1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Remember the 40yr old coach who married his 16yr old student? They're back...

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by KazeTsukai, Aug 16, 2007.

1. KazeTsukai Shinobi no Sabaku

X

i guess those beanie babies are really important :laugh

anyway i still don't get why the parents consented to them getting married if they didn't want them to :huh

2. Robotkiller Still alive Advisor

Your entire personality changes from the ages of 18-21. The marriage is almost guaranteed to fail in my eyes.

3. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

i agree

she wants that stuff back now but her parents arent denying its hers just that they are keeping it in trust for her

they should never have signed the consent for girls her age think they know what they want but they dont

4. Zhongda Active Member

She looks older than 16... well developed.

5. Halcyon Dreamz Arsonist Choir

Seeing the pic, I just thought that they were just a normal dad and daughter combo

6. Payapaya ...

Well yea it will probably fail, though it might not. If it does she will probably regret it for the rest of her life. :(

Though I seriously hope the girl is still going to school.

7. Hio (_)===D~~ ???

It will fail i think:amuse

8. Denji Noctis Lucis Caelum

These two again? I'm getting sick of them.

9. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

he is a teacher!
    he can teach her whatever she needs to know

english
    geometry
    lessons of love

10. Solid Snake Friendship is Solid

Living with someone under the same roof is different than when you just know them as a friend.

I wouldn't worry too much, she'll get a reality check soon.

11. Purgatory Banned

Eugh...it'll definitely fail since she look-a-like-a man.

12. Tash U Turn

I wonder what the husbands reaction is gonna be when she wants a divorce.

13. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

I guess it is the same as my grand parents and my mom "Heh, wanna get married ? Go ahead, and don't come back crying because we didn't warn you !"

My mom got married at 16 with my 25 year old dad. He was a wife beater and a bad male example for me and big bro.

14. Diamed seeker of the ineffable flame

In the past girls generally married at that age, commonly with men that age, and the marriages worked fine. Girls divorce not because of their age, but because they're taught by people like you that it's okay and they should over every little thing. The consequences continue to escalate and destroy this civilization.

15. Jaga King of the Jungle

that guy looks like her father... not her husband X

16. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

my god i dont believe in divorce but thank GOD i didnt marry the guy i was in love with at 16

he was an internet predator and he was about fifty even though he told me he was 25

maybe you should think about that
    i say the guy was grooming here and that he will divorce her because he only likes young girls and once she gets olderand/or has a baby he isnt going to be attracted to her any more

and remember that most people who married when it was common to marry at 16 didnt do it for "love" they did it for money or politics or familthey worked it out because they had to.

now men or women who marry someone so much younger do it because thats what they are attaracted to
    when was the last time you had a longer convo with someone under 17?

im sorry but most of them are idiots especaially the girls and its not them its their age. i know some of you are that age or younger and your gunna tell me "like OMG allllllll my friends and my 21 yr old boyfriend tell me how smart and mature i am and how i dont sound like im 16 AT ALZ"

and i am going to tell you that in ten years your going to look back and say "OMG i was such an idiot at that age....thank god i didnt marry my 21 yr old boyfriend"

no one ever looks back at high school nd remembers how smart and funny and mature they were....thats not how it works

17. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a Retired Smod

Why are they bothering to keep the items away from her? It isn't like things like her beanie baby collect are going to make their daughter leave her husband and return home. All it is doing is making the process more unbearable for all involved.

18. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

no they said they dont want her to sell something so precious to her for money
    or have him talk her into it for money

both of them work at a grocery store they have to be pretty strapped

19. Diamed seeker of the ineffable flame

If there's a will there's a way. Marrying for love is overrated. Real marriage is based on blind, driven commitment that just doesn't care when/if it sucks. That's why arranged marriages have a hugely higher success rate. Your guy lied to you and is therefore a bad example. But imagine if you were sixteen and married, couldn't you have been careful to NOT change and AVOID changing so that you could stay compatible? Surely you have a choice in how your love matures and develops. Every girl has a choice how she keeps her living love alight.

20. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

arranged marriages worked alot because they felt no commitment to each other except to to publicly embarrass each other.
    marriage is also about compromise but compromise isnt refusing to change but changing in a way that makes you closer to one another.

so he doesnt like it when i talk on my cell phone and drive?
    make him drive and i still talk on my cell phone

i changed but i compromised

21. Diamed seeker of the ineffable flame

::smiles::
    I like you. <3

Suffice to say I'm from the other side of this divide though because I am the internet predator. . .and I think it will succeed and we'll live happily ever after. I'm not lying though, really am 25. . .

22. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

but im 23!

our age gap just isnt big enough!
    but i like that you think of yourself as a predator......i like to be stalked

23. Diamed seeker of the ineffable flame

no no, you're assuming the best of me. I really am with a young girl. . .17 year old. . .so I mean. . .I want it to end up well.

24. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

lol dirty old man
    so.....do you two have fun simulating sex with her barbies?
    OH! is her room pink? does it have pillows and stuffed animals every where?

no no no no shes emo! she wears alot of makeup and talks about how great a release death would be and how she wants to wear black to your wedding and all your little emo babies!

yea...have fun with that

25. Diamed seeker of the ineffable flame

::laughs:: If you keep in touch with me, I will prove ten, twenty years from now that I am still with her, then, and only then will I expect you to respect me. Until then everyone should hate and despise me because ordinarily they'd be right. But I don't, because I know my own convictions.

26. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

even now i am hating you with a vicious disregard to my own hypocrisies

feel better?

anyways im right at an age where high school boys find me irresistible
    im of half a mind to find one and train him up
    have hot horney high school boy sex

then completely devestate him and make him hate every girl after me until he finally comes to realize that i was a stand alone bitch who just wanted to play around with his teeny tiny boy heart.

or he shoots me in a murder suicide

either way i say its worth it

27. Diamed seeker of the ineffable flame

You have it all wrong, you entered the irresistible zone to high school boys at 14 and will stay in it until 30. 23's nothing special.

28. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

hey i have potential to stay there past 40 not 30-

29. Diamed seeker of the ineffable flame

By the way my favorite magic color is green. . .even though my best decks are white and red. . . O.O

30. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

eh? ok now your just spamming and making me spam too

31. Immortal Flame Eversoris

Why did the parents even signe a letter of consent if they didn't approve of the marriage?

Anyways the marriage is bound to fail in a few years once the girl starts growing up.

32. pet Supa-fly TNT!!

harhar..he was about 24 years old when she was born :nuts

he's a supa-freak! :suzuhiko she is too haha

33. LittleBlondePunk You Need Me Like A Bad Habit

34. Horu Immomentarily black

repreprepreprep

Glad somebody knows some history. I've kinda been on this youth power kick lately, and in the process, studying the dismal decline of the rate of maturity over the last hundred or so years (let alone centuries ago) for a book I'm dabbling with. It's... surprisingly pathetic, really :p The controversy over something as minute as this really makes a perfect case-in-point. I'm not going to say the average American teen these days is ready to jump into a relation like this, but some are, and all certainly could be if properly educated and experienced. The best quote I heard from a guy on differences in marriage expectancy was from an Indian critiquing American/Western culture who said "you marry the person you love; we love the person we marry"; love being an ever-evolving process that is shown and developed through action, not a quirky feeling measured in tingles-per-second. It can work just fine; whether it will, given the pressures of ignorant and immature culture, is another story.
    But that process continues for the whole of your existence whether you're 12 looking back on 8, 22 looking back on 16, 40 looking back on 30 or 80 looking back on 60 (grandparents have been great at pointing that one out). You're never "there"; you're constantly learning until the day you die (or at least you should be; there's no shortage of information and experience to be had). On this particular subject, enough people I know who are 50 wish they hadn't married at 30 or 40 - what of it? The thing that truly matters here is strength of commitment and recognizing relational skill/management is an ever-developing process. That's what the ones with good marriages lasting decades will always say.

35. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

the big difference in this case is NOT the girl

the girl is a person who was lead, and groomed, and it was only inevitable that she would go for this guy. what kind of parents let a coach hang out witht heir daughter anyways? did they go out for drinks after the game? did he drive her home from practice?

really the girl isnt the one here who is dumb she is just 16

im saying this marriage has little room for growth and eventually will fail because he is interested in young girls. he has been caught grooming young girls before, he is in a job or was where he could spend his whole day around young girls. He likes her because she is 16 not for who she is

when she is no longer 16 he is still going to be attracted to 16 yr olds and she cant change that. when she is 26 he is going to turn away and start looking for a new 16 yr old because he has a problem.

when it was acceptable in society to marry a 16 yr old it wasnt these girls who were chosing their husbands. and very rarely was it husbands chosing their wives. they were political and because his family or himself gained something, land or money or a title.
    so some of them happened to fall in love

thats different from men who seek out 16 yr olds and he just happened to marry her because his problem convinces him he is in love with her. ITs going to be a problem when she is in her 20's and he starts having affairs with girls

thats why the marriage is bound to fail

36. Sub-Zero GB's Lin Kuei Master

To 40 year old husband:
    X

37. DarkFire immune to modfuck

....that guy does not look like a husband, kinda like a molestor

38. Halo True Love Conquers All

Yeah, she'll really love her decision when she's 18 and he divorces her because she lost her appeal as a minor. I'm surprised that a supermarket hired both of them to work together.

39. Morwain A great warrior fairy

Those two again....why don't the parents just let her have the stuff if they gave consent they can give her, her things.

40. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

well they prolly didnt know till after and they might have gotten alot of heat for discrimination if they didnt

41. Cecil Captain of Red Wings

He looks like her dad than her husband!

42. Master Knight DH Savvy mage knight

"Marrying for love is overrated" isn't true. Getting married as a brain-dead twit is a big mistake and doesn't show real love. (This is bound to sound shallow but) That's partly why I'd prefer girls slightly older than me; they'd be more experienced, and the small age difference would mean having somebody who wouldn't have too much trouble being a good, close friend.

But stuff like this suggests girls encourage the sort of BS behavior the coach pulls. (The teacher in the video has been a teacher for at least a decade. I myself had him 8 years back and know from my own experience that he is pervy. And I also know there are girls, including in their mid-20s, who are at least on good enough terms with him to know when he's feeling under the weather.) I think the "it takes two to tango" logic applies here. And don't expect me to believe otherwise, because I had enough experience as a charming student to be sure of otherwise.

43. Spirit Active Member

I thought your dad was cool. No, seriously. My dad hit me, which is fine because I know i was out of line. But he never hit my mom. Not once since I can remember. The age gap of my mom to my dad is the same as yours. So, I think your mom's age had nothing to contribute to this.

Nor should it be to anyone else. It totally depends on the society at the time. If the majority thinks marriage at young age is not healthy, then they probably got her into such mindset.

But age gap, is not the same thing. I think the younger one needs to be more patient and the older should be understanding.

44. tinhamodic Active Member

From teacher to grocery worker? Yeah, they're going to have a wonderful life together!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  45. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

This again eh? Well, at least the parents are willing to accept her back without her husband. If it does go wrong she can go back home though she may regret her past decision.

46. Blue_Panter_Ninja Don't fuck with time and space

Freaky to see :laserbeam

47. Kanae-chan see you space cowboy

The marriage will fail pretty soon.

And, I'll laugh.

But, are Beanie Babys THAT important? TO GO TO COURT?

48. Creator ♥Tsunade's Husband♥

Every old guy wants a hot young wife.

49. Fojos Lick

That's bs. If anything, your personality is ever-changing. You're also an extremely late bloomer if you're still in your puberty in your 20's.

50. krickitat I am the Night, I am CATMAN!

id be interested to know how old you are fojos

but anyways while many people can reach sexual maturity by the age 18 there is still alot of mental growth. more then just "omg im not alone on a mountain" but chemical growth.

all the way up until 18 your pituitary gland is still producing hormones that limit rational thought. Only around 18 do they start to taper off which is why people between the age of 18-22 have major mental growth that really leaps farther ahead then most that they had during their pubescence.

but most people i think understand that the marriage will fail has more to do with what he is attracted to the her inability to cope with marriage. The guy is attracted to teenage girls, he got a job to be around teenage girls, he spends most his day with them, he has gotten into trouble with them before and now he has married one

coincidence?
    in four or five years she id going to be in her 20's and he is still going to be attracted to teenage girls and if he cant find that from her he is going to seek it out because thats his behavior