1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Sanji vs Daz Bones

Discussion in 'One Piece Battledome Archive' started by Imagine, May 3, 2012.

1. Imagine Unrivaled

Mindset: IC

Distance: 30m

Knowledge: Manga

Arabasta arc Sanji obviously

Edit - Scenario 2: Arabasta Luffy is with Sanji

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. Shingy Two Shings

Sanji => Mr 2. Mr 1. > Mr. 2. Sanji loses but by a slim margin.

3. MrChubz Does want a Custom Title

There's literally nothing Sanji can do to damage him.

4. Coruscation Active Member

I don't see any way for Sanji to damage him since Zoro's most powerful attacks did practically nothing and it's questionable if Luffy could even have hurt him. Therefore, he loses by default. Then the fact that Sanji beat Mr. 2 by a hair just reinforces the point. Daz was not only slightly stronger than Bon. If Sanji whited out after beating Mr. 2, he'd never beat Daz Bones.

5. Doma Active Member

Are we sure Sanji can't hurt him? Luffy broke Arlong's sword and Don Krieg's armor which I'm pretty sure were made of steel. Zoro was trying to cut steel which might be harder than just punching/kicking through it.

6. Coruscation Active Member

Thin steel swords are a LOT different from Daz Bones. Zoro smashed all eight of Hatchan's swords into pieces with a single move, yet he couldn't even scratch Daz Bones 100 chapters later with the same move and many more. Zoro was trying to cut it but that doesn't mean his moves don't have tons of force behind them as well. High quality swords are extremely hard and provide leverage on top of his own enormous physical strength. Like I said, Oni-Giri shattered Hatchan's swords. But Daz was unharmed by a stronger Oni-Giri.

7. corsair ゴゴゴゴ

It might have turned out different if Mr. 2 had not copied Namis face. Anyway, I don't see Alabasta Sanji really hurting Daz Bones, so he cannot win.

8. Doc Q Active Member

Daz takes this. I can't even think of a single situation where Sanji would get he upper hand.

9. Last shinobi Red haired shinobi

i agree with this. i'm not saying sanji wins but cutting is in fact different from punching/kicking, so sanji and luffy may just use consecutive blows to take down daz bones

10. DoflaMihawk Blind Bandit

Sanji can't hurt him.

Daz wins mid-diff.

11. Doma Active Member

Maybe Hatchan's swords weren't made of steel or it was just an inconsistency on Oda's part. It seems unlikely he'd have him cut steel and then have an entire fight based on his inability to cut steel later.

His strength and how good his swords are shouldn't matter because he lacked the skill to cut steel. It's like that quote Mihawk said about swords, something like they're just a chunk of metal if you don't how to use it.

Anyways, I don't think Sanji would win I just think he might be able to hurt him a little.

12. Pacifista PX Project

Sanji can't even hurt him. Daz was completely unscathed after everything that Zoro threw at him. Throughout the entire fight, the best Zoro could do was surprise him with the ferocity of his techniques as there were several times in which Zoro could outmaneuver him but that's it. Sanji can't even scratch Daz's skin.

13. halaros536 Active Member

Sanji cant beat Daz.

14. Hakan Erkan Active Member

15. Kishido Hunter

Sanji loses cuz he can't hurt him

16. White Active Member

If you gave sanji Diablo Jambe he might have stood a chance, but otherwise hes easy prey for him

17. Sanji Active Member

Daz mid-diff

18. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Daz wins Mid-Diff. Sanji can't hurt daz, and daz is like the best of both worlds regarding martial arts/swordsfighting, and that puts sanji at a real disadvantage being up close. But sanji would kick the shit out of him for a good time. but to no avail.

19. Coruscation Active Member

He didn't cut Hatchan's swords. He smashed them to pieces. Blunt force. He couldn't do it do Daz with stronger attacks because his steel was harder or thicker or both. Sanji and Luffy smashing thin swords or spears doesn't mean they can hurt Daz because then Zoro would have been able to do it as well. A thin piece of steel like a sword or spear =/= Daz Bones, that's just how it is. Krieg's armor is comparable but Luffy took like 4-5 full power blows to get through that.

20. Imagine Unrivaled

I added a second scenario would Sanji be able to take it with ara Luffy there to?

21. HaxHax Active Member

Look at Sanji vs Jyabura and Zoro vs Kaku.

Apart from Azura, Zoro literally did no damage to Kaku. On the other hand Sanji was able to kick Jyabura around from the get-go. Kaku and Jyabura literally had identical strength.

Fact of the matter is just that Sanji's kicks hit a lot more force than Zoro's katanas do. You don't fight armor with piercing weaponry, you use bludgeoning. So maybe Sanji wouldn't put a hole in Daz, but he would be able to wear him down gradually.

22. Captain Altintop Captain of Cologne Warriors

Daz with high 6o very high diff.

Sanji should be also able to suprise him with his mobility but I doubt he could seriously damage Daz, maybe I'm wrong. It'd be like Zoro vs Mr.1 but with Sanji having no special move to put a victory.

Do you think blunt force is faring better against Daz than slicing moves?

23. Sanjiraiya Banned

DJ Sanji>>>>>Daz>Sanji

24. Doma Active Member

I wasn't expecting him to completely break his steel, I was just thinking a slight crack or a bloody lip after a good combo. He'd definitely lose of course, I just think it's a bit of an understatement to say Sanji can't hurt him at all, Daz stomps.

25. Coruscation Active Member

Daz isn't the kind of guy you can hurt with repeated attacks though. You need single, powerful moves, you have to break his steel cleanly with each hit. That's why Zoro hitting him over and over did nothing more than hitting him once. Just like the CP9's Tekkai. Sanji couldn't break Jyabura's Tekkai 200 chapters later so I really, really don't see on what grounds you could argue that he could hurt Daz Bones. It's not like he would just be rolled over in seconds since he is faster and more agile and could definitely do some solid dodging and attempted attacks, but in the end he'd go down just like Zoro without managing to hurt him. Only, he wouldn't be getting back up for a one-shot.

26. Doma Active Member

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just thought he might be able to since EB Luffy could break steel and I figured Alabasta Sanji should be around that strength.

27. Coruscation Active Member

Well you have to differ between "breaking steel" as in shattering a thin piece like a sword, and smashing thick, high-qualiy steel. Luffy took like 4-5 full power moves to get through Krieg's armor while he tore Arlong's sword apart with his fingers. That shows you just how big the difference is. And Daz is probably even more durable than Krieg's armor.

28. Pacifista PX Project

It took a lot of hits for Luffy to be able to break through Krieg's wootz steel. A lot. And Daz's steel quite honestly looks to be much more impressive. Besides that though, Sanji has absolutely no way to protect himself. Zoro had swords to block and redirect attacks. Sanji can't do that at all. Woe be the chef if Daz turns his arms into Spiral Hollow right before a kick lands.

29. Klauser Member

I agree.Fighting Daz is different than fighting Krieg's armour.If Sanji hits it's like attacking directly the cutting side of a sword if Daz decides so.

That's why I never understand why people think Luffy would win.He would just lose his arms.It's different than fighting a swordsman, because here the enemy IS the sword basically.Well this is from a realist point of view, anything can happen in the manga though.
    I could even say that Luffy can't beat a swordsman around Zoro level since he could very well put the sharp side of his blades as a barrier, proving the theory that Luffy is weak against sharp objects (and almost every top tiers utilise some kind of weapons when they have to).

If Daz can't harm Sanji directly when he kicks, I see Sanji winning but dying at the end.I re-read the fight and Zoro was way stronger and more skilled.Sanji would have plenty of openings and after a long fight they would both die I guess.

30. Djozz *cough..

Daz with low to mid dif, i cant imagine how sanji deal with this literally iron-man lol

31. Captain Altintop Captain of Cologne Warriors

Fixed it for ya.

32. tupadre97 Active Member

wtf how the hell would sanji hurt him, retarded thread

33. convict Currently on a temporary break from NF Moderator

I also subscribe to this seemingly unpopular line of reasoning. For example, Luffy was able to make the dragon wince with his punch while Zoro's attack didn't even tickle it. However, Zoro onehotted the dragon in the end. In essence, swords are 'all or nothing' in such situations while blunt damage can provide lasting damage that can accumulate.

However, this is Daz Bones we are talking about. Even if Sanji is eventually able to take him out it is going take a long time. He doesn't have the destructive capacity of Luffy after all. In the mean time Daz will probably be able to tag him at one point or another and those monster attacks of his should do the trick. Sanji will not be able to sustain the amount of damage Zoro did in that fight. If you say agility and mobility are Sanji's specialties then endurance and tolerance are Zoro's.

Daz takes it.

34. Pimp of Pimps But prostitute to all

Pretty sure that was just because Luffy can up the force behind his attacks so much because of his fruit.

Plus, bludgeoning like that really only works when your opponent is wearing actual armor. It's a whole different game when the person your hitting has an entire body that's super hard.

35. Imagine Unrivaled

Do you guys think Sanji can win with Luffy with him?

36. convict Currently on a temporary break from NF Moderator

Yeah that is why I say it will be much more difficult for Sanji since he can't generate as much force.

When you are denting metal armor you aren't just hurting the material through it; you are distorting the metall itself. Even if there is a wall of hard metal you can keep denting it in repeatedly with enough force. I don't see how a body of tough material is any different. With enough force you dent the material, and since Daz's body is made out of that material, he should feel his own body getting pounded in. Though yes it will take Sanji an extremely long time IF he is able to do it at all.

37. White Active Member

I was thinking of the move being scaled down to Arabasta Sanjis level. Mainly because the move revolves around manipulating the heat in the legs to extreme temperatures, and since steel is a good conductor of heat it should be highly effective against Daz.

38. ajinko pirate hunter

arabasta sanji loses to daz.

39. cry77 Dont rustle my Jimmies.

No, they can do nothing but to annoy him for a while..

Mr.1 mid diff against the both of them

40. jNdee~ MangSlayer

I can't find a way which sanji will win

41. Heretic Active Member

Alabasta Luffy solos high diff, Sanji loses high difficulty. I do think Sanji's attacks will hurt, but it won't be enough.

42. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

Luffy nor Sanji will beat Daz 1v1. Together i guess i can see it but it will take a long ass time.

Sanjis attacks will not hurt Daz what so ever they will annoy him sure but thats it.