1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Sasuke vs Neji

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Khazzar, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Khazzar Hand of the King

Distance : 20 m
    Restrictions - Rules : Mangekyo Sharingan is restricted. But ofcourse,regular 3 tomoe sharingan is on and ready to rumble. Kirin is also restricted. This is Taka Sasuke so forget about CS and Orochimaru's abilities. Sasuke does not have any summons! Neji is latest,unrestricted.
    Knowledge : Neji knows that Sasuke is fire and lightning natured. He knows about Chidori Nagashi and all versions of Chidori blades. He is ready for it.

Could Neji defeat Sasuke under these circumstances?

2. kururu319 New Member

No way, I think that Sasuke is too fast for Neji's Rotation or Chakra blocking. His speed would be his greatest weapon. (Plus his sword >.>)

3. Zach ̧

I think Sasuke wins with sharigan genjutsu, I don't think Neji has any genjutsu defense unless his byakugan helps break genjutsu but I don't think it would.

4. Itachi's Apprentice 3 Sasuke is King of Kings

Neji is fairly skilled, but I doubt he will be able to keep up with Sasuke's incredible speed. Also I doubt even his Zettai Bougyo Kaiten will be enough to stand up to the Chidori Blade, nor will Neji be able to really safely damage Sasuke in close combat, due to the risk of Chidori Nagashi.

5. Dman That's fucking bueno

sasuke for sure-he is way to fast for neji and uses long range attacks instead of close range one-so neji will try to defend with palm rotation,but sasuke just waits it out

6. The777Man Soaring Through The Sky

Sasuke's way too fast for Neji. If Neji gets close to him, all he has to do is use Chidori Current and it's over. Sasuke wins with ease.

7. Soul Agent of Justice

Even with this restrictions, I think that Sasuke wins
    Neji hasn't showed anything that he can do to get out of Genjutsu, and Sasuke is pretty good with it.

Also, even if neji has knowledge of Chidori Nagashi, he won't be able to repel it so easily as he is an taijutsu type, so he needs to get close in order to hit.

Neji hasn't any means to damage Sasuke, as his Taijutsu is negated with Chidori Nagashi

8. luckturtz Member

The stats from last databook

Hyuga Neji

Ninjutsu: 4
    Taijutsu: 4.5
    Genjutsu: 2
    Knowledge: 3
    Power: 2.5
    Speed: 4.5
    Stamina: 3.5
    Seal: 3

Uchiha Sasuke

Ninjutsu: 5
    Taijutsu: 3.5
    Genjutsu: 4
    Knowledge: 3.5
    Power: 3.5
    Speed: 4.5
    Stamina: 3.5
    Seal: 4

I am on my way to work so i don't have time throw out full argument.Let just eliminate speed as advantage.Neji trains with Gai and Rock lee so just throw out speed.The databook has them as even and if sasuke is faster Neji is the one person who experience fighting against people that fast.I will bring my full argument later.

9. Vergil642 Nikushimi's Successor

Sasuke wins this with moderate difficulty at worst. He's got the advantage in Ninjutsu and Genjutsu, with a smaller advantage in Taijutsu as although Neji is more skilled than he is, Sasuke is faster and can predict his every movement. Neji's only defence is to use Kaiten and that might not be enough to stop Chidori Eisou. Even if it is he can't spin forever and Sasuke can and will take him down when he leaves himself open.

10. Yulwei Afrodisiac

For Neji to compete we need to know his elemental affinity and whather it's weak or strong against lightning because I see that being as big a deciding factor as genjutsu. Kakashi said most jounin have an affinity and can use one other element so it's possible that even if it's not his affinity Neji might know how to use wind based jutsu to counter Sasuke's elemental attacks.

11. Csdabest O.Y.D. Chris Styles

Um Neji doesnt have an affinity. Just his bloodline. Neji gets owned pretty bandly. Negashi should protect him against gentle fist and trigrams. Plus base speed. Sasuke and Neji are about the same but Shunshin puts his speed on another level

12. TheGreen1 Weilds Dongle of Death

If this gets into a taijutsu battle, Neji might win if he's quick enough (since they are equal in speed according to databook) But then again, Sasuke may win because he's bringing a sword to a fist-fight. Sword > Hands.

If it's a ninjutsu or genjutsu fight, Sasuke wins, period.

13. Darth

Katon jutsu? Kaiten blocks em all...

raiton jutsu? Sasuke needs to get in close, and if he does, Juuken messes up his internal organs..

taijutsu? Juuken or 64 palms ruins sasuke..

genjutsu? I'm inclined to believe that byakugan can see through a genjutsu.. (it can see through chakra right? genjutsu is essentially a blanket of chakra over your mind and affecting your five senses.. Byakugan should be able to see through the genjutsu and differentiate reality from illusion)

IMO, Neji has a very good chance to win.. i'd say 70/30 in Neji's favor..

14. Vergil642 Nikushimi's Successor

Your opinion is wrong :zaru

Yeah I went there :hoho

Kaiten blocks Katons and when Neji stops spinning he finds himself being attacked by Chidori variants or an unblockable sword at close range. Only two of Sasuke's Chidori variants have to be used up close. Chidori Eisou and Senbon can be used at range and Eisou may pierce Kaiten. Sasuke might even be able to tie Neji up with wires using Sharingan Soufuusha Sannotachi followed by Ryuuka no Jutsu to burn him up. Jyuuken is only effective if you can tag your opponent and that's going to be difficult when Sasuke has better speed feats and is at the very slowest as fast as Neji. His Sharingan also increases his reactions and allows him to predict Neji's movements meaning even if they are equal in speed Sasuke still has the Taijutsu advantage (pretty hard to hit a guy who knows where you're going to hit him just as you start to move your body).

Genjutsu is control over the chakra in your brain. Byakuyan can let you see through things, but it's never been stated to be able to see through Genjutsu. Neji's high chakra control indicates he has a higher chance of breaking Sasuke's Genjutsu but we don't really know if he could. As Sasuke doesn't rely on Genjutsu as much as Ninjutsu it's less of a big deal anyway.

Sasuke takes this 7/10. Maybe 8/10.

15. josh101 SAS

I beg to differ. X

I think Neji has a chance with these restrictions, I just don't see him getting hit by a obvious attack like Chidori or a Katon, or even his sword, I think that sasuke does have good analytic abilities so he could probably find a weakness in Neji's attacks, but all neji needs is one hit on sasuke, and with superior Taijutsu and equal speed I can see it happening. He has the best chakra control we've seen so I feel he could break out of the Genjutsu even if the Byakugan could not see through them, Neji wins 6/10

16. Vergil642 Nikushimi's Successor

Your link shows only that Sai can jump in the way of Sasuke (relatively) slowly going to stab Naruto in the back. We've seen that Sasuke can attack faster than that, we haven't seen Neji do anything impressive speed wise since part 1. Obvious or not, Neji won't necessarily be able to do anything about Chidori or Katons. If Chidori Eisou can pierce Kaiten then even if it is obvious Neji's screwed as dodging something when you've just been spinning at high speed using a specific technique isn't easy.

Besides, all Sasuke needs is one hit on Neji and he's dead. Neji needs to hit Sasuke's heart to kill him with Jyuuken, or his lungs or head or whatever. If he gets that close Sasuke can always repel (and paralyse) him with Chidori Nagashi. Neji has no way of defending himself against such an attack. Neji also hasn't got the best chakra control we've seen. Not proveably anyway. He's able to do something few other ninja can do by actively using tenketsu other than on his hands and feet to expel chakra, but that doesn't make him the greatest there is at chakra control. Neji still has to hit Sasuke which as I've said is unlikely because of Sasuke's superior reactions and Sharingan Prediction. Chidori Nagashi just makes things even worse for Neji.

Sasuke has the advantage here in a big way. He can attack from a distance effectively, can dominate Neji with Genjutsu (even if Neji can break it, one Kasegui no Jutsu will be sufficient to give Sasuke the opening he needs to kill Neji) and even in Taijutsu holds the advantage with superior reactions, movement prediction, Chidori Nagashi and an unblockable sword. Sasuke's even got an intelligence and tactical ability advantage over Neji. Neji's one advantage is his superior Taijutsu skill, but that's negated by Sasuke's many other advantages.

It really isn't that close. Unless Sasuke messes up Neji won't have a chance to land a hit.

17. Rescuebear Exiled

Neji would most likely have just as good a chance to win this as Sasuke.
    Genjutsu would be fought by the byakugan.
    Im skeptical that the sharingan can predict the gentle fist style.
    And their speed is about equal.

If Sasuke sits back and fires ninjutsu at neji he can win this, if he tries to get close to Neji he gets horribly messed up.

lol

18. Hamaru Semi-Active

If Sasuke fights had to hank Neji would win. Neji should not have a problem keeping up with Sasuke's speed either. Keeping up with speed has never been a problem for him.

19. Soul Agent of Justice

Fair enough

No, Chidori Senbon and Kirin are Medium and long range...

Juuken or 64 palms? Chidori Nagashi :blinditachi

He can't, as he hasn't showed to

That's mere speculation

He hasn't, as his main power (Taijutsu) is negated with Sasuke's Chidori Variants

20. Soul Agent of Justice

I don't think that he would had it

Proof?

It can, as that is mere Taijutsu

Sasuke is faster

If Sasuke sits back and fires ninjutsu at Neji he will win this

If Sasuke sits back and fires ninjutsu at neji he can win this

If he tries to get close to Neji, he will win (Sasuke has good Taijutsu and Chidori Nagashi to negate neji's Taijustu) unless he is too reckless (It can be, but I don't see that plausible)

21. grahf Doesn't want a Custom Title

This would be a good fight. But seeing how sasuke is capable of chidori variants and is capable of fighting mid range combat using his lightning element. I believe that he has the upperhand on this battle. and talking about close range, using his sharingan, he can clearly see neji's taijutsu and it won't also be a problem for hm since he has a kusanagi in his hands.

I go for sasuke.

22. Federer Active Member

Even with all those restrictions, I still can see Sasuke winning, with extreme diffeculty. It's true, Neji can block a lot, however the versatality and the sharingan prediction to avoid Jyuuken fight-style gives Sasuke opperturnities to win here, but Neji can win this too, it's very 50-50.

But I just realized how big the gap is between Neji and Sasuke after seeing this thread. :nuts

23. Yulwei Afrodisiac

When push comes to shove they were equal until the Sharingan became a shot of adrenaline for genjutsu and it gained super powers in MS. Sasuke never took true advantage of it's abilities to copy jutsu so that was never a factor.

24. Deathplus1 Couldn't care less

If the Byakugan could see through genjutsu, then neji has it, but if not =, then sasuke.

Without the MS or summons or Kirin or CS, genjutsu and speed is really all that Sasuke has going for him, and neji's byakugan is perceptive enough to counter the speed when coupled with neji's untilmate defense(the jutsu that involves pushing chakra from any pore in his body).

25. tenrec Member

I think Sasuke would win with moderate difficulty. There's no way Neji could survive a kirin or amaterasu.

26. luckturtz Member

Why Sasuke wins

Between his gentijustu and variety chidori attacks sasuke is a little to much for neji handle even area where neji might have an advantage like intelligence and taijustu it is just about even.

Why Neji wins

If Sasuke attacks Neji like he did Killer Bee.It does not matter Sasuke if you give sasuke all his abilities he will lose.Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms, No charaka for Sasuke.It becomes a taijustu fight we all knows wins that fight.

X-factors(Speculation)

- I believe that Byakugan or Neji ability to control his chakra flow gives ability to escape genjustu.I have no proof that or this but Gai has learned to watch people feet avoid look at the sharigan,it is good like hood that Gai has passed this technique to Neji.

-Neji is Jounin.We have no idea other abilities or refinement of techniques he learned.I have no proof but since kakashi was able to do it and Gai his teacher.I believe that neji can open 1 gate now.Once again i have no proof of this but it gives you idea how potential scary Neji can become training with gai.

My conclusion

As much as i want Neji beat Sasuke.Neji has not shown and real defense for sasuke big moves and techniques.If Sasuke is cautious 9 out of ten times he beats Neji.If it is cocky reckless Sasuke that fought deidra or Killer bee then Neji beats him every single time if you make a mistake while fight Neji you will have no chakra. Sasuke can not beat Neji without chakra.

27. HyuugaProdigy TheNumber1Rookie

u sasuke fanboys seriously overestimate sasuke's abillities. the truth is if neji gets close enough 2 sasuke it's game over 4 the uchiha. when it comes 2 taijutsu- which is nejis spescialty- neji is superior; he doesn't even need 2 land a direct hit on sasuke, he only needs a glancing blow 2 potentially kill. i also don't think genjutsu will have a deciding factor in this fight 4 two reasons: 1- neji's chackra control is 1 of the best we've seen in naruto, antone who can easily perforn kiten will have no trouble dispelling even some of the strongest genjutsus because kiten not only releases your chackra, it also repels external chackara and physical attacks. 2- the reason why the sharingan is resistant 2 genjutsu is because it can see through the illusions. however it has been clearly stated- by both kakashi and by kishi in the data books- that the byakugan's powers of insight r superior 2 those of the sharingan; therefore if the sharingan has the insight 2 see through genjutsu the byakugan should at least have the same level of insight if not more. we'll have 2 wait and c if this proves 2 b true, but it's most likely 2 b the case.

4 sasuke 2 take this fight he'll have 2 keep his distance and wear neji down if if neji gets within divination range it's game over 4 sasuke. and 4 anybody who thinks sasuke's sharingan will help him predict all ove neji's taijutsu moves my ansawer 2 that is look at sasuke's fight against killer bee. his sharingan couldn't do shit against someone with superior taijutsu skill.

28. Csdabest O.Y.D. Chris Styles

Fact that Sasuke has superior speed via feats and Negashi, and sharingan to predict moves before neji makes them meaning lees close range combat will be useless he is too linear. His gentle fist would be met with chidori negashi then a firm kusanagi through his throat

29. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Neji can target the tenketsu points from a distance with Hakke Kushou:

Spoiler:

30. Csdabest O.Y.D. Chris Styles

Thank you. DB is just teir range. meaning other can be faster in the same tier. And It obvious Sasuke was peaking tier 4.5 about to go into tier 5.

31. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Deidara could very well keep up with Sasuke,they have equal speed.The only time Sasuke managed to surprise Deidara from behind was when Deidara was focused on Tobi for a moment.Neji would one shot base Sasuke.

32. Atlantic Feather of Infinity Administrator

33. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

34. ?Sharingan Squid? Dapper as fuck

Sasuke's 2-tomoe and 1-tomoe Sharingan could follow Haku's bloodline jutsu movements. 3-tomoe has no problem following Neji's.
    While Neji's Kaiten isn't too shabby, Sasuke's Nagashi or any other Chidori overpowers it due to chakra recomposition. Keep in mind Kaiten is just extracting chakra from tenketsu while spinning. Sasuke has a good chance at close range even without his sword.

But when it goes mid to long range, Sasuke wins for sure with stronger Katons or Chidori Eisou/Senbon, while Neji's Empty Palm has done nothing but push someone away.

Sasuke's speed is far greater than Neji's, so no shot there... The genjutsu defense part has never been shown either.

35. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Kaiten knocks away the opponents chakra,lol Nagashi :ryoma
    X
    And Hakke Kushou aims at the vital points as the DB says,its a bloodline ability,i dont see how Sasuke wont get one shoted without a CS,Oro powers and MS.

36. ?Sharingan Squid? Dapper as fuck

Kaiten knocks away squat. It only works this well when the opponent runs into it like a berserker, like Naruto. When the opponent is standing perfectly still, he only gets pushed away a little, that is when he isn't using any form of defense.
    Nagashi overpowers, Chidori pierces.
    Hakke Kushou did absolutely nothing to Kisame's Shoten clone and it takes Neji a little time to aim it. It took Sasuke less than a second to slice off a bijuu's tail. It would be the same with Neji's head.

37. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

No,the manga says it knocks away the opponents chakra,last time i checked Nagashi is made from recomposed chakra :zaru Sasuke gets at a 10m distance from Neji and dies instantly.The sharingan will only help him predict his own death,like in that movie Final Destination.

38. ?Sharingan Squid? Dapper as fuck

It actually has never shown to be able to knock away any of the stronger, more recomposed jutsu of the manga, such as Rasengan or Chidori. At best, it can knock away someone running at him and even then Neji gets hurt.

Also Neji can't keep on using Kaiten anyway, it takes a terrible toll on his chakra because it's, as i said, extracting chakra from all his tenketsu.
    That doesn't make sense.

I already refuted that part as well anyway.

39. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Neji sees chakra forming for a jutsu in advance,Sasuke tries his Chidori and gets deflected.Neji had no problems to spam Kaiten vs Kidoumaru.

40. Vergil642 Nikushimi's Successor

:facepalm

No, Hakke Kushou at 10m has not been shown to do much more than push people over. Sasuke will then bounce right back up again. It doesn't attack the tenketsu either, all the DB description says is that it can attack the opponent's vital organs. We didn't see it do much to Kisame's organs (he didn't seem injured at all when he got hit) so why should we assume it'll damage Sasuke's organs?

Kisame's durability doesn't come into this either. Jyuuken bypasses physical strength and durability and attacks the organs that you cannot train to get tougher. That's one of the reasons it's considered so dangerous. And Kaiten? Buggering useless. If Neji starts spinning Sasuke will jump away or immediately Chidori Nagashi him. The Nagashi will hit Neji as he's starting to spin, so he won't be able to use Kaiten's full power to defend himself. Or Sasuke could throw a Chidori Eisou through him while he starts to spin, either way is good.

If this was a pure Taijutsu match and you took Sasuke's Sharingan away Neji would win. Problem is this isn't a pure Taijutsu match, Sasuke has greater speed and reactions than Neji, can predict his every movement, has much better ranged attacks, high level of skill with Ninja Tools, a massive Genjutsu advantage and an unblockable sword.

Hell, just having a sword is a great help when you're facing an unarmed opponent.

Neji's not winning this fight except in the rarest scenarios.

41. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Sasuke's speed is overrated,kaiten defflects chakra so no Chidori aint doing anything to Neji's deffence.
    X
    Did you forget that in the Chuunin exams it was forbiden to kill your oponent?Neji will target Sasuke's vital spot right away,Kidoumaru needed a form of liquid metal on his skin to protect himself.Sasuke doesent have such deffence,he gets raped.

42. nordic God of Vinland

Sasukes Kirin, Amatersau and Chidori variants will be too much for Neji to handle.

Kaiten can`t go on forever.

43. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

By the time Sasuke uses Kirin he will already be down for the count.

44. ?Sharingan Squid? Dapper as fuck

Once more Kaiten has never shown the ability to deflect stronger jutsu.

He did. When Kidoumaru was launching the arrows, Neji was nearly exhausted because of all the chakra wasted.

45. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Kishimoto spoke through Ten-Ten and explained Kaiten :argh

46. House Barathreon

Chidori lance ends it within milliseconds.
    Sasuke wins ridiculously easy.

47. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

What did Sasuke's Chidori lance did to a dying Oro?Pierced his arm :ryoma One Jyuuken is enough to put Sasuke in da coffin.

48. ?Sharingan Squid? Dapper as fuck

No-limit fallacy.
    Until Kaiten stops something other than a kunai without Neji getting hurt, I'm gonna say Chidori goes through it easily.
    Pierced his arm AND paralyzed him. It's what Chidori does.

49. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Paralyzing-shmaralyzing,Jyuuken kills directly.If Oro was fully paralyzed he wouldnt be able to make a move.As for the no limits fallacy,Uchihatards use it for MS to :argh

50. On and On &#32

if sasuke didn't have sharingan genjutsu, neji would clean house with him.

neji's basically the shit, kids. he's crazy powerful but not a mary sue lyk sausgay.