1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR, PSOTW MIRROR
  3. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

One Piece: The Great Age of Pirates (5.1) Signup & OOC (Part 1)

Discussion in 'OOC Lounge' started by StrawHat4Life, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

which is why the name is the 12 rings

They aren't purely selfish, they all have their own thoughts and goals but agree that they can't accomplish those goals as long as the world government is in charge. as such, they wish to rid the world of the world government and its nobles.
    not always

\

no they arent, you simplify the system and anyone can put a tower or a crown on a ring.

there doesn't always have to be a leader.

2. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

i'll accept her shin and i'll work on rewording my 12ring ideas into your post

3. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

Much obliged, sir.

Also, what do you think of using those rings to communicate somehow between agents? One of the first problems that come to mind with separating them and putting on undercover duties is communication.

4. DVB S-Rank Hallow Ninja

I think it is around finals week for people. On that note, what is a PC? And I don't mean private computer. Also, the concept of godmodding, that I think is more on power. Humanity has unlimited imagination. Anyone could figure out how to use something within even limited reason and make it powerful.

5. luffy no haki Stronger than all

PC = Playable Character, character that you will develop with the time. The rookies are the PCs of the Rp.

6. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

@ Pal: Did you still want Ten to join up with the UC after this arc?
    I'm figuring out how I'll have Yuki join and I originally figured that Ten would be freed from a marine ship/base after the UC stumble upon it somehow (Hadn't worked out specifics) it would probably be convenient to have Yuki in a similar situation. Seeing as how I intend to intro her by having a battle with a certain marine.

@UC: Set up the battle, hopefully people will have something to work with. Kuno can sit this one out though if she wants, I would like to see her do a battle again at some point (been a while since I saw one from her, I think) but this one might be a bit too much to start out on:p

7. Mary212 Banned

More Overkills - it'll be a big crew this time around :D
    XXXX

8. Chaos Theory ≈Captain Bonemerang ≈

As using a Tarot style character, Xifeng, I can say that for one the rings wouldn't have to contain a symbol of stated card. Bedsides depending on what deck you use each of the Major and Minor Arcana are depicted differently. But there is a consistent theme among any set of Tarot, and that is the number associated with the cards. 0 is the Fool in example.

But then again Rings, why is this starting to feel like Naruto?:maybe

Shin, how many more post before you want me to bring Eric.. .Sinbad into the Picture?

9. DVB S-Rank Hallow Ninja

Ah, thanks. Also, why rings? I know I am not part of it, but why not like bracelets or tattoos? Be kinda cool

10. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

rings can be easily hidden, bracelets and necklaces would be the same idea, tattoos are overdone

11. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

Even better, the numbers would do the trick. Also who would think much behind a ring with a number on it? At best an outsider would suspect them having bad taste.

As this is a Naruto Forum, I don't this neccisarily has to be a bad thing. I know us OP fiends kinda look down a bit on Naruto, but come on....It's not like it's bleach:zaru

I want to start wrapping up this arc, so for me the sooner the better. I figure that if Pal or Infichi get around to it, they could add a bit to this skirmish. If not I'll just post another chunk of it sometime tomorrow, after that Sinbad can come in and steal the show.

I think that would work.

12. DVB S-Rank Hallow Ninja

Well, bracelets and necklaces would be bigger for design purposes. Well, not sure if there is anything I can do. Anyway, should hopefully be able to wrap up Chapter I soon.

13. Cooli S*O*U*L

So what's the plan with the marines?

14. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

@Cooli: Joint arc is coming up, the one S4L proposed way back. The one with the possible baby of the Pirate King.

15. Bluebeard Classy Gent

Nogari Wabanu

The Black Knight

Spoiler:
    Name: Nogari Wabanu

Starting Location/Current Location: East Blue

Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    X

Personality: Neutral Evil
    He is quite possibly one of the most dangerous men you'll ever meet simply because he doesn't understand 'honor' at all. He'll always go back on his word and gleefully stab a knife in your back. He is simply an opportunist, waiting for the perfect moment and time to strike. Notably, Nogari can be patient. If it takes years, he'll wait until it is accomplished. He doesn't believe in running away from a fight, though. Nogari can't be called a coward, especially since he's normally the first to rush into battle. He dislikes weaklings who run from battle, seeing that as unforgivable in his eyes.

--more of his personality will be filled out later--

Dream/Goal: To become the World's Greatest Swordsman.

History: Nogari is truthfully the black sheep of his family. Having a reputable status and sway in the world, the Wabanu clan was led by Nogari's father, Jariah Wabanu. The family was known for producing marines, but more importantly, incredibly skilled swordsman. It was because of the Wabanu-style swordsmanship that the clan developed. Moving quickly and quietly to kill their enemies, the Wabanu were similar to assassins in the way they moved. Nogari was very different, though. A heavy-set child, Nogari never was quite lean or agile as his brothers or sisters. He was strong, though. Far stronger and bigger too, than anyone else his age. Angered due to his inability to master the Wabanu style, Nogari used his impressive size to bully everyone around him. This went on for several years before Nogari grew out of playground bullying. Instead, Nogari became focused on what he'd accomplish in his life.

Still, he hadn't mastered the Wabanu style. At his age, it was assumed that he was a lost cause. However, Jariah couldn't have his firstborn child unable to wield a sword, so he gave the boy the biggest sword possible and a set of armor. Nogari quickly learned how to use his size to his advantage. He became quite feared amongst any who wanted to challenge him. Yet, none of the Wabanu were the World's Strongest Swordsman. Nogari then decided that he'd become the Strongest, despite the fact that he couldn't use the Wabanu-style. He became very dedicated to this dream and would do anything to accomplish it. Even when he finally joined the marines, Nogari would continue to aspire to this dream.

However, Nogari eventually started to believe that he'd never become the strongest unless he made certain shortcuts. While as a marine, he betrayed the code by also selling out his services to the highest bidder, like some kind of mercenary. When the marines became informed about this, they stripped him of his rank and sent him back to his family. Jariah was disgusted by his son's crimes and his willingness to betray his honor. Unwilling to kill the boy, he instead horribly scarred him through the use of a boiling pot and cast him out. To many this would be a fate worse than death, but for Nogari, life as a pirate was honestly much more interesting.

Crew: Ravenbeard Pirates

Ship: The Savvy Stinger

Specialty/Profession: Swordsman

Fighting Style: Brutal, yet swift, Nogari's fighting style consists of slicing through limbs and spraying bloods over the terrain, creating a beautiful portrait of corpses and red. Nogari isn't exactly quick, but once someone is in his range, he quickly hacks away until there is nothing left. He's not particularly known for his restraint in battle. It also helps that he's a ridiculously strong indiviual, capable of overpowering other swordsmen with pure strength. His armor makes him extremely durable as well. The end result is a huge, slow tank that seemingly never stops mowing down it's enemies.

The Wolf: Pure savagery unleashed on his opponent in the form of a single swing. A powerful slash that travels through the air, followed by what seems to be the howl of a wolf. The attack is notably shaped like a huge wolf's paw, leaving the imprint on whatever Nogari happens to cut.

Archenemy: Dark energy gathers around Nogari's body and briefly for a second, he moves incredibly fast. He then appears behind his enemy, who is
    dead moments after.

Weapons: The absolutely gigantic broadsword that he uses in battle. It has no name, but before his enemies are cut down by it, they often yell out various curses. Nogari doesn't believe in naming his sword, he just acknowledges it as the huge and dangerous weapon that it is.

Items: His armor, which gave him the nickname of the Black Knight. It is made from common metal, but most swords don't phase it. He notably never removes it due to the scarred skin underneath.

Bounty: 0

Color: "A severed limb is nothing to cry about..."

First new PC.

16. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

Yes, I get that there are benefits to an alliance, but WHY do they want an alliance? To oppose the world government? That seems to just give them extra work to do. What is their reason for opposing the Government? What do they hope to do when the WG is no longer around?

I agree that privileges, money, and brute force persuasion are all very good recruitment tactics. What I don't understand is this infiltration idea. What do you hope to gain by having a pirate infiltrate? And why use officer agents? It seems like anyone could do the job, and it's just a tremendous waste of manpower.
    Hearing you explain it like that I have no further gripes. Go ahead.

Sounds good to me. I still think the group should just be divided by crews.

just let the rings be normal rings and have everyone carry around a den den mushi and a white den den mushi (that one blocks interception, in case you forgot). I think holograms wouldn't really fit, plus they'd draw unnecessary attention.

Shin already said, Dodeci Anelli doesn't roll off the tongue. Also, it doesn't make much sense for a group with frequently changing membership to have a set number like that (don't cite the Shichibukai, they merely prove my point). We should find something better.

I'm not getting a good picture here. What goals would a person have that require the world government out of the way?

17. Chaos Theory ≈Captain Bonemerang ≈

:maybe

Oh my, do I give off that vibe?

:villa

18. Pyro Got my PHD in OP

Is the goal for the Makasou just to create a large organizations of pirates to counteract the World Government and Marines as a balance of powers?

If that's the case, then I have a really good idea for my Judgement tarot card character. Her goal could be balance in all things, like a judge's scale. Thus when one power gets overwhelmingly strong like the Marines, she must take it down a notch.

The one thing I'm kind of confused about. If our agents aren't going to be working together, what are they going to be doing? Are each one going to have their own crew? I'm a little confused about his part.

19. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

We haven't got that worked out yet, but something as simple as that doesn't make for a very good goal in my opinion.

She'd have to be preeeety strong if she's gonna balance things out all by herself.

Each Tarot agent is the captain of their own crew. We will be working by ourselves, or in pairs. I believe the missions we've discussed so far are either recruitment or World Government opposition. We'd either show up to give the marines trouble, or try to recruit a promising new crew, by force if necessary.

20. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

Looks good to me, accepted.

21. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

I don't really see the issue, maybe that's why I can't give you a satisfactory answer. To me, I've seen pirates work together, I don't find it odd that they could have reasons to do so, what those reasons would differ per person so there really is no one big satisfying answer like the one you seek.

Why they oppose the government? It's a corrupt entity that stands against everything they stand for. It's not that hard to imagine that even beyond that, the pirates have had plenty of encounters with authority and that personal experience motivates them in their quest.

What do they hope for when the W.G.? There's no easy answer for this because of the complications. Not sure if the overall mindset would be that they seek the destroy the W.G. I can imagine a lot of them thinking ahead far enough to know that it would be a bad thing.
    Like they know police is needed, they just don't want the police to be able to keep them down.

I think we should vary it a bit, some are complete anarchists, some are just revolutionaries, etc.

Maybe it isn't the most realistic thing, but hey this OP and it's an awesome idea. I mean I get where you are coming from, but this isn't about making the organization the most effective thing ever. We just want it to be awesome. I'm not going to buy shares in them, I just want to have fun with them.

I wish my answers for your other things were of the same caliber.

My concern was mostly that it might be a bit too obvious and suspicious if they carried those around, like people might not know what they really are up to be but they'd know they were doing some sneaky. But that may not be a bad thing. The rings and the Den Dens could be the "hint" up until the official reveal......... While we pretend we didn't know it was coming all along. :p

I imagined that the overall membership would stay about the same, only in this current age of Piracy the chaos of it all made them lose a few members (10) and so they need to be replaced. Generally I imagined that their recruits, when they officially became members than they would have proven themselves to be exceptional pirates and so "death" isn't that big of a factor in loss of members. Also they are members for life.....

Regarding the name, maybe it needs to grow on me. Makaosu didn't really charm me at the time either, that said the name does seem a bit too long for me. In it's full form it should be something like Yonkou, Shichibukai, etc.

I imagined that they left their original crews, letting their commanders/mates lead in their stead while they go undercover.
    So they have their own crews still up and running, they contribute to the infrastructure of the org. but they are undercover in different crews while faking their strength.

22. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

I think I get it now, you're saying that they're not opposing the government so much as making sure that they can't be easily deterred by them, lending each other their strength when necessary, right?

I have no issue with that, so long as I'm not obliged to carry out any infiltration.

sounds good, they'd try to be discreet, and the few times they slip up would make excellent foreshadowing.

I was under the impression we were presenting this group as a growing power as opposed to an established one. How long do you think they've been around? I still don't like the name, I'll tell you if I come up with anything.

23. Noitora CAPUA

So in a nutshell what are we doing? :LOS

24. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

I guess, I'm as much as expert as you here. At best I was charmed by Infichi's idea and tried to flesh it out a little, it's hard to say where my imagination begins and where actual decisions start.

No, owner's are free to do use their agents in whatever manner they choose. Also even if we wanted to, there wouldn't be 12 crews and squads to put them in. At this point we need a UC, MP, RB, TFIJ and TFAJ infiltrator. So that makes five of them infiltrating.

I'll refrain from calling the RB infiltrator:p Things like that might be better settled at a later point.

Ah....The downside of group planning, epic reveals rarely generate genuine surprise.

See answer above, it might've been a slip up on my account. I just imagined that the rings and the whole tradition went back for a while. This could be something we don't decide to go with, or it could be that this version of the org. simply has bigger plans than previous incarnations.

25. Vergil Busy procrastinating

@Shin - whose turn is it to post with Shinsengumi? I can keep going if you like. In fact I reckon you and Kuno go off and do the actual mission and Sendo goes to find his kid, which inadvertently leads him to what you guys are investigating.

26. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

I think it was mine actually.....

I guess we could do that, we'll be pausing the Bliss Island arc soon but if you have time for it. Did you plan on Jace being captured by those slavers? Might be an idea to have Sendo discover a trace of his Son's whereabouts but by the time he gets there Jace is already sold off....... Did you have something like that in mind?

27. Pyro Got my PHD in OP

Alright that makes more sense to me. I guess I'll just wait to make my bio until there's a little more information.

As for you thinking she would have to be too strong to be able to have that goal, just because she has a goal doesn't mean that he is going to be able to complete it single handily. Otherwise what's the point of joining an organization?

So are we to create an entire NPC crew for each of our Tarot card members? Cause that seems a little daunting and messy.

28. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

That's hardly necessary. You can just have the crew be nameless pirates, and add as many named pirates as you choose, but beyond the officer agent it's totally optional.

29. Vergil Busy procrastinating

As usual you can totally read me. Man, it's going to be really difficult to surprise you in Lyon's Estate :p

Yeah, it's going to be a while till he finds Jace or his wife.

30. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

i've explained that already, once the world government is gone, they hope to bring in their ideals of piracy. But i was thinking of having them function, should they EVER accomplish their goal, as all trying to one up each other now that the government is gone and make the "Pirate King" the ruling person.

Again, this is a pointless statement, i have already said that officers within the pirates own crews could infiltrate instead.

it IS divided by crews, the 12 rings are the 12 captains, each captain has their own armada/crew to control and each crew has a different purpose.
    i agree with this
    Then call them Anelli or Te Anelli The Rings

PIRATES.

PIRATES.

pirates can not function as they wish in a world with the world government. Due to the fact that the world government wants them gone. I am not getting what is so hard to understand about that.

A group of pirates wish to see piracy become truly legal, to be the way of the world. The only way to do that is to remove the current ruling system.

31. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

Very well, I think I understand now.

I'll keep thinking about it.

32. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

Regarding the 12 Rings, I'll try to have my agent up tomorrow. We need less discussion and more agents! :p Might be funny coming from me:zaru

Actually only made that realization mid sentence, you might have guessed from how I wrote it:p

So you're getting closer:zaru

33. Palpatine Heheheh

I'm okay with that. Although I need to think of a reason why she would be at the base and not at Volk's lab.

34. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

I've got a few basic arc ideas, I think something short and sweet would be appropriate and after that they'll head to the Grand Line. It'll depend on what you decide to do with Ten, is she on a mission and what is her current status?(As in is her self awareness already causing problems/suspicion)

I figured that as she tries to discover her humanity, she'll run into a members of the UC. While this happens somewhere else a few other UC members stumble upon the execution site of Yuki.

35. Adamant soul Well-Known Member

Decided to join this so here is my character
    Spoiler:
    Name: Alex the trouble Monkey

Starting Location/Current Location: West Blue

Appearance: Alex stands at a minuscule 5 foot, 8 inches tall and certainly isn't the most muscular teenage boy you've ever seen being rather skinny though he does have some muscle. His eyes are a deep grassy green and his scruffy mop of hair is a fiery red color (think Luffy's hair but red) and his skin is a light tan color. His most striking physical feature however is the long tail about half the length of his body wrapped around his waist, a result of eating a devil fruit. He wears an ocean blue, sleeveless top sowed on to the belly of which is a laughing monkey face with two bananas in a sideways x shape below it, Alex's Jolly Rodger. His lower body is covered by Black shorts which due to Alex's small stature stretch down to just below his knees. His feet are bare as he has never been able to acquire footwear not that he would get any as he has grown used to it

Personality: Chaotic good
    To say that Alex is playful and a bit of a troublemaker would be the understatement of the millennium. Growing up if he wasn't seen playing pranks on random villagers he was at the Marine base boasting of the feats he would accomplish when he became a pirate traits which only seemed to become more prominent after eating his Devil Fruit. This playfulness even finds its way into his fighting style making a game out of a serious situation is just how he is. He is perpetually cheerful and helpful to anyone in need of it. He seems truthfully unafraid of potential consequences and won't shy away from a fight. His ambition is to have the ultimate adventure and so he sets his sights on One Piece and the Grand Line

Dream/Goal: Form and lead a crew of pirates on the ultimate adventure though the Grand Line and obtain One Piece.

History: Alex's parents left him at an orphanage almost immediately after his birth so he has spent his entire life as an orphan. Alex didn't mind so much though as it was a nice orphanage, the people who ran the place were genuinely kind people and the other kids were fun to be around. Then maybe it was Alex who was the one who was fun to be around with his constant antics. Never one to let a place become dull Alex would tell everyone fantastic stories of what he would do when he became a pirate.

At the age of 8 Alex started playing practical jokes on, kids in the orphanage, citizens of the village and even occasionally on the Marines though the latter usually led to the Marine lieutenant who Alex quite friendly with over the years coming to speak with the owners of the orphanage about Alex's behavior. He would just brush the scoldings of the middle-aged man and would come back with better pranks as time went on.

When he was 10 years old pirates came to the village and burned many a building to the ground including the orphanage in their raid before the Marines drove them off. In the wake of the attack Alex discovered a small chest the pirates had dropped when they were running from the Marines. Opening it he found a strange looking fruit. His hunger overcame him and he ate the fruit although he would later discover that it was in face a Devil Fruit, a zoan to be exact which afforded the boy the ability to change his form to that similar to a monkey.

With the orphanage destroyed and the owners dead, Alex led the other orphans that he would come to call his baboon platoon as something of a play at being a pirate. With his new abilities and cunning mind they were always able to "acquire" the food and other such things they needed to survive. Of course this led to Alex having more scoldings from the lieutenant who in a bid to teach the young boy discipline tried to train the boy to fight.

Since then Alex has became quite the formidable opponent, what he lacks in strength and toughness he makes up for with speed, agility and acrobatics especially in his zoan form which thinking it cool in his childish mind saw fit to stay transformed most of the time and it was his monkey like form most of the villagers would come to recognize and he saw himself as something of a protector for the orphans. The lieutenant tried to teach him a rokushiki technique known as tekkai to compensate for his lacking in toughness. Alex is still trying to learn the technique but has bigger things on his mind as he wishes to leave and start his adventure he promised himself he would go on and sometime very soon he will leave the island forever.

Crew: Baboon Platoon - as of now it is only Alex's make believe pirate crew with himself as captain but soon he shall attempt to make a real crew under the name with adventure in mind for all.

Ship: To be updated

Specialty/Profession: Pirate captain/Thief

Fighting Style: Alex carries his playful personality with him into the heat of battle. Combining the superhuman speed, agility and acrobatics that come from his Devil Fruit abilities, Alex likes to play with his opponents, taunting them when they miss and using his monkey like body to his advantage with some rather unorthodox moves

Pogo tail punch/kick - uses his tail like a Pogo stick to propel himself into his opponent delivering a swift punch/kick to the face of his opponent

Propeller kicks - Positions himself in a handstand and outstretches his legs in a n upside down splits-like stance then starts to spin using his legs like the propeller of an airplane to kick opponents in a wide radius or to deliver a barrage of kicks to a singular opponent

Flying monkey headbutt - Jumps high into the air and crashes down on the opponent head first like a torpedo butting heads with the enemy

Monkey wrecking ball - positions himself in a ball shape then uses his tail to set himself in motion using his body as a living weapon to trip his opponents

Weapons: Now what fun would that be?

Devil Fruit: Monkey Monkey fruit - zoan type fruit that transforms the users body into a form resembling a monkey. In this form Alex's body becomes covered in a thin layer of dark brown fur, his hair starts to stand causing two large turfs of hair to spike up on either side of his head and his nails turn black and sharp. In this form Alex's agility and speed rise to superhuman levels adding to his already agile frame. He can hang from trees and other objects using his tail and is capable of all manner of monkey-like feats. His strength while still not that impressive rises to the level of a full-grown man.

Items: N/A

Bounty: To be updated

Color: Come on up, the game is just getting started

36. StrawHat4Life Moderator

I guess I'm just waiting on TFAJ to meet up with TFIJ. I'll get up a Ravenbeard post next.

Are there any characters I need to add to the front page?

37. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

Cool character, I have something of a fondness for monkey characters so obviously I like this one a lot. He's also very One Piece, a trait I have trouble giving to my characters. Anyways accepted.

For starting advice, a lot of new users come in with the desire to make their own crew but for various reasons I'd' have to advice to at least initially take it slow, and tag along with other people/crews first.

There are a couple of reasons why, but primarily people tend to overlook that it's not just all benefits to being a captain and that it brings a lot of responsibilities. Also as you could imagine, you might need to prove yourself in the eyes of others first. People don't know if you're going to stick around or if your style will match theirs.

Finally though, could you do me a favor and decide on a specific type of monkey. So that other people who desire to make a monkey Zoan, would be able to chose a different type of monkey.

Should I have them flashforward and head towards the TFAJ or whichever island this is going to take place? (Can't recall ATM)

I believe so, at least one character of mine but I believe more. I'll go look them up for you.
    BTW thanks for unlocking that thread.

38. StrawHat4Life Moderator

I need to work out the specifics of the arc and the setting. So who's definitely going to be joining in?

39. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

@S4L:

Went back a couple of pages, and I believe I've got them all.

Unnamed Crew:
    X
    Also Ten and Dapper are currently placed in different locations, but they'll be joining officially in the near future.

TFAJ: I think it needs it's own heading
    X
    X
    X

Ravenbeards:
    X

East Blue general miscreants:
    X

West Blue general miscreants:
    X

40. Adamant soul Well-Known Member

So basically I should have Alex join one of the current crews for a while before I have him strike off and make one of his own. As for the type of monkey thing, not sure exactly what you mean, do you like specify if he's a baboon, orangutan, chimpanzee or whatever. Didn't exactly have a specific type in mind when I made the profile.

41. Pyro Got my PHD in OP

That's an option if you want to do it like that, but we were more recommending that you create a character with the purpose of joining another crew. If you're dead set on forming your own thats all well and good, but you'll need to find a bunch of other people to create characters to join your crew too otherwise you'll be RPing all by yourself.

As for the specific type of monkey, yeah I think that's what he was asking. It just gives the reader a more clear picture of what to imagine. It'd probably be a good thing to add.

Example: If it's a chimpanzee, then he's probably going to be a more agile and speedy fighter whereas if he's a gorilla then he's going to be more based on brute strength most likely.

42. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

The owners will need to confirm this but for the TFIJ it will most likely be.
    Shin
    Sendo
    Gumi
    Grani
    Kenneth
    Zell
    Possibly Riza

I think that would be for the best, also the type of crew you seem to be after is a model that's already very popular. The Chaotic Good kind, I don't think we have enough of those characters to fill 3 different crews at this time.

Alex's adventure will probably go a lot smoother if he builds a reputation first.

That's what I meant. :)

Not quite what I meant initially, he doesn't need to change Alex or make a different character per se. It might be easier on the RP as a whole, but I'll leave that to him.

What I meant to say was that at least that at this moment, I don't think he should make his own crew at this moment. It's not something I recommend a new user to do, besides we also need to diversify a bit. I can't imagine seeing that much more Chaotic Good pirate characters, at least to the point that we could fill 3 separate crews with them.

43. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

:hmm this might conflict with my statement that we have too many crews currently, but there actually happen to be some waiting lists for joining currently. Actually I think all of the (most) active crews already have quite a few characters waiting in line to join so that might be a problem.

:hmm maybe we do need another Chaotic Good crew? It might be better for the balance. Though still, not right now.

Anyways, I think it'll probably work out for the best if you stick with Alex ATM and get settled with him. You could always change your plans later but I think my initial advice to have Alex tag along with a crew for now will be the easiest method of getting settled in this RP.

44. Adamant soul Well-Known Member

Yeah I can see what you mean because even in the manga, good pirates are pretty rare really in comparison to the ones that are bad so I can see why having 3 full crews of good pirates doesn't seem right.

As for the monkey type thing, he is a Chimpanzee.

I don't know both seem like good ideas. I may make a character specifically to join a crew. If I do it will be either an evil pirate or a Marine (good or bad) but I haven't really decided yet. So would any of the current crews be willing to have Alex join them for a while?

45. Shin_Yagami The gruntiest of grunts

Decided to PM you, the situation is surprisingly complicated.

Anyways, Chimpanzee it is.

46. Bluebeard Classy Gent

Will post today with Nogari and Lupe.

47. EndlessStrategy The Wandering Tactician

just like to confirm that I'm on for the TIJ TAJ joint venture.

48. DVB S-Rank Hallow Ninja

Well my crew is recruiting, but luffy no haki is currently going slow with the updating, he got things on his hands. But things should pick up once Sheen and Helen joins. So I'm following Shin's advice with the waiting in line with crew members.

Then again, you can get more people in the Grand Line, no need to get everyone now.

49. Noitora CAPUA

Alright, just about to post again as Pazzo. The pirates are storming the main command deck, with all the marine elites there bar Nagger and the doctor, Yuri. Whoever was fighting Yuri has been sent by Pazzo to acquire the scientists research information for another part of his future plans. When Yuri is beat, Pyros chap can come to the Command deck to take part and witness the twisting finale.

50. Noitora CAPUA

Teh info ish here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.