1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.

State Your Controversial Naruto Opinions

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by adeshina365, Dec 11, 2016.

1. C-Moon ...

That was one of Kishi's bigger mistakes: he made Naruto and Sasuke into annoying extremes. Sasuke became an edgelord straight out of a teen's fantasy novel, and Naruto went way too far into goody-goody territory.

2. WorldsStrongest One of a Dying Breed

• Sasuke>Naruto from a writing/character standpoint
    • Itachi was kind of a moron
    • Might Gai should have died when he opened the 8th gate, naruto ruined Gais entire character and took all the glory and nobility out of his sacrifice from him with his asspull healing power
    • Sasuke was superior to naruto in power for over half of the entire series, well, thats straight up mathematical fact honestly, look it up, he catches sasuke for the first time ever when he attains SM, which is chapter 400 ish? Theres only 700 total chapters, 50% of 700 = 350...Naruto wasnt shit to sasuke till post 400...ergo...
    • Wayyyy more character death should have happened in the war, mads should have killed the gokage, gai should have died, shikamaru or someone on his team should have died, same with kibas team, if all of team 7 died thered be riots but i bet itd be half interesting, at the very least no team should have made it through unscathed imo
    • There is no good pairing in the entire manga, ShikamaruxTemari is the only one that doesnt feel incredibly forced, the rest all suck, but SasukexSakura is revolting and by far the worst
    • Tsunade totes loved Jman, and thatd be one of the only good pairings in the series if it was canon.
    • Adult Sasuke=Adult Naruto in power
    • I Cant Stand Shikamaru
    • I Cant Stand Orochimaru
    • I Cant Stand Sakura
    • WHY THE ACTUAL FUCK IS IRUKA IN BASICALLY EVERY TOP 10 CHARACTER POLL??? LOOK IT UP IM NOT KIDDING HE IS THERE EVERY DAMN TIME AND IT INFURIATES ME
    • Sarada is one of the only decent female characters in the entire manga and she is the only hope of the next gen
    • Wind>Lightning makes no sense to me, Earth>Lightning would make more sense, i mean, has kishi ever even played pokemon??? Ground(earth) is legit IMMUNE to Electric(lightning)
    • Hiruzen is one of the worst kages from any village ever, in both power and politics.
    • Hashirama being stronger than Mads makes no sense taking into account the whole Indra/Ashra reincarnation thing, the Indra reincarnation is supposed to be insanely gifted and powerful, capable of doing everything on their own from an early age with no help from others, while the ashura reincarnation is supposed to be a weak moron who compensates with nakama power and eventually equals Indra in ability. Yet Hashi was better than Mads from day one and was a genius in his own right, just weird to me.
    • Mads seemed like a bigger threat than kaguya (not saying he was more powerful, just scarier i guess) he was also wayyy better from a written standpoint
    • Kaguya could have been cool if she was handled better tho
    • Tobi (masked Man) was a badass mofo until the second the mask came off, then he was one of the worst things ever. Literally any character aside from obito would have been better imo, saw theories back in the day that Tobi= Izuna, or Shisui, or The freaking Ramen Guy, anything was better than obito.
    • Naruto is a shit parent with no excuses, he has the tools to literally spend every waking hour with his family and never work a second of his life thanks to shadow clones, yet he does the exact opposite and alienates himself from his family as a result...pure parenting genius
    • I think a Minato/Kushina Shinden, about their genin days and minatos training with Jman, and their chunin exams, and minatos missions with obito/kakashi/rin would be an awesome mini series. We could see how they fell in love, who the hell the other 2 genin on minatos team were, we could see him invent rasengan, we could see where the actual F he picked FTG up, we could see him bitchify the raikage and killer bee a dozen times, and have it end with narutos birth.
    • A Madara Vs Hashirama 40 ish minute OVA detailing their final battle, with next to no talking or flashback BS, just 40 minutes of combat, would be badass imo.
    • Best part of the series was from P1 Chunin Exams to FKS, after that in declined imo, the war had some high points, but was overall kinda sub par.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  3. Blu-ray Moderator Moderator

Hashirama did win over Madara how ever short lived, and did not leave him to his own devices but killed him when that turned south.

The senju likewise killed several Uchiha, including his brother. They were at war and no side was more innocent than the other, and the entire point of their truce and Hashirama sparing him was because wantonly killing each other got them nowhere.

He ultimately did what was necessary when it came down to it, so this is just pointless deflection.

I've no idea what you're talking about. When Madara defected Hashirama dealt with him immediately, and battles before that are irrelevant as they were part of the warring states era, and joining with Madara ended that tumultuous time.

That, and Madara's greatest crime at that point was attempting to attack Konoha and he was swiftly dealt with before actually did any damage. Orochimaru on the other hand has a slew of atrocities under his belt and is still free, and in fact continuing his experiments.
    He got hit by Muki Tensei because he defended Sasuke when it wasn't even aimed for him, and getting slashed in half wasn't part of the Izanami keikaku since getting stabbed/slashing off Kabuto's horn was the sensation used as it's base, and getting chopped in half wasn't one of the sensations used (http://mangalife.org/read-online/Naruto-chapter-587-page-2.html) for the loop.

I like Itachi btw.:caticon

4. PhantomSage Well-Known Member

Oh. I recall it being used as a sensation.

5. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

Some subtlety wouldn't have hurt the story, I agree :kickcan

It was particularly painful in the Kage Summit Arc, imho. Sasuke going full retard. Naruto begging, crying, and hyperventilating. Sakura doing whatever she thought she was doing. Kakashi just standing there and doing nothing to change anything- so qualified to be Hokage, that man. Main characters... :facepalm

Controversial opinion: the manga should've ended after the Pein Arc was done. Sasuke should've acknowledged his brother's wishes, and at least made his sacrifice worth a shit. And Naruto should've had a bloody answer to the issues which Nagato brought up about the bad side of the shinobi world. The end.

6. Arthas Anko's Lover

I agree with everything of your post except this.

One of my controversial opinions is that I believe Sasuke should have stopped idolizing Itachi way back and have a different motivation then just his brother.

Seriously I can buy Sasuke loving his brother and even sympathizing with him but at the end of the day the guy did kill all of Sasuke's clan and family, tried to deceive him and in case that failed had a backup plan where he arranged Sasuke to be mind-controlled.

Why would any sibling want to respect the wishes of a brother like that? or give two hoots about his 'sacrifice' ? I would have had Sasuke go after the Elders not just for Itachi but also his parents / clan (Sasuke never bothers to mention them after the Itachi reveal).

The way it is right now, every bad thing you can say about Naruto chasing and forgiving Sasuke you could say about Sasuke and Itachi.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Haruka Katana Catstabber

My controversial opinion: since part 2, everytime Naruto is present, Kishi had to make people around him into retards so he can make Naruto look good, aka jesusruto.

Because of Fujoshits.

Kakairu is one of the most popular yaoi pairing in Naruto.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

Yeah, the problem is that Itachi is written horribly. He's too inconsistent. If he had been evil, Kishi should've let him stay evil. If he had been good, Kishi shouldn't have let Itachi do the shit he did to Sasuke. Or at the very least not let him take things that far. While a bit of hatred was good- it gave Sasuke a purpose for his hatred, a reason to grow- things went too far. I bet Itachi didn't expect Sasuke to go to Orochimaru, but then again... Itachi was the one who mindraped Sasuke for no good reason. While Naruto's rapid growth was also a reason for Sasuke to doubt himself, I think it was Itachi who pushed him over the edge.

That said, Itachi knew the Uchiha clan was a lost cause. Had he not ended them, they would've tried a coup, which would likely have led to a civil war (which in turn invited the other nations to exploit Konoha's weakened state, causing a world war). It would've been better if Itachi had used that second Tsukuyomi on Sasuke as a way to make Sasuke see that the Uchiha had dug their own graves, leaving Itachi with only one way out to rescue Sasuke.

Of course... that is under the presumption that Kishimoto even knew that Itachi was a good guy during pt1, rather than just changing his mind about the character in the middle of the story :lmao

9. oMeGa1904 Dr. Maddie Ahn

Sasuke returning to Konoha after revelation is plain dumb. Sasuke could have just go after the elders, and if anyone opposes then he would cut him down. Making him the antagonist, Or just say fuck it and move to another village. Altho that'd be just boring. Sasuke praising Itachi is what made him short-sighed at the end.

10. Klue Youth Losing

Momoshiki's new Ogre design looks amazing, but the recap battle was shit. :catdude

Punching/Kicking the Kages aside, nothing new came from it.

Shit opinion.

Leaves too much on the table: Sasuke, Obito, Madara, and Danzou. Author spent a great deal of time hinting at major events involving those four. I admit, three out of four being Uchiha is a bit more than the a reader can handle. So it's pretty obvious a number of us hate how things turned out, but we can't ignore them. Bad enough he hasn't explained shit about the Otsutsuki.

Seriously, WTF Kishi?

:lbj

If anything, there should have been a long stretch of manga, where the author takes his time exploring the other villages and their history. Doing this prior to the Masked Man's war was absolutely necessary.

Bat shit crazy laugh moment forgotten. :catsmug

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  11. MethX Member

Oh, true dat. Tharr chapter be feeling a lil more forced than previously.

12. WorldsStrongest One of a Dying Breed

• Makes no sense to me that during the warring states era the senju were=the uchiha, excluding mads, izuna, hashi and tobirama, how the hell is senju fodder>Uchiha fodder? I mean, no senju aside from hashi has mokuton, so its essentially a bunch of randoms with good endurance Vs a bunch of randoms with sharingan and also good endurance...how does that mean they equals?
    • What the actual hell happened to all of the senju clan? Am i drawing a blank or did kishi legit not explain that shit???
    • There are very few legitimately well written females in this manga and it kinda peeves me. I can only think of 2 who were good from start to finish, and thats Temari and Tsunade, the rest are sub par on their best day. Fingers crossed for sarada tho.
    • Kakuzu/Hidan were badass and should have lived much further into the series and expanded on their abilities.
    • Mokuton, while i agree is insanely powerful, is a really dumb ability with a stupid premise.
    • Nejis Viewpoint on Destiny was 110% true, i mean, Naruto turned out to be a child of prophecy ffs, so much for hard work overcoming genius, naruto was a legit descendant of his verse's version of jesus...
    • Sasuke should have been a way more important character in The Last.
    • I cant stand Sai
    • I cant stand Kabuto
    • Pain should have legit killed Naruto, he was wayyyy out of narutos league, theres no other way to describe narutos victory there aside from a massive case of LOLPLOT. If kishi wanted that fight to happen, it should have happened way later after naruto got way more powerful.
    • Orochimaru and Kabuto should have been burned at the fucking stake for what they did, or at least locked up and throw away the key, instead they got a hokage seal of approval from kakashi/naruto...and people say sasuke made questionable decisions...
    • The best Konoha team by far was Team 10, despite how much i hate shikamaru, the team had the best chemistry and were really well written as a whole.
    • Itachi was never meant to be a good guy until well into part 2, that was a huge retcon from kishi.
    • Madara is an amazing villain.
    • Minato should have been around way more somehow, he was awesome, same with kushina.
    • Narutos Parents were way better written and way cooler than he was.
    • Kakashi getting both Sharingan in the kaguya fight was one of the most disgusting things in this manga.

13. Platypus Well-Known Member

↑ Kishimoto intended to make Itachi a "good guy" from the moment he was formally introduced in the manga. His execution just sucked.

14. Hussain .

IIRC, according to part 1, getting the sharingan was also unique and not everyone from the clan can get it.
    Of course, that might have been retconned for the Izanagi/Izanami bullshit. I dunno. :catdude

15. WorldsStrongest One of a Dying Breed

16. HoroHoro ---

Yeah, Hiruzen turning a blind eye to Orochimaru's experiments is far from being his worst action. I'd say his worst offender was handling the Uchiha massacre. He just sat on his ass all day until shit hit the fan. He let the Uchiha's dissatisfaction of being alienated and discriminated escalate to an upcoming coup. He never did anything to explain to the public why the Uchiha were not behind the Nine-Tails attack, leading the community to spread hearsay about them and intensifying the tension between the Uchiha and Konoha.

When he found out about the Uchiha planning a coup, he failed to respond timely and allowed Danzo to do as he pleased and enabled him to solve this matter with severe brutality against the Uchiha behind his back. Even after the Uchiha were annihilated, he let Danzo remain in power rather than putting his shady ass in prison because it'd upset him. He's a wishy-washy and incompetent leader who let Danzo walk over him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Do not try to quantify fodder. They are no names who all have the same purpose of being fill ins, no matter where they come from.

18. oMeGa1904 Dr. Maddie Ahn

Well, i was talking only on that incident in allowing Orochimaru to leave, damaging/killing his team under his care is worse that if he knew or not about the rumors imo. However the worse thing in Hiruzen's rule was indeed the Uchiha genocide fiasco. It paints him as a incompetent, willful ignorant, lip service hypocrite wishy washy leader. To add more salt to the wound, he let Root has his practices under Danzo. And we know Root practices were probably even as inhumane as Bloody Mist if DB III is of any indication (http://i.imgur.com/qtoLsRt.png) (anime also seems to confirm this). Considering Sai was a minor, Hiruzen failed to his so-called ideals of 'protection for the new generation' lip service with the other Uchiha children conveniently ambiguously presented in the manga to not shit on his character more. It effectively makes from worst village to best, Bloody Mist > Konoha >>>> any other village, by acts presented in the manga. Conveniently pushed all bad deeds to Danzo when Hiruzen was the Hokage and could have acted or investigated such practices. He chose to be willful ignorant in his own bubble, not dealing with complicated stuff.

19. Jinnobi Active Member

- Itachi is the best character in the series. He's requires a mature mindset to analyze his motivations and actions. He's ends up the most loving character in the series, saves basically everyone from impeding doom, and ultimately accomplishes his missions extremely well. A deep and poignant character that I remember long after the manga ended and the rest of the cast became insignificant.

- Itachi's full power was never explored. His maximum potential outstripped pretty much everyone, but due to plot and his gentle nature, we've never gotten a chance to see "bloodlusted" Itachi. With the Rinnegan and a new set of eyes, he'd tear through the competition. Besides, everyone had either deep respect or outright fear of Itachi, and they've never seen the potential that both Zetsu and Itachi himself proclaimed. Then factor in the hype other characters gushed throughout the series. We saw the top of the iceberg, and even that was deeply impressive. It's just that some people don't want to see it because they don't like Itachi for "reasons."

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. MasterORB Active Member

• I think that Sasuke is more of a main character than Naruto, he even became a child of prophecy without anybody tell him;
    • The Boruto and some of they companions are not really that interesting besides Sarada and Mitsuki and Gaara kids;
    • Power levels in this manga doesn't mean shit;
    • Future Boruto is a ripoff o Naruto/Sasuke/Itachi/Kakashi and I don't like it;
    • Both Boruto the movie and The Last, Suck has movies;
    • The anime writers suck and don't understand the characters;
    • The games aren't that good to begin with are just ok;
    • 90% of this fanbase sucks;
    • This story is not about a underdog;
    • I find Hinata overrated;
    I probably will post some more for now this it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • List
  21. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

The games are so boring and repetitive. How do people play it i will never know. It's like they have been reselling the same game since generations. It doesn't really matter what characters you choose, no gameplay that actually makes you think or strive for anything, lazy jutsu options for any character who ain't close to a main.

I can't believe they took out the ultimate jutsu movie thing. Look at their special(some where decent) was probably the only thing good about the game. The road to boruto DLC is so underwhelming lol they are juicing the fans by rehashing storm 4 :lmao
    :skully
    Character wise right? I'd have to agree.

22. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

• The biggest reason the War Arc dragged on wasn't pacing, prophecies or power levels. Its that Naruto's character barely needed developed as he was pretty much finished just was entering the war. And if nothing happens to develop a character's personality, nothing important happens to them at all. In fact Naruto and Sasuke were almost ready at the end of the Land of Iron Arc.
    • The prophecies sucked, but their importance to the characters and themes is massively overrated in the fanbase.
    • Shikamaru's revenge on Hidan was vastly different to Sasuke's because Shikamaru didn't screw over his teammates or his village to do it.
    • A lot of the minor characters popularity comes from filler arcs (especially Squad 8's and Tenten's).
    • The Edos would have been a lot more dramatic if they'd stayed as weapons with all the power and skills of the living shinobi but a total lack of humanity. It would have made them more creepy and infuriated the loved ones the edos had left behind. The awesomeness of Trollkage was not worth undercutting the importance of death or the sappiness of Gaara's true backstory.
    • Gaara's TNJ was the most unrealistic in the manga. Him going from psycho killer to beloved world leader so suddenly was a load of crap, especially since Kishi gave him enough panel time to give less jarring character development.
    • Mei Temuri was best waifu before the epilogue. Nice boobs + low self esteem when it comes to romance + not being under 18 = hot.

Also, kind of a big one.
    'Gaining power from hard work' isn't quite the theme that was important. Its more like 'Gaining power from the right places'. Characters who get power from those who want to use them as weapons or stepping stones don't get what they want even if they get stronger. Characters who get power from those who truly want to look out for their best interests succeed.

Oh, not sure about how unpopular this one is, but I think Konohamaru is an incredibly lame character and colossal waste of time. And that Sai should have been Boruto and Sarade's sensei instead because it would show that he could form relationships with a team and he couldn't possibly do a crappier job training Boruto than Konohamaru did.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  23. Klue Youth Losing

They have this power, equal to the Sharingan, that we know nothing about. :catskully

24. Jinnobi Active Member

Four dislikes, four disagrees... For a thread asking for controversial opinions, looks like I'm winning.

25. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

Jiriya could have taken itachi and kisame back in part 1.
    Jiriya was in the top five of the world.
    Lee and neji were nerfed and should have been kage level by the end war.

26. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

It seemed pretty straightforward to me, they had a fuckload of chakra. Even without mokuton they probably had powerful earth or water ninjutsu like Tobirama.

27. WorldsStrongest One of a Dying Breed

So did the uchiha clan tho...actually the uchiha were hyped to have even more than the senju, as it says in the scan, the uchiha had the sages eyes and chakra powers, while the senju got vitality

and physical energy

Which any fodder uchiha with a sharingan should have been able to predict and either avoid or counter it easily, or even copy it and troll the senju.

28. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Prowess likely refers to their skill in using chakra rather than the amount of chakra they had. In the same way that early on Naruto could make a fuckload of clones because he had so much stamina while Sasuke had less stamina but learned complicated jutsu much more easily (although through training they both seemed to be moving past that by the end of Part 1). The stamina is more linked to the physical side while the prowess is linked to the mental side.

Sharingans have their limits. They can't see through physical objects like earth walls. The Senju were likely well aware that genjutsu only works when you look them in the eyes. Sharingan users also can't overcome their physical limits when they copy jutsu. So its likely that the fodder Senju were just using jutsu that were too powerful to counter a lot of the time. Not to mention having stamina and stronger bodies hints that the Senju were better at taijutsu. And as Lee said before he beat up Sasuke, taijutsu is the sharingan's weakness. There are plenty of ways Uchihas could have been, and in fact have been, wrecked by people with a variety of jutsu.

29. Blu-ray Moderator Moderator

I don't think that was ever implied. It seemed more like Hashirama was so much stronger than everyone else combined that it buffed the overall standing of the clan. The Uchiha came to be considered the strongest in Konoha somewhere along the line after it was founded and there was no more Hashirama, so that's just my theory on it.

30. Hussain .

The Senju has Hashirama, but the uchiha had Asspulldara who also was much stronger than any other uchiha.
    The Senju has Tobirama who is stronger than the 2nd strongest uchiha at the time, which is Izuna.

Their parents were also portrayed/stated to be equal.

31. ℜai 노블레스

Hashirama is stronger than Madara+Izuna combined.

32. Blu-ray Moderator Moderator

Hashirama was stronger than Madara though. That, and every Uchiha at least has the potential to awaken Sharingan and upgrade it to MS. Hashirama on the other hand was a monster completely unique onto himself.

33. Milliardo G.L.P.

Did you expect otherwise with statements like these especially the bold?

I mean controversial opinions is the point of the thread so you are perfectly in line with that. :LOS

34. Yuz Possum up a Gum Tree

• Naruto could've defeated Sasuke if he wanted to in Vote2.
    • Adult Naruto and Adult Sasuke are equal in terms of power, though.
    • Adult Sakura>Tsunade.
    • Jiraiya's death was the most shocking among all.
    • Neji's death was not necessary.
    • Hinata was the worst female in the series.
    • Konan's character was better developed then Tsunade, she is the closest to be the best female character in the series.
    • Kakashi's the best male character in the series followed by Sasuke.
    • Jiraiya isn't stronger then Itachi.
    • Itachi was the best written character in the series.
    • Nagato is stronger then Itachi but loses to Minato.
    • Obito was the most decent villain after Oro.
    • Kaguya and Hidan were shit.
    • Kishi wasted Deidara's character, he could've been better.
    • Madara is terribly developed.
    • Shisui and Izuna could've gotten more sreen time on panel.
    • Konoha's feudal lords should've died.
    • Kabuto could've been more badass.
    • War arc was disappoting but it got better close to the end.
    • Naruto should've ended up in Kage summit arc.
    • Hiruzen was the worst Hokage and shitty character.
    • Minato was the best Hokage.
    • Taka team should've developed a more, the way Kishi put an end to Team Taka was terrible and one of the worst of the series.
    • Kishi should've developed more Sasuke's Rinnegan abilities.
    • The way Madara was taken down by BZ was merely a joke.
    • Ashura and Indra and the brothers feud was the best of the War arc.
    • Shikamaru wasn't that smart.
    • Kishi's greatest plotholes: Jiraiya abandoning Naruto until he decided to come back when he was 12 being his Godfather and Minato's death could've avoided, Madara using perfect Susanoo without Rinnegan and Kakashi magically awakening PS and even worse, getting MS after Obito's death.
    • Sarada is well developed meanwhile Boruto's just part 1 Naruto's clone.
    • Himawari has potential to be as good as Sarada and perhaps, better.
    • THE LAST, GAIDEN AND NEW GEN SHOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  35. Vino

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  36. professor83 Was I able to live inside your Heart?

• Who were the team mates of 3rd raikage . Raikage needed to buy 3 days and nights
    • Uchiha Obito is the teacher/mentor of Uchiha Itachi
    • Obito/Pain could have destroyed itachi whenever they wanted. Even for a disgrace among uchihas obito was more intelligent than itachi.
    • I cant stand any of pairings in naruto except minato kushina. Sasuke and Sakura are the worst among them
    • I cant stand Uchihas especially war arc obito. He is the shittiest character in the show.
    • Rin: Obito i have been watching you "You did your best" :troll Naruto: He was the coolest guy"
    • Sakura has next to no development for a so called main character such that her usefuleness has to be compared to side characters.
    • Naruto was more annoying than Sakura when it came to Sasuke
    • Hebi sasuke was more impressive than ms sasuke
    • Sasuke in war arc was just unimpressive.

37. Hussain .

The Senju clan was called, according to the Databook, the clan of the 1000 hands or something
    because they were very good in Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and Genjutsu. So, even tho the fodder uchiha has some advantages, the fodder
    Senju has others which is why they are balanced out.

You said Hashi was unique, ok, but Tobirama did not have this KKG and yet he created his own jutsu and was able to defeat the
    best thing the uchiha has to offer at the time which is the MS. it may be the same with the others. who knows... :catdude

38. Blu-ray Moderator Moderator

The Uchiha excelled in all three of those things as well though. Sharingan literally gave you the means to copy them all bar bloodlines, and they had a high aptitude for techniques even without it.

Even he was an outlier among the senju though, not the standard. Kinda like what Itachi was to the Uchiha. Doubt the others can be compared to him as the likes of Tsunade is the current Senju gold standard.

Mainly I'm just saying the gulf between the standard Uchiha and Madara isn't as wide as the gulf between standard Senju and Hashirama, so the loss of both would be a bigger blow to them.

39. Hussain .

you can only copy the Elements if you actually have them. But even if they copied them, the Senju have more chakra them which will allow them to make their jutsu stronger than the uchiha. :hm

Same thing can be said about fodder uchihas. :mlpshrug
    They can't be compared to itachi or Izuna, which means overall they will end up the same as well. :hm
    It's pretty much is. Asspulldara was weaker than Hashirama, but he still can take him on to his limits. :hm

either way, I guess the main problem is basically Kishi not given a single flying fuck about anything that is not uchiha. It's just him doing
    the talk, but not doing the walk. Meh. :catdude

40. Sir Jogga King of Inanity

Gaara being a Kage so early was fucking stupid

41. HoroHoro ---

It still annoys me to no-end that a complete and utter psychopath became the Kazekage in less than two years, and all the fear and hatred upon him disappeared with no explaination and he was suddenly beloved by everyone who feared him as a maniacle monster despite the fact that he was prone to going on random killing sprees for no other reason because than the fact that no one loved him growing up.

42. Sir Jogga King of Inanity

Gaara straight up hated the people in the village. Ninjas tried to kill him and citizens feared him, so I call bullshit on them just accepting Gaara like that. Especially someone who was so mentally ill.

I mean fuck, didn't his father order his men, which included Gaara's uncle, to murder him in cold blood? Why would he want the job of the man who ordered his death and made his life so miserable? Why would he want to protect the people that wanted nothing to do with him?

Worst part it that we never even got to see his development. A story like that would actually be profound if there were any actual meaning to it, an arc for the character or some shit. What we got was just as lazy as it was inane.

43. Blu-ray Moderator Moderator

Once again barring the aberration that was Hashirama, the Uchiha in general were the ones with enormous chakra (https://public-bn1306.files.1drv.com/y3pM5Yx-g9TMiBiP-11Syhy1NYVR1C96fG-KKvvTJvM4xeNEGvnWfltDqyUIO-hn1zAuSwMa_sBmtY5WhaljdvMABVz1IfLWOkdyGe-M2w7QcZ369_kZY_0tmWOIXVWhX35LuE0GMHW-5mlsSZIkex7Tw/Databook%203%2c%20page%20193.jpg?psid=1&rdrts=157566433)/powerful chakra (http://mangalife.org/read-online/Naruto-chapter-462-page-12.html). Senju had stamina and vitality which would only make them last longer, not make their techniques stronger. Though outlasting instead of overpowering accomplishes the same shit in the end anyway I suppose.

That's exactly what I said though. Itachi was the Uchiha equivalent to Tobirama. Something far outside of the norm for both clans.

Can't disagree with you there. The utter lack of Senju is because that clan rivalry business wasn't even conceptualized back then.:meh

44. MasterORB Active Member

Here's the problems with the games the they have something on their hands but they don't update certain characters or their moves like Juggo for example is awakening is not is version 2 of is curse seal.

Yes, on the entire history she only did one thing of significance and it was not that great.

45. oMeGa1904 Dr. Maddie Ahn

- Hashirama is a Senju anomaly. He's more a reincarnated Shinju like some kind of Anakin in NV. Like how his technique is closely related to how Madara summoned the fucking Shinju. How his inexplicable regenerative powers are more akin to how Zetsu or otsutsukis regenerate or how any 'otsutsuki modes' did before (Obito and Madara). There are too many parallels.

- NV moral hypocrisy in events surprisingly makes their world with a feudal like morality more than current one. You kill, let fodders be killed, you rarely face consequences. You disrespect or hurt authorities, you are killed. Only people with power can demand and seek for justice. The fodders are a non issue. Positive it was not Kishi's intention but that's how it turned out with his protagonists centered morality.

- I don't think Ino loved Sasuke. Seems more a competition thing against Sakura for her breaking their friendship. Ino seemed to be genuinely hurt about that episode and formed a grudge/competition from that. Sure Ino likes him but to an extent. She never pushed as far and seemingly backed off after FoD scene.

- Hiruzen died as a fool as he was in life, his mistakes caught up to him in the form of Orochimaru. He was probably his first obvious mistake.

- Karin was a good character in KS arc. Altho she was used as a plot tool for Sasuke descend to darkness. She could have been a good character overall if Kishi just bend her 'fangirlsm' a little and if she were given more agency after.

- Hinata is the typical shrinking violet doormat. Not convinced she evolved from that, she remained the same insecure person. I find her boring for the entire series.

- I'm fine with Sarada's character in gaiden but not the plot. It's too contrived. Bolt!Sarada is just a shadow of the former.

- Elders should have been jailed or executed. A forced retirement in the form of house arrest would have been just as fine for this kiddy series.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  46. adeshina365 Destruction Incarnate

47. Arthas Anko's Lover

- Itachi was more suited to be Indra's reincarnation then Sasuke (Everything I read about Indra applies far more to Itachi then Sasuke).

- Following on from that, if one considers the Itachi and Sasuke relationship then Sasuke is more like Asura (Bonds with T7, then Orochimaru for power then Hebi/Taka.) Asura is the guy who relies on others right? While Indra does things himself ? *cough* Itachi *cough*.

48. Hussain .

But if you are an itachi fan, why would you even want this dumb plot to be applied to his character? :catdude

49. Arthas Anko's Lover

I am very far from being a fan of Itachi's character. In fact I think Itachi sucks character wise. I am in fact a Sasuke fan*. I just think through out the entire manga Itachi was portrayed as a better ninja / more skilled / more of a genius then Sasuke was by far (Sasuke is stronger in terms of power at the end only) and considering Sasuke was meant to surpass him that leaves a bad taste in my mouth particularly when Sasuke was supposed to surpass him and is meant to a type of reincarnation of super genius who did things himself....

* Note: I used to be a normal Sasuke fan right up till the Kage summit when Sasuke's portrayal character and feat wise went down hill on an express train. From that point on I became a disappointed Sasuke fan.

I suppose in a wierd way I am a Sasuke version of a Naruto fan looking at Naruto and going "what the heck is this child of destiny crap and descendant of geniuses who is fated to win? and why is he crying and fainting like that ? I thought my favorite character defied destiny, was a hard worker and etc etc."

Now imagine a Sasuke fan who feels much the same way about the direction that Sasuke's character was taken during the Kage Summit and you get me. Only thing is that unlike Naruto, Sasuke did not even get a good portrayal at the end of the manga to make me proud of his character again.

50. Klue Youth Losing

It's Love over power. Sauce tried to chop those bonds.

Itachi was lovin' on the low.