1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Rin was Isobu's former host

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Gangryong Ma, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Gangryong Ma Active Member

There was always something fishy about her, and I believe she was the Sanbi jinchuuriki. Chronologically, it works out. The Mist clearly wanted her, and Kakashi had to go to drastic measures to make sure they didn't get her. What could she have been protecting?

I doubt she was a spy, because she seemed genuinely kind to her teammates. Not only that, but Kakashi still mourned long after her death... if she were a spy he wouldn't be lamenting over her because she was a traitor.

She only showed medical ninjutsu so I doubt she had a special kekkai genkai either.

She also doesn't have red hair so she's not an Uzumaki (or at least there's a high chance of her not being one).

So what else could she be but a jinchuuriki? It would make sense, because assuming that she did end up getting caught by the Mist, her jin would have been extracted and given to Yagura. This would lead Obito (under the guise of Madara) to hold a grudge towards Kirigakure. This would lead him to controlling Yagura and becoming the puppet behind the Mist. He is so angry that the greed of the villages would go to such lengths as to kill his friend over power that he wants to collect all the jins and support the Moon's Eye plan.

Another possibility is that she was going to be the new host of Isobu, but the Mist didn't want it to happen. We still don't know anything about the 3rd Mizukage, so he/she could have been manipulated by Madara or even have been Madara himself. He extracted the Sanbi away from Yagura and it roamed free until a new host would be found. Rin was going to be the new host but Kakashi killed her, causing the Sanbi to roam in the lake until Deidara caught it. This is more unlikely, though.

2. ch1p likes the kitteh

How many more times do we need to say Kakashi can't kill Rin for the sake of the mission because of the contrary moral lesson he learned in the Gaiden?

If Kakashi killed Rin, it's for her sake.

3. SmokeBlader *Insert User Title Here*

I still don't get why he said ''You let Rin DIE''. Why are the mist ninjas so eager to get her, even if she's already dead? Something is going on.

4. KLNTIME Member

I agree, the Mist still wanted her body even after she was dead...For what reason?

5. Raventhal Sage of the Six Pack

I doubt it. Bijuu die with their host. She was likely a spy knowingly or unknowingly.

6. Kiss SS: It's canon bitch

Her being a spy is more likely imo.

7. ch1p likes the kitteh

It could be either Isobu or Saiken. I'm more to prone to believe it was Saiken. It's A) one of the three which was not explained in the manga (the other being Kokuo and Chomei). B) There's that bubble theme going on. C) Isobu was Yagura's and if he was the Mist Kage at that time, then he had to have the tailed monster for awhile before. Of course, that would be the biggest slap in the face of the anime.

I don't think she's a tailed host to be honest. I think there's something else to her.

8. SmokeBlader *Insert User Title Here*

Mangastream translation says: ''We can't let the enemy get their hands on that corpse.''

Sorry, but WUT?

9. ch1p likes the kitteh

Well, Obito is attacking them, what would you call him?

10. SmokeBlader *Insert User Title Here*

Maybe, but he said corpse. Why are they so interested about a dead body?

11. ch1p likes the kitteh

Yes, that is another chalk on the "Rin isn't a tailed host". They die when the host dies, so if she's a corpse, the tailed beast would be dead too, no point.

12. Iruel Video game lovin' genius

Spoiler:
    X

They don't die.. they revive after a while.. which explains why Isobu was wild.

13. Laura A Perky Wallflower

That's a pretty plausible theory, the saiken one fits in well too. I like it.

14. Golden Circle .

Well that explains why there was that bijuu roaming around without a host.

Like this theory very much. It fits.

15. Iruel Video game lovin' genius

yeah, its called Yaguras reign was usurped and he had to be killed. :giogio

16. ch1p likes the kitteh

Like I said, cna't be Isobu, unless Yagura got it after this inccident. I'm not prone to believe that.

17. Hermansen Member

Why would they want her corpse then?

18. jacamo Kekkei Genkai Sama

jinchuriki as a medic? lol no way this theory is true

Rin was either a spy or was part of the intel unit... or she could have had a special bloodline that the Bloody Mist wanted to breed with, like Senju or Uzumaki

19. Nois eternal otter-kun

Probably a bit of a mistranslation. Those happen in translating an unfinished work. And besides, we don't know what all that was about. Apparently Kakashi killed Rin to save her from whatever those fuckers wanted to do to her.

If that's the case then I think, in Obito's eyes, a hasty move on Kakashi's part, since if it draged out a bit longer, Obito would've get there.

20. Ichiurto Proudly Racist

The bubbles were part of Utakata's abilities, not Saiken. Saiken's ability is acid/corrosive gas.

And it's most likely to be Chomei if what someone in another thread stated was true (Konoha had both Kyuubi and Chomei) and Chomei ended up being the only Tailed Beast sealed within a Shinobi outside of the 5 Great Villages.

Meaning, they most likely got it after it reincarnated after Rin died.

21. The Red Skull Hydra Commander

Was nobody paying attention in the Haku and Zabuza days? A ninja's body is like the freaking holy grail for research and what not.

22. Talis Tobito believer

Could be very well.
    Especially when you think about it, we still have to see Obito learning controling Bijuu's,

23. Last Rose of Summer Active Member

1) Yagura was Isopu jin, Rin was more likely Utakata's precedor with Saiken (remember bubble jutsu).

2) She wasn't Konoha traitor, but always a loyal Mist ninja. You don't call Kabuto (Konoha nin) a traitor of Suna, Kumo etc. just because he spied for Konoha in disguse of Suna, Kumo etc. ninja.

My few cents.

3) Kakashi can still hold some feelings for someone who was in his team, but wasn't from his Village.

24. Keile You A Scientist?

1. Advanced bloodline user.
    or
    2. Had special intel.
    or
    3. Jinchuuriki.

That sad, wouldn't it be funny if the Mizukage said to his Anbu:

ANBU:"So you want us to get a female [insert bloodline] user for breeding?"
    Mizukage:"Yeah, make sure she has a booty too."
    ANBU:"What's the measurements?"
    Mizukage:"Round and brown, hehe, round and brown."
    *rubs palms together*
    "Aww yeaa..."

25. Revolution Uchiha

Politeness of the Japanese

26. Last Rose of Summer Active Member

Or that;s what Kakashi has been saying to everyone: "I let her die", not "I killed her". Maybe Kakashi doesn't really want to acknowledge his role in her demise and is lying to himself about it. Obito knows the truth though, but he still taunted him with "letting Rin die" - we thought "Oh, how lame!" and between two ex-friends there was unsaid being clear.

27. Gangryong Ma Active Member

Another reason I think it can be Isobu is because Obito has been involved in every incident involving Isobu. He was there to control Yagura and he did something in the fight with Deidara vs Isobu. Its the only jin we've seen him "control" outside of Edo Tensai. There is clearly some connection between him and the tailed beast and it can be very likely that that connection includes Rin.

28. Last Rose of Summer Active Member

Could be, but I'm betting on Slug Bijuu Saiken. :p

29. WasteU Member

Didn't Obito say "what makes you think Rin is dead?" to Kakashi recently.

30. vegeta2002 Empty 7

What if the Mist had to recover the body before it reverted back into a perfect Zetsu clone? This would explain why Kakashi had to kill her. Zetsu is technically an experimental water (+earth) clone.

It's not simply Rin's death that drove Obito insane. It was him witnessing Kakashi kill her. It reminds me of Nagato awakening the rinnegan after witnessing his parents deaths at the hands of Konoha shinobi. No one found it strange that Nagato's parents somehow let his eyes be replaced at some point (the bandages stay on for a long time)? I'm thinking they were clones of his dead parents and that his life was engineered to awaken rinnegan by Madara.

Those two examples (Nagato and Obito) are speculative, but we know that Itachi tried to do the exact same thing to Sasuke. He forced him to awaken his MS through manipulation. There's a pattern.

31. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish

Wasn't it explained that the host for the Bijuus (the Jinchuurikis) were usually related in some way to the Kage of a village? I can't remember well enough the explanation but it was something Kushina told Naruto in 500. Rin would have to be related in some form to a Kage or a branch of the family of said Kage.

Then again, Killerbee ended becoming the Hachibi Jinchuuriki and he was more of a stepbrother to Ei and Sandaime Raikage's stepson by default. He is in no way related by blood to them but still made it to become a Jinchuuriki (and Ei's partner).

32. vegeta2002 Empty 7

The previous jin and Bee were related thus making Bee still blood kin to Kumo's royal family. The test they administered to find Ei's new partner was hilarious. I could've saved them the time and been like, "That black one is probably gonna be kage level. Can I go on break now?".

33. Deana Active Member

I think it sucks that IF she was a tailed beast, she couldn't protect herself better than she did throughout the Gaiden arc and even this one. Why didn't she rampage when Obito was struck down right before her eyes? Why didn't she rampage and protect them so Kakashi wouldn't have to kill her in the first place? It looks as though she was surrounded by fodder ninja in both cases.

Tailed beast Rin should've been able to protect herself better than that.

Hmm, but maybe she did rampage and it didn't work so Kakashi killing her was the last resort.

34. Gangryong Ma Active Member

I don't remember this being said. Wasn't one of the jins unaffiliated with any of the 5 major villages (I believe it was Fu)?

And even it were said, maybe that is why she was put under the care of Minato. That's enough relation to a kage to me.

Most jins can't even transform though. Naruto wasn't taught to transform the Kyuubi just came out of him when he was angry/on the brink of death. Rin could have been a temporary host, and unlike Kumo, Konoha doesn't teach their jins to master their powers.

And she may have gone on a rampage which is why Kakashi had to stop her. That makes her more related to Saiken though because of the bubbles.

Perhaps she was an experimental jin like Kin and Gin?

35. spankdatbitch Join my Ninja clan biatches11

I don't think she had a tailed beast.
    Otherwise they would no longer be interested in Rin,since the Bijuu dies with it's host if killed.Personally I think she had a rare bloodline limit.This springs back to memory the 'land of waves' arc,and how it's explained that bodies of ninja with blood line limits can still have their secrets stolen if the body is not properly disposed of by the village.I think this is probably the case.