1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR, PSOTW MIRROR
  3. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Sting and Rogue never Killed their Dragons.

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail' started by Rax, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Rax Red Regalia of Fire

Both of them being between 17-19

7 year skip + Original 7 years prior to the series start = 14 years at least

Meaning Sting and Rogue were between 3-5 when with their dragons.

I don't believe what they say:pek

2. Mistshadow AwEsOmE

Assuming they
    A: found their dragons again
    Or
    B: their dragons never left

Leaves it possible to
    Have killed them at older age.

Notice how they said they killed their dragons and differentiated it from beating their dragons. Like I said pussys who can't hold a candle to dragons. Lol at acnologia comment. Prob my theory of their dragons letting the
    Kill them was right

3. Zhen Chan Silver Spoon Coon Hoe

Or they are over 70 like natsu

4. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

I don't believe it either.

5. opofft Acnologia Solos

I reckon they just say that because their dragon left them unexpectedly (777) and their butt hurt. Basically what I'm trying to imply is that they took a different approach to explain their dragons disappearance in comparison to Natsu.

6. zeburaisbeast Member

He'll no maybe they pretended to be dead

7. Tragic Member

I complete agree. I felt as if that was complete BS.

And Igneel wouldn't have said that line if they did have the power to surpass Dragons.

8. jayjay³² Drug Addict

I think they're lying. But I also don't think the age thing is a good excuse. The dragons could've reappeared during the timeskip. This is evinced by the fact that we never heard of Sting or Rogue before the the TS. They also just happened to be around when ST was recruiting, making them #1 guild. Sting and Rogue are unarguably the strongest in their guild so it's weird that if they were around with DS powers before TS that they weren't able to make other guilds #1.

Sting also shrugged Natsu's questions off about killing the dragons. Also, Igneel was talking to their dragons in that short scene. However, I think it's far-fetched that they would lie about something like that. Maybe they thought they killed them. Eh, who knows.

9. Juvia. Meow.

He was not talking to them, he was talking at them you no like someone talking at god.

10. Patrick Order Intensifies

They didn't kill them because even now they're to weak to beat a dragon.

11. Juvia. Meow.

^
    Read my new thread.

12. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Ye. And no matter how weak their dragons are It's in fact literally impossible for 2 kids that are 5-6 years old to kill their dragons. Even if somehow their Dragons were with them the whole time or they found them again it's still unlikely.

13. Roman Forever Flame

[YOUTUBE]Ki0KCQAC5Wg[/YOUTUBE]

There's no way they could've killed their dragons.

1. If they had reappeared, the returning FT members would've undoubtedly heard about it by now from those FT members who weren't frozen on Tenrou Island, in particular the Dragon Slayers.

2. There's nothing to indicate that they did return during the time skip to begin with.

3. Igneel wouldn't be questioning whether or not humans can surpass dragons if Sting and Rogue did kill them. If they did, Igneel would already have his answer.

14. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Yep. That's the best reason to show that they didn't kill them.

15. Impact Grimm

They killed them what other proof do you need?

16. Roman Forever Flame

The proof we need is that they show power that can at least rival Gildartz. Considering Natsu and Gajeel stomped them in base mode even when they went into Dragon Drive mode, I can't believe their DF modes could ever stand a chance against Natsu's or Gajeel's DF modes, and the latter still aren't anything close to a Dragon's power if you consider hype. Just taking their word for it is not enough.

17. CM Pope The Holy Father

It's long been assumed that even if they did somehow pull it off it's likely their foster parents didn't fight them full out due to affection. We know that's possible since Igneel looks a big softy in flashbacks with Natsu.

Nothing to say Sting and Rogue didn't bash them whilst they were on the john or something equally unfair :maybe

But truthfully, I'll believe it when we have more proof.

18. Roman Forever Flame

^Even if the dragons were going easy on them, I doubt Sting and Rogue could've been much by comparison. Also, you should consider that not all dragons are necessarily the same. Grandine and Igneel really care for their Dragon Slayers, and you can tell because Natsu and Wendy love Igneel and Grandine respectively, and both of them are very good and moral characters.

This doesn't really hold for Sting and Gajeel (when he was first introduced). It's more likely that how the Dragons treated their Dragon Slayers is reflected on the characters themselves. I'm on the fence about Rogue tho. He's a good person, but he goes along with Sabertooth for the most part.

19. Mei Lin 爱着你一生一世♡

they think they have ,but their were like 'Abandon kids'

20. Rax Red Regalia of Fire

DF does pretty much quadruple your power, if not more.

But still.

I doubt they had it at such a young age.

I don't even know how their dragons would even let them kill them.

21. CM Pope The Holy Father

All we have to base their power off is Acnowlogia and for all we know he's superior to his brethren.

I have considered that perhaps Sting and Rogue's Dragons weren't as powerful as Acnowlogia was shown to be.

If their personalities can be widely different then I'm of a mind that their strengths and combative abilities vary too.

Rogue sometimes has that air that he doesn't know any better. Sting knows about Fairy Tails way of doing things, yet rejects them. Rogue hears about them and mulls it over as though he's genuinely new to the idea.

22. DrAlligator Otaku ~

I've also been thinking about the whole "we killed our dragons" thing, from the day they claimed so. Things don't add up, with the strength they've displayed against Natsu and Gajeel its simply impossible for them to have even laid a single scratch on these mighty creatures - assuming all dragons are around Acnologia's "Idontgiveafuck" level of power.

However the fact that they have Dragon Lacrima also suggests, that they might have obtained it from their very own dragons. This is were things get confusing because some people believe they used DF to kill their dragons, which is a possible explanation in some ways but its that Lacrima which allows them to use DF at will in the first place.

Conclusion, fuck knows if its true or not - lets see how Mashima will troll us this time.

23. Roman Forever Flame

As have I, and I still don't think what we saw of Dragon Slayers so far, even Dragon Force, could be enough to take on a Dragon when you take account any Dragon's hype. Otherwise, any normal mage could do the job. What's the point of Dragon Slayers then?

24. Senjou tfw meems are lyfe

doubt is a very difficult thing to base your argument on. They could have been exceptionally strong children who were using lacrymia while training. Thus they could have killed their dragons. But ever since day one I always doubted that they killed their dragons.

I think they used the killed dragons excuse as a reason for them disappearing, and since they were small it was incorporated into them. But that's a low possibility.

Also for those who are talking about them being over 70 like natsu, the age thing is still unproven so its better to go with the fact that they are using old/forgotten magic as to the reason Natsu and gajeel couldn't get through freeds barrier.

25. Juvia. Meow.

They take down the big bad dragons that no one can defeat, read my threads bro.

26. Gabe Murim Grand Master

maybe not all dragons are very powerful they vary and there dragons were week. or they let themselves get killed

27. Juvia. Meow.

How come no one ever responds to my threads about these kinds of things? well i guess it's better than a post like bad thread or go die or something.

28. Roman Forever Flame

I'm not saying they didn't kill their Dragons because I doubt they did. I'm saying I doubt they killed their Dragons because they're not powerful enough to have done so.

Seriously, why would IGNEEL THE FIRE DRAGON wonder if humans can be stronger than Dragons if Sting and Rogue already proved they are?

Spoiler: Obvious Answer
    They didn't.

What evidence do you have to support this claim?

29. Juvia. Meow.

^
    Non it's just a way to think if you believe that Sting and Rouge are telling the truth, i prefer to think they are telling the truth. smile-big, it's not my only theory tho and it's the lest likely one, i believe the 2rd one i put is the most likely, but it dose not have to be in that way, just that they let Sting and Rouge believe that they killed there dragons but in truth the dragons just flew away.

But still it's pretty sad to think that the Weakest dragon >>>>> the Strongest Human.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  30. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

They were strong enough to teach them DS magic.

31. LightningFlameDragon Beast Mode

You are also dealing with Mashima here.... His asspulls could go from the dragons sacrificing themselves for them to the dragons transforming into pretty little flowers.

On a serious note though, you've seen how stink and rogue talk about natsu and gajeel? It could've been the dragons that introduced them, thus creating that feeling of " oh I must surpassed you"

32. Roman Forever Flame

So basically, your theory isn't based on any evidence, but purely based on taking Sting and Rogue's word for it. Hardly what I'd call a theory.

33. Juvia. Meow.

Something stated in the manga it's self is evidence, so you can't say i have no evidence.

34. Roman Forever Flame

So the fact that Tobi said he was Madara made it true then? Who was the guy Kabuto summoned with Edo Tensei that fought the five Kage?

You're basically saying that anything a character says in a story is true. You don't even consider the possibility they're lying.

35. Juvia. Meow.

Emm you do understand what evidence is right? because i really don't think you do, evidence is something to support something, it dose not make it true or make it false, if i have evidence to support a claim all it dose it make it more likely but not fact and i said no such thing about it been fact anyhow. Why are you on me because of what i said anyway, it is only a theory and not one i my self really believe, i was just putting it out there so other people can chose what they believe.

36. Boqueiro Member

:distracted

clearly a demonstration of power

37. Roman Forever Flame

You're treating a statement as evidence. It makes the whole point of feats useless. Hype, which is what Sting's and Rogue's statement that they killed their dragons contribute toward, is no indication of how strong they are unless that hype is backed by a feat. The feat is what counts as evidence.

If you don't believe in your theory, why're you defending it so strongly? I already debunked it using Igneel's reflection on whether humans are stronger than Dragons and the fact that Sting and Rogue cannot fight Natsu and Gajeel, who're most certainly nowhere near as strong as a Dragon even as they are now, unless they use Dragon Force.

38. Duckitology ? 寂寞の戰士灬永遠丶無論如何丿永遠巜愛你 。

How's that impossible. There must be something of a dragon that can make the dragon instantly die.. something the manga hasn't shown us yet.

39. Juvia. Meow.

You just said that a character statements means nothing then you say because Igneel said LOL!!! i'm done here.

40. Golden Witch C204

A better example would be:
    "The Kyuubi Incident was a natural disaster"
    We know how that turned out.:lmao

But yeah.Character statements mean nothing as they can be easily turned 180 later.(Unless you're in Umineko and state things in red.)
    Unless further evidence is given that further proves the statement as a fact then it shouldn't be regarded as valid.

Two entirely different things though then again, I don't expect you to understand as it does seem you have not a remote clue about writing or fiction in general.

A character statement =/= fact nor evidence.

Read more.
    Not just Manga, anything.
    Preferrably crime novels to see just how you wrong you are.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  41. Juvia. Meow.

Dude i don't have the time to talk to you anymore so just shhh.

42. Boqueiro Member

He is clearly right. You're the one that should keep to himself.

43. Impact Grimm

Is this how you act when someone tries to give you some friendly advice :giogio you could learn a thing or two from his post.

44. Juvia. Meow.

Lol between the two of you i got like -5 neg wow that hurts.

Also i said i was done talking to him and he carried on posting so i didn't read what he said on both of the last comments, he could of been right, i'm one of the couple people on here that accepts when i'm wrong when i'm not busy as fuck in real life, you no the place where things actually matter.

Also how can any one be right when they say to my face character statements mean nothing then go on to say my argument is because this character said.

Like i said i don't really believe what i said any way, i was just posting some new idea's that might get some attention into what happened.

Edit: I now see it was not Freedman who spoke so i apologize, but as i said i never looked.

45. Roman Forever Flame

As Scarlet Plague said, those are two completely different things. Sting and Rogue made a statement:

"We killed our dragons."

You may take that as full, 100% proof that they killed their dragons. Yet Igneel's reflection:

"I wonder if humans can become stronger than dragons."

Contradicts with the information we're given by Sting and Rogue, indicating that there's a good chance Sting and Rogue lied. Neither is evidence, but one statement which contradicts the other makes the first far less credible.

Also, I didn't just use "what Igneel said." I stated in the same post that the difference in power between Sabertooth's Dragon Slayers and FT's Dragon Slayers is too large for the former to be strong enough to defeat Dragons. They'd have to be Gildartz level mages to take on even a weak Dragon and hope to get away with minor injuries. Even Natsu and Gajeel aren't at that stage yet, but you expect people to think that just because Sting and Rogue said they killed their dragons, that is absolute evidence they're stronger than Gildartz?

I'm also one who will admit I'm wrong, and if we do get evidence that Sting and Rogue DID kill their dragons, I WILL make a thread about it. But so far, they don't have any feats to back up their claim.

46. Juvia. Meow.

When did i say anything about taking it as 100% proof?

47. Roman Forever Flame

48. Juvia. Meow.

And? did i say 100% in that message? evidence can mean anywhere from 1%-100%.

49. Kazuya Mishima Don't tell me your problems.

I figured that out during the last chapter. There is no way those weaklings killed their dragons, unless they rolled over and let them.

50. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

I thought Mashima made that pretty clear when they turned out to be a bunch of pussies. :lmao