1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

So... About Strong World, can we count it on the Manga canon? [Spoilers of course]

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Brickhunt, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Brickhunt Battle Franky 800

Well, Strong World is already out, it's awesome according to the ones that saw it, but is still debatable if it count on the manga continuity.

Usually we don't count One Piece movies neither in the manga continuity or the anime, but not only Oda wrote the movie, but he also created the canon chapter 0 that Shiki appears and explain the events of Strong World.

Personally, I see nothing stopping Strong World of being part of the Anime or Manga continuity since it could easily be placed between Thriller Bark and Shanbody Archipelago, but the lack of references on the manga makes it difficult to consider it. (maybe we'll see some characters addressing the events of Luffy vs Shiki showdown now that the Movie is out and won't spoil nothing anymore)

I tried to avoid spoiler is his thread, so unless you read the reviews, this part here is about the obvious Shiki Vs Luffy
    Spoiler:
    Also, Shiki who is a legendary Pirate that needed Garp and Sengoku to put him down is defeated by Luffy, I don't saw the movie, but reviews confirm that Luffy did beat him, I don't know the circumstances of their fight, but this would put a lot of discussion about Luffy's current power.

So, what you guys think?

2. Edward Newgate 世界最強の男

Ah, no. So they fought him together, doesn't mean Sengoku couldn't do it by himself. Sengoku was going to deal with Kinjishi accident at the start of chapter 0, but Garp decided to come with him because he wanted to fight. You can say the same happened at Marineford.

Anyway, before I didn't thought we might see Kinjishi again, in the manga, but now... I think we might see him sometime.

3. The Bloody Nine Kingslayer

The person who wrote the spoilers said Sengoku was aware of everything that happened and if it was before the WB war arc then he should at least have mentioned it.

If it is cannon then i'm assuming it will happen during the timeskip but it is looking more and more likely that its not cannon because WB was in it and he should be dead after this arc.

4. Eunectes Lol Kyuubi

WB wasn,t in the movie there is just a pic of him at the end of the movie so his faith is still unknown.
    Anyway didn,t Oda say that this was Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old boy and we should burn this movie into our memory?:p

5. XMURADX Walking One Piece Encyclopedia

Anything written by Oda is canon for me, I don't care what anyone says.

6. The Red Gil Warner Bro

I think the only thing that should be considered canon is his plan, his DF, and his island with those monsters.

7. death1217 wandering ronin

the entire story was written by oda everything is cannon!

8. The Bloody Nine Kingslayer

Do you know this for a fact or are you assuming ?

Because WB and Garp where in the trailer.

9. Eunectes Lol Kyuubi

WB isn,t in the trailer your talking abouth the trailer for oda,s first draft of the story.
    And this information was from Greg who saw the movie, WB is in the end credits but we don,t know if it is just to remember him because he died or that he is stil alive.

10. The Red Gil Warner Bro

Manga canon loooooolz. :laugh

I doubt Luffy is going to be the one known for taking out Shiki in the mangaka.

11. Fei Member

Logically it takes place between Thriller Bark and the Redline, I really don't have a problem with fitting in into the established manga continuity. As for Luffy beating this guy that Garp and Sengoku beat 20 years ago, I really don't have that big of a problem with it. It was 20 years ago, Shiki has since spent time in ID and had both of his legs amputated. For all we know he spent the last 20 years slacking off and not training relying on his plan and as a result his abilities have regressed considerably.

12. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Are there any spoilers on how Zoro is? If he's still gimped from the aftermath of TB in the movie, then yeah, it'll be after TB. If not, then it either takes place before, or it simply takes place outside of the manga's chronological canon, just like the other movies.

13. Black &#160

Yea I would say that it's canon.

14. Godammit Active Member

I didn't see it, but did Luffy beat him alone or with his crew ? Also, Shiki was already old in the past, and now he's older and has no legs.

15. Eunectes Lol Kyuubi

Spoiler:
    He also gets taken out by a pretty powerfull atack.

16. Grrblt Banned

You know what else was written by Oda?

17. Brickhunt Battle Franky 800

Spoiler:
    I saw a spoiler video of the attack, Luffy was alone and it was a pretty damn powerful attack for what I saw, and it could be argued that Shiki is even stronger without his legs

Shiki's ability allow him to control any non-organic thing, by cutting his own legs and replacing them with swords, Shiki gained the ability to fly by controlling his swords.

I hope someone question Oda about the continuity of the movie in Jump festa.

18. Edward Newgate 世界最強の男

Well, Greg did say there was a new info about the movie however, he didn't posted anything about it yet.

19. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Sorry, I had to bump/necro this. I've been debating with several members in both the Library and Davy Back section the past couple of days regarding if this movie is canon or not, so this thread is relevant.

I didn't want this Strong World discussion to clutter up the Davy Back section as this is a Ohara Library debate and I didn't want to open up a new thread, so this is the only thread I found via Google that pertains to this subject.

That said, Strong World was an awesome movie and Oda did a great job contributing to it, but it is not canon w/ the manga. I've invited those I've debated with to this thread to discuss, let's see if they show up.

Once again, sorry for the necro.

20. DoflaMihawk Blind Bandit

^ Is Hiruzen still on your case on that? :amuse

Hard to say, really. Oda wrote it, but the events in the movie didn't seem realistic.