1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR, PSOTW MIRROR
  3. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Sage Mode vs. Kyuubi Mode

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by RaidenisDead, May 4, 2011.

1. RaidenisDead True Entity

Which mode benifts / suits Naruto more?

Sage mode: Must remain still for a short period of time, allows sensing, super strength, heightened durability, Rasen Shuriken, limited amount of clones, stronger attack power, double Rasengan, lasts for short amount of time. (Shorter depending on attacks used)

Kyuubi mode: Near instant activation, Kyuubi arms, huge speed increase, Bijuu Rasengan, can handle/hold Bijuu ball, senses evil / Kyuubi chakra, breaks shadow possession, high energy aura (Yamato's Mokuton), no clones, drains Naruto's chakra, heightened strength with Kyuubi arms (stacking stone shapes).

BTW Naruto Shippuden movie 4 is out: X

2. PureWIN Mr. Prince

Sage Mode does not limit the number of clones Naruto can produce. He can produce any number he desires unless he chooses to use them as sage chakra batteries.

3. Pseudo laughing with a mouth of blood

I thought it was called RM?

4. Dim Mak xo

People here on NF just gave it that name because Naruto resembles the Rikudou when he enters said mode. It actually should be called KM, but whatevs.

5. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

I think we cant say it until we see how powerful Naruto's Bijuu Dama is.

6. KiddLaw92 White Lightning

I'd give it to SM Naruto because he can use clones but Kyubi is undeniably stronger although it allows the Kyubi to take his chakra.

7. PrazzyP HxH is life

from what we've seen SM has shown alot more benefits.

but ofc thats all likely to change once naruto goes into battle with KM/RM

8. Saunion Active Member

SM "suits" Naruto more, because he can use his signature moves with it (kagebushin and FRS) but RM benefits him more, because it can be activated immediately, and is likely faster, stronger and more destructive.

9. Judecious Active Member

RM gives him more in terms of speed and SM gives him more strength so they are about the same.

10. RaidenisDead True Entity

Things will change a lot once we see what RM is fully capable of.

11. PureWIN Mr. Prince

Then what was the point of creating this thread, if you acknowledge we're performing an incomplete analysis? :oh

12. RaidenisDead True Entity

To piss you off. :zaru

13. PureWIN Mr. Prince

You succeeded. :zaru

14. Goom .

I thought he could use them both combined

15. uchiha no senkō Uchiha's Flash

+Rep OP nice points on the 2 modes.

I think that right now Sage Mode is a better fit. He's probably mastered it by now as well, enough to last more than 2 RasenShurikens hopefully. I also think that RasenShuriken will be stronger than the Bijuu Rasengan (we kind of already saw it in Part 1 against CS2 Sasuke). Sage Naruto can also use the Force (Happy Star Wars Day!) when he attacks physically.

On the other hand RM is just beast, much stronger than SM in almost all regards (other than RasenShuriken) and lasts much longer. Only downside is his clone usage which is a huge part of Naruto's repertoire. Also I think RM's instant activation vs SM's activation isn't that big of a deal. Just make a clone, have it run away and make more clones, collect sage chakra, release technique on one, boom instant activation... in a sense. Also SM owned the actual Kyubi (who's always in Kyubi Mode) so who knows which is stronger. Just wait till we see the combination of SM and RM again.

LAWL +Rep

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  16. Saunion Active Member

They're not the same jutsu at all.

17. Pink Matter More Than Human

I think Kyuubi Mode suits the Naruto that we used to know more. Back then, Naruto was reckless and fought with mostly sheer willpower. After the timeskip, Naruto is a bit more tactical (although not very) and is able to plan out his fights by cleverly using Kage Bunshins and Rasengans, which Sage Mode complements. Personally, I like the more mature Naruto so I'm going to go with Sage Mode.

18. Jak N Blak Jakanese run shit.

Rikudo mode is better to me.

Ok Im gonna go in depth smile-big

Raikage is one of the strongest characters of the manga. His weakness? Long range. Naruto has speed probably just like him plus some serious long range tecs in RM. He'll get Bijuu-Rasengan, Chakra arms which is like an unavoidable-tracking missle and he probably has a stronger version of the chakra-roar compared to the ones he did against Sasuke's Katon at VoTE and against Kabuto in three-tails on the bridge. He gets healing and resistance to seals and who knows what else. Sage mode...its not far behind RM in benefits like clones and shit but the speed of RM seems more beneficial.

19. uchiha no senkō Uchiha's Flash

Actually they are, Rasengan is the Bijuu Ball without the Bijuu chakra. From what I saw he added the Kyubi's chakra into the Rasengan in Part 1. The only difference will be the 8:2 Black White chakra giving it a Black color/more power(?) rather than it being Purple.

20. Gabe Murim Grand Master

we have to wait tilll we saw what RM is capable of

21. AKmyWaffle Active Member

RM mode, and the 4th movie sucked dick.

22. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

In other words "I hate everything that pimp up Naruto" 4th movie Rasenshuriken nuke was stronger than full Kyuubi chakra blast in manga :lmao

23. SaVaGe609 Only Sai Fan

Without really analyzing it, I simply prefer Sage Mode. His first sage mode intro still give me the chills and I hate his kyuubi mode's design. Remember how in DBZ when they were all on their way to a fight they would boost a little, and have that yellow flashy aura around them?

24. MCHammerdad Active Member

Rm for offence.

SM for defence.

25. AKmyWaffle Active Member

I didn't get that far. I got up to the part where the princess discovers that the parade is made of puppets and decided that the movie sucked dick. Honestly the endings are always the same, Naruto gets his ass kicked, but than out of nowhere he makes a special rasengan (usually with somebody else) and kills the bad guy with it.

26. Jak N Blak Jakanese run shit.

Well you got that right, lol. There isnt an action scene in that movie worth watching.

27. MCHammerdad Active Member

I was so excited to....

they should do a Itachi Gaiden....

Yea...

28. USSR Not Russian

I think SM suits him best. I believe KM/RM should be used as a last ditch effort OR when you absolutely, positively got to kill EVERY motherfucker in the room. I just find that the possibility of the Kyuubi stealing all of his chakra is quite a danger.

29. RaidenisDead True Entity

:lmao The second page is dedicated to a movie convo.

30. Enclave Mr. Flibble's very cross

They're complimentary.

Rikudo Mode devours chakra but is a great boost in everything.

Sage Mode restores chakra and is a great boost in everything (though not as great as RM)

I've been saying since we learned that RM devours chakra that Naruto will combine the two, use SM's chakra restoring capability to counter the RM's chakra devouring capability and hey he may gain an even greater boost in everything at the same time.

31. wabawaba i did a poo...it was a

only time will tell =D

32. Face :0

RM is clearly the stronger of the two modes. However it's currently incomplete and we have yet to see what it's fully capable of.

33. dungsi27 dung si diet muoi

Personally I prefer Sage Mode but it would be nice if he can combine them.

34. toilet h

35. Gin Ichimaru Active Member

"RM" :giogio:gun

RM = Six Paths Mode :giogio:gun Naruto doesn't have Six Paths :giogio

Call it Kyuubi Mode or something :giogio:gun

Anyway, KM > SM, otherwise he wouldn't need the power-up. Also Kyuubi is one of the strongest beings in the verse. He just needs to practice with it more