1. Cooking Contests are back! Congrats to Haze for winning the last Cooking Contest (entry pictured)!

Last Winner

Click here to check out our current Cooking Contest: The No-Spend Freestyle.
  2. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  3. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: /threads/flash-fiction-1-freestyle.1085480/

Don't miss it.
  4. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  5. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Printer problem!

Discussion in 'Technical Difficulties' started by Trafalgar Law, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Trafalgar Law Surgeon of Death

So I've run into an odd problem with our HP designjet 90. I'm trying to print an 30 x 160 cm (11.8 x 62.9 inch) large but for some reason the print always stop at about 130 cm (51 inch)?

Have anyone had this problem before and/or knows how to fix it?

Also it likes to take away an inch or two from the edges, anyone know how to prevent that?
  2. Kikyo Some day...

Sounds like the printer is running out of memory on that large file. That's a very large print job. Try allocating more memory to the printer spooler. Also, with the edges, many printers won't print to the edge, they aren't capable of it, so they have built in limits to how near the edge they can print. I'm not familiar with that particular model of printer, but the specs should say how close to the edge it's supposed to print.
  3. adie New Member

Hi Trafalgar Law, we have the same printer and i am currently experiencing the same problem. I cant figure out how to print 30 x 160 cm. I have wasted a lot of ink already. were you able to print in this dimension? is it possible? i could not risk to make a lot of mistakes again since I am running out of ink and have no money yet to X..
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012