1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

slenderman vs. gotham city

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by DreamySunday, Sep 8, 2012.

1. DreamySunday The unofficial OBD Shit bag.

Alright so the scenario is that slenderman goes to gotham to do his stalking and kidnapping. So it is up to batman(and anyone else in gotham for that matter) to stop him so can batman(or anyone else in gotham) stop him? if yse how long does it take before he is stoped and how many people die?

this is my first thread so please go easy on me if its bad it is because I'm just a simple village idiot looking for some entertainment

2. Linkofone Active Member

Honestly, Slenderman cannot be stopped by any means.

He has instant teleportation - as seen on Marble Hornets and Slender

He induce sickness upon those who encounter him - as seen on Marble Hornets

Mind Control - as seen on Marble Hornets

Manipulate space

3. TheBlackDragonz Welcome Back?

As long as people believe he exists, he'll be around, so that makes him abstract, right?

4. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

Yeah, people are fucked.

5. Ryjacork Lord of Moon's Spawn

6. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

:lmao forgot about that.

Thats the only move Batman has that will touch Slendy. :maybe

7. Ryjacork Lord of Moon's Spawn

Always remember :maybe

X

Anyway this is my last post, Im starting my pre law classes on Monday and Im not gonna make the T14 splitting my time with my OBD addiction. I pretty much summed up any match with the above picture anyway :lmao

8. Asune Witch back from the Oblivion

Slenderman is pretty much a conceptual being. Only way to real kill it would be to deal conceptual damage (that I'm sure doesn't exists in Batman's fiction) or to nullify its aknowledging, however even under certain intepretations this can fail.

Also

@Ryjacork: Your signature is pretty disturbing. Change it

9. Weiss RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU

in Gotham idk

in DC everything exists

10. Asune Witch back from the Oblivion

Well I forgot that is part of a bigger multiverse
    But I was refering to Gotham xD

11. familyparka Δᴺᴻᴬᴯᴱᵀᴴ > You

My job here is done :quite

12. I3igAl Active Member

Have a nice time.

13. Waking Dreamer Dreamer King

People do know the context of that kick right?

:lmao

14. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

15. Weiss RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU

Spectre let him

but the goddamn Batman still solos

16. puolakanaho Active Member

while i dont agree with linkofones statement that slendy cannot be killed i also do not see batman or anybody in gotham winning againts slenderman. exept if batman has slenderman repellant in his pocket or something....

17. DreamySunday The unofficial OBD Shit bag.

so nobody thinks batman has a chance? what if i give batman some knowledge?

18. Light Birds are cool

How much knowledge?

19. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

Depends on the amount of knowledge. If he just knows Slendy exists that wont help him. That'll make it a lot worse.

20. Light Birds are cool

Actually even with any amount of knowledge batman wouldn't win. He would also need a good amount of prep.

21. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

22. DreamySunday The unofficial OBD Shit bag.

batman has read all the creepypastas and he dosent think the slenderman exists

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  23. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Also there is Ragman, Zatanna, Jason Blood/Etrigan, Plastic Man.... the Bat family aren't the only ones who live in Gotham, people.

24. DreamySunday The unofficial OBD Shit bag.

25. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

Slenderman is a pedophile based on all accounts of the entity. Gotham city is filled with super criminals, and the Gotdamn Batman. Yeah, Slenderman really has a shot. GTFOH

26. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

Slnderman, omnipresence, space manipulation, teleportation, burn via touch, mind rape.

Batman having read all the creepy pasta and not believing in Slenderman wont stop slenderman from mind fucking him.

27. Asune Witch back from the Oblivion

Batman should make all the people in the world to not believe in the existence of the Slenderman to defeat him

28. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

Slenderman can only affect those victims who believe in him. People like Ras, Batman, Bane, Riddler, Joker, and Doctor Strange are not stupid enough to believe in a brand of the occult as esoteric as Slenderman. It would help if you knew about the legend before you try to apply logic that isn't backed up by anything. Thanks.

29. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

@ZERO
    Oh yeah, because obviously I don't know what I'm talking about when listing his powers.

Slenderman chooses who he attacks. He's done it to many people. He even attacked people who didn't believe in him. It's not hard for him to do it.

Unlike you, I payed attention to the stories.

30. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

You a fuckin lie. :notrust Show me a credible occult website :lmao that backs that shit up.

31. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

Let's see. EverymanHYBRID (Youtube Slenderman series) started off with a group of people who were going to use Slenderman as a joke in their exercise videos.

These guys obviously didn't think he existed until after he started fucking around with them.

So yeah, credible source. Just the fact that those guys were planning on using him as a prank pretty much says that Slenderman doesn't give a fuck about being believed in.

32. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

Get your dumb Kirby ass out of here. The very fact that these cats were going to use Slenderman as a joke indicates that they did believe in him. They made the videos as a joke because as with every joke and every urban myth someone wants to test, some part of them already believes it to be real. Damn how retarded can you be? If Slenderman was real then he would have been attacking people who watched the video as well as those who made it. However, he only attacked those who were filming, thus only attacking those people who believed in him.

Getting back to the point, people who don't believe in the occult would in no way, shape, or form be affected by the Slenderman. Unless you believe in him he doesn't exist and if you don't think he exists he can't hurt you. Slenderman is not like a chupacabra or the moth man where you can get fucked up regardless of whether or not you believe in him. His very existence depends on whether or not the victim believes in him. With that said, people like Riddler, Ras, Batman, Bane, and damn sure not the Scarecrow can be attacked by the Slenderman.

Take five. Do some actual research. And get the fuck out my face.
    X

33. Light Birds are cool

So you're saying the first victim he ever abducted believed in him?

34. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

My god your stupid. Yes because using him as a joke means you believe in him. Joke doesn't equal belief.

Knowing about something thats considered fiction doesn't mean you believe in it. Otherwise they wouldn't have pulled that shit. Now shut the fuck up. Because you obviously don't know what your talking about.

35. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

So I'll take this is a concession that you can't read. :lmao Yeah bitch I am saying that when you make a joke about something that implies a certain level of belief. When people investigate myths and urban legends there is some part of them that is skeptic and some part of them that believes. Otherwise the investigations would never take place to begin with. People like Batman, Dr. Strange, and Scarecrow are perfect examples of characters who place science above everything else and since the very concept of Slenderman would be absurd to them on a scientific level, they'd never actually investigate the matter. They wouldn't investigate because they wouldn't try to prove or disprove the existence of something they know couldn't possibly exist.

If your retarded ass did some actual research instead of watching one video on youtube you'd probably know that.

36. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

You were saying numb nuts?

Yeah, no it doesn't. Your still don't know what the fuck your talking about.

Knowing about something doesn't mean you actually have belief in it. There are people who don't believe in Santa Claus and they know about him.

Making a joke about him when you don't believe in him isn't hard.

it's the same with Slenderman you dumb fuck.

37. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

X

:lmao crazy bitch

38. Scratchy Worthy Opponent

You're awful.

39. mcdave KA PoW!

Mike made it obvious.
    With Zatanna,Etrigan and the Batman Slenderman is gonna lose this probably.

Since he is based on some occult stuff and Ragman has probably some exorcism Rabbi in his pocket too the odds are massively against the side that doesnt have an immortal Plastic man ;Y

40. Xaosin Studious One

You know I'm actually interested in Slendys origins.. If a single person has to believe in him to exist, what was he before that? How was he made, meaning what inspired the idea that he could possibly exist in the first place?

At any rate Batman wins this. Conceptual beings, he doesn't give a shit, he'll probably find a way to erase his existence from every-bodies collective knwoledge, from their mind and memories including his own. (Assuming anyone in Gotham or DC verse already knows about him) He could even get Martian Manhunter or Zatanna to do it.

Can Slenderman hurt people if no one even knows he exist to believe in? Or would he equally just vanish from reality? Would he have to re-manifest himself some how just like he did with those pranksters that were the 'first' to believe in his myth? How likely of a chance is that happening?

Lots of variables to consider when matching up conceptual beings.

41. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

Like most myths (lochness monster, chupachabra, moth man) slender man grew out of an already existing myth. Germans had a wives tale that sometimes fairies would break into a persons home at night and steal their children, replacing them with changelings. Fairies used to be some batshit crazy sprites you didnt want to mess with but as time went on, their image became more benevolent.

Slender man came about as a blend between the fairies who abduct children, and the changlings who are formless creatures able to change into humans.

The myth was created in 15th or 16th Century Germany but got complicated as Russia and China adopted their own slender myths.

42. Scratchy Worthy Opponent

Yeah, like nope.
    The Slenderman we speak of is a product of fucking Something Awful.
    All these other "Slendermans" are either loose inspirations or retroactive inventions.

43. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

Whatever bitch. The X-Files have had their own slender man(men) since season 3. Get back in the kitchen where you belong.

44. Roman55 Banned

It's time for another:

X

X

Doing your research like a champ and coming up with the right answer.
    X

Not doing research and only assuming something from an old TV show is the answer. Also, reacting hostile to the answer that was given despite it not even being the least bit spiteful.
    The End.

45. Xaosin Studious One

What's with y'all behaving like children in this thread? Come on now :notrust.

Ah, so his origins go alot deeper than say Freddy K.

In that case the bats will have a lot harder of a time defeating him.

I thought the Slenderman was single instance Boogie-man that came to life through belief (much like Peter pan and flying), but it's less about belief and more about collective knowledge/myth. So the more people fear and add to him, the more he grows and intensifies.

This would make him near-impossible to kill because while the Bats could try to erase the direct idea of Slender within Gotham's collective memory, some variations are always going to exist. Slender isn't a singular opponent, he/it's more like a void, a chasm of voids that perpetuate themselves through osmosis. Thus if one incarnation is forgotten/erased, other variations will exist.
    He'd have to erase centuries worth of folk tales and Germanic legends, followed by ALL their predecessors up to the modern day myth to extinguish them completely. And the modern myths include all the differing interpretations and spin-offs the internet has spawned.

Basically, he has to kill that which cannot be killed, a meme :kaga:.

Not that it's IMPOSSIBLE for the Bats, being the godamn Batman. I'm sure he could find a way to erase him from every trace of everyone's memory/the internet. But it'd certainly seem a lot harder. He'll really need some help with this fight.

46. Linkofone Active Member

Marble Hornets explains it all, not everyone believed in Slenderman, but yet, almost everyone of them are affected by Slenderman.

As I explained before, Slenderman can instant teleport and cause sickness to people around him. The longer you are around him, the sicker you get.

47. Saitomaru Grade C- Lurker

That is a lot of deleted posts...

Anyway, so I was wondering... Is Slenderman allowed the belief of those of his world of origin (RL)? Basically I'm asking does it go like this:

1. One dark day in Gotham a lone citizen discovers creepypasta, more specifically Slenderman, and decides to share the story with some friends. From there stuff starts to go wrong with random kidnaps happening and reports and pictures of a tall slender and faceless figure in the background of random pictures... etc.
    or like this:
    2. Slenderman was minding his/it's own business stalking some poor person when suddenly he gets ported to Gotham City. Slenderman decides to terrorize this new world and add their fear to his collection... etc.

I'll clarify what I'm asking if this doesn't help.
    inb4"cool story, bro"

48. The Mad King The Gent

Like what else he could do against Batgod :maybe.

49. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

"Namredlens emoceb sellrewop"

Done.

50. DreamySunday The unofficial OBD Shit bag.

my god i never thought my first thread would go like this

@saitomaru
    it goes like the first scenario yuo brought up