1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

[Official] Tobi's identity thread

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Volture, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insane111 B̲a̲n̲n̲e̲d̲

Seeing 1/10th of of his cheek from an obscure angle in a tiny panel is not "clearly seeing his face" or "confirmation" of anything whatsoever. I don't see how that is so difficult to understand.

2. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

I can't see the image, but judging by the url, I'm assuming it's from X.
    I only see HisshouBuraiKen as translating it as "him" rather than "me":

3. Talis Tobito believer

X

Second panel, real Madara obviously...

4. Escargon Madz

Didnt notice the hand did you?

Tobi is obviously Obito, i mean, he got the whole bandage wrapped where Obito got crushed behind a stone.

I think i just broke Tobis identity now.

5. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

One problem, X.

6. Mateush Well-Known Member

At least he seemed hurt or did something with his body. I don't think it's just outfit, since it really looks like bandage.

7. Talis Tobito believer

Whats your aim anyways?
    We saw his nose, both eyes, except his mouth, he clearly has a face. :giogio

8. Talis Tobito believer

Sigh.....
    Long haired guy is real Madara, short one is Tobi...

9. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

Please explain why it is so dumb. It's one of the best IMO. try and give some reasons why you think it's dumb. Not reasons why it couldn't happen, just reasons why you personally don't like it.

Tobi acts nothing like Madara.:pwned

Exactly!:) Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?:huh People see the slightest thing and they go jumping and stating it as definite proof.:notrust

Yeah, tobi being obito would explain the bandages.

Yes, but he still has those bandages on his chest. It's also possible that Kishi told Studio Perriot to add that in.

Of friggin course he has a face. that's the whole point, isn't it?

Where the hell did you even come up with that? Hair is literally the ONLY thing you have to go on. Kisame recognized Tobi as being "Madara" meaning that Tobi had to have been the one manipulating Yagura. Plus, I'm sure I've said this before but, PEOPLE CAN GROW THEIR HAIR LONGER. Just look at Hinata and Choji. They're not saiyans, Ok? Their hair doesn't just stay the same forever.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. Mateush Well-Known Member

It's still the lowest odds to bet Tobi in some way is Madara. If he is not Madara, then it has to be Izuna or eg Elder Son. There are not many options, but Madara is the most likely one, unless Kishi actually is trying to mindfuck.

11. Hoshigaki Kisame Monster of the Hidden Mist

*Sigh* They're the same person for goodness sake >_>.

12. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

Oh, and for those who are saying that Tobi's face looks just like Madara JUST because he has those creases under his eyes, other people, such as Onoki and Danzo have them too. The creases are due to old age. So, the creases under Tobi's eyes could just be from old age. Madara having them at a much younger age was most likely Kishi's way of tricking us even further into thinking Tobi was Madara. Don't believe me? Well, here:

Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

13. Hoshigaki Kisame Monster of the Hidden Mist

Or Madara could've just naturally had them like how Itachi has those two lines on his face.

14. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

That's what i meant. The reason madara had those creases naturally at a much younger age was likely because Kishi was trying to further convince us of the whole Tobi=Madara thing.

15. Talis Tobito believer

I love ridiculous people lol.
    Anyways, every Tobidara believed Tobi being Madara with haircut they failed, now they don't believe the real Madara being the other maksed guy with his original hair style lol.

16. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

Hair has absolutely nothing to do with this!!!! i just love how in my last response to you, I clearly offered up very valid points to refute what you said, yet you chose not to respond. Seriously, this hair shit is as ridiculous as people saying tobi is Obito JUST because of the hairstyle. In fact, it's even worse!
    :mad

17. Escargon Madz

What insanity is this?! Doesnt Kishi have any involvement in this?

Yeah i know they coloured the Rinnegan wrong but wrapping the left hand with bandages without even knowing theres bandage there is way over the top. Dont tell me they could do this? I hope atleast they called Kishi and asked what they should have done with the other hand. :cry

I hope Kishi did tell them to put bandage there, then Tobi propably got a half new body to replace his own, and Zetsu propably gave him information about Madara or something.

Obito inc. (Read chapter 510, Kishi shadowed Tobis right side, it might be Obito with Madaras body replacing the crushed body. And Zetsu goo giving him Hashirama DNA or something?)

Hmmm i dont think so.

That guy in the mask wanted to find out who the man who met Kisame was, and Kisame bit off his tongue. Why would Kisame bit it off if the man was Madara Uchiha? It doesnt make sense.

And:

Kisame met Madara.

Tobi weared his mask VS the fourth.

Tobi with Madara hair met Itachi.

Kinda disturbing if Madara weared Tobis mask:S

And tbh, if Obito let his hair grow, it would look like Madaras.

18. Scizor Zeal

This^ in particular is pushing it; it's a baseless assumption.

19. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

if Tobi is Obito, why would the other half of his body be Madara? That kind of operation would kill him! He most likely has completely his own body, but Zetsu used some zetsu goo yo repair his arm. His arm was probably the only thing that was actually crushed. His head was not crushed under the boulder. So, it could still completely be Obito.

20. Talis Tobito believer

Theres tons of enough facts which supports the Tobito the most important one of them is the Kakashis years which got delayed like thrice, and the most important of them all is that Kakashi is fighting against him now.
    Anyways i got more then eough proofs to support it but i already got enough of repeating things 1000x.
    Hairstyle doesn't matter?
    He has the same hairstyle as Obito so what do you expect after his revealment?
    His hair suddenly changing in pink long Sakura hairs?
    And don't be stupid theres no need in messing up with a masked mans appereance in every chapter.
    We knew the real Madara did live freaking long, manga says so far that he probably lived until Nagato was a little child.
    But who knows? What if Madara tried to find Nagato back but he couldn't?
    His comment about Nagato being grown still would make sense, on top of that the guy had a freaking bandage on his chest just the way Madara died, and Kisame knew the real Madara he couldn't have been tricked by Tobi.
    And even if it was Tobi, then Kishi surely would have reveal some more about the flashbacks if Tobi was the one to controle Yagura, but to bad Yagura dissapeared already without having some backstories on each other.
    Everything will become clear as soon as edo Madara goes to Itachi they will recognize each other.

And mark this in your history book, right after that the Tobidara supporters will support the Tobi is a Madara clone theory because Kisame ''recognized'' Tobi as Madara but they will fail again after the mask falls down lol.

21. Crystaltiger Nuke-Nin

I don't disagree with you, but I wouldn't call it proofs. That are hints.
    There is no proof for any theory. But a bunch of hints for a lot, like Obito AND THE ELDER SON ;DD

22. Talis Tobito believer

Whatever you would call it.

23. Escargon Madz

I might be wrong here but doesnt Tobi change his flesh? When he wants to remove it he turn it into Zetsu goo (proof vs the fourth, hes not really made of it, he TURNED his flesh into Zetsu) and when he wants to absorb attacks he turns his body into stone/metal or something (proof 1: he stopped a sword with his arm proof 2: he tried to absorb the fourths attack but failed a bit when he took the attack on his back, otherwise he would break in half proof 3: he turned his neck into it otherwise he would break his neck after Narutos headbutt attack).

He can grow his own body again, but it will be white first buy slowly turn into normal.

Is it space time jutsu he uses when someone goes thru his body or do he turn his flesh into a GHOST? Proof: when he had chains on a beast even after killer bee tried to crush him. Can you do it with another jutsu?
    I can be wrong on this one. Not really into Naruto much.

This guy is kinda special. And i would say 75% of his body is Madaras. Well idk o guess he wants Sasukes body cause Madarad turning old, thats why he calls himself immortal but idk. The Madara face weve seen is not his true identity, infact, we havent seen Tobi yet. Its the shadowed area in chapter 510 who is Tobi i guess.

Call me crazy but is there a reason Kishi gave Tobi the same hairstyle as Obito? Is there a reason Tobi is shown to be the old Madara? Kabuto took Tobis dna to ress Madara, im 99% sure of it.

But i can be wrong. Tobi is a fked up character.

24. Hoshigaki Kisame Monster of the Hidden Mist

You're the one who's being ridiculous by trying to prove your Obito theory with hairstyles. Pathetic.

Let me tell you this. All you do to prove your theory is talk about the physical things. That's all you rely on. Physical things don't matter. The facts are the things that matter.

25. Talis Tobito believer

Your just hoping that Tobi is Sakura with some haircut and dyed hairs of course thats possible, Kishi wants to troll us so hard.

26. TJFuZioN Member

I've already mentioned this in another thread but, one glaring clue that most people seem to overlook is Tobi's lack of Ninjutsu feats. He either can't or won't use it. All he's ever shown us is intangibility, space-time jutsus and doujutsu. If he was just a Madara clone, or Izuna, or Fugaku(!), or ANYBODY, then why hasn't he at least shown us a Katon, or something??? He doesn't even have MS(which should rule out Izuna)

This is what I think lends the most credit to Tobi=Juubi's Will. He can't use Ninjutsu because he isn't human. I also believe he also relies on eye power not only because it's easily the most haxx ability in the Narutoverse, but also because they originally belong to him. There's obviously some connection between the Juubi and the doujutsu, and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to surmise that the Juubi may be the father of all doujutsu somehow, which would explain why he's so good with them without being an Uchiha. It might even explain his control over the bijuu. And possibly the chains... Just something to think about.

27. Talis Tobito believer

Tobi sure looks as a ghost if i watch him in the anime when he fights against Minato.

28. Talis Tobito believer

Tobi is to calm to be a wild monster.

29. Hoshigaki Kisame Monster of the Hidden Mist

Good point. The Juubi being the father of all Doujutsu does seem plausible. And all your other points seem plausible as well.

30. TJFuZioN Member

Thanks. There could obviously be another explanation for his lack of Ninjutsu, but I just hope it's something people will consider more often when thinking about Tobi's identity.

31. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

What are you talking about? I never said the Obito theory didn't have any proof. In fact, it's one of my favorite theories. I just said that you can't base a theory on hairstyle. Because by that logic, Hinata and Choji aren't Hinata and Choji because they have different hair styles than they did before.:notrust And for the record, Obito's hair does NOT, I repeat, NOT match Tobi's. It's similar, but not the same. Another thing, those bandages on "Madara" could actually be from having a HUGE ASS BOULDER fall on him. *cough*Obito*cough*. Also, it's not like Madara to control someone like that from the shadows. It seems more like Tobi.

Definately a huge possibility, but, the space-time he uses is a space-time ninjutsu, correct? So, he at least has ONE ninjutsu.:) Also, Izuna wouldn't still have MS since Madara took his eyes. We also don't know if Tobi has MS or not. He may very well have it and just doesn't use it often cuz he doesn't want to go blind.

We know absolutely nothing of the Juubi's personality.

32. Talis Tobito believer

Hinatha and Choji had at least panels showing their haircuts, you can't change a masked mans appearence without clearly showing it.

33. Menacing Eyes Eyes that see fine in darkness

Tobi isn't able to use Katon because he wears that mask. When Fugaku was explaining Katon to Sasuke, he said that it involves drawing Chakra from one's mouth, storing it in the chest, and the blowing it out.

Spoiler:
    X

Tobi can't do this because the mask covers his mouth.

34. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

What do you mean? Of course you can! What do you mean, "panels showing their haircuts"? All that happened was Naruto returned to Konoha and saw them with much longer hair. It's the same deal with Tobi, we see that his hair grows longer after long periods of time. No one made a big deal about Hinata and Choji having longer hair, so why the big fuss over Tobi having longer hair? Even Sakura's hair was shown in a flashback to have grown more when she was training with Tsunade in between parts 1 and 2, but then she cut it again.

35. Crystaltiger Nuke-Nin

Just stop focusing on his hair, that's really absolutely NO point.
    Ninja's can change their hair too and Obito died (or did not, however) over a decade ago (in fact he was "seen" the last time 17 years ago).
    You cannot tell me that a haircut proofs anything after 17 years, so just don't argue about his hair anymore.

36. Talis Tobito believer

I am not argueing about his hair.
    I am just saying that it's not obvious changing a masked mans appearence the whole time.

37. Talis Tobito believer

Nope, we just saw a maskless guy with Madara's hairs claiming to be Madara while Kisame knowing the real guy agreeing with it.
    Note that the guy was even maskless while Tobi is a person with a mask claiming to be Madara.

38. TJFuZioN Member

Some good points, although I don't know if I'd call Tobi's Space-Time "jutsus" ninjutsu(I only use the word jutsu because because it's relatable term to use when desbribing it). It doesn't seem like something learnable like Minato's Hiraishin(?), especially with all that weird pocket-dimension (COUGHtheinsideofthemoonCOUGH) stuff going on. It seems more comprable to a kekkei genkai than anything else, which has nothing to do with "ninja techniques". I could be wrong, of course, and this might've already been addressed.

Also, I guess Izuna, or some other MS weilder, is technically still possibility, it doesn't really seem likely and doesn't account for... his uniqueness. Meh.

39. Talis Tobito believer

Pretty much this, it's hard to call an eye technique a real jutsu, Tobi even needed some extra strenght against Minato so what did he use?
    Ninjutsu? No just some dumb weapons because he literally doesn't have anything else besides the S/T.

40. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

Who cares if he wasn't wearing a mask? He had no need for one at the time. No one knew that he was there manipulating Yagura. Plus, he wanted to show his face to Kisame. Once Tobi's identity is revealed, and his flashback begins, that is likely when it we'll be shown that he grew his hair out and got haircuts. Also, you're also saying that the person who helped Itachi with the Massacre was Madara as well, right? Well, that makes no sense either. Face it, man. It just doesn't add up.
    Anyways, how bout we just stop arguing about this, okay? Cuz, frankly, I'm fed up, and hair is kind of a boring thing to debate about, lol.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  41. Starstalker Yammy is gay

Whoever he is, I don't want another enemy who is pissed off at the world because he was hurt or something in his childhood.

Please Kishi, just make him evil because...well, for the lolz.

42. Talis Tobito believer

You will see as soon as Madara goes to Itachi, Kishi didn't leave the 25 Madara clones left behind the Kages just for the lolz. :wink

43. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

(Finally, a non-hair based argument) Okay, well I guess you've got a point there. Makes ya think that Madara made those clones to distract the Kages while he goes to see Itachi. But, I don't see why Madara would want to randomly go see Itachi for lolz. I doubt he even knows itachi died. Or that itachi was edo tensei ressurected.

44. Talis Tobito believer

Kabuto will make him to go there.
    Or either Muu, someone made a theory a while ago which made pretty much sense, ''Muu'' is even running away still if he truly goes to Kabuto then he simply can summon Madara next to him.

45. Crystaltiger Nuke-Nin

I just hope Kabuto backstory ends in the near future, I don't like it xD
    But Tobi being Madara is still the least convincing theory imo.
    It's boring in some way, because it would mean, that we (more or less) knew from the beginning that it was Madara, so there would be thousands of theories just to end where it all started. I just won't believe that.

46. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

I'm really starting to think that Tobi is the Elder son of Rikudo. I've read some convincing theories and I'm just about convinced. I also think it could be the Younger Son, Setsuna Uchiha, or Obito Uchiha.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  47. AoMythology Member

Hasn't Tobi also used low-level Doton?

48. TJFuZioN Member

Hmmm... I always figured that was him using his intangibility to move through the earth. Do the panels specifically quote a doton jutsu?

49. insane111 B̲a̲n̲n̲e̲d̲

I don't think so, but I think there was a point where you see him pop out of the ground, earth and all, leaving a hole. Plus, he wouldn't be able to carry around and plant Deidara's bombs down there while intangible.

50. Zeref Dragneel Self-Proclaimed Knight

Here's my percentages for Tobi chances:

Obito: 40%
    Kagami: 30%
    Izuna: 10%
    Older Son: 10%
    Younger Son: 5%
    Izuna: 5%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.