1. Miss Akihabara 2017: Preliminary Round: Nominations & Qualifications (inc. Naruto and one piece).
    Is currently being held in the Akihabara district, visit the thread here to find out more.

Question thread. "Where can I find ...." / "Is it still being..."

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Crowe, Jan 24, 2006.

1. galvao18 Soul Reaver

Yeah, i ended up remembering the name on my own yesterday :lmao
    but a promise is a promise, have some of dat green :datass

2. Mѳẹbius &#32

That's right! He's from Tezuka's universe. Rock Holmes/Rock Macbeth, a badass name for a badass character :datass

Kudos for the Space Cobra/Dorohedoro set.

3. p-lou tender like a wombat

don't forget the robot version of rock. rag the first robot president

X

4. Ramius Active Member

Oh, he looked really familiar. I thought I've seen him in more than 1 manga, that's why I was confused. And thanks, Cobra is awesome.

I need to read more Tezuka. Was planning to eventually go through everything that was translated.

5. Mѳẹbius &#32

Rock appeared in different series, from good to bad guy.

X

^THE place for Tezuka fans. You can find a detailled information for each series.

6. Butcher Punishment

What chapter did the Gintama anime end on in the manga?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. Bilaal #futurehive

where can i find as many translated volumes as possible of Space Adventure Cobra?

8. Sasori-puppet#02 Delicious Burger

Hello folks, I'm wondering if any of you can point me to some manga that I've forgotten about.

Protagonist is a girl and her geeky-glasses friend who loves building mecha models. The friend has a condition in which she sees everyone else as a robot. At a certain point, the protag get her arm chopped off, so her friend patches her arm back on with a cell phone (wtf!?). From then on, the protagonist is able to use her arm as a cell phone, and finds out that she can call over versions of herself in different multiverses.

This manga seinen genre, somewhat darker and morbid. It's about a dude (kind of a deadbeat) who finds out that his best friend is f*cking his girlfriend. In a fit of rage, the guy ends up killing his best friend in his own apartment, and has to get rid of the body somehow. So he ends up
    Spoiler:
    smoking the body on a rack and turning him into jerky so that the moisture in his body would leave and reduce the size of the corpse.
    For some reason I think the characters were Chinese.

Finally, this one is a shounen genre about a high school kid who is a chuunibyou and has a sense of justice. One day, a really strong girl transfers into his class and exhibits an even stronger sense of justice. He's overwhelmed, and walks home "defeated." On his way home, he encounters a mask that grants him super strength, so he puts it on and becomes a hero.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  9. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

I'm looking for a place that has all the translated chapters of the Digital Weekly Shonen Jump.

They are about to release a new chapter of Dragon Ball that deals with Goku BEFORE he got to Earth. They won't accept my money because the fucking app is not available in Mexico.

The chapter is related to Jaco The Galactic Patrolman but I haven't found any complete translation of its 11 chapters (only raws). I really... REALLY need to get the English version.

HELP.

10. haegar Well-Known Member

there is this crime / martial arts webtoon I been reading some months ago, and I put it on hold and then sorta forgot about it and now I can't find it again.

as far as I can remember it was

a) korean webtoon/manhwa
    b) protagonist is a dude owning/running a ramen store/diner who used to be an assassin or such but put down the business to be a cook enjoying simple life.
    c) his past catches up with him in the guise of the son of some guy he killed coming to the country to stalk him and eventually try to kill him
    d) as well as some nosy cop who just has a feel that *cook* dude aint quite normal and keeps digging around.

as I remember it was full color, and while it wasn't spectacularly great it did have some decent character layouts and plot and captured my attention for some 10-20 chaps back then, so if somebody knows what it is please help me out here :)

11. Morglay .

12. haegar Well-Known Member

13. Iruel Video game lovin' genius

Does anyone know anything about the 27 KangZengBang Shaman King Volumes being released in the States? I am massively dissapointed they still haven't been released, and I had thought that the US have been doing better about releasing manga series and shit. Especially since it's got the real damn ending in it, not just a reprint.....Ive already read the series, I just want to be able to own them...

14. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

When the fudge is Yotsubato! 86 coming out?

15. Blaizen Christian

I'm looking for a manga I read a long time ago. I can't remember its name.

Basically what I remember is the main character seems to lead a boring life until he grabs a book in a library and gets cut by a blade hidden inside it. Afterwards he is pulled into the world inside the book.

Anyone have an idea of what its called? Many thanks in advance

16. DemonDragonJ Midnight Lover

Is Katsura Hoshino still writing D.Gray-Man? I have not seen any new chapters of that series in ages, and the last chapter ended quite suspensefully.

Why does the scanlation group that works on KissXSis and Fight Ippatsu! Juden-chan take so long to release chapters? Most other groups work at amazing speeds, so it is frustrating that they are so slow in comparison. And how is it that that group, Vortex Scans, is the only group that is currently working on those series? Surely, with their slow pace, another group would have picked up those series by this time?

17. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

^ She's in a hiatus as far as I know, she had some health condition (her hand or something?), so she's sporadically drawing new chapters.

18. GIORNO Banned

D.G-M was cancelled a while ago by Shueisha. The only way we'd get D.G-M back is if she recuperated and then started writing it again under a different publisher. I wouldn't be expecting much from D.G-M which is REALLY unfortunate. It's one of my favourite series and it was getting to a REALLY important part in the plot, shit was so confusing.

19. galvao18 Soul Reaver

There used to be an anime about remote control cars

i remember that the protagonist was summoned to another dimension where they raced toy cars for the fate of said dimension, and the tracks were fucking huge. I also remember that when people raced they bet the tracks themselves, and the winner could teleport/summon them anytime he wishes. I also remember that there were like 8 tracks, and once you got hold of them all you could combine them and create the ultimate track and save the world.

does anyone know the name of this anime?

will rep+

20. balboass Active Member

21. haegar Well-Known Member

Ok, is it me or is google 'censoring' online reading manga sites?

I easily used to find a lot of links to chapters when i googled a specific chapter for say One Piece, but lately the results only show indirect links or generic info about OP.

24. haegar Well-Known Member

not sure if it has to do with censorship or some add heavy but read empty sites somehow maneuvering themselves up top the search algorithm, in any case finding manga via google needs refinement :p

X use site like this i.e., identifiy current scangroup of manga of choice, read in quality from source. for mainstream stuff like bleach or op, dont even know why google in the first place as its gonna be up on almost all main reeader sites within 30mins of release so why feed the kraken's database your reading habits?

25. Foxve Konoha's cyclone

Does anyone know the name of a manga about this guy who is looking after his little sister who one day found a piece of demon flesh or something on the beach and turned and now has the mark of the demon and doesn't age? The guy also pretends he's the one with the mark so others with the mark won't go after his sister for hers.

26. Soulme Member

I once read a manga about a school boy who started participating in pop-quiz competitions against other schools. I think i read the manga 3 years ago but wasn't finished, but now I can't find it anymore. Anyone has any idea about this?

27. Succubus Banned

Nanamaru Sanbatsu. scans still no update after 1.5 years

28. Haohmaru The Legendary Samurai

I was reading a manga about high school kids that were kidnapped and put into a house to play a game. Out of the 9 or so kids that were in the house I think 3 of them got chosen to be the criminals and the other had to find out who the criminals were in order to survive. Each night someone would get killed off.
    Anyway know the name of this manga.

29. Succubus Banned

ah.. Torikago no Tsugai, still no news from scans :( its good mystery

30. Haohmaru The Legendary Samurai

Not the one I'm talking about. The manga I'm reading is gory and has a more seinen feel to it. I forgot to add that the kids who got kidnapped have collars on. When they don't do what they've been told it explodes.

31. Succubus Banned

ah you're talking about Bloody Junkie that you mentioned 3 criminals after realized that.. which I'm so confused because kinda similar

theres collars in both manga too lol

32. Foxve Konoha's cyclone

33. Succubus Banned

please be a little more specific, Foxve.. is it seinen/shouen? or was it shoujo if thats the case I dont read shoujo too much

34. Foxve Konoha's cyclone

It was probably shouen. I keep thinking its a one-shot for some reason too....

35. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Sounds like X. Your description matches what happens in Chapter 4.

36. Haohmaru The Legendary Samurai

That isn't the one I'm talking about either.. It's a fairly new manga. I think there were only 5 or 6 chapters out when I was reading it.

37. Foxve Konoha's cyclone

38. Irishwonder UNSC SPARTAN

I'm trying to remember the name of a manga with two brothers who set out to be samurai, they get tricked into joining a cult where they team up to blow up an american naval ship with a small team of assassins. Anyone know?

39. Succubus Banned

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bikko again. :cry

41. Disorder Member

Where is the best place to read Berserk? I was using Manga Lyght because I like to read volumes at a time but they've seemingly taken their Beserk content down for some reason.

42. haegar Well-Known Member

its taken down on batoto due to copyright :hmm

X

as for online readers it still is on kissmanga but I havent read it there so cannot attest to their scans quality. though generally id say there is worse places to read manga and mostly they have decent quality

X

google also mentioned this:
    X the mediafire links in first reply seem to still be working ...

edit: getting it via bakabt is prly best available quality but costs some bandwith ...

43. dhilonv Active Member

Does anyone know where i can find chapter 021 of Arslan Senki?

Thanks

44. haegar Well-Known Member

comments on kissmanga seem to suggest ch22 is in fact 21 and was mislabeled on several online readers, possibly due to them all leeching the same trans? not sure if true though.

looks like the current scans around on readers might be ripped from crunchyroll, and many readers have like a 4week gap between ch20 and 22 with 21 missing. maybe the dude providing original file took a few weeks break and overlooked one chap on return lol.

that being said, couldnt find alternative group still doing it on baka updates - prly got dropped when crunchy picked it up? its gone from mangastream and batoto on copyright grounds it seems
    :hmm

think your best bet is to find some active fan thread where chapter links get posted, dunno if it has a thread here on NF I dont read it *shrugs*

that was a long post for sry no dont know where lol

45. dhilonv Active Member

Thanks, for the answer. I think you're right about the scans, i just checked chapter 22 that's on crunchyroll and it's different from the scans.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  46. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

I read this manga years ago, and now can't remember the name.

It's set in a school. In this world everyone has "eye powers." Not like shooting lazers or anything, but they can see things that others can't. Everyone sees the world in their own way. Except for the MC. He's the only one who doesn't have any. Every one likes to keep theirs a secret, but through observation he's able to guess other people's powers.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

47. Major_Glory Justice Friend

Iris Zero is the title you're looking for, Smoke! I wanted to find it too, actually.

48. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

question! the manga im linking now, does anyone know the name? can't find the name... and I'm good at finding names.

X

49. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

+reps. Thanks bro. Looks like a solid series

Edit: Looks like I have one more. This one may be slightly difficult. It's a manga about a school that has a badge system for martial arts, and one particular girl with glasses doesn't want to be found out as a high level martial artist yet she beats one of the golden badges. I can't remember the name of it but I remember the general premise and how it looks. does it sound familiar to anyone?

nvm, found it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015