1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Technical problems on the board?

Discussion in 'The Konoha Times' started by Mbxx, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selva <marquee><b><i><font size="1"><font color="red">Qu

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but it's been going on for quite sometime now with me. Whenever I login, I see no notifications of new pms/vms at all, but when I check my profile I see there are actually some new vms and some pms in my inbox as well. Is there something wrong with the notification system (not sure what do you call it)?

2. Dream forever flawless Administrator

Could you go to Edit Options and scroll down to Messaging & Notification? From there check if Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up is checked, if it is then uncheck it. I've seen users with the same problem before and it was caused because of Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up being activated.

3. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

4. David an accident

I get "Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting. Click here for more information." every time the page changes.

I don't mind the sign or the beeping noise, but thought I should post.

5. Didi -

honestly why do people still use Internet Explorer :x

6. David an accident

Because Firefox stopped working and I don't like Safari.

7. Dream forever flawless Administrator

You can try Chrome or Opera.

Also, what seems to be the problem with Firefox?

8. Synn Active Member

Chrome is way better than Firefox, trust me.

9. Basilikos Moving on with life

Nope .

10. Synn Active Member

Chuck Norris strikes again?

11. Fraust Nocturnal

Chrome has never crashed for me. Firefox used to crash at least once every two days. And no, it's not my computer.

12. MitsukiShiroi (눈‸눈)

13. Closet Pervert Legendary Pervert

Some error... 514 was it... for a couple of hours.

14. Cardboard Tube Knight Heads or Tails?

Ah its that special time of year again! Gateway errors.

15. Synn Active Member

Almost 3 long hours, I'm sure. :x

16. Shimomeikato PLUE!!

installed chrome so the forum would do it :( but no got the 514 error too T.T
    so whats up with that :(??

17. Kai R I N N I N G Moderator

Seems better for now.

18. Kyousuke kosaka.

Probably server issues again. Also lolservertime being 20 minutes behind (still.)

19. Ral I don't

Server overload, annoying fixed footer ads that float in iPhone Safari browser, this is why I don't do ads on my forums regardless the pennies you profit from them. :sag

20. Tachikoma Kikyo's King

Pre primary school level shit this.

21. Mbxx Administrator

Just restartet a service :) Took 1 Minute.

22. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Can the servertime be fixed? Its 21 minutes behind.

23. Ral I don't

Thank you, Mbxx.

But please take a look at this:

Spoiler:
    X

Tell Tazmo to remove this crap now lol I can't even reply to PM's with that thing stuck as a footer!

RAIKAGE RAGE, RAIKAGE SMASH!!!!!!!!!!

24. PikaCheeka wants to believe

Not sure if this is a problem for anyone else but if I don't have my adblock on, I keep getting warning signs popping up in regards to a certain ad (I don't know which because my computer blocks it without adblock on). It says something about how it isn't actually from googleads and is a virus?

25. Dream forever flawless Administrator

Could you take a screenshot the next time such a warning appears?

26. Parahax Soul Food

Ah...

Just came back to NF after a 3 week absence, and have been keen to read people's reactions to 573. Obviously I'm a perennial lurker (I believe there may be a shocking amount of us), I'm perplexed to find the site not quite what it used to be, and the usual opinion boards I would read - absent. Can anyone fill me in?

27. Spy_Smasher Advisor

^ I can't see anything wrong with my measly mod powers. What's missing?

28. Tachikoma Kikyo's King

Technically, you have a problem Spy

29. Spy_Smasher Advisor

Everyone keeps saying that!

30. Golden Circle .

I keep on getting timeout errors and the forum takes ages to load each page.

31. Serenity Twirling towards freedom!

The forum wouldn't connect for about 20 minutes just a while ago. Time out error message every time I tried to load a page.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  32. blue♥ ♥Guaranteed to kick your ass♥

The page keeps glitching every time you go to a different page. It flashes the top bar for "read new Naruto chapter" down before it finishes loading.

33. Kenpachi TZ Away

^ Noticing the same thing just today. I use Opera 11, and each page I load, when it loads a particular number of elements, the page glitches and sort of freezes.

My mouse scrolling doesn't work, all the links don't work and testing BleachAnime.org forums, I didn't suffer the same problem so there's a particular thing on a new page that makes it glitch until the page is fully loaded which takes 2-3 minutes. Unacceptable on 10 megabit connection and I know my speed is still blistering because I used a speed tester, downloaded a file in my browser and ran a torrent. All of them achieve speeds of half a meg to 1.5 meg per second.

And I got Avast with Firewall and have run my browser as the sole program to cut off interference.

Anybody know what's going on?

34. blue♥ ♥Guaranteed to kick your ass♥

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the top bar for the the Manga reader. Now it's more active with the "Like/Tweet It" button, plus the read button, so I think it's a webdesign problem. It also pushes my browser page down when I try to "go to next unread post", making me miss the first part of the post and I have to scroll back up. It's more annoying than anything.

35. Dream forever flawless Administrator

Kenpachi TZ, try clearing the browser's cache if you haven't yet.

There is something off with the bar, it does seen to stretch before going back in Firefox and Opera. On the other hand there is no problem with the bar in Chrome. Which browser are you using?

36. blue♥ ♥Guaranteed to kick your ass♥

37. Dream forever flawless Administrator

Would you be willing to download Firefox Nightly, an experimental version of Firefox, to test if the problem still exists for you in Nightly? I don't have to, in Nightly, scroll up to read the first part of the post so it's possible that Nightly will fix that problem for you.

X

If that doesn't fix it then try getting the NoScript extension along with the Adblock Plus extension if you don't have them.

38. Kenpachi TZ Away

Hmm, I cleared my cache just now just in case but the problem's been rectified before I did that. I'm guessing it's that coupled with my being stonewalled by the Great Firewall of China (as you can see, I'm in Shanghai) as that element of the page has to be blocked while the rest of the page loads.

It's never been a problem before, but if it's significantly more active, probably has to block more connections or such. But that much be pretty significant activity if 10 megabit doesn't breeze through it. I don't know, I ain't tech-savvy with web shtuffz. >.<

It seems to disappear when I have set up my proxy software into Opera (and those elements of FB/Twitter load without a problem since China ain't blocking me), but sometimes rears its annoying head when I turn my proxy off.

.... I'll keep going with my proxy (as I get more smilies with it and the photobucket pics ain't blocked), but any ideas what the root of the problem is with the further info?

39. Lightning Strike Check my RAPM.

So we're about 25 minutes behind now on the forum clock... When is this shit going to end?

40. Dream forever flawless Administrator

No idea, Mbxx will probably fix it sometime in the next twenty years assuming that NF doesn't close before then.

41. Kenpachi TZ Away

I'm struggling to see how this is a problem. Whatever technology you're using to access the forum: smartphone, console, computer, touchpad, whatever; has a clock on it.

Or does this actually affect something here? o_O If you're talking about post times, I like it. Feels like time travel when my clock is half an hour ahead. :p

42. Dream forever flawless Administrator

It doesn't affect anything here as far as I'm aware.

43. Golden Circle .

While we're on this topic: If any of you have the beta, use Tools->Web_Developer->Inspect and click on the 3D button. Tilt the site around and the insane amount of nesting for the +1 and like buttons are glaring.

I installed X and put facebook.com in the blacklist. Can't exactly block google.com but it sure has sped things up again.

44. Kenpachi TZ Away

.... Well, I think that just makes stuff confusing. My proxy allows the Google Plus and FB stuff, and it speeds up. When I go back to getting trolled by the Great Firewall of China (thus auto-blocking both elements), the page glitches and I need to go make a sandwhich or something each time I load a page to keep busy. o_O

45. Ral I don't

Whoever has access to the server hosting aka Cpanel needs to adjust the time settings which then will reflect onto the forums.

Or ask the mysterious men working the kinks in Germany to fix it aka calling the hosting company.

Not a big problem for me since I don't care for time on anything (since it just fly's by cause I'm always busy) but for everyone else this issue should have been fixed by now.

You know...I haven't seen a spambot thread/post in ages. :rotfl

46. Chainer Flame of Ud?n Super Moderator

The irony!

But yes, please fix the damnable forum clock, Mbxx.

47. Serenity Twirling towards freedom!

A lot of the time when I go to click to go to the last page of a thread, it will actually take me to a few pages before it. Been happening a lot recently, it used to never happen.

48. Ceria Chessie System

Yeah i've noticed a good 30 minute time difference too, but more recently i've noticed that i'm having trouble with embedded yt videos. i can click play but i cannot stop the playing no matter how many times i click pause and then the mouse key gets frozen and won't do anything for a while.

My connection's been screwed with and it's slower than normal and seems unstable.

49. Dream forever flawless Administrator

Seems more like a problem on your end, have you tried switching to another browser to see if the problem exists there as well?

50. Nazime Kazuka Member

Ya I noticed the glitches earlier but it seems like they have all been fixed now..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.