1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Rinne no Lagrange - Flower declaration of your heart (TV)

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by OniTasku, Aug 12, 2011.

1. OniTasku [Weeabro for life] Advisor

X

Official site: X

Original Story/Production Cooperation: Production I.G
    Executive Director: Sato Tatsuo
    Director: Suzuki Toshimasa
    Series Composition: Suga Shoutarou
    Scenario: Morita Shigeru, Nomura Yuuichi, Oonogi Hiroshi, Machida Touko, Umehara Eiji
    Original Character Design: Morisawa Haruyuki
    Animation Character Design: Norita Takushige, Kobayashi Chizuru
    Animation Production: XEBEC
    Air Date: 2012

Thanks to Random Member and Suzuku for Staff/Synopsis information.
    -----

If anyone wants to try translating what is on either the official site, or the X, you're more than welcome.

Edit1: Rumor just popped up that this is a possible Production I.G anime since Producer Nao Hirasawa (Eden of the East, Tales of Vesperia) retweeted the announcement of it just now.

2. Suzuku Well-Known Member

According to that teaser site, the full site opens next week on August 19th.

3. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Staff.

Original Story: X
    Animation Production: X
    Chief Director: X
    Series Director: X

4. Suzuku Well-Known Member

Summary and full staff listing is out.

X

Translation:

-The setting of the story is Kamogawa in Chiba Prefacture
    -Main protagonist's name is Kyouno(?) Madoka.
    -Madoka is a high school student. Her hometown is Kamogawa and she loves the sea there.
    -"If you ever have trouble, we'll help you out no matter what". That's the slogan of the Kamogawa Women's Jersey Club, which Madoka is the only member of.
    -However, an energetic beautiful girl and a mysterious transfer student join the club, and thus there are now 3 members.
    -It will be interesting to see what kind of story this will become from here.

Staff:
    -Original Story/Production Cooperation: Production I.G
    -Executive Director: Sato Tatsuo
    -Director: Suzuki Toshimasa
    -Series Composition: Suga Shoutarou
    -Scenario: Morita Shigeru, Nomura Yuuichi, Oonogi Hiroshi, Machida Touko, Umehara Eiji
    -Original Character Design: Morisawa Haruyuki
    -Animation Character Design: Norita Takushige, Kobayashi Chizuru
    -Animation Production: XEBEC
    -Air Date: 2012

I wasn't sure about the Kanji reading for Madoka's family name. Here's the original Kanji 京乃. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And this sounds very noitaminA-ish. This is also around the time they announce the new series (about a month before the series that proceed them air). If my hunch is correct and this is noitaminA, then the fact that only one has been announced means that either Guilty Crown or UN-GO are indeed 2-cour. The fact that Production I.G are not doing the animation production themselves could point towards Guilty Crown.

EDIT: After looking into the scenario writers, it's defiintely an interesting crop. Morita, Nomura, and Oonagi all worked on Gundam Seed's scenario, and all three of them have a wide breadth of experience. I'm excited to see what they create under Suga's supervision.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  5. Suzuku Well-Known Member

The cast has been announced, but more importantly, the character designs look sci-fi-ish...

X

Doesn't seem like this will strictly be a slice of life anime after all...

6. Shirker Chooses Dancer Class

Woah, those character designs surprised me quite a bit.

7. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

8. Muk Let's play a game, Ophelia

soooo seems kinda like

i think it was called 'deep blue' or something like that

except the age category for the character is a little older than that anime xD

9. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

Well, holy shit. I honestly thought this was a slice of life anime, that is, until I saw the robots.

10. Kurokami Medaka Sans Lingua Franca

Anime slated to air January 8th.

X

11. Kira U. Masaki Crown Prince of Jurai, ABH

ever time I see something mentioned about this show I get excited thinking its about Takahashi's Rinne and then see that its this show and am disappoint

12. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

13. reaperunique I3

This looks interesting.

14. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

LOL So I wasn't the only one..

Though I'm really liking the art and animation, AND THE MUSIC :wtf In both of the PVs. Checking this one out.

15. Judge Fudge Delicious

Looks pretty cool. Can't wait

16. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Preairing has been released but the quality apparently isn't that good (heck, I would have been okay if it was the standard SD release, but it isn't even up to that level). I'll wait for the official airing.

X

17. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

18. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a Retired Smod

It feels fresh, I like it. Ack, yes, the quality isn't all that but since I'm looking for something to watch I went at it anyway. A bit surprised by the shots of panty areas but I'll get use to it. :p I like the looks and feel of the series already. It makes me think of the way Shaft pan and have particular angles from time to time.

A bit of the girl-meets-girl in this, eh? I'm not sure what to think of the lead though. Currently she seems too chipper but I imagine there might be some troubles later on down the line. Especially when we learn about the other side. Loved how it ended though, she could grow on me. Perhaps I'll rewatch the first when it starts airing for real.

19. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

I don't know what to say about the first episode. It's not bad, it's not good, but it just didn't get my interest. I'm giving it a few more since I want to invest time for this show since it is mecha.

20. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

21. Inuhanyou Ever Cry, Never Life.

Why are there so many boring as feck slice of life's coming out :hurr

22. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

X

Edit:

I really enjoyed the first episode. From the animation to the main character Kyouno, you couldn't have asked for more. And Kyouno had a pretty impressive albeit simplistic first battle .

23. Judge Fudge Delicious

As far as robot anime go, this had a surprisingly solid first episode.

24. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

That german suplex kind of won me over. Madoka too. She seems like a fun character already but I just hope her apparently being good at just about almost everything doesn't become an annoyance.

25. Blastrix Active Member

Annoying main character gets legendary robot to battle robots from space? meh. There was not a single character I even remotely liked in this episode. Not really a fan of fanservice or robotfights for the sake of kewl either. I found the episode weak. It'll hopefully get better once the story is introduced.

Maybe the main character will grow on me as well. I didnt initially like Ohana from Hanasaku Iroha, for the same reasons as I dislike Madoka, but she grew on me through the run.

26. Kyousuke kosaka.

Pretty good first impressions so far. Didn't have really high expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked the animation as well as the main character Kyouno. She's a fun character, and isn't one that really would end up annoying me in the long run.

27. Kurokami Medaka Sans Lingua Franca

Madoka is a fun character to like, breaths some fresh air into everything. The visuals look great and the story seems like it'll be entertaining at the least. Dat suplex at the end.:datass

Edit: Seems like theres going to be a season season in July so thats pretty cool.

28. Kyousuke kosaka.

Second season in July? :hmm

Skipping a season like Fate/Zero only probably not at the same caliber.

29. Gallant Active Member

Madoka wasn't too bad of a character. A bit too happy go lucky but not to the point it pisses me off and I am screaming for her to grow a brain.

I think it was a solid first episode. I'm certainly not going to complain about the mild bits of fan service and robot fights that end with a German Suplex.

I'm going to guess her mom was obviously a robot pilot and her cousin has been doing her best to keep her from following her mom's path or something like that.

30. Blastrix Active Member

Seems like I was the only one who didnt really like the episode ;33 I just didnt think it offered anything new. Though it is still too early to judge it

31. Kurokami Medaka Sans Lingua Franca

Yeah, I haven't looked into the reasoning but I'm guessing its the same as fate/zero. So the quality doesn't take a hit.

32. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

X

Hopefully this means Underwater and Commie should have their releases out sometime today.

33. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

34. reaperunique I3

That was yet another great episode. Really liking this.

We got to see the other main girl and her cousin finally got to talk to her and immediately talk some sense into her.

I'm guessing the blue haired girl has some issues regarding her place and what she can and cannot do.

35. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

While I enjoyed this episode I wonder when I'll start to get tired of her catch phrase and pose? :maybe

And I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was surprised she got a cell phone signal within the Vox, especially after she couldn't get one inside the base :lmao

What didn't come as a surprise was seeing her sister spur her on in piloting the robot.
    I found a bit of humor in the meeting with Muginami and Madoka. Muginami certainly gives off a ditz vibe. I'm guessing there's a bit more to her personality than just that but I guess we'll find out whether that's the case later on.

36. Blastrix Active Member

I had a problem with our main's motivation for doing this. The whole "I wont let the people that depends on me down" didnt really work for me, so I was glad when the cousin adressed this too.

Some characters started to grow on me this ep. I've also become interested in these "enemies" and why they are such a threat to the world. The show still needs some plot-explanation though, cause these robotfights really arent that interesting to me, when I dont know the reason behind them.

37. Lord Yu Banned

I can see where you're coming from Blastrix the lack of context is a little annoying. Though, I admit it's been an effective dangling carrot. I'm enjoying this series so far but I could use some more grounding in the world.

38. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

I heard there's a prequel manga and tidbits about it. If it was trusted info then I think the character relationships will get a lot more interesting once the show starts making more ground on world-building.

39. Blastrix Active Member

I do have a feeling that it's going to be alot more interesting, once it starts giving us some context. I'm even pretty sure it's going to come within the next episode or 2, but untill that, the fights remains uninteresting to me. Slim some fights down and focus on developement first and I would be all happy.

40. Kyousuke kosaka.

It would be nice to have more background, though its not like it's astoundingly slow right now. I would imagine since this show has plans of going 2-cour that we'll get plenty of great material story-wise starting soon.

41. Blastrix Active Member

No not slow at all. It's not even that big of a problem to solve :sweatdrop I just commented on it, cause the episode ended on a robotfight cliffhanger I really didnt care much about. Didnt know this show was set for 2-cour. It has potential

42. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a Retired Smod

Such a strangely relaxed conversation despite Madoka knowing she's been targeted. Although she stopped being chipper faster than I would have thought. She kind of reminds me of Ohana a little. Probably because she's moving forward because she's pissed. xD I do like her sister even more now though.

43. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Director Sato Tatsuo Eliminates Romance From Moretsu Pirates and Lagrange

I didn't peg the series to have any real romance elements in the first place but I didn't think there was a conscious effort to eliminate it.

44. reaperunique I3

I also figured it would never have any or a lot of romance, starting the series with an all girls school is never a good sign. I guess you could see something in Lagrange between the the girl and one of the "enemy" pilots but that would be a stretch.

Heck, it's the same for Last Excile and in that show there are a lot more male characters.

You just don't think about it when you know the main character is a girl. I haven't seen a lot of shows or any for that matter that have a female as the first introduced lead protagonist and without any noticeable male characters that have romance in them.

45. Judge Fudge Delicious

Well that's one less thing to worry about. Plenty of Love Love in Aquarion to make up for it.

46. Kurokami Medaka Sans Lingua Franca

Theres gonna be too many "maru" moments to worry about love anyway. Also JF, DAT BEE.:datass

47. Judge Fudge Delicious

48. Kyousuke kosaka.

Interesting that I get two shows in the same season with that kind of experimentation.

Never really thought of the romance aspect going into either one so shouldn't be a huge deal.

49. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Never really expected romance elements in this series but I didn't imagine that there was an intent to purposely eliminate any romantic elements. I just imagined it was something that would occur naturally with the way the story was flowing.

50. reaperunique I3

Don't forget Last Excile.