1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

The difference between Shadow Clones and Material Clones

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by Linkdarkside, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Linkdarkside Ninja of the West

I wonder what is the difference between Shadow Clones and Clone that require material to form like Water clones and Sand clones

In my opinion is that a Water/Sand are the same than the Shadow Clone jutsu but they created more by the material they require to form than chakra so it use less chakra than a Shadow Clone wile the Shadow Clone is created by 100% and use more chakra than a clone that required material.

And the reason i think Water/Material Clones are the same as strong as the Shadow Clone is that Kakashi said that Zabuza could mach his Shadow Clone whit Water Clones.

But the down side is that the Water Clone need water to create like the Sand Clone need sand to create wile the Shadow Clone can be created anywhere but it use more charka than a clone that required material and that?s is advantage.

So in other words if there water is better to use a Water Clone than a Shadow Clone since it use lest chakra than the Shadow Clone.

And the reason I believe that it use less Charka is because Kakashi used a Water Clones during Zabuza first fight and Itachi/kisame fight and why he decided to use a Water Clone over Shadow Clone.

But the also some difference like the Sand Clone can wrap on a person limp and last longer than a 1 hit then disappear

Do you think is possible for a Multi Clone for Water Clones and Sand Clones, ect?
    Do you think is possible for a Water Clones reform under water?

Note: Also sorry about the sentences I am very bad constructing them lol

2. Purgatory Banned

Perhaps clones like water and sand are more like clones. Then again, they could be able to attack. However, we don't know if they can attack.

3. Amekage Torture Specializing

shadow clones are made from pure chakra, water/earth/etc clones are made using elemental chakra which makes it easier because the chakra is constituted into a more tangeable form.

4. natwel Deux Ex Machina Lolz

i think shadow clones are just created out of thin air really, but the water clones look so much cooler don't you think.

5. maximilyan The Truth

i'm gunna go with this.

6. ~HellRazer~ #1 Sakura Hater =]

Yeah, it's probably safe to go with this one :amuse

7. Godot DRAGONBALL LEGOS

I am also going with this as Amekage uses big words like constitued and tangeable...

Hey, just because i got a B- in English my GCSEs :cry

8. OodamaRasengan New Member

:laugh:laughi think shadow clones are better because they have free will witch and there are able to make better movements than a water or sand clone it might cost more chakra but not that much more and they dont need either sand or water to produce and you can produce more than 1 of them as being naruto who learned it only when he first became a ninja he can produce mass amounts very help full to know the kage bushinn no jutsu( mass shadow clones Technique )

9. OodamaRasengan New Member

10. Yellow Ho

Shadow clones are made out of chakra only and the others are made out of whatever substance(water, sand etc)+chakra.

11. Lithe-Fider My brain explodes

And if those materials are available to use in the surrounding area then it would mean less chakra = GOOD. However if none is available they still have to use their chakra along whatever affinity it has (Zazuba = Water obviously). So they?d still be technically all chakra?right? What makes shadow clones special is they have FULL CHAKRA circulatory systems of their own alongside physical substance.

And what about Shino's bug clones/replacements? :p Would they be like water/earth/sand clones I suppose? (And Those are ALWAYS available, seems efficient to me. ^_^ )

12. Lawliet 2880 .

It also depends on the propetires of the clones themselves, sand/water clones can apparently rewform after getting struck, while shadow clones disappear.

13. balmung29 Lucky!

Id have to say that Shadow clones are more solid than water and sand Water and Sand would probably fall apart on impact. Just my guess

14. Jude Something In The Way She Moves

I think that they use more chakara is my opinon and maby there not as good?!

15. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

Shadow clones are pure chakra.
    Material clones are an elemental substance.

16. Aina ♥.:.カカナル.:.♥

Shadow clones are made purely of chakra. Sand/water/earth/ext. other element clones are made out of material with chakra pured into it. There really is no difference that affect their fighting styles/techniques/or value of any sort.

17. Hitokiri118 ANBU

i think the only difference is the other clones have limits while the shadows do not. what i mean by this is to make a water clone u need water. if ur in a desert ur screwed. but with a shadow clone its up to ur chakra.

18. PisOgPapir Proffesional Trol

Water clones are 10% of max power, was stated somewhere in the zabuza arc.

19. ~ Son of SPARDA ~ Active Member

I have long since wondered what shadow clones consist of, since the composition of virtually every, other type of clone is revealed within its name (water clone, sand clone, bug clone, etc.).

20. UchihaBlossom The King's Queen ♥

i never really knew about that o_o ohh

21. Linkdarkside Ninja of the West

he ment 1/10 of power of the original Water Clones the clone sasuke destroyed weren't 10/10 powered Water Clones.

remenber a single water clone pwned sasuke and like 20 naruto shadow clones,The strength of the shadow clones or material clones depend of the user abilities and how mutch power he deside to give to the clones.

22. Aeon To Boldy Go

I always thought they were made of shadow but that might be silly, I suppose. The chakra explanation seems the most plausible.

23. Ashiya ǝɯosǝʍɐ sı nsʇǝz

Shadow clones seem to expend more chakra as it is conjured from nothingness whilst elemental clones are dependent of the more the material used and the amount of chakra placed into it.