1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR, PSOTW MIRROR
  3. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

the military junkies fanclub

Discussion in 'General Fanclubs' started by Sky is Over, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Sky is Over Active Member

-THE MILITARY JUNKIES FANCLUB-

Do you have not a interest, but passion for military hardware/warfare, and can't just seem to barely find anyone on the forums interested in it? Then feel free to join the military junkies fanclub, where we can haven to share our interest in the militaries of the modern world today.

Owner: Sky is Over

Co-Owner: Dice Man

Members:
    Spoiler:
    1. Believe It!
    2. Meng De
    3. Martryn
    4. avarell
    5. MP 306
    6. toucheirka
    7. Megaharrison
    8. Pringer Langann
    9. dummy plug
    10. Kenneth
    11. Euraj
    12. Kenia Kid
    13. Tleiulax
    14. Shoddragon
    15. NecroAngel
    16. Ochina Kazuki
    17. fabio
    18. deidaraxtayuya
    19. Waking Maelstorm
    20. Cardboard Tube Knight
    21. King Herold47
    22. T4ROK

Banners:
    Spoiler:

X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X

Videos:
    Spoiler:
    none

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. Sky is Over Active Member

for future room...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  3. Believe It! Banned

I'll join.

I am sort of a fan of the Stryker tanks.

X

4. Sky is Over Active Member

welcoem to the fanclub believe it! :)

and the stryker is indeed a very interesting A.P.C. The U.S. Military was intending on creating a bunch of armored stryker battalions, but it got cancelled half way through, leaving us with only one Stryker brigade in Iraq.

*IMO, they could upgarde the vehicle with an auto control turret with either a 105mm canon or a GAU-30mm gatling gun to offer troops better protection.*

5. Zhongda Active Member

Great idea AS

I hope this gets filled up... maybe you should have a link in the OP to global secuirty in here as our Bible/Quran.

and sign me up

6. Sky is Over Active Member

welcome to the fanclub Meng De :) ; if you could find the link to the global security link, I'll be willing to place it under th first post. *too lazy to go look for it myself.*

7. Zhongda Active Member

X

There you go :) it's directly linked to the military by county page which i think is the whole point to the site.

For an international relations student i know very little about military hardware - so keep the random talking about weaponry coming, i'll be doing a lot of spectationg and some questioning.

8. martryn Dick in hand

Well, I'm joining the Army National Guard, so I guess I'll sign up for the FC as well. I'm pretty excited about the whole process.

9. Sky is Over Active Member

much thanks, and I'll be sure to have a "daily/weekly news based of it"

welcome to the fanclub Martryn :) ; so why did you ultimately decide to join the National Guard?

10. martryn Dick in hand

*shrug* Why not? I was bored. I need money. And it'll help immensely with joining the FBI.

11. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

Thank God, that claptrap is better served being relegated to as few units as possible. It's a great peacekeeping vehicle, but it has no place in the mechanized units.

A GAU-8? Frightful. I however, have heard no such plans for the Mobile Gun System (MGS) with that particular weapons system.

The really pathetic thing is that they have to mount a low-velocity 105mm cannon. Really, what's the point in that? You're not going to be really effective against modern tanks with that kind of gun. Just go with a chaingun/TOW mount like the Bradley if you want it current then go with the LOSAT derivative at a later date.

12. Sky is Over Active Member

hmmm, the national guard will definetly give you the miltary experience *even though you risk being shipped over to Iraq.*

But if you haven't signed/swore anything yet, I'd recommend you go into the Coast Guard because 1.) They're the highest paying military branch, 2.) The risk of being sent out to combat is very slim, 3.) Since it's part of actually Homeland Security, you could get the legal/military experience and have that under your belt if you intend on joining the F.B.I.

indeed so, but it's ideal for urban warfare and is part of the U.S. Army's plan to make their forces more Faster/Quicker to Mobilize to area's of conflict.

hmmm, I'd be nice if they did. *C&C generals Gatling Tank comes to mind.*

but the Stryker is originally a A.P.C. meant for Urban Warfare *or it's now been given the purpose of that.* And from what I know and have seen, they've began to put miniguns and T.O.W.s on them *or at least the Army has.*

13. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

Except that the Future Combat System sucks ass. The Stryker is Lav III minus the cool stuff. It's an infantry bus that can't effectively lay down fire for its occupants like an M2 can, and I have serious doubts about it's ability to do well in mud like tracked vehciles.

Even so, it's ideal for low-intensity urban conflict, nothing heavy duty. While the Ma Duece is always nice, give me a 25mm Bushmaster when I want to punch through a building in a hurry. Nevermind that the base model can't do anything if an armoured vehicle sneezes in it's general direction.

Like I said, it's good for peacekeeping ops where we don't want to tear up roads and only need a heavy machine gun to supress any serious threat. We should keep a few around for that express purpose, but there's a reason everyone else uses tracked IFVs. It's a step backwards in weapons and terrian handaling.

Cool on paper, not in combat :p

Miniguns? The hell? Sauce on that. I've also never heard of TOWs being provided or certified for use on Strykers.

Furtermore the APC is dead. Deceased. Gone. It's been dead since the BMP-1 came out. The IFV is what is needed in modern warfare, and the Stryker gives us no such thing. We have to sacrifice troop carrying capacity for a cannon of dubious utility when we already have the proven team of TOW/Chaingun and coming soon the KEM.

Bah to the Rumsfeldian idea that we can somehow make our force light enough to go anywhere at any time aboard C-130s. It's so incredibly, teribly flawed.

14. Sky is Over Active Member

hmmm, as stated before it'd do fine in urban warfare *considering that armored vehicles using tank tracks are much slower.*

but if it's modified as you mentioned with a mingun or T.O.W., it'd have a chance of standing up to Armored Threats.

in a sense it is *but as you mentioned, it is perfect for peace-keeping roles, hence right now in Iraq and most likely in future terrorist conflicts.*

I beg to differ. :vegetant

not shitting *I'll see if I can find the video/info on it.*

hmmm, what's the KEM?

never say never in this continually advancing world. :p *even though I don't see it on C-130's, but at least C-117's.*

15. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

No, wheels are for road considerations. Tracked vehicles tear up roadways. The object in urban warfare is not to go fast.

A TOW will give it a chance, a minigun will make lots of sparks. We'd have to swap out the .50 cal mount for a TOW launcher, and denude the infantry of anti-personnel support fire. Unless you completely re-design the turret mounting, add a heavier turret (which kinda defeats the purpose of light = awesome), etc. It's such a headache.

Bosnia is a peace-keeping role, Iraq is a warzone. I'm not so hot to put tin cans in the middle of an RPG swarm. Even with slat armor, I'm not comfortable at all with the survivability of a Stryker. Give it TROPHY or something similiar and yeah, it'd be better, but it's still much more vulnerable to explosives then a heavier M2.

Please do.

Kenetic Energy Missile, it's an outgrowth of the LOSAT (Line-Of-Sight Anti-Tank) program. It's pretty much a hyper-velocity missile.

I think you mean C-17s. A C-117 is a Super DC-3 :p

The problem of course is while C-17s have much better preformance we don't have as much of them as we need, so it's not like we have slack to just randomnly pick up an armoured brigade and drop it, supplies and all, in the middle of a warzone in less then 24 hours. It's simply infeasible.

Really, the Sov-- err, I mean Russians pack a 100mm gun/AT missile launcher and a 30mm Co-ax, active defense system, etc. into the BMP-3 at 18.4 tonnes. The Stryker is 19 tons, doesn't pack half the weapons and isn't nearly as resistant to enemy fire as the BMP-3.

Speaking of the Soviets, let's look at their airborne doctrine. When they needed an airlifted vhecile for their rapid response/airborne detatchments what did they turn to? The BMD series. They clock in at about 12 tons. Things need to be a lot lighter then the Stryker for them to be airlifted into a combat zone in any reliable fashion.

It's a great vehicle for police work (and even then it's over-complicated for that kind of work), not much else.

16. Zhongda Active Member

AS a list of acronyms would do well in the OP... you lost me after A.P.C

17. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

I'll try and draw up a list of relevant military acronyms at work today.

18. Sky is Over Active Member

but wouldn't it be imporatant to arrive at the battle zone to supress the enemy as soon as possible?

from what I know, the majority of Stryker's actually don't have the heavy turrets.:blink *actually, what you might be talkking about is the LAV-25*

X

actually, they've began to add slat armor to protect them from RPG's *even though Reactive Armor might be more helpful IMO.*
    X

hmmmm...*funny thing, I can't seem to find the video:sweatdrop * but I did find two pics of Stryker's equipped with Anti-Tank weapons:

X

X

hmmm, interesting...and after looking at the L.O.S.A.T., I have to say that adding it on unto a Stryker would do some good in tank warfare *since it's simple, just point it in the direction of the tank and fire.*

lol, I'm a little bit dusty on my knowledge of aircraft. :sweatdrop

from what I actually know, they just recently had a large sales of C-17 III to our foreign allies back in 2006 *suprisingly, congress and teh USAF are in debate over shutting down the production line for the aircraft.*

hmmm, I think the U.S. forces will eventually pick up on making lighter Strykers in the future. *considering all the upgardes they're giving htme now and such.*

ah yes, the VDV *IMO, they're better at it than the army's 82nd* during the cold war, they actually trained them to drop down at U.S.A. Ballistic Missile Sites with the objective of taking over the Silo's *even though they've been reduced greatly from their once Great Soviet Image.*

indeed so *especially for homeland security or the national guard* and also to mention, later on in 2007, they're going to begin to put the Stryker MGS in service. *with auto-control 105mm canons.*

X

19. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

What, tracked vehicles can't go fast?

They don't which is my point. A LAV offers anti-tank weapons and a weapon that can lay down decent cover fire when it's infantry debus. A Stryker is a LAV minus all the fun stuff.

ERA armor in a situation where friendlies might be in close proximity is a risky proposition. It's better, but Slat armor being passive in nature decreases the possibility that some poor bastard is going to catch a piece of shrapnal when he's on patrol near the vehicle.

Hm, point conceded. I didn't see the ATGM variants the last time I looked over the family, only the MGS. It feels like such a waste when we take strip an infantry carrier of it's ability to bus around grunts to give it anti-tank capacity when the M2 already does that.

Such a step backwards.

The initial idea back in the 90s was to mount it on an M8 Buford chassis with a special turret. Right now they've put the system onto hummers. Bah, it's retarded.

If you count "large" by ammounting to about 16 aircraft total, yeah. The production line is at least open through FY2008 with the addition of 10 aircraft recently.

We still only have about 200 C-17s when it's all said and done, which is no good considering we'd have to take all of them and put them towards the FCS' wet dream of transporting an armoured brigade anywhere in 24 hours.

It gets better when you start looking at supplies and logistics which needs further airlift capacity, etc. We could get them there, it's doubtful we could keep them fighting.

You'll have to further cut into unit capacity then.

IIRC, that's an urban myth.

The MGS is so ... passe. If I wanted an L7 105mm gun, I'd say that we go with an M60A4. At least that won't blow up if the enemy sneezes at it. Plus, the thing only holds about 18 rounds meaning it's sustained engagement is of dubious nature. If you want to mount a tank gun, get a goddamn tank. For everything else, there's TOW/KEM.

20. Sky is Over Active Member

a majority of them can't go as fast as one's with wheels *and didn't you say that the tank treads tear up the road?*

the Stryker MGS which will soon be deployed will be able to fill in this gap of missing firepower.

hmmm, interesting point....

IMO, it's actually a step-foward in modifying their flaws involving where it lacks in firepower.

retarded but simple and effective.

and that's all we'd need to do; air drop surgical teams consisting of the Stryker's would land into enemy territory, hold out an opening in the enemy territory until the main forces are able to take over and push foward.

but as long as they'd be able to get them on the ground and fighting, it'd be worth the cutbacks; and eventually, they'll find the balance to perfecting it.

hmmm, I beg to differ *seen some pics of training routines in a few books on the soviet military.*

but you see, with it's light-weight design and speed, it'd be able to dodge most of the tanks and hence be able to go in for the kill. *funny thing, I swear we had this same type of debate about half a year or so back. :oh *

it's deja vu! xD

21. Sky is Over Active Member

article of the day: contracts for august 15, 2007.

22. That NOS Guy The Pilot Who Lives by Pride

On roads, yes. Off-road? Hell no. Given that most of the world isn't paved, yeah.

It offers a 105mm cannon, which is absolute overkill. It's good against a T-55 but guerillas in an environment where there's civilians?

M2: Does both anti-tank + bus duty.
    Stryker: Does one or the other.

It throws the baby out with the bath water.

Not when you had a perfectly good and more capable chassis originally.

Operation Market Garden.

Nevermind for every vehicle you have, you need support, ammo, spares, etc. or else you're completely out of action within 12 hours. We don't have that kind of spare airlift ability.

It's idealism at it's finest.

I've seen them breaking 2x4s over their backs, does that mean they're trainign to take down the US Armys elite lumberjack brigades? :p

There's a reason we abaonded the light tank concept in the first place, keep that in mind. Actually, now that I think about it the MGS reminds me a lot of the SDKFZ 234 Puma. Basically the German uber-Armored car of the Second World War. With a 50mm (and later 75mm) cannon it could take on most light tanks and had a roadspeed of about 50mph.

However, if a T-34 sneezed in it's general direction it blew up. Quickly. Ultimately it was a very successful raider, but didn't stand a chance against tanks.

23. Zhongda Active Member

Hay guys X your support would be appreciated.

24. Sky is Over Active Member

hmmm, I put in my support *also, consider this a bump.*

25. Sky is Over Active Member

Bumping for the sake of advertising. :awesome

26. Elim Rawne 33

27. Sky is Over Active Member

You called it first so you get it, welcome to the club.

28. Sky is Over Active Member

That's a big silencer, and I could see how you say that it's civilian by it's size.

Personally, my favorite is the technically an Assault Rifle with Sniper features, being the Steyr AUG, which has already been adopted by a few armies and the border patrol.

And that leads to another big question, when will the M-16 be ultimately replaced?

The sniper in that pic I can't tell what it is, but it looks either American (I would say a Barett, but it doesn't have the distinct color, plus it has a cooling barrel around it.) or Austrian origin (They make a fine line of large snipers and anti-tank weapons.)

And has anyone heard of Russia's purchase of Israeli Drones?

29. Elim Rawne 33

I'd say,give it 4 more years.Which rifle do you think will replace it?
    HK-416 or Barret REC7?

30. Sky is Over Active Member

Hmmm, the H.K. looks nice, but the military might lend out the contract to an american company, plus the weapon seems to have more characteristics familiar with the M-16.

31. Sky is Over Active Member

Their guns are excellent, but it's just the price tag that comes along with them is a bit beyond pentagon budgeting, and they've alway stuck with home made designs.

They do have a shorter/adjustable version of the AUG made for close-quarters, and the Australian army uses it pretty well. It might just be the price tag on it because it's foreign.

Transitions like that take a suprisingly long time. What suprises me, is that why the U.S. military uses Beretta's, do you know why?

Bing.

X

An interesting little fact, is that the Russian reactive armor was taken from the Israelis?

Nice little right thar.

Ever hear of the AA-12?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6kYT2tMaA[/YOUTUBE]

And for the time being, here's some SEAL stuff.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqqKe1AxfHk[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty Bad-ass IMO.

32. MP 306 Cadet-Senior Airman

This seems like the place for me. At school, i'm the go to guy when it comes to military history, weapons, vehicles, etc. (i'm not know-it all, so don't get me wrong).
    Is the H&K 91 nothing more than a smaller civilianized H&K G-3?

With all-do respect, i personally wouldn't call that an SMG. It looks like a Tactical Krink.

:bang

33. Sky is Over Active Member

That is understandable, and a bit suprising isnce the gun is of foreign brand, still wish we had the Colt 1911's or a model with a little less blowback. :hurr

Isn't it all plastic?

Fuck, I've seen the Corpsmen going into Seal and USMC Recon doing their exercises out on the footbal field, running with ten pound vests and do all sorts of rigorous exercises. *Even though by a meeting a few, I came to realize that they're some of the most arrogant and obnoxious assholes, but hey whatever keeps them motivated.*

X

I have to agree, pretty bad-ass IMO. But one issue I see is the bull-pup design, from which I know is a bit harder to reload.

Geez, could somebody handle to recoil of a gun like that?

Ah, then welcome to the club MP 306. :amuse

And it is a civilian version, but it suprises me that they made a retractable stock, which would only be handy is urban sitautions, seems like an NRA promoted thing to me IMO.

34. Sky is Over Active Member

Bumping for memberships.

35. Iceman7 woo

36. Sky is Over Active Member

Welcome to the Military Junkies fanclub, I'll be sure to input your membership. :amuse

37. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Advisor

Lol I just discovered this place by your signature.

I'm definitely in even despite the deadness.

38. Pringer Lagann Flowers and Dolls...

I want to learn more about firearms, so I want in

39. Sky is Over Active Member

Then welcome to the fanclub, glad to have someone of your expertise in here Mega. :amuse

And I've tried to hold conversation in here, but it sometimes slips away quickly, but feel to begin one to keep things afloat, I'll be sure anwser back.

Welcome to the fanclub Pringer Langann. I work with Gunner's Mates, so I can probably awnser any question about firearms you might have; what'd you like to know?

40. dummy plug ♥Jiyeon Boing Boing♥

finally! i want joinage, sir! count me in :amuse

EDIT: is it just me, or are the members here mostly regulars with 2K+ posts LOL...i expect Sim and the others to join up in the future...oh, invite fabio, he's an Army guy assigned in Korea now :quite

41. Kenneth

SAVEd whore

Deterministrator Administrator

I saw the link in your signature, Sky is Over, and I decided to check this place out. Even though I don't have any experience with weapons, I'm interested.

Joinage, kind sir. Let's keep this place alive for great justice.

42. Sky is Over Active Member

I'm not a Sir, because I'm not on Officer, only an Enlisted. :awesome

And Sim, I doubt he'll come here, he's more into conservative politics than actual warfare. And Fabio, he's welcome to join if he comes down here. :)

But getting to the point, welcome to the fanclub Dummy Plug, if you have any military questions, feel free to ask. :)

Welcome to the fanclub Kenneth, come by as often as you want for any info on anything military. :amuse

43. dummy plug ♥Jiyeon Boing Boing♥

thanks...my main question is, why is this FC dead most of the time? im in asia right now so usually when im OL, you guys are asleep but really, i think the members should post here more often...we cant have a discussion if the thread is dead, right? :zaru

anyway, id like to learn more about the Korean War...i got books and stuffs but i dont have time to squeeze it in my sched and i dont really understand it in my point of view...anyone familiar with it? thanks :edu

44. Sky is Over Active Member

It's mainly dead because the military doesn't really catch the average narutofan's attention, unless

The Korean War? I know that it's also callled "The Forgotten War" since the war and its veterans were literally an afterthought when the conflict resumed.

It was also one of the only wars where the U.N. saw actual action, with the U.S. gathering twenty-two nations, ranging from Britain to Ethiopia, while the coummunist forces consisted of Russia/China/North Korea and was considered a "Police Action" by congress. It should have been considered a world-war because twenty-five nations were involved, but since it was involved in one area it gained no stigma for it.

The war ultimately undid MacArthur and killed Truman's presidency, since both came to head about what to do with China for being involved. Because their country was a massive issue for U.N. forces, MacArthur wanted to drop fifty atomic bombs on various chinese targets. Truman told him no, he tried to go around, got caught and was forced to resign. But since Macarthur was incredibly popular with the public, this looked on Truman's part and made his popularity sink around what Bush has earned today.

The Korean War was the first major conflict where jets were used, with North Korean/Russian Mig-15's facing against U.S. F-86 Sabre's, and Helicopters such as the Chickasaw saw action for the first time, but only as medical transports with no real combat role.

The territorial gains of the war shifted greatly during the three year conflict, with the North Koreans in 1950 taking Seoul and surrounding Busan, then with the arrival U.N. forces they pushed through the north and almost on the border of Chinese territory, and with that the Chinese got involved in 1951and started pushing them back past Seoul. By 1953, they managed to retake Seoul and gain ground up to the 38th parallel, where the ceasefire was made. Technically, because their was no official treaty that ended the conflict, the war is still ongoing. Even on the 38th parallel their were still minor clashes (something I would go into if you'd liek to know more about the incidents around there.)

Today, it's said that around 300 South Korean P.O.W.'s still remain in North Korean camps, but has been denied by their goverment.

So was this helpful any bit?

45. dummy plug ♥Jiyeon Boing Boing♥

well i mean in this thread, the members should be active :amuse

i think it was overshadowed by the Vietnam War.

i also believe that it should be a world war, it was swift as compared to the two Wars and that it only took place in the confinements of the two Koreas that's why people dont consider it as it is.

yes, my old man told me that MacArthur actullay was planning on running for precidency but unfortunately he was not nominated by his party, largely because of his "dishonorable" resignation...

but he is a hero in my country, the Philippines, during the War...we even have Highways and Statues for him...its because he was the only American General who actually cared for us during the War, saying the immortal words "I shall return", and boy did he returned indeed! the US military, particularly the Navy, wanted to bypass the Phil and invade Formosa(Taiwan) instead, but he firmly argued that the Phil should be a priority and he told Roosevelt that he'd be in another war with us if he didnt help us...anyway...

this i have to disagree with...jets saw action during the end of World War 2, the RAF used Gloster Meteors in anti tank roles while the Luftwaffe enforced their airforce with ME 202s and the overrated Pfeil(arrow) jet...this was later during the War, and as a result, few records actually exists...the jets used by the Russians and Americans during the Korean war actually looks the same because they all were patterned after the German prototypes that they captured when Germany fell...:amuse

if you ask me, it is in every right that the US should bomb China because she openly attacked UN forces...i understand why MAcArthur wanted to bomb her with 50 A bombs, hell if you were to wage war with China, you better wipe her out because otherwise the population would arm themselves...but im glad that Truman's decision prevailed, because a bloodbath will surely embroil Asia if he allowed the bombings of China :edu

yes, you were! i kinda got worked out after reading this post...wow, now i got someone i could talk to and actually relate to...warbuffs are pretty rare nowadays :cry

anyway, thanks for the discussion :hurr

46. Sky is Over Active Member

It'd be nice, since the exchange of knowledge overall would be great, especially from Mega and such.

Meh, the war itself was cast aside because of the victory and short conflict time, such as many don't remember the Balkans, but will definetly remember Iraq/Afghanistan in the coming years.

True, in the same way Desert Storm never gained such noteriety, despite having numerous U.N. nations *even Syria for the matter.* participate against Iraq, which is weird because both countries were Baath party nations.

It's interesting, because this now defines the policies of Generals today. Most wouldn't dare commit themselves to Patton/Macarthur tactics, which despite being able to win wars, would doom any chance of running in politics. And because of this, they won't do anything controversial to keep face, despite placing their own men at stake.

Credit to him despite the fierce tactics, was a respectable and honorable person of his word.

Whoops, didn't take that into account. :sweatdrop

And fallout from the region would have catastrophic effects on Asia all together; even though an interesting fact, the Chinese somewhat have a reversed policy similar to MacArthur's if ever in a war with the U.S.

There's a good amount on the forums, but ridiculous politics seem to catch their attention than already established history. :hurr

And no problem, feel free to talk with me anytime, I'll be sure anwser. :amuse

47. dummy plug ♥Jiyeon Boing Boing♥

they are kinda busy with politics, which for me is a lot of bull...history is more interesting than politics :edu

speaking of the Balkans, whatever happened over there? i was familiar with how Tito reigned effectively but after his death and the blood bath ensued, i lost track :sweatdrop

most people dont, since the War was starting to end when the jets took over the skies :amuse

the same way they attacked Vietnam during the war over there :kaga

this is probably because few people actually care about history anymore, which i believe they should, we never learn from it...and probably because that's what the media feeds its viewers...:facepalm

anyway, i actually wanted to be a fighter pilot...that is my dream job...but our airforce really sucks...heck, our bombers are old Bronco types :uwah

anyway, i told fabio about it before and he said i could join the US military and serve there even though im a foreigner...but when i asked a highschool friend now based in LA, she told me an army recruiter told her i need a green card first! so what's the real deal? :S

48. Sky is Over Active Member

I do prefer to look into history already made than occuring at the time.

Well, when he died, the different ethnic groups began to fight, with Slovenia and Croatia (comprising of Catholics.) Bosnia (comprising of Muslims.) Serbia (comprising of Orthodox Christians.) and Macedonia (not certain of them.)

Serbia wanted to annex Bosnia, and from that a devastating conflict spiraled out've control, with Milosevich leading the Serbs in killing many muslim Bosnians; eventually the U.N. stepped in, they got attacked, and then N.A.T.O. entered and cleaned things up.

True.

I do find it interesting that in 79/89 that China decided to invade. (Because most of the NVA and Vietcong were Chinese soldiers dressed in their uniforms.)

Some do, some don't, the next generation never holds to the mistakes of its prior.

Yes, you can get a green card and if your background check is clean, they'll allow you to serve. *I actually have a friend from the Phillipines who did just that.*

And to become a fighter pilot, you have to go to Officer school, which is harder than enlisted bootcamp but worth it in the end.

49. dummy plug ♥Jiyeon Boing Boing♥

what about Kosovo?

the main reason why China openly invaded Vietnam was because the NVA harrassed the Chinese entreprenuers and businessmen within Vietnam...i think it was about jealousy and because them chinese were rich...the government of Vietnam supported this harrassment, and as such, the chinese asked helped from mainland China...China then reacted swiftly, invading Vietnam in full force...what happened next, i am not sure :sweatdrop

how do i get a green card, sir? im sorry i know nothing about this stuffs :sweatdrop

i appreciate you helping me :hurr

50. Sky is Over Active Member

They were a different ethnic group, another that the leading Serb's tried to regain control of.

I never knew that; it was a short conflict, no one really being killed and the Chinese forces quickly withdrawing afterwards, which was all in response to Soviet-backed Vietnam invading Chinese-backed Cambodia after Khmer Rouge's forces started attacking Vietnam.

X

I hope this helps, it's an official source.