1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Sasuke's nature affinity is lightning...

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by atduncan, Apr 12, 2012.

1. atduncan Ninja Dog

I am really surprised by this. I always figured his primary nature was fire (b/c it was like a genetic uchiha thing), but he was capable of lightning. Now we see fire is his 2ndary chakra nature. Interesting. Were you all surprised?

Itachi cant do lightning, so Sasuke really is strange to have that as his primary. And really, no one realized that and taught him before KAkashi? Fukagu, u messed up.

2. kjones99 newbie

I wasn't surprize at all becouse i saw the part of the anime series that this abridge version was made from.Also training people to do Elemental Nature Jutsu are usally done when you gain the rank of Jonin,But it look like Kakashi figure Sasuke needed it since he was going up against Garra and Sasuke needed a penatrating jutsu to get past Garra's defence.

3. Lovely Hope New

Ok..thats was a new information to me..:omg

4. Syko <i><b><font color="#990000">of the Rebellion</font

New old info.

5. Chaos Control Active Member

Do you think Kishimoto didn't think about the idea of affinities until part 2? Also if I remember correctly, Chidori was originally presented as visible chakra, not lighting.

6. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

Kakashi taught Sasuke with nature transformation before Naruto. It makes me wonder if Kakashi didn't see much about Naruto's talent until he saw the Rasengan and thought training Naruto would make up his past mistakes with Sasuke as how he turned out lately.

7. emilm Member

Yeah, ever since the first part of Naruto, I always thought Kakashi favored Sasuke and I actually started to dislike him a bit because of the unfair treatment. It actually really frustrated me.

I mean, he basically just gave Naruto the middle finger and left him alone, until that supposedly elite sensei came along that was actually trash, the one with the shades.

Then Naruto was the one who discovered Jiraiya by himself... Unless that was all planned...

Btw, how is this new information to you guys?? Didn't you draw a correlation with Sasuke's chidori and ever since they first started talking about chakra affinities in Shippuuden?

8. atduncan Ninja Dog

Your both wrong. Before Kakashi taught Sasuke chidori Jiraiya had already confronted him + told him he would take over Naruto's training -- he would leave Kakashi to Sasuke to teach him how to use Sharingan

9. emilm Member

Show me the episode.

Because Kakashi taught Sasuke Chidori before Jiraiya met Naruto.

10. TGM Active Member

No he didn't. Kakashi was in the process of training Sasuke Chidori around the exact same time that Naruto met Jiraiya. Kakashi hadn't yet trained Sasuke back before he set Naruto up to train with Ebisu...

11. emilm Member

Show me the episode.

12. Gaara77 Member

They are right.
    Naruto went to train with Ebisu in episode 52, and met Jiraiya at the end of that episode... Sasuke vs Gaara started episode 65. So somewhere in between Kakashi was training Sasuke...

13. atduncan Ninja Dog

The scene with Jiraiya and Kakashi talking was a flash back

14. atduncan Ninja Dog

HAHA I found it
    X

I have always interpreted this flashback as having taking place before chidori training, it only makes sense

15. emilm Member

Yep, that proves you're wrong. "HAHA FOUND IT!!" God, you're obnoxious only oblivious to your own error.

Check chapter 90, that's when Ebisu was supposed to train Naruto.

X

Which is before Naruto met Jiraiya.

You're 50 chapters behind.

16. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

That whole scene with Sasuke's affinity being Raiton was filler, it never happened in the manga.

17. emilm Member

Ok, so lightning affinity is not nature?

Oh ok, must be earth then :)

18. eddman Member

Each person has a main default nature affinity. Naruto's is lightning wind and will remain that, even if he manages to use other types.

EDIT: oops, what a mistake. Yeah, I meant wind.

19. emilm Member

What? No it's not. It's wind...

20. atduncan Ninja Dog

-snip-

X
    Notice how they mention Sasuke hadn't even developed Sharingan yet. Although we do not know when this flashback occured, its reasonable to assume it may have been even before team 7 formed

And no, not obnoxious. Everyone was demanding to see the chapter to I found it. Your obnoxious making false alligations, your like one of Tigers Woods fake bitches

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  21. Gaara77 Member

@emilm: did you even read my post? Look at the episodes i told you about and you will know you are wrong

22. Omega Reaper Banned

It was pretty obvious it was.

23. atduncan Ninja Dog

I dont see how seeing as how he learned fire before lightning

24. Gold Roger Active Member

Uchiha's have a natural talent for fire style.

25. atduncan Ninja Dog

exactly. so its not obvious

26. Fruit Monger is the Fury

@OP - Everyone has one affinity, unless you have a special bloodline that allows you to have two affinities (i.e. Wood Release, ice Release, etc). All ideas and statements about secondary affinities, or secondary elements, is complete fan fiction.

Kakashi never neglected Naruto. When Itachi and Kisame came to Konoha, Kakashi had a flashback of a conversation he had with Jiraiya which took place before the Chuunin exams. During the flashback, Jiraiya tells Kakashi about Itachi, Akatsuki, and tells him to train Sasuke while he trains Naruto. Everything was planned out by Jiraiya.

27. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

That looked like it took place after the Chuunin exams. Just why did Kakashi picked Ebisu for Naruto's training. Kakashi neglected Naruto and he never truly believed he could learn the Rasengan.

28. insane111 B̲a̲n̲n̲e̲d̲

Kakashi: "Jounin class ninja generally have two or more"

What?

And last time I checked Kakashi, Asuma, Hiruzen, Jiraiya, Darui, Sasuke, Itachi, and a bunch of other characters don't have elemental bloodlines yet they have all used two.

29. Mr. Waffles Indifferent member

Special bloodline is necessary to combine 2 elements into a new one is what he meant... I think. :hmm

30. atduncan Ninja Dog

I think he meant everyone has one affinity, but the ability to learn elements of anoter nature? I really dont know what he meant... but I think he is wrong

31. Fruit Monger is the Fury

I don't remember what was said in the anime, but in the manga, Jiraiya makes a references to the Chuunin exams as if it hasn't happened yet. All this about Kakashi neglecting Naruto and not believing he can learn Rasengan sounds like your dislike for certain characters.

atduncan understood what I meant:

Everyone is born with a single affinity, unless it's in your blood to be able to wield two. But every ninja has the potential to learn to wield multiple elements. Kakashi for example has Lightning affinity and only Lightning, but has trained himself to be able to use more than one element. If Kakashi had multiple affinities, the special paper he had wouldn't have just crinkled up when he was teaching Naruto during the Wind element training arc.

32. Ghost Active Member

Itachi has fire and water affinity, Sasuke fire and lightning. Old news.

33. butcher50 Active Member

OP should be permabanned.

34. Aazadan Active Member

Jiraiya mentions that Orochimaru will return to the village, it happened prior to the invasion which was at the end of the chunin exam. Since Kakashi was away with Sasuke and Jiraiya was away with Naruto, it couldn't have happened after the end of the preliminaries. Since Kakashi didn't mention his run in with Orochimaru which would have been relevant to the conversation it probably happened before that too.

35. kjones99 newbie

Kakashi thought that Naruto's chakra molding skills where a little lacking and he wanted Ebisu to help Naruto improve that.
    As for the neglect someone could see it that way but it realy a case of Kakashi having a case of narrow vision,After all Sasuke was having a lot of problems at that time.He almost got stollen by Kabato,Oro put the curse seal on Sasuke and Garra will kill Sasuke without remorse.Meanwhile Naruto was having chakra controll problems,but what Kakashi fail to see was that the 9Tail's seal was tamper with,which was aiding in making it harder for Naruto to mold Chakra.
    Thankfully Jiriaya was there to fix the seal and help Naruto tap into the 9Tail's chakra as well as teach Naruto to summon frogs,all the while Sasuke learn how to do Chidori from Kakashi.

36. emilm Member

Because Chidori isn't lightning so it's not obvious.

Jesus.

37. Big Bad Wolf El Jefe De Mundo

Itachi only has affinity for Katon. The Suiton jutsu he was seen using were more than likely jutsu Kisame allowed him to copy

38. atduncan Ninja Dog

I can only assume you did not see the filler in which this was revealed. It was not a random post, was new info

39. emilm Member

No it's not new info because Chidori cannot be anything other than LIGHTNING.

40. atduncan Ninja Dog

WTF are you talking about? In the filler it showed Sauce use that strip of paper which reveals one's nature affinity. It went lightning, not fire. This proves his main affinity is lightning, not fire. That was new.

41. droidsteel Probably offline

Since when was sasuke's affinity lightning!? :huh I thought uchihas were fire.

He learnt lightning sure, but I don't remember anyone ever saying his affinity was lightning

:amuse

42. atduncan Ninja Dog

in the recent filler it shows KAkshi giving Sasuke the affinty test paper (that showed us that Naruto has wind chakra). It showed Sauce had lighting affinity

43. Blue Bomber Active Member

A ninja's nature affinity isn't inherited through their clan. The Uchiha are taught Katon techniques, that's why they all know the jutsu.

Each Uchiha clan member still has their own nature affinity. For example Itachi's is Suiton.

44. Chuck &#32

i doubt nature affinity is hereditary, the Uchiha clan just prefers katon techniques compared to the other elements, so Sasuke having his affinity for lightning makes sense

45. eddman Member

This thread is going nowhere. So much disinformation.

AFA I can tell, chakra type is genetic and each family and clan has a specific type BUT, it does not mean all the members of that clan are born with the same type.

Simply wrong.

Yes, but majority are fire.

You can't PREFER a type. It's not like choosing what kind of ice cream you'd like to eat.

X

Uchiha clan members' chakra is mostly fire natured, but of course there are some who have a different one.

You can learn to manipulate other types over time but it's very hard.

Also, if you've noticed, ninjas from a certain country, mostly have that chakra type too.
    For example, A and Killer Bee have lightning natured chakra and are from lightning country.
    Gaara, temari and baki are wind natured.

As for what happened in 258, it's called filler. It might even turn out to be wrong. I hardly doubt sasuke's main chakra is lightning, considering he learnt to use fire jutsus in age of 7.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  46. atduncan Ninja Dog

Why are you arguing cannon and non-cannon in the Naruto TV forum. Don't we go by the show here?

And that is the exact point I made in the OP

47. eddman Member

It's "canon", not "cannon".

Yes, this is the anime section and I'm an anime follower, but that doesn't mean every crap that anime team pulls is true. They always mess with the things they shouldn't.

Kishimito is the creator of naruto and as long as anime follows the manga's storyline, things that aren't in the manga cannot be considered true.

48. kjones99 newbie

The Anime Team combine 2 manga fact inorder to create that segment.
    The 1ST. fact is the lession on how to do the Nature Infinity which was presented when Naruto was learning how to do Wind Nature.
    The 2ND. fact was Kakashi's statment that was said durring the fight of Sasuke VS. Garra at the stage durring the Chunnin Exsam,he said "Sasuke is just like me."
    So that meen that since Sasuke and Kakashi are simular to each other then the results they get from taking the Paper Test would be the same.

49. Chaos Control Active Member

Umm What?.

50. eddman Member

Hmm, if sasuke's main nature type is really lightning and yet he managed to control fire long before that, it means that he's truly an ultra genius.