1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

The Asylum - Pairings Fans Welcome!

Discussion in 'Fanclubs' started by Nick Soapdish, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

EDIT: This place is an escape for pairing fans, but anyone is welcome.

The best known definition of asylum is probably that of the institutional sort. A place to keep the mentally ill. However, it also means a place of refuge or of sanctuary.

Both meanings are probably accurate for this thread. :p

Most of us have probably felt a bit frustrated about the various pairing debates at some point. People don't listen, posts get missed, tempers get high and the thread gets shut down. Again.

So we need a place where pairing fans can get away from the debate to cool our jets for a bit. We can go off the clock like X and just have fun. It's not something that we can do in the fan clubs because they generally discourage too much off-topic stuff. Sometimes, it's better to just step away from the subject of pairings (or anything) and find a place to talk.

This is that place.

Fans of all pairings are welcome. It'll give everybody a chance to get to know each other better, but mostly it's just a place to chat. Here, the only thing that is off-topic is discussing pairings. It's been tried once before, but the thread got accidentally deleted so here it is again.

And maybe in the process, we can keep the pairing debate thread alive. Instead of like this ...

Spoiler: The Life of a Debate Thread
    X

I didn't make it so the spelling's not my fault. :amuse

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
  2. nightmistress I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

Yay for discussing other things! I find that I don't really do the "pairing war" thing anymore with all the debating. After a while, I feel how I feel and just don't want to reiterate it 50 million times. I'm perfectly content finding other things to do with my time, and this place could be one of them:thumbs!

3. Heavens Wrath Cry, scream, shout, and die!

The fact that it's called the Asylum is kind of daunting :laugh

I'm done with the debate thread too. Well, I'm done posting everyday is probably what I should say.

I completed all my goals :zaru

4. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

Are we all in straight-jacket in the asylum too? :zaru

5. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

No.

But the walls are padded and the only silverware is spoons.:p

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  6. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

Damnit!
    I. Want. That. Straight-jacket. :pek

Spoons are nice though. :iria

7. Heavens Wrath Cry, scream, shout, and die!

Padded walls kick ass! :yell

Not that I would know personally, of course :shifty

8. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

I prefer the bounce arounds. Padded and full of air. :LOS

9. Darkhope ヽ(;▽;)ノ

Good to have a fresh start! Hopefully this will ease the debates once again. I'd love to get to know everyone better. :amuse

Thanks for writing this up, Nick. I was going to ask you about it today... but you beat me to it. Damn you. :iria

And lol @ the comic! :laugh

-

I'm Darkhope - aka: Rie. Real name: Marie. FEMALE. User names can be deceiving. :wtf

Discussion of pairings is "off topic" - but we should state the ones we LIKE at least. Like last time.

My pairings be Naruto/Hinata and Sasuke/Sakura. They are the main. I also support Neji/Tenten and Shikamaru/Temari. I don't mind Shikamaru/Ino and Sai/Sakura either.

I live in New York, and proud. *has an ego when it comes to where she lives* >D

I love pizza and pasta. Yeah, I'm Italian. (and have no pride) But I hate tomatoes and fish. Nasty stuff. o_o;

Winter is probably my favorite season because I love how pretty snow looks. Spring, admittedly, has the best weather up here. Not hot, not cold.

Uh. That's all for now.

I hope peebs is surprised. <3

10. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

I just said that we weren't all in them. Some "guests" get them. :p

11. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

Am I a guest? :iria

I am Chee - real name is Danielle. My main pairings are NaruSaku, KibaHina and LeeTen. :iria
    I'm 15 years old and I live in Arizona. I love drawing and film. I love spaghetti and southern food. :love
    I love summer. That's when my birthday is. :LOS

12. Darkhope ヽ(;▽;)ノ

I like your name! ^^

Arizona... I know some people who live there. I think I'd melt. xD

13. Heavens Wrath Cry, scream, shout, and die!

Oh, introductions then.

Heavens Wrath :)awesome), although people that know me actually call me Tim. Those deceitful dogs :p

I'm a male. My user name seems pretty male-like to me. However, people have gaffaw'ed when I say I'm a guy. My guess is Avatars/Signatures.

Love NaruSaku. I also support ShikaTema and ChouIno, although not on these forums. :laugh

I technically live in Raleigh, NC, but can be in Jacksonville, NC during breaks.

Hamburgers will always be my favorite food. Along with enchiladas. I'm partially Mexican, but don't speak fluent (or almost any) Spanish (I'm a horrible Mexican :laugh).

I've always loved summer. Great weather and no classes. And after especially crappy school years, it's like an automatic reset button.

I should probably mention that I'm a college student. I attend North Carolina State University (same conference as Nick :p) and am majoring in Computer Engineering. I'll be a junior with about two more years left after May, to get my Master's.

Suppose that's all. :amuse

14. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

Glad you liked the comic, Rie. When I saw it, I couldn't help but think of us guys. :p

Since it's come up a few times in the NaruSaku thread (my main love, but I'm also a big fan of NejiHina), I like football and you'll probably catch me bringing it up a few times in here.

My favorite teams are the Minnesota Vikings (in the pros) and FSU Seminoles in college.

15. Heavens Wrath Cry, scream, shout, and die!

Down with the Vikings! :p

And FSU too! Ok, I meant that one, like I said, I'm from the Wolfpack :LOS

Although I like the 49ers (LOL9ERS) and technically, like Michigan in college.

16. Hyuuga Hinata HomicidalGrape

Interesting and great idea! <3 Nice opening post, Nick S. :)

I'm Hyuuga Hinata... also known as Nicole. I adore NaruHina. I like SasuSaku and NejiTen. I'm rather lazy and a procrastinator... love the summer and hate the winter. <3

Nice to meet you all outside of the debates. :wtf

17. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

In the interest of full disclosure, it wasn't my idea. It's peebs' (phoenixblood).

She opened up the last one, but as I said, it was accidentally deleted.

I'm also a X so that's why it took so long to open up a new one.

18. Darkhope ヽ(;▽;)ノ

HH! <3

NC sucks in general.

LOL just kidding!! ^____^

You know, I be a YANKEE. You be a red- *ahem* southerner.

BUT WE CAN STILL GET ALONG, YO! :yell

:love

Engineering? That requies a great deal of math. :arg

Interesting though. ^^

You mean us debaters. I ain't no guy. :evil :p

Well... you know my stance on football. We've gone over this on MSN. I hate football. :laugh But good luck to your team! I'm a baseball fan. ;)

EDIT:

Tim has come. :LOS

19. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

I use "guys" as a generic for people. :p

I think that gals fell out of favor a century ago as a casual term for women and girls seems to get less and less desirable as a label as the subject gets older.

20. Heavens Wrath Cry, scream, shout, and die!

Sounds like my motto :awesome

21. Hyuuga Hinata HomicidalGrape

Lol RIE! <3

Oh, right. Then you and Rie decided to remake it. Still a good opening post and good idea to re open it. I like the comic. It's true. XD

Holy..... Tim that is a HELL of a lot of pairings. O_O

22. tiff-tiff86 Has no life

I'm tiff-tiff86. My real name is Tiffany(duh!) but some people have called me Tiff-tiff and I was born in the year 1986 (hence, the title). I'm known on other sites as tiffychan86. I live in southern California and attend community college. You wouldn't believe how much I tend to procrastinate!

My OTP is NARUHINA!!!

I also enjoy KakaAnko, LeeSaku, and SuiKa. (I also find SasuHina to be very crackalicious!)

23. Heavens Wrath Cry, scream, shout, and die!

No, it's cool, I hate this state. But my dad got stationed here 6 years ago, and retired here, and NC State has a pretty good engineering department, plus it's in-state. I'm technically more of a Cali guy. :amuse

I love math! Nobody else does though :scry

24. MangekyuuSharingan22 Who the F. Do You Think I am?!

This looks like my kind of place (though I'd drive everyone in here madder if I wanted to:LOS)

I'm (bored to write my full nick down) AKA Itachi (in the ranks of The Franchise) aka MS22. My name is Tasos (or Anastasios if we want the formal version which I hate, if you amusingly translate it, it stands for Resurrected one/Zombie...:headscrat)...ANYWAY...

I'm 22 as nickname states, I like strategy/RPG games (and I have Accel 2's RS.com Links if anyone wants them), I study Petroleum Engineering and I'm Greek (one of the minorities in here). Going to another school soon (Chemical Engineering, What an improvement! :imslow)...

Debates? Double-edged swords. That's all I'll say for now. Good to take breaks from them.

I'm a OTP type, so it's only NaruHina for me. The rest I'm not too interested in, save for mild acceptance of NejiTen and ShikaTema. Crack pairings are not my thing. SasuSaku is over these of course, just not enough to call it my OTP, I'm more of a fluff person (much to my RL dismay).

Hates/dislikes? Hmmm, I don't really like the winter, because (laugh all you want) no matter how good you get dressed, where I study, if it snows, the air flows in strange ways, and why I say this? Because many times, I hate having snow in my nose as I breathe in! :cussing (Told you it was weird as a reason!:sag) <-Not really, just trying to break the ice...

Good to be here, hope this place lasts :amuse

25. Darkhope ヽ(;▽;)ノ

I know. But I like to tease. :p

Sometimes it's unfair. Girls/Gals... just. Bah. :(

>_> I wish you were wrong. But sadly... >_>

So that's where your name came from! That's cool, Tiffy! ^_^

I see. xD Well, at least you'll be able to get a good education in your major. I think I would just be annoyed by the people that live there. :(

Then again, I'd be made fun of. My 'accent'. D;

I want to go to California... Nice to visit, just not live.

And I'm part of the group that hates math. Sorry. :scry

Social Studies ftw. :LOS

EDIT:

Welcome MS22! :love

Anyways... I'm tired. So off to bed for the night. Will be back tomorrow. :bye

26. Heavens Wrath Cry, scream, shout, and die!

Hell yes, another engineer! :yell

27. Shiraishi alright

I am not really a pairings fan, but I do like DH and CB.

So I post here. :zaru

Hey Rie. :zaru

28. MangekyuuSharingan22 Who the F. Do You Think I am?!

Of course! :Gaipose
    Engineering of sorts makes everyone's life better (save for some cases like mine, when you are involved in it yourself:LOS) :amuse

Can't say I hate it though, it involves great salaries, which is perfect for what I want to do with my life later on...provide them with everything they may want (and may think), because that's what's important to me nowadays :sweatdrop

@DH : Glad to be here :salute

29. XNaruHina--SasuSakuX New Member

Hey, um...
    I know my usernmame isn't the catchiest. XD

Introduction:
    XNaruHina--SasuSakuX = Elizabeth Sullivan of ABINGTON PA!
    Audience: *whispering: Where's that?* ....?

Pairing stuff:
    If you couldn't tell, I love NaruHina and SasuSaku. I also love ShikaTema, NejiTen, and SuiKa (WHAT?! o_O;; It's a good pairing!!). They're the couples I can see going all the way, getting married and having kids and all that jazz.
    I'm not crazy about but still support:
    -AsuKure (I mean, they have a kid for Christ's sake. XP)
    -KakaAnko (Meh.)
    -Anybody(most particularly Choji)/Ino

About Me:
    -I hate no pairings or characters. (I don't think there's a reason to hate fictional characters or pairings xP)
    -My main hobbies would mainly be drawing or writing, or making AMVs. (I'm YouSuckNoJutsu on Youtube.)
    -I do have a tendency to swear. A LOT.
    -I'm also a grammar phanatic, and I make things nice and neat when I type/write them.
    -Contrarywise, um...my room is almost like a graveyard: It's dark, it smells funny, and the ever popular--My room is the attic filled with all the Christmas decorations and old toys that nobody ever plays with! XD
    -Naruto has LITERALLY taken over my life.
    -Akatsuki has also LITERALLY taken over my life.
    -If I could be a vegetable, I'd be a carrot.
    -I have an INCREDIBLY wide vocabulary. o_o;;
    -I'm only 14 years old.
    -I have the attention span of a prematurely born dinner plate.
    -I'm trying to create next generations with the pairings listed above, as well as OCs based off of my friends and I in a series about the Akatsuki. I'll get into that more some other time. :p Over here it's 3 in the morning.
    -I'm on alot, so you can talk to me virtually anytime, and uh...that's about it. XD

I look forward to talking to you people, you sound like a lot of fun! :D

30. TLCgurl5 Cat ninja

Well I really don't debate about Naruto pairings

But I guess I'll introduce myself

Hi my name is TLCgurl5 also known as SilentDreamer by some but my real name is Tori L*** C*******, I'm from Florida proud of the Sun Shine State and love the revotes we always demand, and a proud redneck *runs around with a rebel flag* and also half Italian and I'm nineteen years old, watch and read the Naruto manga online, but also watch the English dub with my little brother, and a Christian girl
    Spoiler:
    Southren Baptist so that means hellfire and damnation to you guys! J/K

My main team is the Florida Gators and I'm a rapid Tim Tebow fangirl

I love playing video games
    Spoiler:
    Tekken and Final Fantasy are my crack
    I play Guild Wars online,and I play the Naruto games with my little brother who kicks my butt, I halfway write stories,I love basketball, I like to doodle, and I love to sleep

and my Naruto pairings are

Spoiler: The list

NaruHina
    ShikaIno
    SaiSaku
    GaaraMatsuri
    MinatoxKushina
    SuiKarin
    AsumaxKurenai
    NaruIno
    ShikaHina
    ShikaHinaGai?
    ItachiHina
    HidanIno
    JiraiyaxTsunade
    JiraiyaxKonan *is shot in the head*
    PeinxKonan
    KakashixAyame
    IrukaxAnko
    LeeTenTen
    NejiTenTen
    SasuSaku
    SasuHina
    ItachixMe

But I like to watch people debate myself and just get along with everyone
    well nice too meet you guys

And sorry not a good introducer

31. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

I hope he goes pro. Now.

Except he's ineligible this year and I'm pretty sure that he'll stick out the full four years. I think he really loves playing football at UF. And I've heard some comments that he might not convert to the NFL well. IMO, he'll have to run more cautiously. He might be able to steamroll a couple players his size, but not when the entire defense is. But he has surprisingly (to me, at least) good touch on his passes. So he'll probably use that as another excuse to stick around longer and give more evidence to the contrary.

32. TLCgurl5 Cat ninja

I knew he was going to be good the first moment I saw his picture saying he was coming into UF, but its always amazing watching him in the stands playing, but I think he'll wait after his senior year to go to the NFL I still have to meet him but Tebow is superman I mean the 'Noles fractured his right hand and he still kicked butt I mean he is amazing to watch whether your a Gator fan or not.
    (sorry not a good football talker Basketball easier to talk about, on that not the Gator's mens team needs to get their act together and quit acting cocky, but since they are losing its nice to breathe in the O'Connell Center again)

33. Curry spice up your life

DO we really need pairing guys even in the Chatterbox? :D:

34. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

I wasn't aware that there were parts of the board that were were exclusive to only certain kinds of members except for the Bathhouse.

Is the problem that we'll only be in this thread and not talking about pairings (much) in here?

35. Curry spice up your life

I didn't mean it like that; it's just that most people in the Chatterbox dislike pairings heavily. Plus you have FCs for that, don't you? :O There's already a pairing peace fanclub, do you need another place?

36. Shiraishi alright

Let them have their thread.

It's better than the 'Hokuto' shit that the CB once had.

I'm usually a dick about these things, but let them have their small convos. :zaru

37. Kek Gears That Don't Mesh

It's a place for debators to cool down, so they don't do something stupid in the debate thread to get them banned, others banned, or the thread closed. It isn't really a discussion thread.

I'm Tom Barranger, live in Delaware (I will rep the first person to explain the pun in my location under my ava :LOS).

Ranking of pairings
    1. OTP is NH.
    2. SS and Konohana (you know it'll be canon :LOS)
    3. Nejiten, Shikatema, Choujino, GaaraMatsuri

I think my sig tells you guys what I liek :LOS.

Love using this smilie-> :LOS.

38. Jenna Berry 100% juice

heeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't debate so I'm never seen around the debate thread, and I'm not as into pairings since I quit reading Naruto but meh I'll introduce myself anyway who the hell cares.

I'm Jenna/Athaliah/Jenna Berry/FirstOneSitting/FirstOneGoobing/Kitsunejenna god I can't remember all the names I've had.
    My OTP is NaruSaku
    Former owner of the Anti-SasuSaku FC
    Current co-owner of the Anti-NaruHina FC
    I love yaoi. SasuNaru, SasuSai, SasuSui, Sasuanyone that has a penis.
    DeiTobi <3
    TEAM HEBI IS THE BEST TEAM EVER
    they make the best pairings <3

anyhoo 'sup

39. Blooming Cosmo WE'RE ALL MAD HERE

Best place ever. >D *misses it soooo*

Let's see. *waves* People tend to call me BC, but my real name is Catherine, or Kat for short (no Cathy...I hate that :cry). Currently residing in NJ, but I hope to return to NY where my true home is one day. XD I'm 21 and currently in my fourth and last year at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. *biology major hoping to be doctor* Science, geek? You betcha. :LOS Nationality wise, I'm mostly Dominican and part Mexican no I will not mow your lawn. :D

HATES
    - BUGS...omg wtf...they scare me like whoa. :cry
    - Drama
    - Philadelphia subway...omg...*dies*

LOVES
    - Bio 8D
    - Presents
    - NY
    - shiny things

Pairing wise...
    My OTP if you couldn't tell already is NejiTen. :love I've been stamped a sane fan apparently, which I find hilarious. :zaru Though, while I'm mainly obsessed with NejiTen I do love NaruSaku, NaruHina, and SasuSaku (new one, yay!). I'm very tolerant about pairings, and hate bashing of any kind. Bashing just comes off to me as someone being insecure about what they believe in. Aside from pairings...if you can't tell already by my sig and avatar...I adore Tenten. It's always the odd one's for me. <3

My other loves include Avatar: The Last Airbender *covers ears about the fandom* and Cloud x Aerith (when she wasn't stabbed).

40. iDrum Womp womp womp

Hi, I'm Brett. I hail from the tiny town of Grant's Lick, Kentucky. It's a small little town just south of Cincinnati Ohio. However, most of the time I live in Lexington, Kentucky where I go to the University of Kentucky (Go Cats!). I'm in my second year of my music education/percussion performance major (although now I'm technically a junior due to hours), and an Apple Computer fanboy, hence my screen name.

Pairing wise I support NaruHina and that's pretty much it. I have no real interest in any other pairings and I refuse to side ship just for the sake of my pairing. I don't do debates mainly because everything I or anyone else has said has probably been said before, and redundancy is something I try to avoid. However, this place seems really cool, so I'll probably end up spending some time in here.

Oh, and Nick, I'm sorry to hear about all the suspensions at FSU. I'll feel bad when UK wins the bowl game now because the Seminoles weren't able to play at their full potential.

41. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

You'll feel even worse when we win. :wink

Seriously, I can see it coming although the odds are a bit longer now. But our guys that can play will be a lot more focused (and it gives a few new faces a chance to get some playing time and make a mark) and Kentucky may well get a bit cocky about it now. Plus, we tend to play very well in bowl games, particularly when it's not a BCS bowl.

42. iDrum Womp womp womp

Yeah, I'm hoping our players don't get cocky. I think that's what happened when we beat LSU earlier and then went on to lose to South Carolina. I will say, however, that we'll probably have near home field advantage again. I was at the Music City Bowl last year with the marching band (not a fun experience) and I'd say at least 80% of the stadium was blue. I'm thinking that it'll be a close game. Or at least I hope. Those are the most exciting games.

43. Nick Soapdish Because that's what he does

Yeah, it'll pretty much be home field for you guys and probably a similar ratio of fans.

44. TLCgurl5 Cat ninja

@Nick Soapdish&iDrum

both collage sports fans as well I'm figuring.

45. Mutant Anemone MY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

46. iDrum Womp womp womp

Yeah, since Kentucky doesn't really have any professional sports teams save some farm league baseball and maybe an indoor football team (which those don't really count anyway), college sports is what I mainly follow, although UK athletics isn't doing so hot right now. Come on Cats.

47. Chidori Mistress Loli of Squealz

*runs into a padded wall*
    Y HELO THAR PPL :zaru

48. Mutant Anemone MY FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

49. Chidori Mistress Loli of Squealz

50. Jenna Berry 100% juice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.