1. Miss Akihabara 2017: Preliminary Round: Nominations & Qualifications (inc. Naruto and one piece).
    Is currently being held in the Akihabara district, visit the thread here to find out more.

Suggestions and Concerns

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Saru, Nov 21, 2016.

1. PhantomSage Solo King

I know, he left nothing out, but Kishi blatantly disagrees, since Oro outright admitted inferiority.

He just plays the P1 statement card.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. PhantomSage Solo King

Link me the Kisame > EMS Sasuke/Madara essay once you're done.

3. Sapherosth One post man

Just because something is long doesn't mean it's right or accurate. It's just repeated BS.

4. PhantomSage Solo King

Right, especially when you consider the fact that Oro straight out admitted inferiority to Itachi which I fell takes precedence over a P1 statement and a vague af Sansukimi argument.

Unless this is War Arc with ET of course.

5. Sapherosth One post man

I am not even counting the part 1 statement. From a pure feats perspective, Itachi can destroy Oro.

6. Ryuzaki Moonlight ۷۸٦

War Arc Orochimaru is probably the only incarnation of Orochimaru that can defeat Itachi (at least feat-wise), if he ever finds the perfect body and undergoes the sage training then he would also defeat Itachi. Other than that, Orochimaru was weaker via portrayal, depicting premise and traditional influences (i.e. Susano'o vs. Yamata no Orochi).

7. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

I really like Ryuuzaki's idea of making a banner every month with some kind of circlejerk of the month.

We had similar thing going on in Soul Society Telegrams before Bleach ended.

wtf. also link me the finished version pls

8. PhantomSage Solo King

I hope Madara doesn't have the Kyuubi for sake of Kisame not getting jailraped 100000000x. :catblush

Even w/o it he still rapes.
    --PS oneshots
    --Yasaka Magatama oneshots

9. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

Idk I can see Yasaka Magatama getting countered by Daikodan or something, but Susanoo in V3 alone just fks up Kisame with swords etc, unless you believe that Samehada can absorb that shit before it makes contact, which is bs.

But let's not go OT.

10. Saru slave to ambition Moderator

• joke banners
    • Turrin's ranking idea
    I really love the banner idea, so I'll see if we can get something like that going. I have some experience editing, so making a banner wouldn't be hard, and I know some of you all have experience editing too. For the ranks, we could use all or some of the ranks from the Storm games:

I think it's an idea still in development, but we can vote on or discuss it more in-depth along with the tier list later, before the year is over.

11. PhantomSage Solo King

Just got a good idea.
    We could have regular debates, not tournaments, rather just a single debate round between two posters. These could be organized more frequently, and instead of a big prize, the prize for winning one of these "regular" debates would be an increase in rank.

We can still have big debate Tournaments every couple months.

12. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

Personally I don't like this, higher ranked people would have advantage in debating (even if subconsciously), the best thing about battledome in general is that everybody can be a star by writing a good post or making a good argument, but when you suddenly have a debate including gennin vs kage or whatever, people will just tunnel-vision on kage's arguments since he is known experienced user. It would just discourage newer users in my opinion.
    What I liked the most here is that everyone gets a fresh start with each post without anybody judging really who is writing anything, like even Izaya would get some month-nominations even with how absurd his posts were sometimes.

For an example I personally would be skipping a guy's post who has 2000+ posts in battledome but hardstuck in genin rank.

13. Turrin 玄武

I think people who have proven that they can produce quality work should get an advantage. And it should be harder for a newbie to defeat a Vet in a debate.

I like the Game Ranks as well

14. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

But why? This isn't a role-playing naruto board, it's just a debating board about battles where everyone should start witch each post from 0 and win the argument depending on his points etc.

Rankings are just too messy and they won't reflect someone's quality of posts at all.

15. The Death & The Strawberry Put your grasses on, nothing will be wong.

I like the ranking concept. It encourages debaters to work hard and actually put effort into their arguments/points.

16. Bonly Fire Fist

What if I don't want to be ranked? Will that be forced upon me anyway?

17. Turrin 玄武

It's not like you can't beat someone with a higher rank. All you said is someone with a higher rank might get a subtle psychological advantage because people will take their arguments a bit more seriously. I think that's only fair and already honestly occurs to a certain extent with the labels NBD Vet and NBD Newbie.

This highly depends on how the Rankings are achieved.

18. Saru slave to ambition Moderator

I like this idea, but I'm afraid it'd make tournaments lose their glamour. The debate aspect is the one thing the tournaments have going for them, aside from the big prizes.

No, it wouldn't be forced.

19. Turrin 玄武

20. UchihaX28 U̶c̶h̶i̶h̶a̶W̶a̶n̶k̶e̶r̶

Maybe a character analysis section for the Battledome would be an interesting idea. Perhaps we can make a thread dedicated for voting for people who want to make a long essay to thoroughly analyze a character's feats. It'd be an interesting thing seeing how passionate a few members here are about specific characters and I think it'd be rather informative.

21. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

As far as I know feat-summary posts or whatever are allowed here and some users include them in their posts anyways, but I think most people here skip through essays like that, including me.

I am not totally against the idea, but I just think it's not needed as people can already do that nowadays even without an existing 'official' thread.

22. UchihaX28 U̶c̶h̶i̶h̶a̶W̶a̶n̶k̶e̶r̶

I would prefer it. I think it'd be good to have a few stickied threads with long in-depth analysis of a character's capabilities for newer members who want to be educated enough to defend themselves in a real debate.

23. The Death & The Strawberry Put your grasses on, nothing will be wong.

We can't do like a respect post, thread highlighting feats for characters?

24. PhantomSage Solo King

I can do those. I've already done ones for Deidara and Nagato.

25. The Death & The Strawberry Put your grasses on, nothing will be wong.

I mean, make a thread like that, and sticky it so we wouldn't have to contanstly look for feats.

26. PhantomSage Solo King

Well, it would be extremely tiring to make feat threads for all characters.

27. The Death & The Strawberry Put your grasses on, nothing will be wong.

Anyone would be able to contribute. I also think it would be cool if you could, get repped for how good your post was

28. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

What about getting our own reaction icon?

Other sub-boards have it. For an example Dragon Ball have "NINGEN" or Chucklefudge Woods have "Old", "Bad Spelling", "Dumb".

29. PhantomSage Solo King

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  30. PhantomSage Solo King

Spoiler:

X

The Icon would be a book

31. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

But we should have a thread on this made by mod and then people can post their ideas - in the end we would just vote for the best one.

32. LostSelf Forest Sage

@Saru use your overwhelming power that matches Katsuyu's to make this happen!

33. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

idk why mods haven't caught up on this yet

seriously, such a simple idea yet it would be fun and refreshing to have

either super lazy or just burned out

@Saru

34. PhantomSage Solo King

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  35. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

also my post:
    > X,X

36. Troyse22 Tailed Beast without a Tail

This thread was more of a PR stunt than actually asking people what they want and delivering.

37. JiraiyaFlash Satô no Kyoki

Ranking system will create hierarchy and Hierarchy will create chaos and envy. So ı dont think that forum needs these..
    And joke bars ?! Yeah it is good but not for that forum.

With all my respect but ... I have experience in forums since 2005.. I started with NBA forums, then Music, then Comics then Manga and . I was a moderator for twice of the biggest forum in their area of my country. And I runned one website of my own about popular nerd culture as administrator and head writer. And now ım working on some other projects .. And ı also experienced writer stuff for NBA and Comics too.

So ı kinda have experience on these type of portals.. and what ı see in NF.. its too shaggy to deal with rivalry humor.

I see so many rivalry between posters, ı see so many bias, so many sarcasm and cursing or insulting that mods are actually let it.

I'm not saying "this forum is bad". I think its great and ım just a new comer.. I came to this realm ı guess september of october 2016. But even in that time ı saw some groundbreaking and downfall in terms of the morals of the debaters.

And lack of versatility about "all forum".

So making ranks, and jokes just make sarcasm and rivalry more powerfull and this is gonna cost more problems to dealing with for the mods and users.

So , this is only my poor personal opinion you dont have to take serious of course.. But ı know what forums is and what can happens to them a little. And ı said this these thigs due to my knowledge. Good Days peope :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  38. UchihaX28 U̶c̶h̶i̶h̶a̶W̶a̶n̶k̶e̶r̶

My concern is that none of our suggestions have been enacted yet. :hm

39. Troyse22 Tailed Beast without a Tail

40. Trolling Member

How about a Create a Jutsu Contest? A theme based contest where contestants will create a jutsu based on the theme the Moderators choose. There could be possibly more restrictions. 3 people's jutsu will win based on creativity of jutsu, usefulness of jutsu, sticking to the theme, if the jutsu is plausible and make sense within the rules of the universe and the cool factor. Or the mods could choose some completely different factors to judge by.

As a reward for the top 3, I'm not sure you guys would have to come up with that.

41. Platypus Moderator Moderator

@Saru and @Kai have been inactive as moderators and @Atlantic Storm said he's busy with his studies irl, so @Daenerys Stormborn has been handling the section pretty much on her lonesome for quite some time now.

I could help out with these suggestions, but there are some other things I want to do first in Konoha Library and the staff sections which take priority. I'll petition the admins to add a speshul NBD rating but you guys will have to put forth suggestions (something clever, but inoffensive – probably ought to make a 16x16 icon as well) & eventually vote for the best one, on your own.

Maybe I can get @DVD to help out a bit. Makes sense since he regularly posts in this section (whereas I don't).

Obviously, neither of us have mod powers here, but I think things might get moving faster if you have us to back you up and do the smod/admin requests and whatnot.

Could one of you please summarize all the suggestions NBD regulars have more or less agreed on so far, from this thread as well as other feedback threads?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  42. DVD Moderator Moderator

Sure why not. More or less have been glancing over the place in Saru's absence anyway.:catnoworries

43. Troyse22 Tailed Beast without a Tail

44. Daenerys Stormborn Mother of Dragons Retired Mod

I like the idea of a custom banner for the section, as well as a custom rating (though unfortunately I don't have any specific ideas for either).

I'm not as sure about the idea of a ranking system, since I do think it could lead to people dismissing someone's post just because they're a lower rank (or, conversely, accepting a weak argument as the gospel truth just because it comes from someone of a higher rank).

45. Bonly Fire Fist

A suggestion I have is that we get another mod, one that's gonna be active to help DS as this isn't the first time she's had to move this section by herself for a decent amount of time IIRC as well as help clean up the BD and get some of these ideas rolling

46. UchihaX28 U̶c̶h̶i̶h̶a̶W̶a̶n̶k̶e̶r̶

Good idea. I pledge to be a great mod for this community, any disagreements before we proceed? :maybe

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  47. Troyse22 Tailed Beast without a Tail

@Daenerys Stormborn how would this be done?

Maybe we could vote for people who would make good mods and have an interest in being mods?

48. Troyse22 Tailed Beast without a Tail

I will take your eyes, so I can see through your bias!

X

49. ~M~ Woke

Extra mods don't really help a section, the battledome is one of the most active naruto sections but it's actually a lot less toxic than the nf cafe which is for example under one mod at the moment

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  50. Bonly Fire Fist

I'd disagree. We got one active mod as of now, well at least to my knowledge. Saru's been gone for a while and he's been spotty for a the past few months, I haven't seen Kai in god knows how long and AS has always seem to be quite busy most of the time for the last few years now that I think about it. That leaves DS all by herself which would be quite a bit.

Look at the MoTM nom thread. She'd have to go through most people's history and see who deserves to be shortlisted and when you get people noming 6 people constantly, that's a big task for one person in addition to their outside life. Now add in the constant baiting and flaming and all that jazz that gets reported(I know I do my fair share and then some) that she'll have to constantly look at, that's quite a bit of time there. This section is pretty active in that I can go to work for 8 hours and add in about an extra hour for travel time and there will be so many threads that has been posted in that it almost goes on for the whole page which is alot of checking she has to do along with her outside life.

I'd say an extra mod helps her out more so as all the work load won't be on her and helps have things run a bit smoother so that way threads like the MoTM voting and nom threads are on time instead of late for example. Honestly outside of some posts needing to be checked, the NBD isn't all that bad and doesn't really need much modding(that I know of at least) so if an extra mod can help with the main things that need to be done then I'd say that an extra mod would help the section

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List