1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.

Shokugeki No Souma

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Zaru, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Ender The Pirate King

it's not the Ebisawa girl, because her last name is Ebisawa :p not Yukihira. He just took his wife's name I believe.

2. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

Btw, did they ever explain why Gin became 1st seat and not Jouichirou? I've been curious about that since the beginning of the manga

3. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Nope, but I imagine it´s similar to current Rindou just fooling around eating instead of aiming for Tsukasa´s position (including that they seem to be good friends too according to that flashback omake), or like Garp deciding to stay simply as VA in One Piece.

He probably didn´t see much difference between 2nd and 1st place in the E10 and decided to stay like that.

4. cupnoodles Justice Flonne

Might just be me, but that last page where he stood there alone staring at the dish reminded me of when Jouichirou was talking about how the only way to move forward is through 'encounters'. It was then followed by a page of Erina alone in her room also with a single empty dish staring her 'unchanging self'.

Perhaps this was where he learned that lesson. Gin made it pretty clear that Jouichirou's no longer able to find new 'encounters' anymore since everyone's running away like a bitch so it may no longer have been an option for him.

5. Ender The Pirate King

Gin explained that while Saiba was the superior cook, he remained 2nd seat because the E10 also take the academics into consideration. Saiba was always skipping lectures, not doing homework and paperwork, and was generally a slacker with everything else except cooking and showdowns.

Spoiler:

6. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

Dat Ebisawa girl. Oh and do we know the names of those groupies who wanted to eat his experiments?

Damn, poor Joichirou. Burnt out. Ah well, setting out on your own to gain some perspective is a pretty good thing to do.

7. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

New chapter's out! (http://mangastream.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/198/3943/1)

Well, that was a less dramatic ending than I imagined. Thought he'd run off on his own.
    Wonder if this was the last chapter of the FB or if there's more coming from Souichirou about his trip.

8. White Wolf Butcher of Blaviken

That was pretty interesting nonetheless. Looks like Gin felt guilty knowing they pressured Saiba too much, while Nakamura got a bruised ego in the end.

9. luffy no haki Stronger than all

So basically this refers to Souma at some point being able to go through the "storm" without as much trouble cause he doesn´t give a shit about anything while Jouichirou fell tot he pressure?

10. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

Well yeah, but it's mostly thanks to his upbringing, his dad took care of that before it could even happen. Souma never gives up, has his own combination cooking etc.

11. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Surprised to see Gin break down in tears like that...dude musta felt like he completely failed his best friend. Senzaemon comin in and tellin Saiba he just needs bail on the country and cooking in general...lol. Oh well, guess we'll soon find out about Souma's mom!

12. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

The chapter's been up (http://mangastream.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/199/3956/1) for a few hours now, people!

FB's over, training is about to begin. Must be some out-of-this-world training to get these guys ready to defeat the Elite 10.

13. cupnoodles Justice Flonne

We never saw the conclusion to the father-son match...
    For all we know, maybe Jouichirou already got off-paneled by Souma lol.

14. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

But as I said, this was the whole point of these contests. To make Souma able to brave the storm that lays ahead of him.

15. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Souma-Jouichiro
    Megumi-Shiomi
    Takumi - Doujima

Fucking loved the panel where Doujima is scolding Jouichiro and Souma is just cracking up in laughter.

16. Detective ★★★★★★★

Hmm, so the 3 on 3 could be a team battle of sorts, so if that happens:

Gin/Takumi/Megumi Vs. The Yukihira Family

17. Magnum Miracles Well-Known Member

Kinda sad to see the flashback end. Probably one of my favorite parts of the series.

18. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Goddamnit...didn't get to see anything about Souma's mom :( Feelsbadman.

Welp, time for the intense training. They're gonna need some Hyberbolic Time Chamber level shit in order to stand up against the Elite 10 as they currently are.

19. Magnum Miracles Well-Known Member

And it's all part of Joichiro's plan to have Azami's affection move on to Souma.:lbj

20. Detective ★★★★★★★

Also, you know in your heart that we will not see Mama Yukihira's face and her backstory until the gang comes to Diner Yukihira during a break from school and Erina stumbles upon a picture of the family together

:bury

21. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Anyway only the remaining E10 will participate?
    Erina will participate?
    I assume if the answers are yes and no respectively, and that the ones already expelled are not a llowed to butt in.

Isshikki, Kuga and former 3rd seat will join on Souma´s side to make it even on numbers of course also assuming that not all the E10 spots were filled immediately and only hayama took one spot.

Kuga already appeared but he didn´t reach his goal of taking a E10 spot again; and the other two haven´t appeared even though it wa simplied at the beginning of the arc that they were going too.

22. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Actually, I'm thinking we are going to see a flashback during this Team Shokugeki. Azami will get the upper hand on Jouchirou...he'll think back to the reasons why he left, and the amazing life he lived as a result, we see her...then he stomps. Flashback induced powerups...as is shounen tradition.

23. White Wolf Butcher of Blaviken

I liked how they showed his father's pride with Souma, full on respect for how Souma handles everything. Was a nice touch.

24. Grimm

25. Detective ★★★★★★★

:del

26. Vongola King The King

27. Detective ★★★★★★★

28. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Seems that yukihira faimly is not doing well from the get go:maybe

29. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

I thought damn they're OP at first but then of course they had to have shitty teamwork so they'd fail. But yeah. They're going to gain lots of experience from this.

So much so even, that they're going to win :D

Oh this chapter was hilarious :gokuskully

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  30. White Wolf Butcher of Blaviken

At first I thought "Well that's one balanced as hell split, Saiba team so OP" but it makes sense, they're all good cooks on their own but they have very little in the teamwork department, while Megumi and Takumi are a lot more family oriented so having good cooperation is fitting, and Dojima is just Dojima. Pretty good chapter anyways.

31. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

When the teams were announced I could only think, "Holy shit, these teams are stacked! RIP Doujima Team". That ending page however...this shit is gonna be more complicated than I thought :lmao

32. cupnoodles Justice Flonne

I'm really surprised Souma wants his dad to follow proper procedures. Is it a mistranslation? It just doesn't seem like him to want to follow normal methods. In my head, Souma and Jouichirou would be doing some weird shit together like a wacky duo while Erina's completely lost.

33. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Usually Souma follows the recipe and then while following steop by step he adds stuff he thinks will improve the dish, mainly he probly stuck to that principle even more while helping at Shinomiya´s.

On the other hand Jouichiro seems to take everything out from his ass, even being his son I don´t think Souma would really follow his pace at first.

34. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

And when in a team it's essential the other team mates now what the hell you want to do. If you try to do your own recipe, the others can't react. Like whatshername did last chapter.

35. Grimm

Is there ANYONE more savage than this man?

We need a Gordon in SnS. :fedoge

I fucking DIED at 5:33. Hell, I fucking died watching this whole video.

36. haegar Well-Known Member

dunno how u manage to watch the whole vid of the same repetitive shit rly. i mean what's the point, nobody there to cook, just some poor fucks getting idk maybe 100 bucks to be yelled at "fuck off you suck u fired" on tv and that's it. I never saw the point of these "hey I'm one of those this society fucked over now debase me on top of it cause i rly need the money" shows anyways

37. Megu-Nee Active Member

takumi aldini finally getting some spotlight :caticon

megumin :catsalute

team yukihira :fatcat i didn't see that coming.
    my cousin worked with him and said he was nice when there's no customers watching. but he got sweared at if there are people around lol.

38. Grimm

Never watched the the shows at all. Just this swearing video. And yeah, it was fucking funny. :lmao

39. Grimm

Well... You don't say??? When there's no customers, there's no one to serve his shit and and far less pressure. When you have customers and you serve raw and black shit... Yeah... Do expect to get yelled at.

40. Megu-Nee Active Member

no, all the ruckus was just for show. his tv personality.

41. haegar Well-Known Member

came here cause i thought spoilers out. finds more discussion on above instead

:geg

42. White Wolf Butcher of Blaviken

Chapter's out http://mangastream.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/201/3996/1
    Spoiler:

The rivalry between Yukihira and Takumi is nice. Was interesting seeing Takumi with the haircut, first time they showed that if I'm not mistaken? Overall quite a cool chapter.

I don't know if Yukihira's team will lose just yet, now that their engines are revving up, but it would be interesting if they did, since by losing it'll give them more potential for growth having seen how Megumi and Takumi are able to easily support Dojima, and add further improvements to the recipe.

43. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

Now the Yukihira team gets serious. This going to be good. Probably still gonna lose though. But who cares?

44. White Wolf Butcher of Blaviken

I prefer it, both the hair and the loss, we all know team 2 is not as good as Yukihira's team but at least in this one aspect they should have the potential to put them in their place (which also gives them the fire and determination to grow even more as chefs). A win would be eh, rather disappointing, since there's hardly any losses for Yukihira as it is and this moment is setup perfectly for a loss.

45. Megu-Nee Active Member

well aldini had to get some proxi buff with that flashback to stagiair phase or idk why he still here other than rindou trolling lol. it was done ok though. we still need megumi to get truly fired up to fullfill her fundoshi drop potential though, wonder how that will happen :lmao

47. White Wolf Butcher of Blaviken

Pretty neat, funny how everyone's so shocked that even Nakiri got swept up in the yukihira atmosphere, lol. Looks like they had enough time to work together so they might win next chapter which is bummer, hopefully they still lose but with Aizen setting everything up maybe it's a bad time to give Souma an L, but eh. We shall see anyways.

48. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

Chapter was pretty nice, glad that everybody got what they had to do. Still thinking Team Doujima is going to win. Or a draw? Anyway, they have to pull an all-nighter to be ready the next day.

49. Joseph Well-Known Member

Team Jou winning wouldn't really make any sense.

50. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Erina is finally joining Souma/Dad in working together during this Red/White match. On Azami's side, Eizan got absolutely destroyed by Rindou :lmao So fuckin savage. Goddamnit I love her. Welp, results next chapter, and presumably the rules of the Regimental Shokugeki.