1. Miss Akihabara 2017: Preliminary Round: Nominations & Qualifications (inc. Naruto and one piece).
    Is currently being held in the Akihabara district, visit the thread here to find out more.

Scanlation Font Question

Discussion in 'Member Contributions' started by Jim (inactive), Nov 11, 2006.

1. Jim (inactive) Fallen angel

I have a question concerning scanlations. In many scanlations you can see a font that looks somehow like "Comic Sans"... or some other "comic-ish" font. But that one has a white surrounding so you can write with it on different backgrounds and it's always readable. Like here in the picture (SPOILER Warning) :
    X

I mean the text in the upper right panel.

My question: what name has this font or, if anyone has the link on coincidence (I can Google myself, so a name should suffice) that would be fine too.

Thanks.

Jim

EDIT: Wrong forum. If a mod/admin would be so kind to put it in the right one and excuse me for being a moron. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  2. Denizen Water Bear

To me, it looks more like the font has a white lining added afterwards - either with some text option or added effect.

The font itself, i'm unsure.

Unless of course you're definite that this font has a permenant white surrounding...

3. death_god_fan I have Yammy banning powers

it's just a regular comic type font... in photoshop, you can stroke the font a color.