1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. We're discussing a possible merge of the Naruto and One Piece avenues into the Akihabara subforum.
    Go here for further info . Feel free to chime in and vote.
  3. Please vote in the cooking contest here!
  4. The signature rules have changed. Please, check them in this thread!
  5. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
    We're not yet aware of the means, but someone is taking over several accounts.
    Change your password as soon as possible, and use this to see how secure it is.
  6. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: here

Don't miss it.
  7. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.

Rules of Konoha Library (Post your feedback and suggestions here!)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Hiroshi, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Gunners .

There are what, three threads in the telegram? Those threads will be moved in a couple of days along with the new threads created.

So far, the section looks pointless. It is looking as though things should be compressed to encourage a continual and consistent flow, as opposed to a minute spike for 3 days a month.

2. Platypus Moderator Moderator

My initial thought was to keep it around at the very least until the manga enters new territory (post-recaps) then judge whether it should stay based on the amount of activity it will get once new content starts coming out. However, with 2-3 movie chapters to go, that's at least another 3-4 months...

Now I'm beginning to think it'd be better to just archive the section for the time being and when we're getting that post-recaps story, then we could consider reinstating the Telegrams.

I might create a separate thread w/ poll about this in the near future.

3. Gunners .

I think that the way forward is bringing the community together. If the activity picks up, you can always create the necessary sections. However at the moment it is clear this section relies on continuous discussion as opposed to variants popping up every 30 minutes.

You're more likely to get a continuous discussion with the type of topics that can be preserved by the discussion of new events e.g. a topic on Naruto and Boruto's relationship as father and son, a theories on why Konoha was destroyed. You can't have that continuation with the telegrams as a replacement will be made to discuss the new content.

Just make it clear when a new chapter is released, advise members to be cautious, and stress the need for spoiler tags (Edits and warnings where appropriate).

4. Zef Well-Known Member

5. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

6. Zef Well-Known Member

7. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

he is spoiler tagging the movie spoilers :gglife

and please don't tell me its for the people who didnt see the movie in the past year plus :gglife

the only people posting here anymore are the hardcore of the hardcore naruto fans since the burrito manga is so retarded :gglife

this is the reverse of the konoha TV section but at least there is an argument to be made that there are people who might not have read the manga even if there is a 99% chance they saw the last, burrito movie and were interested in the manga after seeing those movies.

but here............... what is the excuse? :gglife

8. Zef Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one person who hasn't seen the movie say that they don't want to be spoiled.

This thread would be much better without the restrictions.:catdespair

9. Platypus Moderator Moderator

/threads/did-you-watch-the-boruto-movie-vote.1072213/
    X
    & Vaatu

Tagging movie spoilers in KL and Telegrams is no different from tagging manga spoilers in KTV/HoU and removing latest chapter spoilers in KL. What's so hard about using the [sb][/sb] tags?

10. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

11. Platypus Moderator Moderator

You tag Re Zero spoilers in the anime thread just fine. Don't see the issue tbh.

12. Yagami1211 This title has been overriden by Trombe!

13. Platypus Moderator Moderator

Merged a couple of threads to reduce the amount of section stickies.

Should I sticky the Chapter 5 discussion thread or the Chapter 6 predictions thread? :catthinks

In the meantime, I'm going to request Telegrams to be archived [/threads/should-we-archive-konoha-telegrams.1080737/] and a new [Spoilers] thread prefix to be added. I'll also have to rewrite the section rules, mainly the part about spoilers. Something like:

1. Don't post about the chapter outside of the prediction thread pre-scanlation release (and by that I mean Mangastream's release).
    2. New threads discussing (elements of) the latest chapter should have the [Spoilers] thread prefix until the Monday after scanlation release. (→mods will remove the prefixes on Monday)
    3. In older threads, hide latest chapter spoilers using spoiler- or sb-tags until the Monday after scanlation release.

To be frank though, these rules seem pretty strict/complicated compared to other sections, especially rules 2. and 3. Which begs the question: are people really that concerned about spoilers when they browse the Library, to the point they'd rather not see spoilers until x days after scanlation release?

At this point—after seeing people complain about having to tag movie spoilers or repeatedly spoiling the movie despite numerous warnings, edits and deletes—I'm kinda like 'just let them' when it comes to spoilers, with the exception of rule no. 1 of course.

14. Platypus Moderator Moderator

Thread will remain open for members to leave their feedback and suggestions (see second post)

15. Klue 輪廻

Telegrams is gone, NF is truly dead. :gglife