1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

Rules of Konoha Library (Post your feedback and suggestions here!)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Hiroshi, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Zef Well-Known Member

During the days of the Telegrams, the peak was at the day of release. And the few hours before release when people thought the chapter was coming, or were looking for spoilers.

In between, the activity was minimal to almost nonexistent. There was never a continuous spike in activity throughout the week. Especially when Geg/Dragonus moved the threads to the Library.
    A monthly format won't automatically change the dynamics of peak activity. When spoilers get posted on NF the news reverberates across the fandom to other sites.
    Those hundred or so guest we get when Boruto promos are posted? They aren't from NF. People on other sites are linking back here as the source of info. Activity for a section known to provide spoilers won't be low before release. Even after a month.
    Activity isn't going to be problem as long as a clear date, or estimation of when the next chapter is coming is made known.:catcane

Chapter 1 of Naruto Gaiden got released around this time. :maybe
    Months after the original series ended. The Telegrams didn't have record low activity when spoilers started coming in.
    Remember this?
    http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=53427343&postcount=315

For a few minutes it had the Internet lit.:lmao

Several times my screen went blank in the Telegrams due to so much traffic. And it can happen again even if people have to wait a month. :nod
    I would even argue that waiting increases the anticipation on the release day. Remember everyone had to wait two weeks for chapter two of Gaiden? :p

TL;DR
    There is no benefit of a Telegrams for a monthly series, but there was never a benefit when chapters were on a week by week basis. Now that it's become a part of NF culture I don't see why it must be removed for activity reasons.

---------------------

Addy I share your feelings 100%!!!:catsad I love the Telegrams :cry

Pragmatism is what's hurting NF activity:pek

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  2. Cordelia ded Advisor

As I've implied, if the majority wants to bring the Telegrams back, we will bring it back. There's no rushing to it though. We're still a month away from the manga's release and I'd like to gather as many input in this thread as I can before proceeding through major or structural changes in the section.

3. Zef Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings on this. :catthinks

On one hand I find HOU useless.

But a lot of cancerous, thoughtless, and cringe worthy threads get sent there.

Not sure I want Library contaminated :catdude

And what would happen to the Pairing portion of it?

4. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

yeah, and i get merging the library and telegrams solves that issue but as hussain says:

i think once a month for a few days is reasonable, dont you think?

especially that its monthly. believe it or not, discussion over monthly chapter of manga decreases with time because of how long they take before they come out as people tend to forget about them or learn about the new releases after the hype is gone.

i know this because every manga i follow aside from bleach is monthly.

pairing threads have their own sub anyway.

5. Haruka Katana (Φ ω Φ)つ¤=[]:::::::::::>

HoU is hardly active anyway. Though yeah a lot of bullshit threads are there...

The pairing portion can still be remained but as the sub thread. We dont have to merge everything :catthinks

6. Platypus Moderator

*changed my mind

I commented on this in muh first tl;dr. I'd like to see four main sections:
    • Library: more or less up-to-date with the 'Naruto' franchise: novels, manga, new announcements and all that...
    • KTV: anime (guess this one will have to rely on whether Pierrot/TV Tokyo decide to prolong the anime after finishing Part II material)
    • Battledome: vs matches
    • Fan Stuff / HoU*: all 'fan thingies' basically
    The pairing and fanworks subsections could be moved over to Fan Stuff, together with the Naruto fanclubs currently in Downtown Konoha. And while we're at it, get some people to moderate the pairings subsection.
    _

Edit: Thinking about it some more, I don't think merging the main page HoU with the Library is necessary. It's prolly easier to keep it around in its current form & add the fanclubs & moderate the pairing subsection – give it a face-lift basically. Change the description. Maybe relocate some of the threads to their appropriate places. For instance:

Belong in KTV:
    Worst animated episode ? (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1069150)
    Naruto Shippuden DVD Season sets (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068771)
    Fillers (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1065661)
    "What soundtrack/song...?" Questions Here!! (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=814526)

Belong in Library:
    bigger threat to the world, otsutsuki toneri or uchiha madara? (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1066091)
    coolest looking perfect susanoo in the manga? (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1067727)
    Who was your favourite Hokage and why? (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1064805)

Threads like those shouldn't be contained elsewhere (see: pairing subsection), but properly moderated instead IMO.

That said, there are a ton of 'Your favorite _', 'Top X _' type of threads in the main HoU section which probably belong in a more fan-oriented section rather than in KTV, Library or Battledome. So yeah, think I'd rather have a re-branding of HoU to a more fan-oriented place (fanfic, fanart, pairings, fanclubs, top tens, etc.) instead of a merge with Library.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  7. Zef Well-Known Member

Can the Naruto movie section get the boot? I know the convo thread is where we hang...but the movie section itself is dead. Probably because there's no new movies. :catsmug

It reminds me of the Telegrams. The section was dead but the convo went on. Now both are dead.:gglife

8. Platypus Moderator

[sp]
    [/sp]

9. Haruka Katana (Φ ω Φ)つ¤=[]:::::::::::>

Not the NM convo thread.... :catsad

I love how hidden it is okay!!! :catflip

10. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

11. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

heart misread my intentions and killed the telegrams convo thread :gglife

12. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

It's more like you misinterpreted what had happened when it (http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=54090988&postcount=1852) happened. :catroll

13. Yagami1211 Call Gespenst !

We really should have more people give their opinion, maybe a mass private message or something. I have a feeling some members will react too late and whine after all is said and done.

14. Hussain .

I know for a fact that the dissection will decrease drastically after a few days. Usually when there is even a week without a chapter, everything seems to stop or seem very slow.

I suppose tho, if the manga contain more pages than the weekly chapter, that will help the debates to go a bit more than it used to be with only 17 pages. :hm

15. Cordelia ded Advisor

To clear up the confusion and suspense (and to prevent other threads from getting clogged up because of its discussion ):

That despite the reasonable arguments against the Telegrams' revival and in respect to the majority's preference, for better or for worse, we have decided to bring the section back.

I won't promise any set dates though, but you can definitely expect it to be back before the first Boruto chapter release.

16. animetheory Member

Telegrams should be brought back. Iv'e spoken to two people who have said they would post Boruto manga spoilers in telegrams.

#BRINGBACKTELEGRAMS

Spread the word..

17. Platypus Moderator

Telegrams is coming back soon, alright. :amuse

18. Haruka Katana (Φ ω Φ)つ¤=[]:::::::::::>

bring back telegrams asap :cat

19. Cordelia ded Advisor

It has already been requested. Let's just wait for an administrator to get to it and you'll see it soon.

20. Yagami1211 Call Gespenst !

There are spoilers for chapter one already.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  21. Gunners .

There are what, three threads in the telegram? Those threads will be moved in a couple of days along with the new threads created.

So far, the section looks pointless. It is looking as though things should be compressed to encourage a continual and consistent flow, as opposed to a minute spike for 3 days a month.

22. Platypus Moderator

S-so, do you guys still want Telegrams?

My initial thought was to keep it around at the very least until the manga enters new territory (post-recaps) then judge whether it should stay based on the amount of activity it will get once new content starts coming out. However, with 2-3 movie chapters to go, that's at least another 3-4 months...

Now I'm beginning to think it'd be better to just archive the section for the time being and when we're getting that post-recaps story, then we could consider reinstating the Telegrams.

I might create a separate thread w/ poll about this in the near future.

23. Gunners .

I think that the way forward is bringing the community together. If the activity picks up, you can always create the necessary sections. However at the moment it is clear this section relies on continuous discussion as opposed to variants popping up every 30 minutes.

You're more likely to get a continuous discussion with the type of topics that can be preserved by the discussion of new events e.g. a topic on Naruto and Boruto's relationship as father and son, a theories on why Konoha was destroyed. You can't have that continuation with the telegrams as a replacement will be made to discuss the new content.

Just make it clear when a new chapter is released, advise members to be cautious, and stress the need for spoiler tags (Edits and warnings where appropriate).

24. Zef Well-Known Member

25. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

26. Zef Well-Known Member

27. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

he is spoiler tagging the movie spoilers :gglife

and please don't tell me its for the people who didnt see the movie in the past year plus :gglife

the only people posting here anymore are the hardcore of the hardcore naruto fans since the burrito manga is so retarded :gglife

this is the reverse of the konoha TV section but at least there is an argument to be made that there are people who might not have read the manga even if there is a 99% chance they saw the last, burrito movie and were interested in the manga after seeing those movies.

but here............... what is the excuse? :gglife

28. Zef Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one person who hasn't seen the movie say that they don't want to be spoiled.

This thread would be much better without the restrictions.:catdespair

29. Platypus Moderator

/threads/did-you-watch-the-boruto-movie-vote.1072213/

& Vaatu

Tagging movie spoilers in KL and Telegrams is no different from tagging manga spoilers in KTV/HoU and removing latest chapter spoilers in KL. What's so hard about using the [sb][/sb] tags?

30. Addy itachi is everywhere!!