1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Street Fighter Tier List

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by Neo-jplaya, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Neo-jplaya Fishies go "Pook,Pook, Pook!"

I can't helpbut feel this exists already, but I'm going to make one anyway, to add Oni and other new characters to the Mix. as this is still a WIP, any aditions f feats to help with the ranking would be helpful.

Tier 0
    Ingrid
    Oni

Tier 1
    Shin Akuma/Unbound Oro
    Oro
    Gill
    Akuma/Gouken
    A3 Bison

Tier 2
    Evil Ryu
    Urien
    SF2/SF4 Bison
    Sagat/Ryu
    Ken
    Abel

Tier 3
    Guile/Charlie
    Seth
    Chun-Li/Gen
    Rose
    Zangeif
    ????(still more to come)

Reasons for Positions:

Gill: created by a secret society to be the 2nd messiah, Gill is retardedly strong. on top of manipulating fire and water at will, he aso can transform into a seraph, can summon meteor showers, and in his ending showcased his power by PART^ING THE DAMN OCEAN AND CREATING A CONTINENT. oh, and he can bring himself back from the dead at will.

Oni: Akuma if he lets the Satsui no Hadou consume him. despite him doing some super dickery stuff(like nuking a sub for the lulz),Akuma still follows a vow of honor(as shown is his fight against Gen). Oni is what he can become if he lets the power consume his mind in it's entirety. abandoning all his morality and humanity, Akuma turns into a full-fledged demon, and will hold back nothing in killing all in his path. also,hie can perform SGS in midair, and the move is stronger as well. He is pretty much a unrestricted Shin Akuma.

Ingrid: while the verdict is still out if she is still canon, Ingrid is the most powerful female character in SF verse. she can travel through time at will, has a more mastered version of Gouken's technique to seal the Satsui no hadou, and is the creator of the Psycho Power, stating that it became impure when Bison obtained it. also,even though its non-canon,she also created the Pandora from Street Fighter x Tekken.

Oro:an immensely powerful Hermit, he keeps one of his arms bound in order to keep his full powers from killing people. he has the power to maipulate objects with his energy, and has taken down Makoto's entire dojo at once casually in a fight.

Shin Akuma: pretty much Akuma when he masters the SnH. all his strength is augmented and harnessed to be stronger then before. the most notable feat from him was destroying a Planet-busting meteor with a Metsu shoryken. yeah, Brother's nuts.

Akuma: this guy is just crazy. with his power coming from the Satsui no Hadou, he can perform insane feats- his demon flip can destroy a submarine, and his Kongou Koguretsu San is an island buster, and the Shun Goku Satsu is instantaneous, has soul-fucking properties, and is an instant-kill on pretty much everyone(except those who mastered the Art of Emptiness).

Gouken : Akuma's big bro. has most of Akuma'smves, but they are weaker, as he refused to learn the SnH, however he is one of the few characters in the series that has 1.Survived a fight against Akuma, 2.beaten Akuma, and 3. Mastered the art of Emptiness, which makes him immune to the SGS. he also has the power to seal away the SnH at will.

I'll update more shit later, and more data on characters would be reccomended.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. Final Vent Banned

Actually Shin Akuma is Akuma not holding back his ability. Akuma holds back when he fights.

3. Toriko Dangalang King Piccolo

Akuma fodderized Gill in base iirc, Gill needs to go down.

Oro, Gouken, and Akuma should all be tied while you're at it.

4. Ulti GOAT

Guile

Akuma

Everyone else

5. cnorwood Active Member

gill lost to alex. the same alex who wasnt shit to ryu. He lost to him in 2nd impact

6. Final Vent Banned

7. Ulti GOAT

Family Man Tier

Guile

Dan Tier

Dan

Top Tier

Akuma :maybe

8. Final Vent Banned

Mayor Tier:
    Haggar

Nike Ninja Tier:
    Guy

Badass Convict who used to be a hero Tier:
    Cody

Tranny Tier:
    Poison

Angry German Wrestler Tier:
    Hugo

Insane Military guy Tier:
    Rolento

9. Judas Banned

This .

10. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

Gill needs to be dropped a tier or two. Aren't Ingrid and Oni non-canon?

And why's Sagat above Evil Ryu? Why's Sagat above Ryu at all?

11. Final Vent Banned

The only thing Gill has going for him is his Resurection ablity.

And yeah....why is Sagat above the GUY WHO KICKED HIS ASS

12. Ulti GOAT

Seraphic Wing was a bitch.

13. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

Didn't he part the ocean too?

I tried parrying that once. Didn't work.

14. Ulti GOAT

Gill vs Moses

15. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

Moses may have God, but Gill's got multicolored skin.

16. Ulti GOAT

Racial barriers are beyond him.

17. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

Unfortunately, racial barriers still stand in the way of Urine ever getting into another Street Fighter.

18. Final Vent Banned

In his ending.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb5nIqFxGUQ[/YOUTUBE]

19. Neo-jplaya Fishies go "Pook,Pook, Pook!"

was Gill using his fullpower?causeChun-Li beat Urien as well,but Urien was holding back. also, in Yun's 3S ending Gill pouposely lost to him to see if he wasstrong enough to surive the coming change to the world.

SF1,Sagat beat ryu silly, but when he let his guard down to help him up, Ryu Snapped and hit him with a Metsu shoryuken.

alpha, Ryu lost again but on porpose due to Sagat being infuriated.

A3, Sagat Fought a brainwashed Ryu, beat him, and said that he wasn't Ready yet.

it's kinda 50/50, though yeah, I may be off ranking him above ER.

also, any ideas were fighters like Urien, chun Li and Seth rank? I'm planning on updating this later.

20. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

Seth should be on the next tier down, below regular Ryu. I've no clue about Urien, he's got no feats, though he'd be in front of Chun.

Also, if you're counting his different incarnations. SF2/4 Bison should be above Sagat/Ryu.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  21. Markness Lord of Obsessed

Two arm Oro should tie with Shin Akuma. He holds back his power in a similar manner and was able to spar with Base Akuma without any trouble.

22. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

We're also forgetting Gen, who was able to fight Akuma for a while (still lost, though). He should be in Tier 2, though I'm not sure on his exact placement.

23. Neo-jplaya Fishies go "Pook,Pook, Pook!"

^ gen would probably be at the bottomof tier 2 or the top of Tier 3, since he knows art of emptiness,but is also dying, which is why Akuma stopped their fight.

I'll add some updates now.

24. Judas Banned

That unfinished character template with the rehashed skill set...

Does he even deserve to be on a list?

25. Final Vent Banned

Not really.

Mr. "not Dr. Manhattan" doesn't even have that much to his name.

26. Herekic Deal with it

....but urien is white

He only turns dark skin at the start of the fight

27. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

He was able to give Ryu hell before Ryu decided to get serious and fuck him up.

I always though Urien's true skin was dark, and his skin while he's wearing his suit is a disguise.

28. Final Vent Banned

Whoa, whoa, whoa there. Urien isn't in any other games because he just isn't.

There is no race issue. If there was why do we have Dee Jay, Balrog (also known as Mike Bison and Boxer), Hakan, and El Fuerte?

And yeah, Seth did fuck up Ryu......but that's it really.

29. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

We know.

That's enough to justify a fairly high position.

30. BurningSol New Member

I'm going to change the tier list a bit, and I'm not going to waste too much time with Shin-Gouki, or Gouki. I'm simply posting the tier list at their most powerful (With a few exceptions such as Dictator a.k.a. Bison due to him having bodies which convey different power results, and Ryu and SnH Ryu), so if I have Oro on the list only, that means Unbound Oro, and if I have Gouki once only, that's Gouki utilizing full potential.

Elite Tier
    Ingrid

Gouki/Oro
    Oni
    Gill
    Alpha 3 Dictator

Top Tier
    Ryu/Sagat
    Gouken
    SnH Ryu
    SF4 Dictator

SF2 Dictator

Ingrid - I agree with the thread leader that Ingrid is arguably the most powerful being in the SF world. The fact she's a Goddess literally puts her here alone. However her capabilities to time-travel, telekinetic powers. Dictator if he tried to consume her powers would implode without every allowing him to Soul-rip.

I can't remember for sure, but I remember reading somewhere of her skipping across the clouds (a feat if true that no other SFer character has been shown capable of doing whatsoever), and the fact that she noted that being punched by a SFer is like equivalent to being tickled seals the deal for me.

Remember that we've got SFer characters who can destroy islands, send out sonic boom waves from just punches so her durability would be off the charts. She to me is the most powerful from the few things that we do know of.

Oni shouldn't be that high, here's the reason why...

From Vasil

Oni is not the incarnation of SnH. He's the incarnation of Gouki being stripped down to the final fragments of his own will in an unwilling exchange for the nearly-total will of the "demon" he had allowed to keep within him ever since he unleashed his first-ever SGS. The demon is really a fierce god, or onigami/kishin (Oni frequently calls himself by the second of these two romanizations). The onigami itself can exist with or without SnH; it's completely independent of any particular power, and just wants to feed off of power in general, as long as that power brings carnage with it.

Gouki is Oni's vessel only once Oni is allowed to exist, and only a reluctant vessel at that. Oni is caught in between Gouki's will to retain his former bodily shape, and the onigami's will wanting to ravagingly deform it, hence Oni looking bulkier than Gouki would be.

SnH is no ultimate power, and Oni doesn't utilize SnH alone. The reason Oni doesn't end up stronger than Shin Gouki (meaning Gouki not holding back any of his power) is because Oni ends up being neither completely devoid of a human being nor the total essence of a fierce god. Both Gouki's (just barely) and the onigami's clashing wills are present in the being known as Oni, and as such neither one can fully exploit and abuse the full power acquired by the other. This is why Oni's feat in his ending doesn't compare with what Gouki does as far back as Zero 2.

To put it another way, Shin Gouki retains his full murderous humanity and the onigami retains its back seat and watches, only to take over when and if Gouki fails, while Oni is Gouki failed, onigami taking over, and still Gouki won't let it do so anyway, no matter how feeble his will now is.

The leaking energy, floating, and shaking the earth by walking and stomping the ground doesn't automatically mean a power boost. It's a loss of control because Gouki's capable of all those acts as well if he feels like it.

Within Oni, even his win-quotes states his conflict with the Oni within him, which is why he cannot obtain full capabilities, where as Shin-Gouki can do so at his own will, making him vastly more powerful. So Oni is not the most powerful form of Gouki, that still remains with Shin-Gouki.

Oro - Honestly, there is nothing that portrays him as being weaker then Gouki, so I am willing to put him at the same equality as Gouki simply because we know that the two have just simply tested their strengths slightly against one another. The fact that he rolled over SFIII Ryu and made him look like a rag doll (this is super significant of showcasing Oro's abilities and I'll post it later on the Ryu notion) that he deserves no less.

Dictator - Alpha 3 Version is obvious. However his SF2 counterpart would actually be lower then his SF4 counterpart, because during SF2, Dictator was only at 50%, while SF4 he's around 70-75% of his Alpha counterpart, putting him a good notch above his SF2 version.

SFIII Ryu vs SnH Ryu (Evil Ryu) and why SFIII Ryu>>>SnH Ryu

By the time SFIII has rolled around, Ryu has now surpassed his Evil Ryu counterpart. This was made apparent with CJ's (Capcom Japan) own statements that by SFIII Ryu can now tap into SnH without ever converting into it. Which is reasons why during SFIII, Ryu is fully capable of utilizing the Denjin-Hadouken.

We see that during SFIV Ryu is already learning how to tap into SnH with the forefather of the Denjin-Hadouken with the Metsu-Hadouken.

So the most current Ryu, which is SFIII Ryu, is above SnH Ryu, and thus should be ranked higher on the list with only a handful being more powerful. The reason being is that "had" Ryu of gone taken the SnH path he would've been powerful enough to have even defeated Shin-Gouki during Alpha 3. We know this by Capcom's "What if" ending had Ryu of succumbed to SnH.

Link here to SnH Ryu's "What would've happened if Ryu succumbed to SnH" storyline : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjzdk_LG1E0

This again puts Ryu on a class that few fighters in the SF world can even rival or touch.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  31. Punchsplosion Nerf Bat Enthusiast

You are forgetting about Shin Oni, the true boss of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. Although no feats are actually shown, the developers of the game have stated that this version of Oni is the most powerful incarnation of Akuma, even more so than Shin Akuma. Shin Oni IS the demon god made flesh. Technically, the word of god applies here and Shin Oni should be just under Ingrid.

32. BurningSol New Member

What you brought up has been noted before however interpreted completely wrong.

When it was fully translated, they meant "most powerful" from a game perspective. Meaning, the most powerful In-Game Boss that they ever made.

There is nothing within the translations that even points towards the storyline but only towards in-game mechanics of making Oni the most powerful/difficult boss ever within a SF game.

You can find this yourself by going to srk.com and asking Vasil for the translations yourself if you want. It has nothing to do with the storyline, but the in-game mechanics, and those are two completely different aspects.

With everything that is readily available, with what we are shown, and witnessed too, it is without question that Shin-Gouki is still the absolute top dog.

He is capable of all of his super feats but without any lack of dispersing his energy fruitlessly and in complete full control, while Oni is the exact opposite lacking any sort of appropriate control.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  33. Hououin Kyouma Mad Scientist

Where would Juri be on this list?

34. BurningSol New Member

From what I remember, she found Guile and Chunli annoying to deal with. So I supposed within the same bracket as those two but I would put Juri above them within that tier list. There is obvious potential there that Juri could be higher then that, possibly within the same bracket as Ken, Nash, Urien, etc.

Again however all speculation for my part since we don't have enough to gauge her as well. There are obviously a lot more SFer characters that lack evidence, however with win-quotes, certain statements by CJ and other book sources we can get a better estimate.

To me, she may possibly be the strongest of the bunch within the bracket that holds Chunli, and Guile, and if placed higher she'll be put within the same category as Ken, Nash, Rose, Urien, but below them. That to me would be her placing.

35. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

Why did you place Sagat so high?

36. BurningSol New Member

All inclinations point towards Sagat moving toe to toe with Ryu, and is also in massive training mode just like his rival counterpart. He is doing this to wait until the day they have their glorious battle once again. Btw, I'm indicating this as Sagat in his most current form, meaning during the SFIII time-period, not SFIV or whatever, however even then he's matching Ryu step for step even during that time-frame.

With these implications, its not hard to gauge Sagat even though we don't know what he's doing by the time SFIII is around.

37. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

That's alot of assuming there. During SF3 Sagat may be stronger than Ryu, much weaker, or dead for all we know. It's probably best to use his SF4 incarnation until we actually see what Sagat would be capable of doing in SF3.

38. BurningSol New Member

It would be an even greater assumption to believe that Sagat is weaker, or worst yet dead by the time SFIII is around.

Sagat in fact was actually more powerful then Ryu, he only lost in SF1 due to Ryu releasing SNH and the Metsu-Shoryuken for that small instant.

Prior to that Ryu was getting mopped, and Sagat only couldn't fair well vs Ryu during Alpha was because Sagat was focused upon revenge and anger rather then fighting the "true way of the warrior" if you will.

In SF:IV he has overcome that and is now once again toe to toe with Ryu in capabilities, so it wouldn't be far fetched to assume that he would've kept up with Ryu by the time SFIII takes place.

39. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

But we can't pinpoint SF3 Sagat's position because he hasn't been seen, we don't know how strong he really is and we can't just assume he's as strong as Ryu, because there's no actual evidence to support that. Ryu could have very well surpassed him or vice versa. We have to use his most recent appearance, which would be SF4.

40. Neo-jplaya Fishies go "Pook,Pook, Pook!"

Ok, so that clears up the Oni issue. so it's uncontrolled vs.harnessed, now it makes sense.

I shouldmake updates to the tier list soon.and I will never stop laughing if Capcom makes the AW cameo feats canon(no chance in hell,but it would be funny.)

41. NemeBro I is unicorn

Ingrid is shit-tier.

Fuck Ingrid and fuck everyone who puts her at the top of their tier lists.

42. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

Shitty character aside, I always assumed she was non-canon anyway. Oni too.

43. NemeBro I is unicorn

She is noncanon, yes.

Oni I am not sure about.

44. Angelos Green-Eyed Monster

We shouldn't really put a non-canon character on the tier list, so we should probably remove her.

I'll look into Oni.