1. Miss Akihabara 2017: Preliminary Round: Nominations & Qualifications (inc. Naruto and one piece).
    Is currently being held in the Akihabara district, visit the thread here to find out more.

State Your Controversial Naruto Opinions

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by adeshina365, Dec 11, 2016.

1. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

And yet none of the editors ever told him that it was bullshit.. then again, considering how SJ has been butchering stories it would be wrong to expect anything worthwhile from them. I mean, the way Naruto ended was bad, but look at Bleach :catdude

2. DVD Moderator Moderator

Seemed like he had more free reign, seeing as this was what he wanted to write according to him and it was the supposed grand finale.

As for bleach, Kubo said he ended bleach on his own terms, hard to believe as that is. Plus while SJ might have given bleach the axe, Naruto had the opposite problem of being milked too much.

3. The Death & The Strawberry Nagato/Pain fanboy

- Part 1 was ridiculously superior to part 2 in terms of plot, character development, etc.

- War arc wasn't all that bad

- Sakura is overrated

4. HoroHoro ----

Controversial opinion, friendo. Not universal opinion.

5. The Death & The Strawberry Nagato/Pain fanboy

Lol, that's weird. Most of the people I've seen have said that Part 2 is better than part 1.

6. Suekay Member

- Kakashi without the Sharingan isn't anywhere near as weak as many seem to think he is. For one he'll have more chakra now since the Sharingan isn't constantly draining it, and he can likely still make partial use of Chidori and Raikiri if conditions are right.
    - Naruto is a good dad as evidenced by all the family pictures around the house, but not a perfect one. The Boruto movie was their family going through a bad patch as virtually all families do.
    - Boruto is a brat (but he has heaps of potential and a lot of room to improve and I hope he does). Sarada has far more valid reasons for acting up and yet she doesn't.
    - If Obito had gifted his Sharingan to just about anyone else in Konoha, they would likely not have been able to learn to utilise it like Kakashi did.
    - There's no way Sakura surpassed Tsunade during the war. Perhaps by the time of Boruto she has, but in sheer depth of knowledge and experience Tsunade still has her soundly beaten by the end of part 2.
    - Hiruzen was the worst Hokage by far. Not the weakest, but the worst in terms of leadership abilities.
    - Yamato deserved better
    - I've always believed that Hinata never wanted to be a ninja in the first place and only became one as she felt it was her duty

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

8. The Death & The Strawberry Nagato/Pain fanboy

9. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spoiler:

X

X

X

X

Longed for his dad´s aknowledgement to the point of burning himself training had his first family brutally massacred by idolized bro and his clan ethnic cleansed by gov orders.

Spoiler:

X

X

X ç

X

X

X

X

X

X

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  10. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

Well, at best I'd consider the first half of shippuuden to be best- 'till the point where Nagato gets his TnJ and dies.
    Or perhaps art-wise.
    But the overall story and character development? Pt1 wins with ease.

Exactly. Considering their pasts their 'developments' in Gaiden and the Borrito movie make so little sense it could be considered to be SP-tier filler trash :catdude

11. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

1. It was a good idea to expand the characters and plot of part two.
    2. Sasori vs. Sakura was a waste of an arc since the series really didn't follow much with this story (characterization, pace).
    3. While the new characters injected fresh energy into the series, it might have been a good idea to just continue with the old cast.

12. Lemongrab Well-Known Member

That Gaiden trash is on Kishi. Even with the movie by itself you could conclude that maybe Sasuke goes, and comes every few months. That's what I thought at least when chapter 700 came out.

But nope, Kishi thinks it's better to have Sasuke absent for several years. Reason? Because it's "interesting".

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  13. Hussain .

I would say he is overrated tbh. Kakashi even with the Sharingan/MS was struggling with Zabuza during the war arc and needed help against him. It seems like he never improved. :catdude

14. Vino

15. Harbour I stole all bitches.

Naruto is absolutely shitty manga that leaves you with the bad taste on the tongue. Looking at it globally as a complete work you can easily see how the plot was overall idiotic and full of holes, morality and idea were wrong and if they were right then they were badly executed, and characters were mostly bad written and humiliated. Epilogue as well as the whole work leave you dried, cringing and facepalming. Thats Naruto guys.

16. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

Just as it was "interesting" to make Naruto struggle with paperwork. Even if he can spawn more clones than anyone cares to count, Kishi thinks it is a good idea to make him struggle with a bunch of papers.

After the fiasco of the Shinobi World War, Gaiden was a chance for Kishi to prove that he hadn't totally lost it. Instead he ruined his two main characters... :facepalm

17. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Or make him help old ladies buy groceries but not finding time to visit his own wife. :hurr

His family is the least important matter likely due to him expecting his wife to be understanding and forgiving.

Sasuke's mission which requires him to walk through deserts and forests for a decade or so is just as hilarious if not more. Not sending his daughter even letters via hawk is pure lulz.

Kishi tried too hard to make them flawed human beings by making them fail with managing duties and family life.

Why marry at all if the family is just an afterthought? Aside of course from "making" babies to carry on the next generation of parallulz and what not. :cat

At least Naruto by the end of the movie seems to realize how hard to failed and promises to make it up to his son. Sasuke also ,now that the Kaguya matters are over, might stay in the village far more often. Unless he got addicted to those deserts and forests lol.

18. Patrick Order Intensifies

Kekkai Genkai should have stayed really rare. There were so many options to create creative fights with just the 5 basic elements, Taijutsu and Genjutsu. Having a couple of people here and there with unique abilities that nobody has a clue on how to beat once in a while is a great way to shake things up but suddenly almost all of the strong characters had to have a special ability one way or the other. It didn't feel special anymore after a while, just obligatory.

19. 12771a The Warrior of Cosmos

Hiruzen is the worst hokage
    Naruto looks super cool without his headband. Which is why I think his storm 2 hokage outfit was his best design.
    Spoiler:
    X

Obito being tobi was the best choice but of course it could've been handled better.

20. Klue 輪廻

And I shamelessly look the other way, because that new "Kaguya Space-Time" reachin' jutsu is just so damn good.

:bury :bury :bury

But yeah, I agree.

Only a Kakashi fan.

X

He's strong enough to be Hokage. Let's throw him that bone and leave it at that.

X

If that character played the same role in the plot as Kakashi, then they would have.

21. Haruka Katana Catstabber

I honestly saw Kishi as this extremely Bizzare human being.

Like you can predict the illogical shit he does because he would seriously do that shit :giogio

22. Indra Well-Known Member

I tend to look at Kishimoto differently because he seems like an author who enjoys to fuck his characters up for the hell of it. Maybe he's a masochist for the pen :doge

Because if you ask me the things he does just seems extremely unorthodox. Maybe his first editor was the key to Naruto all along.

I mean as soon as he left, Naruto started having heart attacks for Sasuke.... :arg

23. Hussain .

On the bright side, we at least know that whether Kishi took "rest" or not, his story-telling wouldn't have changed. :doge

At least for those who were saying he needed to take a break and come back fresh. It's the same shit. :catdude

24. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

Yeah... Kishi pretty much confirmed his own incompetence. Probably also why the Burrito spinoff is done by a dude who can barely draw instead of him.

I really wonder what kind of shit Kishi's new manga is going to be. Will he go full yaoi this time? :catskully

25. Indra Well-Known Member

Sigh, you're right. I wouldn't just put it past Kishimoto at this point, mostly anything Naruto related has been pretty crappy.

Whether it's Novels (I haven't read all of them to judge but... didn't like them that much), Movies (Either SP made or whomever, canon or non-canon), Anime itself, and what-ever else... It's all been severely lackluster. Do not get me wrong, some of these have had their moments of course.

But generally anything 'Naruto' related these days leaves you with a 'meh' and it's just ... boring. I expect no less with the Boruto Manga, just a quick cash grab to fill in the blanks of a series Kishimoto doesn't care to write anymore. The anime will be much worse I suspect

They probably fear that if they do not release a lot of Naruto content now, people will mostly just forget about it overtime and it'll die down. As one of Shueshia's main money making machines, we are in full throttle now.

No one cares about writing a deep or complex story filled with world building and development. They just want to fill their pockets and jab at old tropes to make you feel empty inside.

:/

26. fuff Maybe next time ;)

around what chapter/event did his editor leave??

lol @ naruto having heart attacks for sasuke. naruto was pretty damn gay for sasuke

27. Indra Well-Known Member

I think Naruto's editor left after Sasuke v. Itachi, but, I suspect they had written drafts up until the Pain Arc. Mainly due to seeing Pain in bits and pieces before his first character/ability appearance in the Jiraiya battle.

28. fuff Maybe next time ;)

why did he leave tho? was it ever revealed?

29. Haruka Katana Catstabber

It is going to be "shit you've never seen before."
    Its basically what he says but in the end its going to be like the Apple product.

Different but stupid as fuck :doge

I hope i don't trigger some Apple users here

30. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

iirc the original editor left prior the Invasion of Pein arc, yet he and Kishi already had the story wrapped up for that arc at the time.

After the Pein arc shit went downhill quickly, though. The Kage Summit arc already had some of the most retarded moments of the story (Naruto hyperventilating, Sasuke going full retard, Sakura with her bogus confession and failed attempt at trying to stop Sasuke, Obito announcing his plan like a cliché villain, etc) and that was before the war even started :lmao

Yeah... the story was sold out. Anything creative or new is shot down immediately, opting for the quick solution that makes the most money. In short: repetition of what has proven to work. Dragonball went down thanks to it too. Perhaps the Naruto franchise became too successful for its own good?

On the other end, we don't yet know what the new dude is planning with the original content for the Boruto manga. While the outlooks are bad, with the crappy art and the useless rehash, it might be... I dunno, something 'new'? Although the whole 'new villain threatens the world' things is already too cliché to be interesting. Naruto supposedly being dead was done before as well. Not to say that the new gen, aside from Sarada, simply fails to interest me. Well, Himawari was awesome in that oneshot.

31. Platypus Well-Known Member

@fuff @-Ziltoid- @lndra
    X
    He's currently the editor-in-chief of Jump Sq., Jump's monthly shounen magazine.

On a side note, Kishimoto has been talking with Yahagi about his new series. And considering he doesn't want to do a weekly serialization anymore they'll probably publish his new manga in Jump Square.

X

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  32. Epyon Active Member

Sasuke was the one that offered Naruto his food, the one that saved Naruto from the Demon Brothers, the one that initiated their joint tree walking training the one that wanted to work together against Haku and the one too openly acknowledge them as close too family in the Gaara fight.
    Naruto didn't truly appreciate Sasuke until he left. Same with the Third Hokage, same with Jiraiya. Shikamaru and the others never left him so they'll never get acknowledged as his true closest friends. Naruto is perfectly consistent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  33. fuff Maybe next time ;)

its almost the end of year and still no new info haha

34. Platypus Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  35. HunterxH Member

- Naruto is one of the worst and most nonsensical characters on his own titular show. Might even be the worst.

36. Biothrang Member

Gai should've died and Tobi shouldn't have been Obito

37. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Naruto as a character has taken way too many L's where it counts(especially being a titular character), but i think calling him the worst is overlooking a few folks. But yeah his development and consistency left something to be desired. It's like kishi kept restarting/rewriting his character at various points in the story or something.

38. oMeGa1904 Will of Hatred

Naruto is the prime example of protagonist centered morality. He fights for people he can relate and forgives them easily with no jail time nor anything. If anything i see Sasuke, even if disturbed as he is, doing one of the most hero-like moves at the beginning of the manga. He risked and almost gave his life for his teammate, even if he didn't know him nor particularly like him at that time. Naruto up to that point never risked his life for people he didn't know nor have a relationship with. He saved Iruka cause he was like a big-brother/father to him.

Itachi deserved to die. He's the prime example of how a zealot with "charismatic" personality behaves. Nothing more than that.

Lol, didn't think from that perspective xD.

39. HoroHoro ----

This. People give Sasuke so much shit for being a batshit insane edgelord supreme, but quite frankly, I found him more heroic than Naruto himself despite committing crimes. Aside for the following reasons you've listed, Sasuke killed international criminals like Deidara and Itachi, he beat crooks like Orochimaru, called out his inhumane practices and freed prisoners. In contrast, Naruto did nothing to stop Orochimaru and for all I care, turned a blind eye to inhumane practices like human experiments and trafficking. He wasn't the slightest bit outraged that this twisted motherfucker experimented on babies, he was outraged with whether or not Sasuke cheated on Sakura. When Naruto judges a person, he puts whatever he relates to them on a superficial level above all else, even basic morals and human integrity. He's one of the most conceited and narcissistic characters in this series, which the author hides under the disguise of a sunshine goofball.

This too, Itachi was just another blind Konoha idiot who thought the collective interest of his stupid village was more important than his loved ones. He's just a peace at all cost extremist hidden under the face of a charismatic man. Just about everything with Itachi is the reason why I hate this series, Kishimoto tried to portray family loyalty as a bad thing, but absolute loyalty to the village as the highest virtue. It makes no sense, they're both dogmatic, and often used by the leadership as propaganda tool to demand the plebeians to make sacrifice for the state. As it's portrayed in the manga, Konoha looked way worse than the clan loving people, Madara never persecuted and massacred his own clan, he was never a bad guy until Tobirama, being the douchebag he is, started the policy to isolate and alienate the Uchiha for no other reason but a mere grudge that has never left since childhood.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  40. Hussain .

people still whining about Oro's "experiment" when that shit happened during Hiruzen's time, not Naruto's and before he was even born. :skully

41. Hussain .

It's strange that you of all people keep bitching about this, and the same time wank Hashirama to death. :hestonpls

correct me if I am mistaken, but did not Hashirama let Asspulldara live countless times? :tomato

42. DVD Moderator Moderator

Hashirama straight up killed Madara or so he believed and outright said he'd do the same to anyone who threatens the peace if it's necessary. How on earth is that comparable?:oh

43. Hussain .

burden me, but how many years did it take Hashirama to finally stab Asspulldara? :tomato

44. DVD Moderator Moderator

Not to mention every encounter before that was during the warring states era where no side was better than the other and before Madara was malicious. It's not like he was slaughtering men, women, and children en masse like Orochimaru. Hashirama stopped him when he actually got to that point.

45. Hussain .

it sure took him way longer than Naruto did, and Naruto actually won Sasuke over where Hashirama failed. :catdude

Except Asspulldara did kill several Senju. :catdude
    Either way, Hashirama took much longer and failed. Naruto too much less and succeed. The different is clear.

Heck, at least 3 years of those 4 years it took Naruto to bring Sasuke back was
    A) 2 and a half of them he was with Jiraiya, not actually looking for Sasuke.
    B) The other half a year or so, Sasuke was not really doing anything "wrong" or "outrageous" as people here mentioned
    He killed Deidara, itachi, and attacked Oro, so he was not a "criminal" per se.

The only reason this whole Naruto & Sasuke deal seems the way it does is because we saw it in details. Where Hashirama & Asspulldara
    were summarized in like 1-4 chapters at most. However, when you want to measure it, it took Hashirama MUCH more than Naruto.

46. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

If Naruto actually had help people accountable for the shit they did, he wouldn't have wanted to be Hokage but joined Sasuke in torching Konoha to the ground :lmao

Seriously though, if Kishi had been serious, at least the likes of Sasuke, Kabuto, or Orochimaru should be punished for their wrongdoings. Instead he gives the reader the idea that murder is right, as long as you do it because you have some kind of dream. The whole ninjajezus thing was taken wayyy too far, until it seemed like the whole story revolved around Naruto and his mindset. Pt1 and early pt2 were way better, in that contrast.

Then again, the whole naive good guy trope from shonen was too powerful for Kishi to deviate from. Apparently people like their MC to be a Goku-esque retard :hm

47. HoroHoro ----

No. Unlike Naruto, Hiruzen was called out for being an ineffectual, feeble-willed and indecisive leader by the narratives, he actively chastised himself of his foolishness of letting Orochimaru live. He's one of the few consistent characters in this series and a very believable failure leader. He let Orochimaru conduct his inhumane practices, and turned a blind eye to it. He only dealt with Orochimaru once his experiments became known across the village. When Orochimaru defected Konoha, Hiruzen never chased him. This ultimately bit him in the ass during the Chunin Exams arc when Orochimaru assaulted Hiruzen and orchestrated an invasion against Konoha and killed him. This wouldn't have happened if Hiruzen captured Orochimaru and either put him in jail or outright killed him.

Naruto is the main protagonist, the Hokage and the Child of Prophecy, the person Minato, Jiraiya, Nagato and Konan all put their faiths in, he's the character who should bring a resolution to Orochimaru's schemes, not Hiruzen, and he didn't. He became an ineffectual just like Hiruzen and turned a blind eye to his illegal practices. He's an outright failure of a hero unlike Sasuke who could bring this twisted motherfucker to his place.

You mean back in the Warring States Period? Madara was not unstable for one, and neither the Senju or Uchiha were good and bad, just like in any other war. Treating any major conflict as good versus evil is dire oversimplification, stop thinking that things are black and white. Anyhow, Madara, like Hashirama, had good intentions. Thus, Hashirama wanted to end the war between his clan and Madara's with a truce, and even then, their alliance didn't magically happened because they had a Romeo-Juliet bromance unlike Naruto and Sasuke. The Senju had to beat the Uchiha into a corner first and it took a very public display of true goodwill and resolve from Hashirama to convince Madara.

If you're talking about their confrontation in the Final Valley, Hashirama outright killed Madara when he became unstable and started to disturb peace, lol.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  48. oMeGa1904 Will of Hatred

Even if we don't know about how much did Hiruzen turn a blind on Orochimaru's experiment. To me it wasn't the worst action from his side in this incident. Sure it's wrong, but we don't know if he genuinely didn't know (which i doubt), nor how much were these rumors running around before he took action. However him, even witnessing Orochimaru's experiments, he actively let him kill/maim his team before he took off. That's not even what Naruto would have done. Him letting his known soldiers, under his care, maimed or killed by his friend/student. At least that's not what i think he'd have done.

49. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

I think Himawari honestly has more potential then Boruto if only because she doesn't come off as just a hybrid of Naruto and Sasukes characters.

50. PhantomSage Solo King

Funny how if people discarded their Itachi hate they would realize:

> He got hit by Muki Tensei because he chose to protect Sasuke
    > He got bisected because he needed to implant a physical sensation for Izanami
    > He wanted to test out Kabuto's abilities, since he had Edo regeneration. All of the 4 hokage did this as well