1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

So did Kuma know the best location to the send the SH crew?

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by bug_ninja, Jul 31, 2011.

1. The Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro

How did he know the best location to get them stronger when he didn't know exactly where he sent Luffy.

2. The Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro

3. Pacifista PX Project

All it said was that he told Rayleigh the direction he sent them. It doesn't say he didn't know.

EDIT:

Chopper landed on an island where the humans and animals were fighting over a disagreement and Chopper can speak to both. Also it has many plants and what not that would do well with medical study since they were mostly unknown. A perfect place for Chopper.

Robin was in a location that was about to be liberated by the very same Revolutionary Army that Kuma works for. That's a given.

Brook is a musician and fights with music. He landed in the same area that Apoo comes from and he fights with music. Also a perfect place for Brook.

Again with Zoro, Mihawk already had an interest in Zoro. That doesn't seem far fetched at all.

And last but not least, Franky. I don't see how sending a cyborg to the home of the creator of the Pacifista series is a mystery in any way shape or form. Both Franky and Vegapunk are engineering geniuses. Out of everyone in the world, Franky would be the guy to fully appreciate the man's work and learn much from it.

4. The Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro

"I heard what direction he went from the very man who sent him here. And i realized the isle of women was right in his path"

"I was informed of the direction in which luffy had been propelled....by the very man responsible for sending him here.It was investigating this direction that drew my attention to the isle of women"

5. bug_ninja Bug

You brought up this point too many times and it's basically your only argument, that Kuma didn't know what the SH crew would do when they landed or how long they would be gone, but look at what Chopper said in the top panel. The Shs even comment on Dragon maybe having something to do with it.

http://www.[Blocked Domain]/103-58422-15/one-piece/chapter-603.html

I'm sure Oda will shed more light on this issue, Kuma's actions are too perfect to be coincidental.

6. Pacifista PX Project

7. The Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro

This is helping my point. Oda's letting us know despite not knowing what the strawhats would do when they landed, Kuma still assigned himself to look after Sunny. Its hyping Kuma for not knowing. Choppers right. There is no way Kuma could have known what they were gonna do. Its impossible to predict.

Also the SH's comment on, If Dragon has something to do with Kuma saving them. Not if he planned the best place to send them. Its obvious Dragon is the reason for Kuma saving them. The argument is, "Did Kuma know that the SH's were gonna benefit from the islands he sent them to". The answer is no.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  8. The Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro

Why would Kuma tell him the direction rather then just saying "I sent Luffy to Amazon Lily"? Surely Luffy was on Amazon Lily at the time Kuma was speaking with Rayleigh. The only excuse for him not just giving Rayleigh the location is him not knowing.

9. Marcelle.B Ban Emperor Moderator

man what :huh

10. The Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro

Q-So did Kuma know the best location to the send the SH crew?
    A- No

Actually my strongest argument is
    Spoiler:
    "I heard what direction he went from the very man who sent him here. And i realized the isle of women was right in his path"

"I was informed of the direction in which luffy had been propelled....by the very man responsible for sending him here.It was investigating this direction that drew my attention to the isle of women"

This basically confirmed Kuma didn't plan the islands.

11. Pacifista PX Project

It takes three days to travel via pad and Kuma didn't have a lot of time to tell Rayleigh all of the details. He only told him the most important stuff.

And Sentoumaru already said that only Kuma knows where people are sent via padding.

12. Lord Killer Bee Hachibi Jinchuriki

Ok so here is what happened in full explanation. Kuma went to sabaody with the intentions to send the SH crew to different islands for training as he observed earlier that they werent strong enough for the new world.
    So he sent...
    Luffy: to an island of people who pretty much all know Haki in hope that he would learn it also
    Zoro: to the island with the worlds strongest swordsmen for training
    Nami: to an island where she can learn about all the New World weather patterns and enhance her techniques.
    Usopp: to an island that he will get stronger and braver.
    Sanji: to an island with Okamas that will chase him 24/7 to increase his leg strength
    Chopper: to an island with almost unknown medical stuff.
    Robin: to a place where the revolutionary army will find her (Dragon probably ordered Kuma to send her there)
    Franky: to vegapunks lab.
    Brook: to a place with satan worshipers.
    Then after that he told Raleigh to tell Luffy the idea of training.
    Also if you think he didnt know where he was sending them than its almost certain that atleast 1 of them would be sent into the ocean.

13. bitspirit Hiradar Deathbringer

Maybe he was afraid the WG could learn that info too on the other hand only Rayleigh would be able to figure it out just by knowing the directions.

14. The Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro

According to you guys, Kuma knew where he was sending Luffy so it should not matter. Either he was on his way there or he was there. He should have had no problem telling Rayleigh the island.

Telling Rayleigh the direction is much more important then the place:huh
    Thats like saying "My brother got on a flight going east" rather then "My brother got on a flight to japan"

Neither side is budging. Lets just agree on "We'll see" :handshake

15. Pacifista PX Project

No. What's important is why he did what he did. He got to the meat of the visit instead of adding superfluous details. As we can see, Rayleigh is a smart fellow. Kuma told him the direciton he sent the Captain (the most important member) and then went straight into why he, a Shichibukai, came in to save the Straw Hats since he was limited in time. The entire time he was at Sabaody and later talking to Rayleigh he should have been at Marijoa with the other members as Kizaru said.

And again, Sentoumaru already said that only Kuma knows where the people are sent via padding.

16. Marcelle.B Ban Emperor Moderator

As someone else said the places they were sent to were far too perfect for it to just be a coincidence for kuma to send them flying too. It's pure logic he knew what he was doing due to his knowledge on them and his alliance with dragon to help them get out of a tough situation and have them grow stronger for the adventure ahead of them. Kuma knows where he sends people he doesn't just send them in a direction for example when he sent perona exactly where she wanted to go.

17. otinane1000 Member

do not you guys remeber the first time we saw kuma? he asked perona if she were to go somewhere where she would like to go?? and then she thought of a place and thats exactly the place she was sent.. now zoro always wanted to train more and more so he was automatically sent to the best place for training... nami wanted to know everything about navigation and weather and she was sent to weatheria... brook wanted to see pants and he was sent to the only place he could actually see them by asking.... usop to become brave.. chopper to expert medicine more.. sanji for cooking ( or he may be secret-gay) robin to learn more about the poneglyphs(revolution army) franky to become better cyborg . the only problem is luffy.. but he just had nothing in his mind..

18. seastone A hidden

It is possible but personally I do find a stretch to some degree. Most of it relied on Luffy being convinced on prolonging the date for everyone to gather together. Unless Kuma suggested that to Rayliegh. As well a lot of other random factors that lead to each of them training.

I think it is more likely that Kuma sent them to areas where the WG wouldn't find them so easily, areas where they could play to the strengths to survive and learn.

Regardless it is still a pretty insane gamble where a lot of things could have gone wrong.

Though one thing about Kuma's power which baffles me is the insane amount of precision should be needed to get from one island to another. The Grand Line hasn't been mapped so traveling airborne must be pretty difficult to get from one place to another, let alone being propelled there. Considering that being slightly off a kilometer could have resulted in Luffy's death.

Makes me wonder if Kuma has to mark the places first with his paws.

19. TheGrizzly Smiling at death

Kuma wanted to help them, so it's kinda natural to send them to the right places.

20. Garudo ^3^

I still find the place where Usopp has been send by Kuma a bit... farfetched... Why send him to an island with a lot of food, monster plants/beasts and the island itself being alive. Surely, there should've be an island with sniper possiblities. Weird...

And Usopp learning about Pop Green there and thus that being the reason Kuma send him there is also a bit farfetched, because Usopp would not have recognize those in 2 years... He did it with the help of Heracles...Speaking of... Heracles himself is also a mystery, who is he, how did he got there and was he part of a pirate crew...?

And him being send there to become brave and strong? There are more islands... Elbaf for example would be logical for Usopp...

IMO there are 2 possiblities for Usopp...

1. It was pure luck from Kuma...
    2. Kuma knows about Heracles which could mean Heracles is part of the Revolution Army... Also farfetched, but still... It's possible...

21. abcd &#803

I always thought that Kuma does not know where he was sending them....

The DF would send them to the places where they would like to go

Since everyone wanted to become stronger they were sent to such a location by the DF... not by kuma...

I mean HE actually asks them before touching

http://www.[Blocked Domain]/103-2619-17/one-piece/chapter-512.html

Probably if he asked them :"What are u scared of?" before touching them they would go to a scarier place (since they would have that in mind)

22. Masa Active Member

If Kuma didn't know where he was sending them, they would have all landed in the ocean and died. The One Piece world has too much water for Kuma to just shoot them places without knowing where they would land.

23. Motivated lolwut

will kuma saw them getting their asses kicked, so atleast he predicted that they'll train for atleast months.