1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.

Rules of Konoha Library (Post your feedback and suggestions here!)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Hiroshi, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Hiroshi Advisor

Welcome to Konoha Library! This is the place to discuss anything about the Naruto manga series (including Boruto) and novels. The moderators of this section have listed a few things to keep in mind.

:naruto

1. RULES OF CONDUCT

First of all, make sure to read the forum-wide rules (http://www.narutoforums.com/threads/naruto-forums-rules-of-conduct.1079785/) [mirror] (http://forums.hero-academia.com/threads/naruto-forums-rules-of-conduct.1079785/). Do read and follow, or risk having certain privileges revoked (ability to rep, post in certain sections, etc.) or even a temporary/permanent (section) ban. Konoha TV has a very low tolerance towards flaming and/or baiting offences of any kind.​

2. SPOILER RULES:

2.1. In posts/threads:
    • IF THE ENGLISH SCANLATION HASN'T COME OUT YET:
      • Do not post chapter spoilers outside of the dedicated Boruto Chapter Prediction/Discussion and Boruto R/T/S and Spoilers stickies.

• BETWEEN THE SCANLATION RELEASE AND THE OFFICIAL CHAPTER RELEASE DATE*:
      • You may post chapter spoilers in other, already existing threads in the section. But make sure to use spoiler tags or spoiler bars.
        Spoiler: How-To

• You may post new threads that relate to the newest chapter. But make sure to enable the [Spoiler] thread prefix. There's no need to spoiler-tag posts inside threads with the [Spoiler] prefix. These prefixes may be removed by yourself (or by mods) on the official chapter release date.
      * Usually, a chapter is officially released on the Monday after the scanlation came out. For further information, read the F.A.Q. bit in the opening post of the Boruto Chapter Discussion/Prediction sticky.
    2.2. In avatars: Avatars can't be disabled, unlike signatures, so try to keep your avatars spoiler-free in the days following the release of a new chapter.

2.3. In signatures: We will tolerate signature spoilers since signatures can be disabled in your account's Preferences (http://www.narutoforums.com/account/preferences) [mirror] (http://forums.hero-academia.com/account/preferences).​

3. OTHER NARUTO SECTIONS

Take note of the other Naruto Avenue sections (under 'Naruto Avenue' on the forum's front page). If your thread isn't manga or novel related, then consider posting it in one of these sections:

Konoha Translations: (http://www.narutoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83) This subsection of Konoha Library is where individuals can post or request translation releases.
    This section also has:
    • A Directory for Translations of Interviews (threads/1046422)
    • A Directory for Translations of Naruto Novels (threads/1058900)
    • Multiple Databook Collection threads (see stickies)
    • Multiple Past Naruto or Boruto Spoiler collection threads (see stickies)

House of Uzumaki: (http://www.narutoforums.com/forums/house-of-uzumaki.168/) General Naruto discussion goes here. Feel free to post and/or discuss fanworks here as well (using the [Fanworks] prefix). This section also includes:
    ⚠ Pairing talk belongs in the Pairing Nerds "United" subsection!

Konoha TV: (http://www.narutoforums.com/forums/konoha-tv.8/) Come here to talk about the Japanese Naruto (Shippuden) anime and movies, including Boruto and The Last.

Naruto Battledome: (http://www.narutoforums.com/forums/naruto-battledome.320/) Come here to discuss match-ups between Naruto characters.

Naruto Fanclubs (Downtown Konoha): (http://www.narutoforums.com/forums/fanclubs.32/) Go here to join one of our many fan clubs.​

Don't hesitate to use the Report button if you think someone is in violation of the forum-wide or section-specific rules (including spoilers). Feel free to contact us via Conversations or profile posts.

Thank you for reading. Enjoy.

—The KL team:
    @heartsutra, @Naruko, @Platypus, @VolatileSoul

R.I.P: Konoha Library Archives 1 (http://www.narutoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9), Konoha Library Archives 2 (http://www.narutoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386), Konoha Telegrams (http://www.narutoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133). <3

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2016
  2. Cordelia Memory Hoarder Advisor

- Feedback for Konoha Library and Naruto Translations -​

It has been quite a while since we had an open discussion with the rest of the community regarding the section and the direction it is heading. I guess this should have been brought up right after the manga ended in '14, but never got around to it and it kept getting placed on the back burner - I do apologize for the long overdue.

Nonetheless, the Naruto Avenue staff is still interested about your thoughts regarding the section, overall. Your feedback and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Basically, this is something that would help us identify what we need to work on/modify/adjust/change/etc...We will try to act upon them as necessary.

If there's anything you guys want to comment on that is relevant to the section (rules/policies, activity, moderation, etc), please post them all here. Likewise, if you guys have any ideas that will benefit or improve the section (project ideas, promoting/advertising the section, and the like), don't hesitate to share them here.

Guide questions: What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of the section right now? How do you feel about the section's moderation? What do you think could help improve the activity and general state of the section? Please add more comments and/or suggestions that you feel are relevant, but are not covered by these questions.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  3. Gunners .

I guess you're asking these questions so that you can prepare for the new series.

In general, I'd say that that the place is an inactive now. With that in mind, I feel that a different approach should have been taken towards taboo topics (pairings and vs matches). I appreciate that there are sections for that kind of crap but I feel the consideration should be given to what is getting people to actually use this section.

When new chapters are produced on a weekly or monthly basis, it makes more sense to prune and redirect as it gets in the way of people discussing recent info and what not. When there's nothing to discuss, it seemed a bit silly cutting out the one talking point that remained.

The weakness is that there's nothing to discuss. A strength is that most of the members in this section are easygoing.

What should be done really depends on the popularity of the new series. If doesn't spark a lot of activity, many of the subsections should be merged: Anime, Art, Library (Battledome and Translation within library).

4. Cordelia Memory Hoarder Advisor

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, we would like you guys to be involved in the post- Naruto manga transitioning of the section as well as to prepare for the new series.

It is true that the activity now is nothing compared to what it has been in this section's prime and discussing taboo topics, as you say, could very well be beneficial in boosting the activity. The problem is the kind of activity that such will elicit. The reason why we decided to isolate pairing topics in one section is to prevent unrest among fanbases in this section since it is notorious for being the cause of bicker amongst said fans and anti-fans, as well as annoyance to those who do not wish to be involved. And I would rather they remain in that one part of the forum.

Then again, that is just my personal opinion regarding the issue and I will be sure to bring it up for consideration with the rest of the staff. Thank you again!

5. Gunners .

I can understand where you're coming from, but diminished number of active users would erase some of the petty bickering. It is difficult for me to explain: I think that when there were a lot of users, people could afford to quarrel over petty stuff because the common ground they shared was almost irrelevant. With a diminished user base, the shared enjoyment/fondness for the actual series would matter more.

I think ultimately, some of the sections will need to be merged. Looking at the history of this area and other sections with different materials, activity spikes when new material is released. When Naruto was at its peak, the section diminished in activity several days after a release but it bounced back again because of the frequent releases.

It's likely that Boruto won't be as popular as Naruto and it is released every month. To that end, I think the section would only have moderate activity for a few days of the month.

6. PikaCheeka wants to believe

Idle question but will the Telegrams be making a return for the Boruto manga?

7. Gunners .

To be blunt, I think the telegram sections set all of the sections on the wrong path. There was a greater sense of continuity... 10 years ago. The better threads would last longer because people could discuss new information.

The telegrams resulted in people rushing to create x topics, many repeats, a mess when the threads were dumped in the library, and inactivity in the build up to the new chapter.

I think the telegrams spoiled the nature of the sections for weekly series, and I think it would be pointless for a monthly series.

8. Cordelia Memory Hoarder Advisor

Potential merging of HoU and KL has been brought up among the NA staff after the Naruto manga ended. Although most of us felt that it was not yet necessary at that time since both sections were still enjoying a considerable amount of activity. It may be different now obviously and that is why we'd like to hear about the rest of the community's thoughts about that possibility (too).

We're not yet sure about this. It was also brought up for a brief discussion right after the announcement of the Boruto manga. Our initial thoughts were that it may not be necessary to bring it back for a monthly series. However, if the majority of the posters would like to bring it back, then I suppose it can be reconsidered.

9. Lemongrab Well-Known Member

When we had a weekly series the threads in the Telegrams got moved to the Library after a week.

I don't see why a monthly series makes the Telegrams unnecessary when it wasn't particularly necessary before?:hmm

10. Cordelia Memory Hoarder Advisor

The section was there to initially contain threads during weekly chapter releases to prevent spoilers. Lots of threads were being made, discussions were moving fast, and a lot of members don't read the chapter right away/as soon as it comes out. So the section was necessary in that regard. (A better explanation about the Telegrams' purpose can be explained by a more senior member/moderator though).

Same can't be said about the upcoming manga, which may not share the same support that the parent one had and considering the state of the section now.

11. Indra Well-Known Member

I pretty much agree with Gunners.

12. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

What do people feel about the development of mega threads such as this (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1058706) one in the section?

13. Platypus Well-Known Member

[justify]I think it'd be nice to see the return of character popularity polls sometime in the future, when this place (hopefully) becomes more active as a result of the new serialization. More community-driven stuff in general would be cool, e.g. the aforementioned polls, contests (banner, ava&sig, best thread/poster), watchalongs, etc. I wouldn't mind creating/hosting some of these.

As for Telegrams: bury it deep so it stays ded pls. :caticon

But seriously, I don't expect we'll need a separate subsection to split activity when chapters are going to release every month instead of every week. That's 4 or 5 weeks between every chapter release. Doubt there will be much of the initial post-release activity left by the end of every month.

If necessary, staff could add a [New chapter] or [Spoilers] thread prefix to warn people of potential 'latest chapter' spoilers, on top of a rule that prevents people from making thread titles with (big) spoilers in them right after release. Which in turn could make it pretty difficult to make a thread title, hm… Another downside being that mods would have to manually remove the prefixes some time after the newest chapter release (or add in case OP initially forgot).

Speaking of thread prefixes, I recently discovered we have one for the novels now. That said, none of the novel threads have said prefix as far as I'm aware. Shouldn't that get fixed? Other than that, add moar prefixes.

I'm pro merging HoU and KL to be honest. The former has become inactive to the point I don't really see a reason as to why we can't just have those threads in either the Anime, Movies or Manga/Novels (sub)sections. It's not unusual to see that an active KL thread is moved to the HoU section (because reasons…), then dies right afterwards due to a lack of activity in the section as a whole. People not using thread subscriptions I figure, SMH.

My suggestion pertaining to the Avenue as a whole: have four major, separate sections. 'Separate' as in: they don't overlap each other like the current HoU seemingly does.
    • A Library section:

Manga series, one-shots and the latest movies, including novels cos most of 'em take place after part II and would spoil the manga ending. Basically: posters want to be more or less up-to-date on the franchise for this one.

Replace/Merge the Library Convo with the HoU Convo. The former is pretty much dead anyway, aside from relocated posts.

Keep the Translations in its current state, maybe tidy it up a little if need be. Edit: The current description says, "Freelance translation and scanlation groups or individuals can exhibit their releases here. (This is not for chapter discussion; keep that in Konoha Telegrams.)" Perhaps change that to better reflect the subsection considering too many people seem unaware that there's a whole place dedicated to manga, databook, novel and interview translations.

It'd be neat to have a (sub)section like this (http://www.bleachasylum.com/forumdisplay.php?73-Bleach-Data-amp-Information&) solely dedicated to providing information about/from the Naruto franchise. This, however, would take loads of work.

• An Anime section:

For the sake of anime-only people (however few there are still left), who aren't up-to-date with the latest Naruto developments. Keep the current no-spoilers rule in place but have a thread where people can talk about manga spoilers without having their posts deleted. The schedule thread seems a good candidate given that the episode titles and summaries are spoilers of themselves.

Not sure about the Dub section. Do dub-only people even exist?

As for the NM subsection, hrm, I wouldn't mind if it gets merged with the Library considering it's pretty much dead aside from the Convo. Also considering there hasn't been any fuss around Naruto movies as of late, no announcements either. Relocate the NM Convo to KTV so (1) KTV will have a convo thread of its own and (2) the NM Convo won't be as isolated from the rest of the forums as it currently is, maybe a few extra souls will join as a result. Edit: relocating the convo to KTV might not be such a good idea in hindsight due to spoilers.

• A Battledome section:

Simply because NBD is currently pretty active (still) and seemingly the most active Naruto section by a pretty large margin atm. I'm pretty sure it'll continue to be able to sustain itself as a major section for the time being.

• A Fandoms section:

A fourth major section for all fan thingies. Would consist of the current HoU Fanworks subsection, the pairing subsection and – perhaps most important – the Naruto fanclubs currently in Downtown Konoha.
    …off the top of my head. I might add to or adjust some of these in the near future.

Speaking of the pairing subsection: have it modded. Making a subsection solely to contain all that anger™ and hatred™ was a bad idea.

I'm fine with those so long as posters stay on-topic. Off-topic being: talk about established pairings, Naruto vs. Sasuke dick-measuring contests, you know the kind... However, in this case it might have been better if the thread were to be split in (1) a thread about the monthly B:NNG series and (2) another for the Mitsuki one-shot. Meh.

IIRC you once said you'd rather have multiple threads dedicated to one (sub)topic each instead of these 'superthreads' in which people simultaneously converse about all kinds of subjects surrounding whatever the main topic of the thread is, am I right? Think you brought that up during the Boruto movie days.

I guess I like superthreads simply because they feel less restricted in terms of what you can post about. When the thread isn't restricted to merely one conversation topic, it makes for easier posting. There's always something to talk about in them, whereas a regular thread often runs out of fuel soon after its creation and the initial responses – at least, that's how I feel…[/justify]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  14. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

I second both of these excellent suggestions!! :thumbs

15. Mider T VM Rapist

16. Yagami1211 Dragon Of Dojima

We need it.

Other than that, I'm fine with how the section is.

17. Cordelia Memory Hoarder Advisor

Platypus, those are really interesting suggestions! One of the staff members has actually brought up the idea of moving the different anime fanclubs to their respective avenues before, but that hasn't been discussed to length yet and the discussion about the forum restructuring may need more time to get wrap up. I will make sure that it will be revisited once we tread back to that topic in the HR.

All other suggestions will also be considered and discussed. Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  18. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

If you (a general 'you') are interested in hosting complex community events (contests and watchalongs in your example), it's always a good idea to have the section staff and their mod jutsu at your side for support. So my tip is to poke staff well ahead in time to allow time for discussion. I think one week ahead is minimum but depending on what you want to do, you might want to start earlier. You can involve staff right from the start if you need help planning, too. tl;dr — the earlier you get in touch with staff, the higher the effectiveness with which they can assist you imo.

Oops. Tempted to request powers back so I can fix this.

To me the Naruto Movies Subsection doesn't exist for activity alone and is more of a containment section. I wasn't around during its creation it's pretty obvious that it was meant to keep KTV/the anime sections free of (movie) spoilers.

If it really had to go, I'd be more in favor of archiving it to maintain its form. I'm against merging it with anything. All in all I think letting go of the NM subsection would result in greater loss than just keeping it.

tl;dr imo keeping NM subsection > archiving NM subsection > merging

Moving the NM convo to the KTV is tricky because the NM convo in its current form is not exactly a spoiler-free zone. I also find myself wondering if KTV needs a convo at all. :headscrat

__

Care to elaborate why you think it was a bad idea?
    What do you hope to achieve by having it modded?

__

Tru and tru.

Not all topics that are touched upon in a mega thread warrant their own thread and if a topic in a mega thread has enough potential, I'd always prefer it if a separate discussion thread for that topic is made.

You could say that I have a hate-love relationship with mega threads. I see value in having a big thread dedicated to one big topic and having all relevant discussion happening in there. If there wouldn't be enough activity to warrant separate threads, one mega thread is the way to go (see Aki District threads dedicated to whole series). However, my favoring of mega threads lessens rapidly as soon as it starts to become frustrating to keep track of — and I don't mean from a modding perspective.

My main gripe with mega threads is that they are hard to overlook and become similar to convo threads quickly. Meaning there is lots of spam and double posting going on. Keeping track and staying on top of convoluted mega threads that move at 5cm/s is hard not only for mods but also for members and useful information is bound to get lost in that convoluted sea of sadness of spam and off-topicness if the active mega thread goes unmoderated for even a short time.

That said, I think a solution where all sides can be kept fairly happy can be found. The key is ultimately to maintain a good balance and mindful action. I've tried to track useful posts by editing the OP with the date on which the news were posted and linking back to them while I was still listed in the KL.

That was inspired by an older system, that was implemented to accommodate varying needs; the combo of thread for collection of spoilers and news + thread for predictions and discussion. It's basically that system but in one thread.

Thank you for your feedback and profound suggestions, Plats.

19. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

You didn't ask this of me, but as I am active in pairing debates, I'll throw in my two cents on the matter of the Pairing Section.

As I see it, all but the barest of rules were tossed out for the entertainment value that nasty, bickering, name calling conduct provided to some in the forums. It basically gave a green light to bad behavior which only encouraged bad feelings between posters and destroyed most chances at good debate/discussion. Even the titles given to the Pairing Section have been mockery indicating that the thread and those who participate in it are nothing but a joke for some to laugh at. I take liberty with that and find it personally insulting.

If you look back at the Pairing threads prior to the dropping of Mods and rules of reason, there were many good debates without unnecessary rancor or personal attacks. Those who were just looking to disrupt discussion with personal agendas or to crudely attack other views and those who held them were forced to behave in a civil manner or be subject to consequences. It made for a far better atmosphere for enjoyable serious debate. Why not encourage people to be the best they can be rather than appeal to their baser natures for someone's cheap laugh?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  20. Lemongrab Well-Known Member

Activity seems to boom whenever there are spoilers/new information.:hmm
    At least that's what I've witnessed from Naruto Gaiden, Naruto Hokage inauguration, and that Boruto SD special.

NF is usually the site everyone comes to for spoilers so I wouldn't worry about traffic issues.

21. Yagami1211 Dragon Of Dojima

There is gonna be traffic here. I wouldn't worry about that.
    We have translators and everything here. Remember the traffic for chapter 699/700

22. Platypus Well-Known Member

[sp]That's not the issue here, dawg. The point is that by the time a new chapter releases (once every month) activity in the Library will have probably dwindled to pretty low levels. I'm talking more or less current Library levels of activity/traffic. Whereas in the past (weekly chapters), there would be quite some activity left from last chapter still, enough to warrant the existence of Telegrams to split the 'new chapter release' traffic from the 'general Library & previous chapter(s)' traffic.

Imagine two graphs: one for weekly and another for monthly releases. In the days leading up to and after the release of a new chapter there will be a peak in traffic for the section. In case of weekly releases, those peaks will overlap each other, while in the case of monthly chapters those peaks most likely won't overlap at all simply due to the relatively large time gap between every new chapter.

The issue isn't whether there will be enough activity around the time of a chapter release (at least, I hope it won't be), but rather whether that activity will remain at a high point throughout the whole month leading up to the next chapter. You think that by the end of a month, activity will be as high as it was on a random day during the Naruto and Naruto Gaiden serialization? I think not.

That aside, let's not fool ourselves into thinking that this section will become as active as it was in the days of Naruto manga. This thread (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1058706) hasn't attracted nearly as much traffic as past prediction threads and more notably the Boruto movie discussion 'superthread' (already had multiple parts a month before premiere).[/sp]

I'll try keep that in mind. Not that I'm planning on doing events in the near, near future, not until this place regains at least some of its former traffic.

I see.

My little bugbear is more with how threads get relocated from the Library to dead places. People simply don't visit NM anymore because they don't have a reason to – the movies are passé. (Unless they're us. lol) So when a thread is moved to that subsection it'll pretty much disappear out of sight unless you happen to use thread subscriptions. Archiving the subsection (temporarily, depends on what the future holds) and letting new threads about the movies stay in the Library would be the best solution IMO. Hadn't even considered that option prior to your response.

Still doesn't resolve the issue with NM Convo. I had originally envisioned to make it so that every main section has its own convo thread with the exception of the 'fan things' section, because the various fanclubs would fulfill that role of themselves. To me it kinda makes sense to move the NM Convo to the Library, but then what of the HoU Convo? Hm…

Hm, now that you mention it. In hindsight, I think it would've made more sense to have three threads instead of one or two:
    • A 'Boruto: Naruto New Generation' discussion thread;
    • A 'Mitsuki one-shot by Kishimoto' discussion thread;
    • A third thread for announcements, promo material and translations. Basically a good ol' spoiler thread.
    w/ links to the two other threads in every opening post.

Because keeping track of new data and info has got to be pretty hard as one of few mods and in a thread that moves at a pretty high rate. At least regular members can add their translations, scans etc. by themselves in the case of data&info threads. I can imagine that it's easier to moderate multiple threads as opposed to one superthread.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  23. Cordelia Memory Hoarder Advisor

24. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

Combine 'em all in a mixing bowl to bake the Ultimate Super Delicious Convo Bread!

25. Yagami1211 Dragon Of Dojima

And put that in de Telegrams ! How are we supposed to prevent people from getting spoiled by thread titles ?
    I'm not posting spoiler translations in the library.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  26. Majin Lu Dark Magician Girl

Bring back Telegrams, please. :tomacry At least, give it a chance.

27. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

reopen the telegrams instead of merging it with the library.

i will be lying if there is any benefits to this, but why is this forum concerned about pragmatism all of a sudden?.

will merging solve the spoiler problem of discussing naruto outside of the telegrams inside the library? yes, but that is not the point.

we will gather one time a month to celebrate one chapter for a few days before it goes into the library. it's not weakly, so the amount of stress and work for the mods is no where near as much.

it's like the naruto TV section spoiler rule. an entire new section was made because of the movies just for people who supposdly only watch the anime but i have yet to see one of them in god knows how many years even post there. yet, they get a section dedicated for them but the old people who go on this forum semi daily or weekly dont?.

the telegrams is not about spoilers, it's not about pragmatism. it's a tradition that many people here who want to continue on this forum discussing naruto. is it really that wrong to enjoy that?. people from the telegrams convo thread were conditioned to move to another place and it still feels wrong as hell even though i post there a lot.

say what you want about the bleach telegrams but i love going there each week. do you know why? because of the telegrams. i love seeing the edits, the theories, the bitching, and the reactions all in one place as the threads pile on one another. it gives me this nostalgia that i always felt with the naruto telegrams.

instead of thinking of pragmatism, why not think of how to make the experience enjoyably for people who want to enjoy the narutforums as we always did?.

if not, ok but i dont have any investment in the library as i barley post here anymore. maybe one thread several months. i will just post in the convo thread in the movie section and discuss it there. the library is cramped with too much crap fro me to sort the threads related to the newest chapter.

we are not machines or employees in a company or citizens in a government. i would like to think that we are a family here and that telegrams is that monthly reunion for all of us to laugh, bitch and moan for approximately 4 days a month maximum. the manga has been over for 2 years, and the gaiden was complete shit but everyone enjoyed their time in the telegrams.

let us all enjoy that once again, please. it's all we have left to really enjoy and look forward to together on this forum. no need to let it die because "this is more pragmatic" like a white and black issue with the users having almost 0 input on it.

28. Yagami1211 Dragon Of Dojima

Remember when you could get banned for posting spoilers from the new chapter outside the telegrams ?

29. Hussain .

I am with bringing the telegrams back, mainly for nostalgia tho. :hm

30. Haruka Katana Catstabber

Too many TLDRs but I agree with Platypus.

Merge the Library and HoU because I find HoU rather irrelevant (sorry HoU fans).

31. Lemongrab Well-Known Member

During the days of the Telegrams, the peak was at the day of release. And the few hours before release when people thought the chapter was coming, or were looking for spoilers.

In between, the activity was minimal to almost nonexistent. There was never a continuous spike in activity throughout the week. Especially when Geg/Dragonus moved the threads to the Library.
    A monthly format won't automatically change the dynamics of peak activity. When spoilers get posted on NF the news reverberates across the fandom to other sites.
    Those hundred or so guest we get when Boruto promos are posted? They aren't from NF. People on other sites are linking back here as the source of info. Activity for a section known to provide spoilers won't be low before release. Even after a month.
    Activity isn't going to be problem as long as a clear date, or estimation of when the next chapter is coming is made known.:catcane

Chapter 1 of Naruto Gaiden got released around this time. :maybe
    Months after the original series ended. The Telegrams didn't have record low activity when spoilers started coming in.
    Remember this?
    http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=53427343&postcount=315

For a few minutes it had the Internet lit.:lmao

Several times my screen went blank in the Telegrams due to so much traffic. And it can happen again even if people have to wait a month. :nod
    I would even argue that waiting increases the anticipation on the release day. Remember everyone had to wait two weeks for chapter two of Gaiden? :p

TL;DR
    There is no benefit of a Telegrams for a monthly series, but there was never a benefit when chapters were on a week by week basis. Now that it's become a part of NF culture I don't see why it must be removed for activity reasons.

---------------------

Addy I share your feelings 100%!!!:catsad I love the Telegrams :cry

Pragmatism is what's hurting NF activity:pek

32. Cordelia Memory Hoarder Advisor

As I've implied, if the majority wants to bring the Telegrams back, we will bring it back. There's no rushing to it though. We're still a month away from the manga's release and I'd like to gather as many input in this thread as I can before proceeding through major or structural changes in the section.

33. Lemongrab Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings on this. :catthinks

On one hand I find HOU useless.

But a lot of cancerous, thoughtless, and cringe worthy threads get sent there.

Not sure I want Library contaminated :catdude

And what would happen to the Pairing portion of it?

34. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

yeah, and i get merging the library and telegrams solves that issue but as hussain says:

i think once a month for a few days is reasonable, dont you think?

especially that its monthly. believe it or not, discussion over monthly chapter of manga decreases with time because of how long they take before they come out as people tend to forget about them or learn about the new releases after the hype is gone.

i know this because every manga i follow aside from bleach is monthly.

pairing threads have their own sub anyway.

35. Haruka Katana Catstabber

HoU is hardly active anyway. Though yeah a lot of bullshit threads are there...

The pairing portion can still be remained but as the sub thread. We dont have to merge everything :catthinks

36. Platypus Well-Known Member

I commented on this in muh first tl;dr. I'd like to see four main sections:
    • Library: more or less up-to-date with the 'Naruto' franchise: novels, manga, new announcements and all that...
    • KTV: anime (guess this one will have to rely on whether Pierrot/TV Tokyo decide to prolong the anime after finishing Part II material)
    • Battledome: vs matches
    • Fan Stuff / HoU*: all 'fan thingies' basically
    The pairing and fanworks subsections could be moved over to Fan Stuff, together with the Naruto fanclubs currently in Downtown Konoha. And while we're at it, get some people to moderate the pairings subsection.
    _

Edit: Thinking about it some more, I don't think merging the main page HoU with the Library is necessary. It's prolly easier to keep it around in its current form & add the fanclubs & moderate the pairing subsection – give it a face-lift basically. Change the description. Maybe relocate some of the threads to their appropriate places. For instance:

Belong in KTV:
    Worst animated episode ? (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1069150)
    Naruto Shippuden DVD Season sets (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068771)
    Fillers (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1065661)
    "What soundtrack/song...?" Questions Here!! (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=814526)

Belong in Library:
    bigger threat to the world, otsutsuki toneri or uchiha madara? (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1066091)
    coolest looking perfect susanoo in the manga? (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1067727)
    Who was your favourite Hokage and why? (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1064805)

Threads like those shouldn't be contained elsewhere (see: pairing subsection), but properly moderated instead IMO.

That said, there are a ton of 'Your favorite _', 'Top X _' type of threads in the main HoU section which probably belong in a more fan-oriented section rather than in KTV, Library or Battledome. So yeah, think I'd rather have a re-branding of HoU to a more fan-oriented place (fanfic, fanart, pairings, fanclubs, top tens, etc.) instead of a merge with Library.

37. Lemongrab Well-Known Member

Can the Naruto movie section get the boot? I know the convo thread is where we hang...but the movie section itself is dead. Probably because there's no new movies. :catsmug

It reminds me of the Telegrams. The section was dead but the convo went on. Now both are dead.:gglife

38. Platypus Well-Known Member

[/sp]

39. Haruka Katana Catstabber

I love how hidden it is okay!!! :catflip

40. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

41. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

heart misread my intentions and killed the telegrams convo thread :gglife

42. heartsutra a distant memory Advisor

It's more like you misinterpreted what had happened when it (http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=54090988&postcount=1852) happened. :catroll

43. Yagami1211 Dragon Of Dojima

We really should have more people give their opinion, maybe a mass private message or something. I have a feeling some members will react too late and whine after all is said and done.

44. Hussain .

I know for a fact that the dissection will decrease drastically after a few days. Usually when there is even a week without a chapter, everything seems to stop or seem very slow.

I suppose tho, if the manga contain more pages than the weekly chapter, that will help the debates to go a bit more than it used to be with only 17 pages. :hm

45. Cordelia Memory Hoarder Advisor

To clear up the confusion and suspense (and to prevent other threads from getting clogged up because of its discussion ):

That despite the reasonable arguments against the Telegrams' revival and in respect to the majority's preference, for better or for worse, we have decided to bring the section back.

I won't promise any set dates though, but you can definitely expect it to be back before the first Boruto chapter release.

46. animetheory Member

Telegrams should be brought back. Iv'e spoken to two people who have said they would post Boruto manga spoilers in telegrams.

#BRINGBACKTELEGRAMS

Spread the word..

47. Platypus Well-Known Member

Telegrams is coming back soon, alright. :amuse

48. Haruka Katana Catstabber

49. Cordelia Memory Hoarder Advisor

It has already been requested. Let's just wait for an administrator to get to it and you'll see it soon.

50. Yagami1211 Dragon Of Dojima

There are spoilers for chapter one already.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016