1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. We're discussing a possible merge of the Naruto and One Piece avenues into the Akihabara subforum.
    Go here for further info . Feel free to chime in and vote.
  3. Please vote in the cooking contest here!
  4. The signature rules have changed. Please, check them in this thread!
  5. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
    We're not yet aware of the means, but someone is taking over several accounts.
    Change your password as soon as possible, and use this to see how secure it is.
  6. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: here

Don't miss it.
  7. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.

Quick Questions Quick Answers

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Rinoa, Jan 8, 2013.

1. butcher50 Active Member

The first thought that comes to mind is that it was done to quickly filter out where the shinobi were hiding among the civvies, painting them as the obvious targets among the messy crowds.

2. Coldelia Capture the Moment Advisor

Just to annex the above response: Not all in the crowd are civilians. There are also Shinobi or Shinobi in training that makes a good chunk of the crowd population. They had to be incapacitated along with the rest of the civilians to prevent them from interfering. And while invasion of the village is the primary goal of Suna, I don't think killing innocent people during the skirmishes is a part of that. Making the entire crowd unconscious through Genjutsu would hit two birds with one stone.

3. Might Gai BRACE YOURSELVES

why the fuck are gaara and lee friends? if someone squashed my limbs i'd be stabbing out their eyeballs with a voodoo doll.

if they really are considered friends idek

4. Bissen JiraTsu + KakaSaku

Cos Gaara got TnJ'ed by Naruto, and so Naruto's friends are Gaara's friends. I even think he said so when he came to help Lee out against Kimimaro.
    Also, Lee has a big heart, so he just went like "'Tis cool, Bro!".

I totally get your point, though... :geg

5. Bored321 Authore Extraordinaire

During the Third Shinobi War, why was such a big deal made about destroying the Kannabi Bridge? Now obviously anyone with basic grasp of warfare can see that blowing the bridge to smithereens will disrupt Iwa's supply line and screw over their logistics by striping their armies of supplies.

'Course, most armies don't have magic sealing scrolls that you let you contain such wonderful things like food, water and aforementioned supplies in a pocket dimension. And it's not like they can't just cross the river by walking on the water and then climbing up the walls. Might even be able to jump it. So yeah, am I missing something that everyone else can see?

6. Itachі Man of The People

7. Shinobu Justice rains from above

Pretty sure they do.
    They can use jutsus and Madara's wood clones however had the EMS/Rinne and were able to use Susanoo.

Weren't they even made from cells?

8. Itachі Man of The People

In the DB however a distinction was made between Moku Bunshin that are made of cells and Kage Bunshin that are made of Chakra.

We discussed it in X thread.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  9. Shinobu Justice rains from above

I don't understabd your question then. :defeat

What are you trying to get at?

10. Itachі Man of The People

I'm asking of Moku Bunshin contain only cells or have Chakra inside of them too. :lmao

11. Shinobu Justice rains from above

Okay I tried to find something about it, but I didn't.

So my question now is: Why do you consider the possibility, that they don't contain any chakra, since they can use chakra based ninjutsus?

12. Carlospicywiener New Member

Hey guys, quick question here. Was watching the anime back then and I was thinking to catch up and finish the series. However I can't remember what episode\season I'm at.
    What I do remember is a scene when Naruto and Sakura standing in some kind of crater or big hole in the ground, and in the top of that crater there's Sasuke standing (with a sword I think) and then he dash towards Naruto, and Sakura is overwhelmed by his speed. But Naruto could see him. It's very vague description but it's all I can recall.
    Any directions to that episode?
    (Sorry for my English btw /: )

13. Shinobu Justice rains from above

That's the "Reunion" Special, Naruto Shippuden Episodes 51 & 52.

14. Might Gai BRACE YOURSELVES

so is it safe to say that all of the konoha 11 became jounin? considering all the bullshit that happened with the war and everything

basically i want to know if lee became a jounin and cry about it because he's amazing

15. Shinobu Justice rains from above

^ Pretty sure, they're all Jounins now, yes. Since they all train Genins.

16. EagleJarl New Member

First, an admission: I got into Naruto from fanfiction. I've watched a little of the anime so far, but most of what I know is from FFN. I'm considering doing a fanfic of my own and would like to make sure I have details correct. I've looked around the forums and this seems to be the right place to ask but, if not, please let me know where I should put this kind of thing.

Ok, that said, the question: I'm curious about chakra transfer. I checked the Naruto wiki but it wasn't quite clear. Specifically:

* Is chakra transfer a basic skill that anyone can do, or is it like a jutsu that must be learned?

* Would Academy students / new genin be able to do it?

* According to the wiki: "Certain people, such as Minato Namikaze and Naruto Uzumaki could also mould the transferred chakra in order to adapt it to another person's specific chakra type." Is this referring to elemental affinity? If so, what happens when someone gives you chakra that ISN'T of your type?

17. Bored321 Authore Extraordinaire

^ Since the official source only trims the surface on this "technique" lightly, these are just my interpretations based on my observations. And since you’re writing a story, some... creativity shouldn’t be much of a cause for concern – you’re writing your own work, so you can add or take away things to your liking – pave out your road, don’t squander in another’s shadow.

In other words, this is just me re-imagining it since I find it hard to believe that this is some super unknowable technique when someone like Dan can pull it off on such a level that it restores Tsunade’s ultra-healz technique. AKA tis "merely" Fan Fiction.

* Is chakra transfer a basic skill that anyone can do, or is it like a jutsu that must be learned?

It'd vary heavily on just how you define "chakra transfer". Since manifesting chakra outside one's body is academy level, placing one's chakra into an object that's been prepared to accept it (Fuinjutsu) is an accomplishable task of any ninja worth their occupation.

But parting chakra to another should be a completely basic task. In theory, anyways. Getting a perfect 1:1 transfer rate would be immeasurably difficult, by my estimate (hence the awe at Naruto handin' out chakra cloaks).

*According to the wiki: "Certain people, such as Minato Namikaze and Naruto Uzumaki, could also mould the transferred chakra in order to adapt it to another person's specific chakra type." Is this referring to elemental affinity? If so, what happens when someone gives you chakra that ISN'T of your type?*

I believe that it's referring to that particular person's actual chakra (everyone's is unique, if only slightly), so not entirely, no. There's no canon source explaining that inquiry that exists to my knowledge (besides Kishimoto Himself), but I imagine that if one's chakra disagreed with another (not an exact match), then a small fraction of the external source would be broken down and absorbed immediately, while the rest would be recycled and "digested" over a period of several hours. With the majority of the transferred chakra getting broken down into far smaller amounts.

That's my take on it, anyways. The more offical version is rather complicated since were apparently supposed to believe that chakra transfer is an ability of god-like control, yet others like Dan and Jugo can pull it off with such casual ease that it proves rather contradictory. Sorry if this wasn't ya wanted, but hopefully it's better than nothing.

18. Infuhmus New Member

would it possible to use the Resurrection jutsu to make a corpse use the jutsu that brings a comrade back to life so that you will not die?

19. titi14 New Member

Does anyone knows how many fillers will come?

20. heartsutra (ง •̀_•́)ง Advisor

Sauce is a translation I saw on the /r/naruto subreddit.

Lol since newbies like me aren't able to post links yet, I'm delivering sauce like this, then:
    www(dot)reddit(dot)com/r/Naruto/comments/2okybl/newest_ninja_ranks_from_the_last_naruto_the_movie/

:catcry

X

#comingbacktodothislol #sodedicated #intense

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  21. Bored321 Authore Extraordinaire

How many Naruto parallels ("I wanna be Hokage" mindset, similar character traits, et cetera) are introduced in Part 1?

So far I've got Konohamaru, Dan, and Nawaki (Tsunade's brother). Am I missing any?

22. NW Sekigan Kingu

You would need some way to infuse chakra into the corpse, and it would need to have Rin'negan. You would also need something like Black Zetsu to manipulate it.

23. Revy baebaeGAReeb<3

Where was it stated that after Hashirama divided the bijuu between different villages peace lasted for some years?

24. Shinobu Justice rains from above

Manga or Anime? Anime were more, like the guy from the Hidden Village of the Star.

Hmmm, first Kage Summit?

Spoiler:
    X

25. Revy baebaeGAReeb<3

I know but was the number of years ever mentioned? I've heard someone say 20 years before.:hmm

26. Bored321 Authore Extraordinaire

Just the manga, please; no one cares enough for the fillers to be worth adding.

Edit: Ugh, how stupid of me. Thank you for the confirmation.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  27. madoracle New Member

Alright so I have a question that's been bothering me for a while. It may or may not be a spoiler. Whatever, press on at your own risk.

Spoiler:
    -How does pain keep his 'paths' from naturally decaying?

It doesn't take that long for bodies to decompose and he's had those suckers for years. How does he do it?!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  28. heartsutra (ง •̀_•́)ง Advisor

I don't think the manga ever adresses that question …
    I could be wrong, though. I assume he just gets new corpses?

29. madoracle New Member

Negative. All the corpses were people that Jiraiya had encountered - one even had the same scar. Nagato didn't care enough about them to even realise that Jiraiya had seen all those people in the past.

Unless you're saying he 'replicates' them? Then why didn't he do so when he replaced Chikushodo?

30. Platypus Moderator Moderator

But the same bodies he used against Jiraiya were present when they killed Hanzo, iirc. Which happened years, if not decades, before part II (no real confirmation on this though, but I'd say it happened not too long after Yahiko died, which is 20 years before part II). So there's no explanation. Probably the Six Paths jutsu Nagato used stops the decay with his chakra? Dunno... we didn't get much info on how the Six Paths exactly works besides the bodies being controlled by Nagato's chakra through the black rods :hm

31. Bored321 Authore Extraordinaire

Was it ever stated in-universe that the Fourth's Raikage V2 speed let him match Minato's reflexes? Or am I just imagining things? Could've sworn it was mentioned during his throw down with Tomato Sauce, but I've combed through it and haven't come up with anything solid.

Edit: Nevermind, I just needed to find the right trans. # 462 was the culprit.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  32. yelde New Member

Where can I get info on what (if anything) happened between 699 and the Last film? All I've read (maybe off-base) is Sasuke's on walkabout, Naruto's said to be active in missions, and Sakura started some sort of children's mental health ward at the hospital. Any info on the other characters?

33. Shanal Frosted King

Read the various Hidne novels released by Kishimoto.

34. Bored321 Authore Extraordinaire

Is there canonical evidence that every human being in the Naruto-verse posses chakra? Shinobi, civilian, baker, etc.

35. drakeflame New Member

Hey guys, can any of you tell me which OST/sound plays at 10:33 in episode 163 of the Naruto Shippuden sub or at 10:23 of the dubbed edition?

36. Platypus Moderator Moderator

X

As for the soundtrack itself:

Naruto Shippūden OST 1 - Track 28 - Shippū Kumikyoku ( Hurricane Suite )

The part you're looking for is at 2:14.

37. baski Baski

What ever happened to Inner Sakura? Did Kishi just retcon her away or is there some explanation as to why she isn't there anymore?

38. Hollow 75 Exp.

Inner Sakura wasn't so much a separate entity inside Sakura's head as she was simply her inner, hidden thoughts and opinions. When she was younger, Sakura was fixated with her appearance and how she might look in others (especially Sasuke's) eyes. She forced herself to be as cute, amiable and girly as possible while keeping her more negative, violent and actually honest opinions to herself. Those were shown to us by Kishi via Inner Sakura for comedic reasons...or maybe to also show us that Sakura wasn't all that she appeared to be.
    As she got older she started acting more like herself, no longer caring so much about her appearance. She became a lot more honest and, as a result, Inner Sakura no longer had a reason to be shown. It would've been like showing Sakura saying something and then showing Inner saying the exact same thing.

That's just my opinion though. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

39. baski Baski

Makes sense. I also took her as just a comedic way of showing Sakura's inner thoughts, until that time when Ino possessed her and she was pushed out by Inner Sakura. If Inner Sakura wasn't a separate entity, it would make no sense for Ino to actually see her in her head.
    But i guess Kishi gonna Kishi. Thanks though

40. Hollow 75 Exp.

Actually, I thought about Sakura's fight with Ino during the Chuunin exams while typing my previous answer. I just didn't think it would be pertinent to add.
    It's true that Inner Sakura being a different personality that was there to fight Ino even after she took control over Sakura's mind is a good theory. Nevertheless, I came up with an explanation for it to go with my previous one.
    From the beginning, we've been shown that Sakura is incredibly intelligent and has a natural tendency towards genjutsu (pity that this was never really explored). I believe that the fact that she has such a good head between her shoulders, coupled with her fiery spirit and the adrenaline that came from facing her best friend turned rival in the Chuunin exams, allowed her to have a mind powerful enough to actually break through Ino's attempt at mind control. Thus, the Inner Sakura we see when Ino is trying to break into Sakura's mind during the fight is not really a separate entity but a representation of Sakura's will power, just like Inner Sakura is just a representation of Sakura's true thoughts/opinions in all the other situations she showed up it.
    I'm already making this really long, sorry, but allow me to add another point. If Inner Sakura truly was separate from Sakura herself, shouldn't we have seen her show up to also kick Ino out when the former used her mind control on Sakura during the written part of the Chuunin exam?

Then again...as you said...Kishi gonna Kishi. I'm probably reading way too much into all of this, hahaha!

41. baski Baski

:hm solid explanation again. Except that Ino wasn't trying to break into Sakura's mind when she encountered Inner Sakura. She had already successfully done so. She was in total control of Sakura until Inner Sakura intervened.

I would assume that the mind control during the written part didn't have any malice behind it and thus Sakura wasn't really in any danger so Inner Sakura didn't need to intervene.

Orrrrrr maybe Inner Sakura was just a comedic thing at the time, but Kishi was so desperate to have Sakura not lose that he had to pull a bullshit move like Inner Sakura pushing Ino out, and then didn't bother to address it again.
    Oh well, Kishi gonna Kishi :cat

42. heartsutra (ง •̀_•́)ง Advisor

43. mangaraw Member

I was curious to know why Rock Lee cannot use chakra. Is it because his body has no chakra in it at all or he is unable to somehow control chakra.

44. Platypus Moderator Moderator

The latter because without chakra he'd have no reason to use the Eight Gates.

45. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Well, its more that he'd be unable to use the 8 gates without any chakra at all, the gates use chakra to force the users body to break their limits. Lee has chakra, he's just completely untalented when it comes to moulding chakra so he can't use the most basic ninjutsu or genjutsu.

Spoiler:
    X

46. Rabblt sasuke sucks and neji's just taking a nap

Where is the best place on here to view/discuss naruto OCs? I really like hearing about people's fan characters and I wondered if there was a specific section for this or not

47. heartsutra (ง •̀_•́)ง Advisor

We have a Naruto Fanworks section in House of Uzumaki that can be used for it: /forums/naruto-fanworks.564/

48. Fenxus New Member

Idk if this question is suited here, as it's not too amnga/anime specific but rather more general speculation.

Anyways, I wonder if there was a battle between a hyuuga and a Uchiha, could the hyuuga avoud being genjutsud' by closing their eyes and activate their byakugan instead, or would that still count as eyecontact necessary for the uchiha to cast an genjutsu over them?