1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

Purpose of Orochimaru killing Hiruzen?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Idiopodivny, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Idiopodivny Kunoichi Princess

What purpose did it serve? Is it possible Orochimaru was sent from the Akatsuki to do it?

Black Zetsu pretty much influenced the events of everything in naruto so did Black Zetsu have anything to do with Hiruzen being assassinated at that particular time.

Because I think Orochimaru actually had another agenda had he not lost his hands. I'm still trying to figure out what Orochimaru's motive was ??

Someone answer this please.

2. oetsuthebest Whoa

It was said somewhere or implied somewhere to be revenge iirc. Simple as that.

3. Idiopodivny Kunoichi Princess

Hiruzen didn't really do anything bad to him though lmao

4. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

We still don't even know why he invaded Konoha. Sasuke asked him this in War Arc and he did not give a clear answer IIRC.

With that said, Kishimoto had probably completely different plans for Orochimaru at that time, but he switched focus entirely to just Akatsuki (and the whole Uchiha bros drama) and retconned Orochimaru, the candidate along Minato for 4th Hokage, to a guy who got neg-diffed by 13yo (was it 13?) Itachi.

So yeah, he could have done it for whatever reasons. Not even sure what kind of logical reasons could we think of since Orochimaru really seemed to care about his immortality goal and I can't see him really wasting resources on destroying a village just for fun.

5. Gunners .

Akatsuki was on his ass, and he had an emerging village under his belt. Stomping Konoha into the ground and taking the body of Sasuke made sense.

By removing the competition, his village would be able to get more resources. He'd have a perfect shell in Sasuke. Essentially, he wouldn't have to run from cave to cave.

6. Lemongrab Well-Known Member

Probably the same reason Sasuke wanted to kill Naruto, to see if he had the resolve.

7. Kusuo P Active Member

I was going to create a thread about that. But I guess it is no need. I thought I was going crazy haha. It was never explained (probably in the Boruto? Well, doubt it). That flashback had some potential to be the reason on Sasuke's decision...but now stays a mystery. What a waste.

To the topic: Well, who knows. Vengeance? Ibiki said that Oro had a grudge against The Third for choosing Minato as 4th Hokage.

8. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

Yeah never knew why Kishimoto teased us by having Sasuke ask that when Orochimaru didn't bother explaining it for us, not even hinting anything. Really mean from Kishi. :C

9. professor83 Was I able to live inside your Heart?

Hiruzen needed to be killed for plot otherwise he would have soloed akatsuki :doge

10. t0xeus hi it's me t0x

Wait, where did Orochimaru get Hokages' ET that he used for ET in War Arc? Did he take Kabuto's findings or how?

11. Karyu Endan Smilies = Not serious

We see Jugo pull out six White Zetsu clones that were planted on Sasuke as spores to monitor his movements by (as Orochimaru predicted and instructed) making them react to his Senjutsu chakra. Orochimaru took one of their bodies to escape the Shinigami after cutting it open, Jugo used another to restore himself back to adult size after pulling them out shrunk him, and the remaining four were used as the sacrifices for Edo Tensei.

If you were asking about the DNA, then we know from Part 1 that Orochimaru already had Hashirama's and Tobirama's, and it's implied Kabuto collected Hiruzen's and Minato's on top of it, since he told Obito that souls in the Shinigami couldn't be summoned with the technique (and how would he know that if he didn't try it himself?), and the current Orochimaru is a combination of Anko's Curse Mark and the remains Kabuto integrated into his own body, so naturally Orochimaru would have Kabuto's memories and thus the location of their DNA.

And hell, given that Orochimaru studied the Shinigami thoroughly enough to discover how to release and souls stuck in it, he might have tried summoning the four (not to mention his own arms) out of it himself, to ultimately discover it can't be done.

As for the question of the thread, the answer is never made clear. Orochimaru claimed he was just doing it because he found peace boring, but then Sasuke asks him about it and suspects something more personal. Orochimaru declines to answer and Sasuke drops the issue there.

My opinion on it?

He did it to lure Itachi out of hiding and consequently force Sasuke to come to him for more power. Just as Orochimaru stated Sasuke would do to Kakashi when they briefly met just after Kakashi sealed the Curse Mark away.

Between Orochimaru's continued contact with Danzo and his total un-surprise during Sasuke's discussion with the first four Hokage, it's heavily implied Orochimaru knew the truth about Itachi the whole time. So he certainly could have predicted what would happen in the event of Hiruzen's death; namely, that Itachi would come knocking as soon as possible, announce to Danzo that Sasuke's still off-limits with his return to the village, and most importantly, hammer home how hopeless Sasuke's desire for revenge is without the Curse Mark when they reunited.

Originally he was fine with letting Sasuke take his time coming of his own accord, but when he lost his arms Orochimaru got desperate, leading to sending the Sound Four to pick Sasuke up faster than originally planned. Along with asking Tsunade to restore his arms as soon as possible, of course.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  12. Knight of Chaos Hunter-Nin

I think he did it to see if he could and partially to get revenge for not being chosen for Yondaime's spot. Also Orochimaru is a psycopath. He doesn't need reason.

13. Soljah Super Ghost

I always thought he kinda resented Konoha after he lost both his parents. Im not sure but if i remeber right Oro's parents died on a mission when he was a kid and Sarutobi felt sorry for him and took him in. Even tho Sarutobi didn't directly do anything wrong to him when he got the title of hokage it was all the same. He always said he and sasuke were so alike

14. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh Advisor

It was heavily implied that Danzou was complicit in the deaths of Hiruzen and Gaara's father, and Danzou had been working with Orochimaru for a long time. That plus some minor desire for revenge and psychopathic desire to spin the windmill was enough.

15. ChosenOne1DO Banned

16. Dr. White Smell nice? it's Moonflower

Mixed intentions. Part of it was actually just wanting to destroy Konoha and double cross Suna at the same time. Oro got extremely sour after Hiruzen picked Minato > Orochimaru to be hokage, and thus he had a love/hate relationship with Hiruzen and vica versa which is why he let Oro go after he killed anbu and experimented with hashi dna on babies, and hence why Oro cried before fighting Hiruzen to the death.

17. oMeGa1904 Dr. Maddie Ahn

Yeah it's implied Danzo was working with Orochimaru and wanted him to actually invade Konoha. But i think that reason is not enough for him to act. If anything he has some weird sociopathic tendency to spin the wheels and see if he could actually get through with it in killing his former sensei. As a form of detatchment to everything he was once linked to (Konoha, his sensei and his parents, he already was a lost cause by Jiraiya so he has no longer a friend). His character actually is the perfect detatchment as an amoral scientist at the end, perfectly sociopathic. And a more cynical view of the shinobi world, that actually makes his remarks perfectly accurately in some events. And even on point in others. He only seeks for subjects that are interesting, either by science (human experiments, jutsus) or sociological anomalies (Sasuke and his "new wind" metaphor). Only moved by curiosity.