the chance to attend the school to take care of his little brother after the two lost both of their parents in a car accident. However, much to his chagrin Misaki, discovers his results from practice tests are mediocre. Enter Usami Akihiko (also known as and generally called "Usagi", his nickname and the Japanese word for "rabbit"), a 28-year old fiction author and BL writer, who is also a very close friend of Takahiro. He not only offers to become Misaki's tutor and allows him to live in his penthouse, but also harbors an unrequited love for the oblivious Takahiro, thus, takes on the troublesome job of tutoring Misaki for the sake of his friend and love. Misaki is not happy with the arrangement, seeing Usagi as an opportunistic pervert who simply lusts after his innocent brother. Naturally, the two get off to a rough start, until they learn Takahiro becomes engaged. Misaki becomes upset on Usagi's behalf. Seeing this display of compassion, Usagi falls in love with Misaki and the two become lovers shortly after, but of course, like any normal couple, encountered bumps and turns along the way.

Junjou Egoist: 29-year old college professor of literature (Mitsuhashi University), Kamijo Hiroki just had his heart broken by his childhood friend and love, Usami Akihiko. While crying his heart out, he comes across and meets Kusama Nowaki, a kind-hearted and rather tall young man, who was orphaned as an infant and was without name, was named "Nowaki, the Japanese word for "typhoon" (in recognition of the rainy day he was found). For Nowaki, it's love at first sight and he requests that Hiroki becomes his tutor. Still bearing the emotional scars of heartbreak, Hiroki maintains his harsh (read "tsundere") demeanor with Nowaki. However, eventually Nowaki's kindness, devotion, and patience breaks down the walls around Hiroki's heart and the older man is swept away by the typhoon...but other maelstroms loom ahead for this couple (dun, dun, dun!)

Junjou Terrorist: Yo Miyagi, a 35-year old and divorced college professor of literature at Mitsuhashi University meets up again with his ex-wife's little brother, and his boss' son, the dean of Mitsuhashi University, 18-year old Takatsuki Shinobu, who has returned from studying abroad with quite a surprise: he's in love with Miyagi and has been for a long time! Not only that, Shinobu believes it is destiny that he fell in love with his ex-brother-in-law and demands Miyagi to "take responsibility." And from there, Miyagi suffers the tactics of a "love terrorist."

Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi: Onodera Ritsu no Ba'ai
    (Lit. translates into "The World's Greatest First Love: The Case of Onodera Ritsu")

Genre: Yaoi, Comedy, Romance, Slice of Life

Synopsis: This series is a spinoff of Junjou Romantica and follows the story of 25-year old Onodera Ritsu, who has just recently resigned from his father's publishing company, due to his coworkers' jealousy and bitterness over his success and their insistence that he is merely taking adavantage of his connections. Wanting to prove his former coworkers wrong, that he can achieve success by his own means, Ritsu applies for a position at Marukawa Publishing. Immediately he is hired, however, Ritsu finds, to his dismay, that he is placed in the shoujo manga department, Emerald, instead of the literature department he wanted, due to a misunderstanding. Not only that, he is also placed in the very department known and feared as the "Maiden Department" (due to the workers being all good-looking men). Ritsu then wants out, after immediately meeting his boss, Takano Masamune, who he finds to be unbearable and unnerving. Yet Takano convinces him to stay by challenging his worth, thus causing Ritsu to stay in order to salvage his pride. Later, Ritsu learns that his boss' old family name was Saga, and discovers that his new boss is in fact his older schoolmate from highschool that he fell in love with and had a falling out with. This past disastrous and whirlwind romance is what causes Ritsu to become the cynical adult he is today. However, after this discovery and playing the Blame Game with each other, the two learn that their breaking up was due to misunderstanding. Takano then vows he will make Ritsu fall in love with him again, despite Ritsu's constant denials. While Ritsu learns the ropes of the manga industry, the countdown to him falling in love again begins...

Like Junjou Romantica, Seka-ichi Hatsukoi also has two side stories.

Owner:
    Fighting Kitsune

Co-Owners:

Reiki
    Selva
    Jelly

Rules and Warnings:

1) If the pictures and synopses alone did not tip you off, please keep in mind that this FC is dedicated to showing love, appreciation and discussing, these two series, which are yaoi animes/mangas, which means gay couples, sex between two males, etc. If you are bothered by this, please kindly take your ass somewhere else, and do not bother negging the owner, the co-owners and/or any of the FC members and/or come in and start flaming, otherwise, you WILL be reported.

2) Please try to remain on-topic, which is discussing anything pertaining to Junjou Romantica and/or Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi.

3) Please, do not stalk any yaoi haters. It's bad enough yaoi fans get a bad rap for being rabid. Let's not prove the haters right.

4) Have fun.
    :p

Members:
    Reiki
    Jelly
    Vocal Violence
    Selva
    Kelsey
    Shai
    Kagura
    RukiaKuurosaki
    StonedTheGoodWay
    SasuNaruMonomaniac
    DarkChiyuki
    Asclepius
    Minko
    ♥Red♥
    HiroChan
    Sarahmint
    Akahime

Banners and Stamps:
    Spoiler:
    X

X

X

X

Links:

Spoiler:
    Read Junjou Romantica online: X
    Watch Junjou Romantica online:X
    The Junjou Romantica fanfic archive at Fanfiction.Net: X

Read Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi online: X
    Watch Sekai-ichi-Hatsukoi online: X
    The Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi fanfic archive at Fanfiction.Net: X (Seriously, this series needs more fanfics. Please write some, people!)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

AMVs:

Spoiler:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P8XQH3jZa0&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeM6uqw6z4k&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ju39gpjDA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ1uyRYBRxA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4ifCnra10[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU60qb6036E[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  3. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Welcome co-owner and new member. smile-big Have fun and don't forget to rate this FC five stars. :33

4. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

I guess Selva and Kelsey will join us soon :lmao.You know if somewhere will be mentioned YAOI SelKelRei (best trio in NF XD) would be there :datass

5. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

You're welcome. :amuse

Can't wait for their joinage, and from now on, I shall count on the trio SelKelRei to bring justice to the name of Yaoi. :salute

6. Jelly ▫あなたのエンターテイメント▫

Joinage!!! How many co-workers are you trying to get? Can I be one??? :ano
    I am really good at editing and what not

7. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

I can take one more co-owner. Welcome, new member and don't forget to rate this FC five stars. smile-big

8. Jelly ▫あなたのエンターテイメント▫

Thank you so so so so much Kitsune!!! X

I will do my best!!!! :)
    I rated and subscribed to the FC!!
    I'm going to work on a banner so I can put it in my signature!

9. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

You're welcome, dear. :glomp

Thank you for rating and subscribing to this FC. Yes! Work on that banner! :WOW We're gonna take this FC to the top! :woo

10. Suhoon Daeguknamah

would you mind telling me Why you like it a lot?
    I've read about 12 chapters in and I couldn't read any more of it, I'm not a Basher by the way, just a bit Curious why you Like it.

/lolfail :sag

11. Mio Akiyama &#32

12. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Which one are you talking about? Junjou Romantica or Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi? :confused And as for why I like these two animes/mangas, one of the main reasons I like them both is that out of all the BLs I've read and seen, this is one of the more "realistic" ones and is more thought out, in regards to plot. Also, I find all of the characters have their own distinctive charm, the art is great (more so in Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi), and last but not least, I love the humor in both series.

And would you mind telling me why you came to this FC to ask why we or me like these series?

Welcome, new member. Don't forget to rate this FC five stars and have fun! smile-big

13. Jelly ▫あなたのエンターテイメント▫

BANNER!!!!!

X

14. Suhoon Daeguknamah

Oh, I was just getting your opinion on why you liked it. I like to see the reasons why someone likes a certain thing. I wasn't trying to start trouble if that's what you think. Was I not perhaps clear enough in my wording?

Thank you for replying. :33

15. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :wtf :wtf :wtf

Would it be okay for you, if I add this banner to the first page? :33

Oh, okay. No prob. :amuse

You're welcome. :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  16. Jelly ▫あなたのエンターテイメント▫

OF COURSE!!!
    :) I am also making a welcome banner for all the new members who ask to join!
    I really hope you like it :)

17. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Thank you! X3

Aw, you're so sweet. :hug Thank you, and can't wait to see this welcome banner. smile-big

18. Jelly ▫あなたのエンターテイメント▫

Sorry if it is ugly
    you can't find many photos on photobucket with these animes

Spoiler:
    X

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  19. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

UGLY????!!! :wha :wha :wha

This is DEFINITELY. NOT. UGLY. :wtf It's beautiful and drop-dead gorgeous. The newbies won't know what hit'em. :33

20. Jelly ▫あなたのエンターテイメント▫

hahaha thank you. I can shrink it in size if you would like that? :)

Spoiler: Small Ones

X
    X
    X

21. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Shrinkage in banner size is appreciated (will take up less space). smile-big Thank you, sweetie. :)

22. Mio Akiyama &#32

I could make a banner if the FC is in need of them still in about a week from now.
    I'm on a spare laptop as my mum sets up her website, so I'm currently without photoshop to make one. :sniff

23. Jelly ▫あなたのエンターテイメント▫

You are very welcome. :) I am about to edit my post with the big one so it can shrink the size. I will put it in a spoiler thing So the page will go back to normal!

24. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Would appreciate more banners. :33 But it's also okay, if you are unable to, as well. :amuse

Groovy. :amuse

Alright, first topic for this virgin FC: which series did you guys like better? Junjou Romantica or Sekai-ichi Hatskukoi? Why do you prefer said series over the other?

25. Jelly ▫あなたのエンターテイメント▫

Ohhhh Tough oneeeee I would have to go with Sekai-ichi Hatskukoi
    When I watched the first episode I was so drawn into the whole thing. It was a HOT episode and it ended with a TWIST! which is what made me after that anime read immediately the manga. I really love how the setting is like they work for a manga publishing company. That is original and very cool. Never watched any anime like it.

26. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

^I have to agree with you. I prefer Sekai-ichi over JJR (even though I still love JJR). The first pages of the manga and the first episode hooked me in, along with the art (I have to say, Nakamura's art style DEFINITELY improved in Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. No offense, JJR. :amuse), and the opening. I find Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi to be more realistic than JJR, plus, I find the humor way better and I love the tongue-in-cheek humor it uses in regards to the shoujo manga industry.

27. Selva <marquee><b><i><font size="1"><font color="red">Qu

You finally made it FK :wtf welcome new members <3
    now some pics spam :haha
    Spoiler:

X

X

X

X

Tori and Chiaki <3
    X

X

X

Team Masamune lol
    X

28. Selva <marquee><b><i><font size="1"><font color="red">Qu

Spoiler:

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

I love them both almost equally but if I have to choose then Sekaiichi Hatsukoi for me maybe because I always wanted to know more about the world of mangas and how the authors and editors do their job. Watching it made appreciate them a lot more :love

29. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Hola Selva! :33 And those pics you posted...I just came from all the cuteness. :faint :faint :faint

Looks like Seka-ichi Hatsukoi is stealing JJR's thunder. :amuse Don't worry JJR, we still love you. :hug

30. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

It seems we all prefer Seka-ichi Hatsukoi,but JJR is awesum too:pek

@Selva you joined too? :wtf. BTW awesome pics.Now I need Kelsey and our epic SelKelRei trio would rape this FC :datass *I'll take care about that*

31. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

OH MY GOD I DIDNT KNOW THIS PLACE EXISTED FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---

I LOVE THESE ANIMES SO SO SO SO SO MUCH, LET ME JOIN.
    HNNNNNNG :ohpek

32. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Arts :love.
    Spoiler:
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X

33. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

Welcome Kelsey :<3.Nice arts :ruri.

My Kelsey and Selva are here,I'm happy now :love

34. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, I just really enjoy the characters more and the partner stories too. I prefer Masamune and Ritsu to Usagi and Misaki :ruri

Yesssss :ohpek.

35. Shai Member

Joinage please? :argh

...i think i still prefer JJR :ninja

36. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Welcome Shaaaaiii :love.

37. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

The FC is growing. I'm so happy!

Welcome, Kels! :glomp Don't forget to rate this FC five stars, and hope you have fun here.

The SelKelRei trio strike again. XD

I came from teh arts. :faint

Welcome, new member. Don't forget to rate FC five stars and hope you have fun here.

You're the first person to say you prefer JJR. Seems like Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi fast becoming popular.

38. Selva <marquee><b><i><font size="1"><font color="red">Qu

Welcome to the FC Shai :hug and how are you everyone? <3

39. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

@Shai welcome :ruri

I promised to bring activness here :datass.

@Selva I'm good as always.What about you ? :<3

40. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Pretty good, Selva-chan. :LOS Haven't forgotten your VM. :hehee

Ah, today's a good day. My FC's growing, the SelKelRei trio strike again, and (off-topic slightly) the Itachi FC is back. :wtf In the words of Ice Cube: "Today was a good day." :del

41. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Im well thanks darling, you ? :love.

42. Selva <marquee><b><i><font size="1"><font color="red">Qu

I'm good too, thank you Kelsu :squish
    Are you watching anything new? :p

43. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

No I'm not :ruri
    Where's your set from? :tomato.........

44. Selva <marquee><b><i><font size="1"><font color="red">Qu

I'm watching Togainu no chi these days and it's alright. An old anime but I think you heard about it :hmm

That's Lucifel from El Shaddai game :tomato

45. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

No I have not time to watch something new :scry

46. Selva <marquee><b><i><font size="1"><font color="red">Qu

lol I don't wanna start watching something new cause I need to focus on my exams :lmao T____T
    I can't wait to watch the new ep of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi. It's going to be fap :love

47. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

I have 2 months off soon so :hehee

I really cant wait for the new ep :love :love :love

48. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

I'll have a break in the middle of July ;33

Do want a new episode :X3

49. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

I just love three pairings in this :<3

50. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Speaking of couples, guys, which couple(s) is/are your favorite(s) from JJR and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi? Mine are Masamune/Ritsu and Usagi/Misaki. ;33