1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Shakuma Raregrove vs Jack Rakan

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Orion, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Orion For Sanguinius!

Starting distance 50 meters.

2. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

Meteor storm, good game

3. blueblip SONAR PULSE!!

Rakan is a small mountain buster at best. Shakma, on the other hand, can casually wipe out a large town/small city. I would think that puts him above Rakan in terms of destructive capability.

But, there is the question of speed, and considering the distance you've given in the OP, Rakan could blitz Shakuma, who really doesn't have very good speed feats. The one that he has is his super-teleporting speed, and well, I don't think he would be able to pull it off faster than Rakan could reach him and pound him.

As it stands, Rakan blitzes and demolishes Shakuma in close combat. But if someone can prove that Shakuma can 'port before Rakan can reach him, I would say that Shakuma would win.

4. Xemnas The Lonely Stoner

The barrier surrounding the stadium is the only thing stopping Rakan from destroying the surrounding city with a halberd.

5. Basilikos Moving on with life

That halberd made a multi-city block sized explosion. That certainly isn't city busting.

6. White00 Banned

Rakan has been compared to an atomic bomb countless of times through out the series. He also was destroying entire landscapes when he fought Nagi for thirteen hours straight. Rakan is more then a small mountain buster.
    I'm having a hard time remembering which one Shakuma is. Is he the wizard who was destroyed by Ellie's etherion?
    No one in RAVE can react to lightning fast opponents. Though there was this one instance where some guy stated his meteors where lightspeed.

Sorry I have dyslexia so sorry if my grammers bad. :( Also anyone know where I could read the rules of this place?

7. Pika305 Active Member

What Landscape was he destroying the tid bit we got of Rakan and Nagi's fight wasn't that impressive.

Yeah, how fast is Shakuma?

8. White00 Banned

While thay may be true. He does have a power equal to that of an atomic bomb.

9. Xemnas The Lonely Stoner

Like I said, that was thanks to the surrounding barrier. Only some of the explosion went through.

10. Kurou GINGA DOROBO

Rakan wins in blitz.

11. Basilikos Moving on with life

You have no reason to think it would be city busting. You're just making an unfounded assumption.

12. LifeMaker Subjugglator Extraordinaire

i have to agree with Basilikos, much as it pains me. Multi-Block, easy. City? Not shown yet, but perhaps one day :p

13. Rene Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Rakan tanked his own power output + Negi's (easily a mountain buster), 3 of Negi's high level spells and a point blank jovis tempestas.

As for Rakan's halberd, it was cancelled out by Asuna's sword so the actual attack never even hit anything, the damage it did was just the after effect of it being thrown.

Rakan also caused tremors across this city with a casual punch in which he was holding back and didn't even directly hit the ground.

14. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

If you can annihilate a mountain, you can probably flatten a city.

15. Rene Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Is Shakuma's city busting attack that's mentioned here supposed to be the meteor shower? Because I fail to see how Rakan couldn't simply dodge those meteors.

16. Kurou GINGA DOROBO

It isn't his only city busting attack. He has city busting tidal waves and can spam his attacks as well. His shield is also able to somewhat with stand attacks from Elie.

Though with the humongous speed advantage none of that matters.

17. Xemnas The Lonely Stoner

How is it "unfounded" when the actual attack didn't even go off and the barrier was specifically stated to be the only thing stopping damage to the surrounding city? It was a bit much to call it a city buster, but if a multi-city block explosion came from him throwing the damn thing, then it's not as unreasonable as you're making it sound.

18. Basilikos Moving on with life

What do you mean the attack didn't "go off"? The explosion was not genreated just from him throwing it. Rakan threw the halberd at Negi and Kotaro and it generated a multi-city blocked sized explosion.

Negi and Kotaro were safe from the explosion because they were within the magic canceling AoE of Asuna's blade.

19. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

Asuna's Magic Cancel doesn't defend against secondary effects like explosions. It definitely blocked the halberd directly but it exploded anyway.

20. Orion For Sanguinius!

It obviously does or Kotaro and Negi would have been turned to dust.

21. Demon Eyes Mido Former Crimson King

could someone post scans of ravegrove's destructive power?

22. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

X Asuna gets knocked away by Fate's salamander girl even with Magic Cancel up.

Therefore, it doesn't cancel explosion.

Hence, Negi and Kotaro just tanked most of the attack anyway.

23. God Movement Admanistrator

Destructive Power:

- Meteor Rain:

Spoiler:
    X
    X
    X
    X

Tidal Waves:

Spoiler:
    X
    X
    X

- Lightning:

Spoiler:
    X

- Generic Attacks:

Spoiler:
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X

Defence:

- Withstanding multiple attacks:

Spoiler:
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X

- Other (Shakuma's Barrier withstood multiple attacks which are more potent than this X, X)

- Etherion's Power (Greater than the Overdrive which destroyed 1/10 of the planet, X

Spoiler:
    X
    X

Special abilities:

- Teleportation:

Spoiler:
    X
    X

He can also cast all of Haja's spells:

- Ship of Heroes:

Spoiler:
    X
    X

Stamina (Should be greater than both Haja and Seig):

Spoiler:
    X
    X

24. Orion For Sanguinius!

So they didn't have a scratch on them from a multi city block level attack but were getting wrecked by simple punches from Rakan.

25. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

Right, because Rakan's punches are that harcore.

26. Orion For Sanguinius!

Rakans punches do more damage than the explosion from his Artifact+charging up a bunch of magic power? if that was true he wouldn't ever bother using that attack.

27. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

Halberd has range, and Rakan was screwing around with that attack.

28. Weather Wonder Wind~

Didn't Rakan stated that he was stronger unarmed?

29. Basilikos Moving on with life

I'm pretty sure while he was charging that attack he stated that he was going all out. (with that attack at least)

No, he just said that he was very good at it.

30. Orion For Sanguinius!

He was not screwing around with the Halberd attack.

31. Rene Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

:gar

X

During his fight with Negi he just says that he's pretty damn hot when unarmed.

X

"Maybe I'll see about going all-out myself for once in a while."

Not only this, but Negi even says that Rakan wasn't serious in their fight at the end.

Anyways, even when restrained by the barriers (the princess also states that the explosion would've caused far more damage if the floor didn't have a barrier in it as well.) Rakan's attack had a blast diameter of 1.3km (see below), or town level by the OBD definition. Which is pretty impressive for a casual, restrained attack.

As for how I got the number:

X

We know that the central arena has a diameter of 300m and that it has a barrier to protect the audience from any attacks that are used, as shown here: X

Rakan's attack had a blast radius of 728px, the arena is 163px which means Rakan's attack covered (728/163)*300 meters, which equates to 1340m.

32. Basilikos Moving on with life

He wasn't bloodlusted/trying to kill Negi but he didn't hold back whenever he did attack Negi. Like when Negi caught him in the trap and Rakan responded by charging that massive energy beam attack into his fist. He had said that in a contest of strength he wouldn't hold back.

Looks good as far as I can see. This should put Rakan at town busting then.

33. Orion For Sanguinius!

Again that is anything but a casual attack, it is his second strongest technique behind Rakan impact its also the only other attack besides Rakan impact that he has to sit there and charge up his energy for.

34. Rene Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Rakan can throw ten thousand punches before Fate could react and they had enough power to casually shatter Fate's barrier.

X

Hell, here Rakan does Rakan Impact without charging up.

X

Anything Rakan did during his fight with Negi wasn't serious. He had no intention of destroying Negi, this is even commented on at the end of the battle that he fought Negi as his student, not as an enemy.

35. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

Guys, like I said, annihilating the mountain with Eternal Negi Fever is almost certainly more impressive than the halberd anyway.

36. Orion For Sanguinius!

You can say he wasn't serious all you want he still had to charge it for a prolonged time and it is still his best feat behind Rakan impact(it actually has a bigger measurable size than Rakan impact).

I don't see why he would waste such a large amount of time on an attack he can just throw out at anytime like your suggesting, hell even Kagetarou was very impressed by it and he hangs out with Rakan.

37. Basilikos Moving on with life

It looked more like a hill if you ask me.

38. Rene Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Because it's all just a joke for him?

X
    X
    X
    X

39. Orion For Sanguinius!

Rakan being arrogant and boastful is nothing new, your still not proving that attack was anything close to casual, you can still use a strong attack and not be serious.

If that attack is no big deal at all for Rakan then why was Kagetarou so impressed by it? I mean surely if Rakan can just do shit like that for the lulz Kagetarou should have seen stuff like that before no?

40. God Movement Admanistrator

why, i don't know

:maybe

41. Basilikos Moving on with life

Rakan wasn't bloodlusted in his fight with Negi but I still see no reason to think he held back at all with his attacks.

42. Rene Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

It's stated by Negi multiple times as well. It's not just Rakan being boastful, it's what actually happened. Rakan even admits that it was a test.

Because fighters like Rakan are far from the norm?

There are only a handful of characters that are capable of fighting at Rakan's level. Those being Eishun, Nagi and Evangeline likely Zect as well.

I'm discounting Fate and the Lifemaker because they're basically reality warpers when fighting against Rakan, also in a straight up fight Fate took a far harsher beating than Rakan did.

Also, Kagetarou even after the training he went through and all of the improvement he made (which is a lot compared to when he was at Negi's school trip and when he was mainly doing mercenary work), was still scared shitless of the thought of attacking Fate:

X
    X
    X

43. Orion For Sanguinius!

Kagetarou not Kotaru, Kagetarou is a friend of Rakans and as such should not have been overly impressed by something that is a casual display of Rakans power, im not saying he was going all out or something but to claim he wasn't trying at all or that was casual is complete bullshit.

44. Rene Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Rakan was never out to kill Negi, he's even worried whenever he uses a bigger technique like his halberd or Rakan Impact because Negi didn't seem to be doing anything.

Why wouldn't he hold back on his attacks when he's fighting his student, not his enemy.

Sorry my mistake.

Eitherway, Kagetarou was still rather evenly matched with Kotarou, so my argument still stands.

Also, as for you claiming it's Rakan's second strongest attack is also complete bullshit. I'm not claiming it took no effort, I'm claiming that it was casual in the sense of not being extraordinary or requiring Rakan to go all out like you are.

Rakan used his Halberd in response to Negi's Thousand Thunderbolts, Nagi's signature attack. So obviously it wasn't an attack that required no effort at all (like his for the hell of it Right Hand Punch which was felt across several city blocks), but he wasn't facing Nagi and Negi's thunderbolt would obviously be weaker. So logic dictates that it was far from his strongest attack like you're claiming it was.

45. Orion For Sanguinius!

How is it complete bullshit that its his second strongest attack when it is the most destructive quantifiable attack Rakan has?

46. Basilikos Moving on with life

How then do you explain the two instances during the fight where Rakan said he was going all out or wouldn't hold back:

• charging up and throwing the halberd
    • charging up to fire that energy beam from his fist

47. Rene Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Eternal Negi Fever? His Battering Ram? Banretsuken?

The fact that in his fight with Fate, he performed his strongest attack (Rakan Impact) at full power without any substantial charge time.

Also, while he pulled out his halberd, it's shown clearly that Rakan was contemplating on what he was going to do. He also states that he's thinking about going all out, not that he's going all out when he throws the Halberd. Rakan later on states that he only started to take Negi seriously when he pulled out Raiten Taisou. It's all in the scans I posted earlier.

48. Orion For Sanguinius!

None of those showed destructive power on the level of a 1400 meter explosion.

49. Rene Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Eternal Negi Fever disintegrated a couple of hundred meters of solid rock.

Banretsuken smashed through 3 of Fate's barriers. Fate could casually block a cattelite beam with a single barrier he raised.

Rakan's joke punch was felt over quite a wide area, likely town sized as well:

X (top left panel)
    X

50. Orion For Sanguinius!

So Rakan wastes time charging up attacks for the lulz is what your saying?