1. Miss Akihabara 2017: Preliminary Round: Nominations & Qualifications (inc. Naruto and one piece).
    Is currently being held in the Akihabara district, visit the thread here to find out more.

Sasuke and Orochimaru

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Jeαnne, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Jeαnne :hurr

This might be one of the most amusing things among the "how it turned out" bunch now that Naruto is technically over. Most of the "plot tension" points got resolved by the death or simply the ausence of characters that were considered main villains, but Orochimaru remained. Not only this, he remained and still has contact with Sasuke, who was his target for most of the manga and generated tension in the plot with Naruto.

I was reflecting on what Kishi did and this must be the most unusual "ending" for a villain that i have seen. He not only remained around but got a "son" who is the buddy of the son and the daughter of the main characters.

After everything that happened, I was thinking about his relationship with Sasuke and its amusing and awkward in my view. Sasuke still treats him harshly but somehow i feel that with Sasuke growing up, they feel more natural, ever since the revival and edo tensei episode. I have a lot of curiosity about what is on Sasuke's mind when it comes to Orochimaru, because we never got to know it. We know better about how Orochimaru feels about Sasuke, but after Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi, Orochimaru is probably the closest person Sasuke has and somehow, even after everything that went on, i dont think he dislikes him at all, on the contrary.

This makes me curious for future developments in Boruto involving Sarada and Mitsuki, if they ever hear about what went on between them. The potential for at least funny stuff is fairly big.

2. Lucaniel non serviam

i think the main development with salad is that after naruto banged her in the canon spinoff konoha donburi, oro is now prob creating sexual enhancements to get her to childbearing age quicker

3. DVD Moderator Moderator

Some more interaction between them akin to what the Sasuke Shinden filler did would be interesting to see. Plus the sight of them together never fails to make me chuckle at the thought of how they got away with everything, especially Oro.

4. Riddley Member

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Milliardo G.L.P.

I agree completely. Their time together is always entertaining despite how oddly they are placed together and the fact that there were no criminal charges for Sasuke or Orochimaru is hilarious.

6. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

There were. Kakashi led to them being dismissed.

7. Arthas Anko's Lover

Well, I guess both of them are as slipppery as snakes...

8. Sixpence None The Richer Oops

Sasuke already shared his opinion on Orochimaru though; he doesn't think very highly of him as a person but recognizes his power as a shinobi. I doubt anything has changed in that regard.

9. Riddley Member

@Ganta Character-wise, we will never agree on the issue of Sasuke.

Sakura got her freak on in Orochimaru's house and worse, delivered of Sarada with Karin's supervision in Orochimaru's house. The hypocrisy of Sasuke. :tem

10. Zef Well-Known Member

I actually want a continuation of this.:catsupine
    X

Or wherever it was leading..:cattired

It appears like Sasuke, and Orochimaru were learning things from each other upon reuniting.
    X

An entire chapter was dedicated to Oro talking about Sasuke's wind, and we never heard anything further...:defeat

So I'm all for it. Just keep that thot Karin away from Sasuke if they meet.
    :scust

11. oMeGa1904 Will of Hatred

Well Orochimaru is the guy who just is an amoral scientific now. He doesn't care wheter there are wars, people doing bad things or anything. Only if things are "interesting". He mainly finds Sasuke interesting, that's his whole "new wind" metaphor. Orochimaru stopped being an active player (causing ruckus like invading Konoha) to rather being a mere observer. He considers Sasuke an 'amusement' like him being an anomaly, since the war arc (Sasuke being the wildcard and deciding different path than Kabuto). From Orochimaru's pov, not even humans interest him that much, in Gaiden he thinks humans are very simple just defined by their DNA and such. But he still continued with his experiments cause if not he'd be bored. I caught with the episodes and i find it interesting their relationship. He even had a more cynical version of why Sasuke is pardoned (and him by extension). It was not because his fundamental help to end war but rather cause in the future the "good guys" will need mavericks/aces to save themselves. Which makes perfect sense because the shinobi world (mainly the Kages) know they'll be invaded by what Kaguya feared (otsutsukis), so keeping Sasuke alive and in shape, the only user of the Sharingan and Rinnegan, makes sense.

Like their interaction, from Orochimaru's teasing, to Sasuke's palpable disdain. Sasuke knows he has no choice but to ask and interact with Orochimaru since he knows a lot of stuff, he's mainly a dark shinobi enciclopedia, and Orochimaru just finds him interesting. An interaction born by aligned interests.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  12. Zef Well-Known Member

Orochimaru being excused even for the sake of a potential threat is retarded though. IIRC he was involved with at least two Kage assassinations.

Only is this manga is such forgiveness possible. :puppers

13. Zensuki You're annoying

I would like to think Oro being "killed" and then "reborn" made them treat him different. Sasuke has no mercy for him though, but its crazy how they ignore his body replacement technique and even the possibility of his experiments being sinister.

14. oMeGa1904 Will of Hatred

True xD. Rasa and Hiruzen may they RIP, lol. However considering he's the only shinobi enciclopedia in NV, makes kinda sense. Blame the other shinobis who are dumb af :catskully. At least Kages think they'll need every manpower (and knowledge) they'll get for the otsutsukis boredom to come.

Also idk if Orochi can be killed, his horcruxes are intact afaik.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  15. Milliardo G.L.P.

Yeah, they were easily dropped and nobody gave a shit.

16. Takahisa Art is a BANG!

Sasuke doesn't care about Oro at all but Oro has a clear interest on him which has not vanished.

I don't honestly think Ikemoto will bring on the new manga anything about Oro's past ambitions because it would be controversial thus it will not affect Sarada nor Mitsuki.

17. Divell King of Trolls

Sasuke still treats him pretty harsh. I don't see any improvement in their relationship from Sasuke's part at all.

18. Klue 輪廻

Typical Orochi nonsense. Kishi tryna sound cool.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List